The game is very quiet now but will remain available to play for the next year. Staff presence is definitely limited. I’ll continue developing the game as if it is a hobby and continue working on updates as I have time. We welcome players to visit!
I’ve made a few small updates since I have time this month. They are as follows:
1) Archiving has been re-enabled. The length of time before your character archives is 90 days. I’ve reset everyone’s last logged-in date to today. I’ll also be willing to restore any character that archives as long as it was your most recent character and it doesn’t break the game. The reason archiving is back is because as more updates get added in, the more likely an old character will be out of date when they come back.
2) Create scroll has been removed from all mages. You should have gotten 2 practices back when you logged in. The scrolls can now be purchased from the scrollery in Seria. These scrolls can be used for enchantment (yay no waiting!) .
3) I fixed a bunch of issues with mana in campfire, track, and inspect.
4) Shamans have gained baleful gaze and ancestral blessing. I’ll be working on shamans a bit this month to give them their own flavor other than a cross between necromancer and druid.
5) All the class skill lists on the website have been updated. If you see an error, please let me know!
I went through and cleaned up some skills for necromancer. The updates follow.
- Debilitate: docks speed, defense, and damage by up to 1/3 for 10 combat turns. Replaces Ball and Chain, Weaken, and Chill touch. I experimented a bit and this has a greater effect than the skills it replaces which only dock dex and str.
- Ball and Chain: removed.
- Weaken: removed.
- Chill Touch: removed. Subzero is now level 3.
- Demise: ultimately not very useful. Removed.
- Demonspirit: removed.
- Exorcism: removed, upgraded Death Ward
- Death Ward: if cast without a target, casts it on room. If cast on a ghost target, exorcises the ghost from the room and casts room ward.
- Embalm: removed. This skill was mostly used for animate dead which isn’t very good either.
- Rot Weapon: removed. This skill was terrible because its effect (destroying the enemy’s weapon) was so powerful and griefy.
- Scourge: removed. Necromancer still has blindness, plague, and debilitate. Scourge worked at lower efficiency for a lot more mana than casting these separately.
- Crypt: removed. The crypt effect was added onto Rigor Mortis.
- Resist Disease: now gives immunity to plague.
- Resist Poison: now gives immunity to poison.
- Infestation: new skill where a swarm of infernal locusts is summoned to attack the enemy. The enemy gains anywhere from 10-30 points of vulnerability to abyssal based on abyssal saves and has a chance to become disarmed based on the same calculations used by the disarm skill.
This clean up was in anticipation of necromancer summoning being updated.
Clerics should have lost exorcism as it was combined into death ward.
Enchanters should have lost runic ward since it is now in arcane ward.
Battlemages should have lost runic ward since they have shield.
Necromancer’s enervation spell has been exchanged for reap, which recovers HP based on damage dealt.
The reap spell uses a polearm to attack a group of enemies with abyssal,
life-draining magic. The attack first hits victims that are actively
attacking the caster or the caster's party and then any uninvolved nearby
targets within range. About half of the damage dealt per victim is recovered
up to a max of 50 hit points per hit.
Syntax: cast 'reap' <target>