Username: Password:

Author Topic: The End of one Era, the Beginning of Another  (Read 2521 times)

Astriana

The End of one Era, the Beginning of Another
« on: February 04, 2010, 10:07:58 PM »
The Center of Gheldale
You stand at the heart of Gheldale, right at the center of the city.  People pass by you on all sides, going about their own personal business.  Buildings can be seen on all sides, rising up towards the sky, and streets span off deeper into the varying sections of the city.  Right at the perfect center of the city, a spire of twisted vines has formed, reaching up towards the sky.  Atop this vine is held a statue, which seems to look over all of Gheldale.  
 [Exits: north south west]
     An expansive pavilion deflects the rain from rows of chairs beneath.
     An oak table with twisting vines for legs stands under the pavilion.
     A spire of entwined vines has grown here, carrying a statue upon its peak.
(Translucent) Yshil the Swift, Duke of Belverin is here.
A glinting white pegasus stands quietly by its owner.
Valarri is here. A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue is here, his walking stick held firmly in hand. (Translucent) Sei, Ev'rah of Lorvalis is here. (Translucent) Salaris is here, standing with her hands clasped behind her back.
Looking ready to strike, a shadow wolf stands silently just behind its master.
Freyan is here, floating in the air, standing beneath the podium, quietly conversing.
Orenia, Lai'drim of Gheldale is here.

Orenia inclines her head politely at Yshil.

A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue crumples up the note and shoves it in his pocket.

You think in common 'A human.. quaint.'

Yshil utters the words, 'ocolora pueocoloi'.
Yshil utters the words, 'ocolora uizug'.

Sei glances up at Yshil and Valarri, inclining her head in a greeting.

Yshil sheaths a dagger of mystical origin into an ornate onyx dagger sheath.

A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue counts his money.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, tilting his head, 'Erydin is delayed with a problematic patrol.  We may begin, if you would like.'

Orenia blinks, hesitating for a short moment before nodding at Freyan.

You pray to Sannhet: 'My Lady.. Please bless this ceremony.. protect us all..'

Freyan says in siri, as he walks to the center of the pavilion, 'Please take your seats, then.'

Valarri sits down at one of the folding chairs beneath the pavilion.

A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue sits down at one of the folding chairs beneath the pavilion.

Salaris sits down at one of the folding chairs beneath the pavilion.

You sit down at one of the folding chairs beneath the pavilion.

Sei slides into one of the chairs, clasping her hands.

Yshil takes a seat next to Valarri, glancing around.

Yshil sits down at one of the folding chairs beneath the pavilion.

Orenia sits down at one of the folding chairs beneath the pavilion.

Freyan blinks at Orenia.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, tilting his head, 'Join me?'

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, as she rises from the chair, a bit sheepishly, 'Right, of course.'

Orenia stands up.

A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue stands up.

Freyan nods, gesturing Orenia to come stand beside him.

A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue sits down at one of the folding chairs beneath the pavilion.

Orenia walks to stand next to Freyan, her head bowing slightly before the gathered crowd.

Freyan says in siri, in a soft tenor, 'Thank you all for coming to bear witness today.'

You think in common 'I do wonder what will come next.. for all of us..'

You think in common 'It will be interesting to watch..'

Freyan turns to Orenia, holding out his hand to her.

Orenia takes Freyan's hand into hers, lifting her gaze to stare at him.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'Today you will renew your vows as one of the Ge'siri, as Gheldale's protector.  Do you accept this responsibility?'

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, firmly, 'I do.'

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'The task you are being given is not easy, nor is it kind.'

Ilmatek wanders in, casually looking around himself with, apparantly, great interest.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'However, I have faith that you are strong enough to lead this city.  I have faith that you will keep us from harm.'

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'Gheldale's Ali'siri does not have power.  She is given power by the people she protects.'

Orenia nods at Freyan, her hand tightly gripping his as she bows her head again.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'In return, she is asked to dedicate herself to Gheldale; you must love this city.  I am confident that you do.'

Ilmatek watches Orenia with a lopsided grin stuck to his face.

Ilmatek glances around quickly before bringing a leather water skin to his lips.

Ilmatek drinks absinthe from a leather water skin.

Yshil looks all around.

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, nodding, 'I do. I love this city and dedicate myself to her, no matter the position I'm in.'

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'You have already sworn yourself beyond death to the protection of Gheldale.  Will you swear again, as Gheldale's leader?'

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, solemnly, 'I do swear that even beyond death, I'll protect Ghel'dale to the best of my ability, this time as Ali'siri.'

Ilmatek whispers in Yshil's ear.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, nodding slightly, 'Kneel, Orenia, Lai'drim of Gheldale.'

Yshil shrugs in response to Ilmatek.

Orenia sinks to her knees in front of Freyan, letting go of his hand.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'You are twice sworn.  May Gheldale never suffer in your care.  May Gheldale thrive with your protection.'

Freyan lowers a delicate diadem of braided gold filigree to Orenia's head, carefully fitting it on her.

Orenia wears a delicate diadem of braided gold filigree on her head.

Freyan offers Orenia his hand again, drawing her to her feet.

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, clasping her hand to his, 'Thank you for your blessing. I--'

Orenia turns to the rest of the siriyu gathered, self-consciously touching the diadem on her head.

Ilmatek brushes his hair back form his face, watching Orenia and Freyan.

Yshil looks at Orenia.

Freyan goes to his knees, bowing his head over Orenia's hand.

You think in common 'She will do well.. truely..'

Freyan whispers in Orenia's ear.

Orenia says in siri, nodding at the silver-haired siriyu, 'For my first task as Ali'siri, I wish to bestow a title on Freyan Savitri.'

You think in common 'Wise..'

You think in common 'Not that it matters what I think..'

Freyan's ears twitch slightly though he remains with his head bowed.

Ilmatek tilts his head slightly to the side, his attention going to Freyan.

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, as she lays her other hand on his shoulder, 'For your dedication to the city past, present and stretching into the future.. For the how you've given yourself totally to the protection of this city, I name you Dawnbringer.'

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, quietly, 'I will show myself worthy of your name, Ali'siri.'

You think in common 'I like it.. he is the one who brings the sun..'

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, warmly, 'You already have and I'm sure the future will reflect even better. You may rise.'

Freyan stands, sliding a thin, luminous circlet made of deep blue maledrite from his head.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'I have a favor to ask of you, Ali'siri.'

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, tilting her head at him, 'What is it that you wish?'

Ilmatek whispers in Yshil's ear.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'I would have you keep this for me.  As a promise.'

You think in common 'That he could have me for his wife and we could live happily ever after..'

Freyan offers Orenia a thin, luminous circlet made of deep blue maledrite.

Sei lowers her head, closing her eyes briefly.

Yshil frowns slightly up to Ilmatek, turning back to Orenia and Freyan.

You think in common 'That she hold that for him until he can profess his undying love to me..'

Ilmatek shrugs, giving a small sigh as he returns his attention to Orenia and Freyan.

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, holding out her hand, 'And your promise would be?'

You think in common 'And when he comes back from his quest to gain strength, he will sweep me off my feet, and use that circlet to propose marriage to me..'

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, as he gently places the circlet in her hands, 'You hold my loyalty.  Gheldale holds my allegiance.  I will not forget what I have learned as Tal.'

You think in common 'And then we will have the most amazing story to tell our children and grandchildren...'

You think in common 'How romantic...'

Valarri smiles warmly to Freyan and Orenia.

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, staring at the circlet for a long moment before nodding, 'I've never doubted that you would, but I thank you all the same for the promise.'

Freyan bows his head to Orenia before turning, moving to stand a step behind at Orenia's shoulder.

Orenia says in siri, in a warm, lighthearted tone, 'And for my second task as Ali'siri.. Valarri, would you come up here?'

Yshil grins widely, leaning back in his chair.

Valarri blinks innocently.

Ilmatek looks at Valarri.

Valarri says in siri, in a soft, melodic tone, 'Oh.. alright..'

Valarri stands up.

Yshil looks all around.

Salaris smiles slightly, watching Valarri.

Valarri walks up to Orenia staring wided eyed at her.

Valarri looks at Orenia.

Orenia says to Valarri in siri, laughing softly, 'It's nothing horrible.'

You think in common 'Silly... why even think such things when you know they will not come true.. It only makes it worse..'

Freyan ducks his head to hide a faint smile.

Valarri's cheeks fill with a light silvery hue.

Orenia says to Valarri in siri, in a warm, lighthearted tone, 'For your diligence and service to Ghel'dale in the past few months, I wish to promote you from the rank of Seh'ril.'

Yshil looks at Orenia.

Valarri smiles brightly to Orenia.

Valarri says to Orenia in siri, in a soft, melodic tone, 'Th-.. Thank you, Lady Orenia.'

Orenia says to Valarri in siri, brightly, 'Congratulations. I'll inform you of your duties at a later time.'

Freyan says to Valarri in siri, with a warm smile, 'I look forward to working with you, Miss Valarri.'

Ilmatek idly twirls a length of his unruly hair on his finger as he continues watching.

Valarri nods to Orenia with a smile and inclines her head politly.

Orenia says in siri, smoothly, as she turns her attention to the rest of those gathered, 'For now, the coronation is complete. You all have my gratitude for attending and giving me support.'

Kayleigh rises, smiling at Orenia and clapping.

Ilmatek slants a lopsided grin to Orenia, tipping his head slightly.

You say in common, in soft tones, 'Hail the new Ali'Siri!'

Ilmatek raises a leather water skin in a salute towards Orenia after taking a quick drink.

Orenia says in siri, gesturing to the table, 'There's a reception afterwards, now. Please partake as you wish.'

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'May your path be bright, Orenia.'

Yshil stands as well, smiling softly.

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, in a warm, lighthearted tone, 'If you're there to help me along the way, I'm sure it will be.'

You think in common 'I will miss having reasons to find Freyan..'

lmatek meanders through the crowd over to an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Sei stands slowly, bowing her head towards Orenia, hands clasped in front of herself.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, with a warm smile, 'I suppose it should be Ali'siri now.'

Ilmatek gets a plate of fragrant sugar cookies from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Yshil stands up.

You think in common 'I wonder what I will do..'

Salaris stands up.

Ilmatek looks around briefly before snatching up a few more plates from the table.

Ilmatek gets a plate of fragrant sugar cookies from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue stands up.

Ilmatek eats a plate of fragrant sugar cookies.

A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue whispers in Sei's ear.

A small elysiriyu child runs up to Yshil and pokes Yshil in the leg.
a small elysiriyu child says in siri 'Tag!  You're it!'
A small elysiriyu child runs away, all the while giggling.

Yshil looks down to a small elysiriyu child, laughing lightly.

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, eyeing him sidelong, 'You'll be doing that to me, now? I guess it's only fair.'

Ilmatek grins broadly at a small elysiriyu child, his mouth full of cookie.

Sei blinks at a bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue, then glances at the table, gesturing vaguely toward it.

Orenia gets a plate of fragrant sugar cookies from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Orenia gets a custard tart topped with glazed berries from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, with a quick grin, 'If the Ali'siri does not wish me to show such formality, I will not.'

Orenia gets a toasted blackcurrant teacake from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue whispers in Sei's ear.

Yshil says to Valarri in siri, in a brisk voice, 'And I used to wonder why I loved this city.'

A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue gets a plate of fragrant sugar cookies from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Valarri giggles.

A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue holds up a plate of fragrant sugar cookies and looks at Sei, disappointed.

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, laughing, 'I'd much prefer it if you showed me the same amount of formality you'd wanted shown to you.'

Sei says to a bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue in siri, tone dry, 'You could go hunting.'

Yshil looks at Valarri.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, inclining his head, with a smile, 'As you wish, Orenia.'

A bearded, rustic-looking human with eyes a gelid blue nods faintly.

Yshil whispers in Valarri's ear.

Ilmatek wanders back through the crowd to the front, moving towards Orenia.

Freyan gets a custard tart topped with glazed berries from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Valarri nods her head twice in rapid succession at Yshil.

Yshil grins lightly at Valarri.

Freyan eats a custard tart topped with glazed berries.

Yshil looks at Salaris.

Valarri giggles.

Ilmatek swallows the contents of his mouth before leaning in towards Orenia.

Ilmatek whispers in Orenia's ear.

A small elysiriyu child runs up to Sei and pokes Sei in the leg. a small elysiriyu child says in siri 'Tag!  You're it!' A small elysiriyu child runs away, all the while giggling.

Yshil smiles, nudging Valarri.

Valarri whispers in Salaris's ear.

Sei slants a small elysiriyu child a small smile as she approaches the table at the front of the pavilion.

Orenia whispers in Ilmatek's ear.

Salaris whispers in Valarri's ear.

Valarri nods at Salaris.

You stand up.

You get a plate of fragrant sugar cookies from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Salaris looks at Orenia.

You give a plate of fragrant sugar cookies to a small elysiriyu child.

You whisper in common to a small elysiriyu child, in soft tones, 'Go share those with your friends, sweetie..'

Sei says to Orenia in siri, quietly, with a smile, 'Congratulations, Ali'siri.'

Sei looks at Ilmatek.

You think in common 'Whatever will we do without him..?  I know he will be here.. but it will not be the same..'

Orenia whispers in Ilmatek's ear.

You think in common 'I wonder how he will change.. without the heavy burdens..'

Orenia shoots Ilmatek a look before turning to Sei, beaming at her.

Ilmatek looks down at a leather water skin briefly, giving a slight nod before tucking it away.

Ilmatek puts a leather water skin in a roughly patched backpack with wide straps.

Orenia says to Sei in siri, in a warm, lighthearted tone, 'Thank you. I'll rely a lot more on you in the future, so I suppose I should congratulate you as well.'

Ilmatek moves back through the crowd towards the children, crouching down between them and looking at each with a bright grin as he offers them both a plate of cookies.

Ilmatek gives a plate of fragrant sugar cookies to a small elysiriyu child.

Ilmatek gives a plate of fragrant sugar cookies to a small elysiriyu child.

Salaris whispers in Orenia's ear.

Orenia puts a toasted blackcurrant teacake in a harness of broad leather straps.
Orenia puts a custard tart topped with glazed berries in a harness of broad leather straps.
Orenia puts a plate of fragrant sugar cookies in a harness of broad leather straps.

Ilmatek ruffles the childrens' hair and flashes them a wink before moving back towards an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Yshil says to Orenia in siri, turning to her and bowing, 'Congratulations, Ali'siri. I wish you well in your royalty.'

Valarri whispers in Salaris's ear.

Salaris nods at Valarri.

Ilmatek gets a toasted blackcurrant teacake from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

A small elysiriyu child leaves south.

Valarri whispers in Orenia's ear.

Freyan says to Yshil in siri, quietly interjecting, 'I am glad to see you here.'

A small elysiriyu child looks to a glinting white pegasus with wide, curious eyes.
a small elysiriyu child says in siri 'Say...  What's your name?'

Orenia says to Yshil in siri, inclining her head, 'And I congratulate you on your upcoming nuptials. I wish you the best.'

Ilmatek looks at a glinting white pegasus.

Orenia nods faintly at Valarri and Salaris.

Yshil says to Freyan in siri, smiling lightly, 'I could not see an old friend step down without being present. You served for many years... Hopefully many more, 'eh?'

Salaris smiles brightly at Orenia.

A glinting white pegasus snorts derisively.

Ilmatek eats a toasted blackcurrant teacake.

Yshil laughs lightly before turning back to Orenia, bowing his head.

Ilmatek eats a plate of fragrant sugar cookies.

Freyan says to Yshil in siri, with a faint smile, 'I will never cease my service to Gheldale.  Perhaps my bones will rest with my ancestor's beneath Haphen someday, so I may join them in their guardianship.'

Orenia gets a crystal tumbler adorned with gold filigree from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Salaris whispers in Orenia's ear.

Salaris looks at Valarri.

Salaris says to Valarri in siri 'Ready?'

Orenia gets a pewter goblet etched with flowering vines from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Orenia gets a pewter goblet etched with flowering vines from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Yshil says to Freyan in siri, in a brisk voice, 'I wish you luck in that. However, I fear I must be on my way. I am to be married, I believe. I would invite you, had you not something more important to attend.'

Orenia gets a frosted, trumpet flute glass from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Valarri nods at Salaris.

Orenia gets a frosted, trumpet flute glass from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Yshil nods at Salaris.

Freyan says to Yshil in siri, dipping his head, 'I wish you happiness, then.  I must stay to aid Orenia with the formalities, though.'

Yshil says to Salaris in siri, in a brisk voice, 'Make the portal to me.'

Orenia whispers in Salaris's ear.

Yshil bows before Freyan.

Yshil says in siri, in a brisk voice, 'Be well, all.'

Yshil utters the words, 'faew'.
Yshil roams into the shadows.

Ilmatek casually wipes the crumbs from his mouth with the back of his hand.

Salaris raises a hand in farewell to the gathered crowd before slipping away.

Salaris leaves north.
Valarri leaves north.

Orenia steps over to stand beside you, resting a hand on the other's shoulder.

Kayleigh smiles softly at Orenia.

You say to Orenia in common, in soft tones, 'Congratulations, Ali.. And yes, I know not to call you that frequently..'

You think in common 'Oh, how I will miss him.. how he looks at Kyel.. pretending it is me..'

Orenia says to you in siri, warmly, 'I'm grateful for your presence, too. Would you partake-- Ah yes, it'd be best if you didn't call me that unless in formal occasions.'

You say to Orenia in common, pausing for just a moment, 'I am fine.. and I would not have missed it..'

Ilmatek leans back lightly against an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs, taking sudden interest in his feet.

You think in common 'I wish he would have any kind of interest in me... I fear that will wane now that he is not the Tal..'

Orenia says to you in siri, lightly, 'Then go get a drink? You've not moved from your chair the entire time.'

Freyan says to you in siri, teasingly, 'We would not wish our Ali'siri to be too distant, would we?'

You say to Orenia in common, biting her lip for a moment, 'My apologies.. my mind has.. has wandered much.. I do not mean to dampen your spirits..'

An oak table with twisting vines for legs stands under the pavilion.
An elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs holds:
( 8) a plate of fragrant sugar cookies (13) a custard tart topped with glazed berries
(13) a toasted blackcurrant teacake
(13) a crystal tumbler adorned with gold filigree
(13) a pewter goblet etched with flowering vines
(13) a frosted, trumpet flute glass

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, coughing slightly, 'I doubt she'd ever complain about that. You should drink too, it's not anything that'll affect your mind overmuch.'

Sei gives a dry chuckle.

Sei gets a pewter goblet etched with flowering vines from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Kayleigh moves quietly to the table, picking up a glass.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, brightly, 'I will toast you, then.'

You get a crystal tumbler adorned with gold filigree from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, amused, 'What would you have to toast about?'

Ilmatek's gaze drifts over the faces of those gathered, remaining silent.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'To you.'

You say in common, raising her glass, 'Indeed..'

Orenia puts a thin, luminous circlet made of deep blue maledrite in a large leather knapsack.

Freyan holds a frosted, trumpet flute glass delicately between his fingers, tilting it slightly as he raises it.

Ilmatek gets a frosted, trumpet flute glass from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Sei raises her own glass, a faint smile on her face.

Ilmatek raises a frosted, trumpet flute glass towards Orenia before setting it back to an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Ilmatek puts a frosted, trumpet flute glass on an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'May you find the sun always lights your way.'

Freyan drinks champagne from a frosted, trumpet flute glass.

Orenia slowly raises her champagne glass in bewilderment, looking around at the rest of those gathered.

You drink schnapps from a crystal tumbler adorned with gold filigree.

Sei drinks sirish wine from a pewter goblet etched with flowering vines.

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, as she raises her own glass to her lips, '..Thank you.'

Orenia drinks champagne from a frosted, trumpet flute glass.
Orenia drinks champagne from a frosted, trumpet flute glass.

Orenia sets down her champagne glass on the table, clapping her hands briskly.

Orenia says in siri, in a warm, lighthearted tone, 'Again, much gratitude to you who've attended. I believe I'll go back to the palace to take care of the remaining paperwork for this.'

You say to Orenia in common, in soft tones, 'Be well..'

You say to Freyan in common, in soft tones, 'What is it that will fill your time, now..?'

Ilmatek says to Orenia in siri, waving, 'Take care o' yerself.'

Orenia says to Freyan in siri, in a warm, lighthearted tone, 'Would you be able to accompany me? It'd be much easier, that way.'

You think in common 'Oh.. never mind, I suppose..'

Sei says to Orenia in siri, in a silky tone, 'Let me know if you need assistance with anything.'

Freyan says to Orenia in siri, in a soft tenor, 'I'll help you.  I believe I've most of it done, except for what could not be completed before the coronation.'

Freyan utters the words, 'ocolora uizug'.

You say to Freyan in common, in soft tones, 'Then be well..'

Orenia says to Ilmatek in siri, nodding, 'I'll come take you up on your offer sometime.'

You think in common 'You do not know how you will be missed..'

Freyan says in siri, lifting his hand, 'Bright sun, all of you.'

Ilmatek says to Orenia in siri, a lopsided grin forming on his lips, 'I look forward t'it.'

Orenia says to Sei in siri, brightly, 'You'll see my missives soon enough.'

Sei slants Orenia a wry smile, nodding.

Sei says to Freyan in siri, expression sobering as she ducks her head, 'Be well, Freyan.'

Ilmatek gives a quick bow to Orenia before stepping back from the table and into the crowd.

Ilmatek quickly walks into the crowd!

Orenia waves a hand, bowing her head once before departing north.

Sei gets a crystal tumbler adorned with gold filigree from an elegant oak table with twisting vines for legs.

Sei sighs, her gaze following the pair northward.

You say in common, in soft tones, 'It is strange, is it not..?'

Sei glances at you, then nods.

Sei says in siri, in a silky tone, '..It is. It shouldn't be, but it is.'

You say in siri, in soft tones, 'It.. It seems the end of an era..'

You say in siri, in soft tones, 'It will be good.. but it is sad all the same..'

Sei says in siri, quietly, after a long pause, 'Yes. '

Sei says to you in siri, ruefully, 'I hope it will be. I wish I had more faith in it.'

Kayleigh nods quietly.

Sei sniffs the air.

You say in siri, in soft tones, 'I should be going.. I've some errands to run before the hour grows too late.. Be well..'