Username: Password:

Author Topic: Besting the King of Cranezmore: A Bard's Tale.  (Read 1906 times)

Skeas

• Quiet as a Mouse
  • best world
Besting the King of Cranezmore: A Bard's Tale.
« on: April 10, 2010, 05:51:38 AM »
Veive moves to a table in the center of the tavern, pushing everything on it to one side, much to the irritation of
the grothtalian occupant, before leaping to stand atop the table, grinning about the room.

Viaken chuckles politely.

Viaken says to an old male bartender in common, in the slow, slack speech of a farmer, 'I'm sure she'll pay the
damages, should she break anything important.'

Kalil pulls up a stool and turns to you.

Kalil sits on a row of stools at the bar and rests.

Viaken sits on a row of stools at the bar and rests.

Viaken joins Kalil.

You yell in common, calling out loudly, 'Gather round, and be witness to the tale of Veive the Sharp, on this day
that grand deeds were performed!'

You say in common, grinning mischievously, ''Twas on this very day, before the sun was risen, that from the midpoint
of M'Dhoria I did set out on the boat headed t'ward the northlands.'

You say in common, continuing, an arm pointed northward, her foot atop the back of a particularly high-backed chair,
'I sought a siri who I had met there before, to tear him from the icy grasp of the vicious King of Cranezmore and
his wicked servants.'

You say in common, eyes narrowed, excitement in her voice, 'We landed and the boatman yelled to the crew- 'Drop
anchor, ye shark-baits, or ye shall serve next in the Lord Sativa's realm!''

You say in common, grinning, 'I leapt from the boat's hull onto the grey slab that they use for a dock, being sure
to keep my wits about me. The Dark Jewel is no city for fools, but I would play the part on this day. '

You say in common, continuing, a glimmer in her eyes, 'I would act naive, pretending to be looking for work in the
Black City... But truly, rescue was my mission.'

You think in common 'Perhaps I shall spice it up..'

Kalil leans forward waiting to hear more.

You say in common, in a boyish voice, 'Suddenly, from above, I heard a great scraping sound. I dashed up the stairs
and onto their streets and what, good men, do you think I saw?'

Viaken nods, listening intently.

Kalil says in common, in a mixed accent, 'What?'

Kalil eyes wide with antisapation.

Viaken says in common, in the slow, slack speech of a farmer, 'A giant dagahasi?'

You say in common, spreading her arms wide with a fierce look, 'The largest behemoth of a taurlok I had ever seen in
these lands, atop a great black dal'drok beast from the lands of pestilence!'

Viaken says in common, in the slow, slack speech of a farmer, 'So close!'

Viaken says to you in common, in the slow, slack speech of a farmer, 'What did you do?'

You say in common, glaring, 'He was staring me down, and his beast was pawing the ground, creating the sound I had
heard before. He snarled at me, knowing full well that I was up to no beneficial end in their city.'

Viaken says to you in common, in the slow, slack speech of a farmer, 'Exposed already!'

Kalil says in common, in a mixed accent, 'Oh no!'

You say in common, thrusting an arm forward, 'He charged his beast forward with a great roar!, an axe bigger than I
in each of his hands, and the most vicious beast alive underneath him. I had to think fast.'

You say in common, squatting down, one leg extended with the other bent, so low that a pitcher on the table nearly
hides her face, 'I ducked, keeping my sword aligned with the ground, and when the beast passed over me, I thrust
upwards into its gut!'

Veive brings an imaginary sword upwards, triumphantly.

Kalil cheers in excitment.

You say in common, in a boyish voice, 'The beast toppled, spilling its furious rider down the steps. It was by sheer
fortune alone that he rolled off of the slab and into the unforgiving depths below, where nary a man in full plate
has returned from.'

You say in common, grinning boyishly, 'Armor, a warrior's greatest weakness against the icy waves.'

You say in common, continuing, walking in place on the table in a sneaking manner, 'Through the streets I crept,
freeing johgo slaves from their bonds as I passed, until finally I came into the square, where a great canidae
loomed.'

You say in common, imitating a gruff growl, ''What is your name, puny siri?' He so impudently asked. I ignored his
question but pressed one of my own to him,'

You say in common, glaring as if at an enemy, ''Where is the dark-skinned siri with the tousled white hair!?' I
demanded, sword still in hand, my posture held to show the beast who was in charge.'

Viaken says in common, in the slow, slack speech of a farmer, 'I would imagine that important in Cranezmore.'

You say in common, scoffing, 'A slender human woman with flashing eyes and red hair entered and too asked my name.
The canidae asked if the human had met me previously, and they determined that I was too great a threat to deal with
alone.'

You get a canteen filled with cheap whiskey from a brown suede traveling bag.

You drink whiskey from a canteen filled with cheap whiskey.

You put a canteen filled with cheap whiskey in a brown suede traveling bag.

You are thirsty.

You say in common, in a boyish voice, 'And then he came into the square, his decaying wings flapping to keep him
aloft The King of Cranezmore himself! A heavily built dagahasi man with a sleek bald head and a long black goatee.'

You say in common, grinning, 'He, too, asked my name, and I found it to be time to let them know.. Just who it was
they were dealing with.'

Viaken nods.

Kalil says in common, in a mixed accent, 'Oh dear...'

Viaken shifts in his seat, leaning in.

You say in common, raising a fist into the air and nearly shouting, 'I am Veive the Sharp, demonkin, and I demand
answers. Where are you keeping the siri man with the tousled white hair!?'

You say in common, glaring, 'He was quickly made humble in the presence of I, so much more skilled and strong than
he could hope to be. He bade his minions and I to follow him, that we might visit the siri captive.'

Viaken says to you in common, in the slow, slack speech of a farmer, 'Struck the fear into them, I see.'

Viaken says to you in common, in the slow, slack speech of a farmer, 'Knew you're no one to be trifled with.'

You are sober.

You say in common, nodding emphatically, 'Indeed, but these were not foolish grunts. These were cunning, high
ranking members of the Enclave.'

You say in common, in a boyish voice, 'When we got to the cell where their siri prisoner was held, I soon found
myself trapped in with the King, the human woman, and their hound, my trusty sword my only ally.'

You say in common, almost angrily, 'And the siri, gone!'

You say in common, in a boyish voice, 'I knew that I had been tricked!'

Kalil says in common, in a mixed accent, 'No!'

You say in common, nodding, a scowl on her face, 'Oh, yes!'

Kalil says in common, in a mixed accent, 'What next?'

You say in common, haughtily, 'The King accused me of trespassing, knowing not that I had already murdered his great
taurlok reaver and steed, and ordered his canidae general to "teach me a lesson"'

Veive scoffs readily!

Kalil says in common, in a mixed accent, 'Oh he is going to get it.'

Viaken says to Kalil in common, in the slow, slack speech of a farmer, 'There will be lessons taught, but not as he
expected.'

You say in common, shaking her head, 'But that 'twas not to be! I warned him, I said "Make a wrong move, and I will
cut you from end to end, skewer your hound, and cut off your vile witch's head!"'

You say in common, holding up a halting hand, voice calming, 'He laughed. He had not yet seen a display of my
strength, and was unaware of the damage that I would yet do to he and his colleagues.'

You say in common, grinning amusedly, 'He offered me the first blow. Underestimated me because of my size and my
heritage.'

Viaken grins broadly.

Kalil says in common, in a mixed accent, 'Oh dear.'

Viaken says in common, in the slow, slack speech of a farmer, 'Augh, the pride!'

You say in common, flinging an arm forward, 'I threw my shield from my arm, into the hound's fool face, his helmet
shattering with a terrible crash as he stumbled backwards into the wall, the same time as my blade crashed down into
the King's warhelm!'

You say in common, in a boyish voice, 'The king dropped to a knee and as the woman tried to cast a spell at me, I
held my blade to her throat, making her jump backwards and cower in the corner of the room.'

Kalil says in common, in a mixed accent, 'Huzah!'

You say in common, holding up a finger, 'But the mongrel had found renewed vigor in his fury, and came at me with
his blade. I sidestepped, and -nearly-...'

You stop using a felt hat with a feather stuck into it.

You say in common, showing her right ear, the tip cut from it, 'Dodged it completely.'

Kalil glances towards you ear.

Viaken cringes at the ear.

You wear a felt hat with a feather stuck into it on your head.

You say in common, glaring, 'How do you men think that made me, the great and fast bardess Veive the Sharp, feel?!'

Kalil says in common, in a mixed accent, 'Angry!'

Viaken says to you in common, in the slow, slack speech of a farmer, 'Eager to repay the  favor.'

You say in common, raising her voice, 'I was furious! But my fury is a focused, channeled weapon. My vicious warcry
rung through the room,'

You yell in common, angrily, 'Ze'su de y'Sinsere!'

Veive brings her arm forward in a wide, sweeping motion.

Viaken recoils in fear of his safety.

You say in common, nearly yelling again, 'Sword-flat met hound face, and this time the blood could not ebb, but only
flow freely from the mutt's face!'

You say in common, triumphantly, 'I turned and quickly threw my blade at the King of Cranezmore, and it stuck into
his shoulder as the door burst open and a dozen magistrates poured in!'

Kalil gasps in astonishment.

Kalil says in common, in a mixed accent, 'HOw will you escape!?'

You say in common, in a boyish voice, '"What are your last words, ye fiend in siri's clothing?!" Their Inquisitor
yelled as a half-dozen spears levelled at me.'

You say in common, in a boyish voice, 'Do you know what I said?'

Kalil shakes his head negatively.

Veive casts an expectant glare at the listeners in the room, ending with Viaken.

Viaken shakes his head negatively at you.

You yell in common, in a boyish voice, 'I SAID!'

You say in common, in a boyish voice, 'Ezabra Kadon!'

A tiny silver medallion with the Academy symbol emits a glow and begins to hum.
You fade into a vortex of energy and are gone.
x