Username: Password:

Author Topic: Scallop Festival III: Fishing Contest  (Read 2589 times)

Araeus

• Quiet as a Mouse
Scallop Festival III: Fishing Contest
« on: May 16, 2013, 08:33:56 PM »
(To celebrate the second event log being nightmarish in length to edit, I'm posting the third.)

The Pier at Salty Harbor
This dock is simply but sturdily built.  Thick posts run into the harbor
depths, and heavy planks run between them, held in place by wooden pegs and a
few long nails.  To the south stands a ramshackle building, balanced on long
stilts and more of the same posts that hold up the dock.  The small town of
Salty Harbor covers the shore to the west, while the pier stretches east into
the small cove.  The scents of salt water and fresh fish fill the breezy air.

[Exits: east south west]
     (Glowing) A string of paper lanterns hangs along the platform here.
(50) A rusty bucket lies here, filled with thick clumps of green sludge.
     A sprawling wooden platform rises up, stringed with rainbow shell garlands.
A rotund human man with a curling moustache is here, standing on the platform.
A taurlok mercenary stands here, arms crossed as he watches the area.

Harzi has arrived from the east.
A small, dove-headed gryphon has arrived from the east.

Asyrious arrives from the west on his mount.
A long-eared donkey has arrived from the west.

Harzi thinks to herself in common 'Creepy... creepy man.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, curling his moustache with one hand, 'Ahem. Due to recent.. disturbances in Salty Harbor, I felt it necessary to employ.. protection.'

Asyrious says in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'Fierce one.'
Harzi blinks.

The sun rises in the east.
The wind kicks up a little over the water as dark clouds roll in from the sea.

With a grandoise motion, a rotund human man with a curling moustache points his cane towards a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns.

Harzi says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common 'Is it more giant scallops??'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Harzi in common, huffing and adjusting his monocle, 'They were hardly giant. More.. largish.'

Harzi huffs as well and crosses her arms.

Harzi says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, nodding, 'As you say then.'

Asyrious whispers in common to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns, in a deep, raspy voice, 'You ever need work out Frelugnya or Seria way, look me up.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Asyrious in common, with a huge grin, 'We in the glass business have our own.. ah, guardians -- temporary employ. Not slave labor at all. Contrary to any accusations otherwise!'

A taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns smirks, flicking his head toward a rotund human man with a curling moustache.

Asyrious says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'Of course not.'

Harzi glances between Asyrious, a rotund human man with a curling moustache and a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns and then decides to pay more attention to a rusty bucket filled with clumps of green sludge instead.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Harzi in common, pointedly, tapping his cane, 'If you pay them any sum at all, it is not slavery.'

Gahr has arrived from the east.

Harzi waves up at Gahr.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, waving offhandedly to the taurlok, 'Well--! This.. fellow.. will merely be here to ensure a less.. traumatic.. event!'

Gahr grins at Harzi.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache whispers in common to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns 'You are going to cause less trouble than you curtail, right?'

Asyrious shakes his head, chuckling as he does.

Harzi sighs defeatedly.

Gidgon has arrived from the west.

Harzi says to Gahr in common 'There is going to be something very, very bad that someone is going to fish up. I just know it.'

Harzi waves at Gidgon.

Gidgon waves at Harzi.

A taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns grunts and cracks his knuckles, giving a wary eye to the gathering.

Gahr says to Harzi in dagahasi, his voice dry sounding, 'So far, knowing my luck in these events, it will be me...'

Harzi suddenly grins toothily at Gahr.

Harzi says to Gahr in common, indicating herself, 'Or me.'

Gahr says to Harzi in dagahasi, his voice dry sounding, 'If something tries to pull you in, I'll try and cut the line.'

Gahr says to Gidgon in common, his voice dry sounding, ''lo, Boss.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns in common, pinching the bridge of his nose, 'I would certainly, ah.. tell these good people where you come from, but it is quite unpronounceable! Not hardly in common, at all.'

Gidgon waves at Gahr.

Gidgon says to Gahr in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'Hello.'

Gidgon yawns and stretches.

Gidgon says in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'Who goes fishing this early?'

Harzi says in common, offering, 'All good fisherpeople fish early in the morning...'

Harzi says to Gidgon in common 'That's when fishes are hungry.'

Asyrious whispers in common to Harzi, in a deep, raspy voice, 'Were we to bring our own bait?'

Alarac has arrived from the east.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Gidgon in common, yawning, 'Yes, I do find it quite droll. Swift to bed and swift to rise, boredom makes an early demise. Or so I've heard.'

Alarac troops in with a sturdy fishing pole of dark wood over a shoulder, beaming.

Asyrious sincerely thanks Harzi.

Gidgon waves at Alarac.

Harzi beams at Alarac and waves excitedly.

Harzi holds a sturdy fishing pole of dark wood in her hand.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, rapping his cane on the platform, '..now! It appears we have all gathered who have survi-- surmised that this is a worthy endeavor! Shall I go over the rules, gents and..'

Gidgon gets a green-roped fishing net strung with jangling charms from a rucksack made from the hide of a tall, hulking ogre.

Harzi tilts her head.

Gahr says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, his voice dry sounding, 'Let's hear them.'

Harzi says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common 'Just Harzi is fine.'

Alarac says in common, nodding quickly, 'Yes! Rules please!'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, after a pause, 'Yes. That shall suffice.'

Gidgon says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'Rules are great!'

Harzi chuts to herself mirthfully.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, waving and gesturing towards the east, 'You shall have a sum of time to fish, and I've brought special bait. There are several scallops to catch.'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, continuing after a cough, 'At the end, when I call time, you shall present the best ten you can find! The types we've discovered are.. hrm..'

Gidgon idly fixes kinks in a green-roped fishing net strung with jangling charms.

Asyrious holds a thin bamboo fishing pole in his hand.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, blank-eyed for a moment, 'Oh! Yes. The indigo scallops are worth one point. The alabaster are worth two. The gold, five -- and the translucent ones are ten.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, with a hand-waving gesture, 'Due to some.. ah.. complications as of late, you may find ones that glow. They are worth double the points, if only to get rid of them.'

Harzi blinks at a rotund human man with a curling moustache.

Alarac says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, lifting a hand, 'Can we keep those ones, mister?'

Gahr says in common, his voice dry sounding, 'Bloody, I forgot my pole.'

Gidgon says to Alarac in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'It's never good to eat glowing things!'

Alarac gets a ragged fishing net from a rucksack made from the hide of a black-feathered griffin.

Alarac says to Gidgon in common 'Not for eating!'

Harzi says to Gahr in common 'I will make a portal to where you need to go, or go get you one if you want..'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Alarac in common, laughing brusquely, 'You can keep whichever you like, once you turn in your ten! Though the bait is mine. Use it during the contest, and I'd like the remainder back.'

Gidgon says to Alarac in common, blinking, 'What would you do with a scallop, if not eat it?'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns in common, smily wanly, 'Or I may have to engage your active services, eh?'

Harzi says to Gidgon in common 'Study it, of course.'

Alarac says to Gidgon in common 'Figure ou- yes! Study it. Why would a scallop glow?'

Harzi nods at a rotund human man with a curling moustache.

Harzi makes to reach for a rusty bucket filled with clumps of green sludge, looking up at a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns and a rotund human man with a curling moustache for approval.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Alarac in common, in a dry tone, 'Merely a fluke, a quirk, a.. curious and assuredly spontaneous act of nature.'

The day has begun.
The smell of salt kicks up into the air as the skies begin to clear.

A rotund human man with a curling moustache inhales deeply, then coughs and makes a face.

The wind kicks up a little over the water as dark clouds roll in from the sea.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, nodding, 'Go on, you lot can grab the buckets now. Take as many as you need; I'll restock during the contest as required.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, loudly, 'Does everybody have a net or a pole -- and bait?'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, evenly, 'Only use the buckets as bait here. There are specially encha--- delicious to scallops.'

Asyrious dismounts from the back of a long-eared donkey.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, beaming brightly, 'Annnnnnndd..... GOOOOOOOOO!!!'

Harzi grins toothily at Alarac.

(The gathering leaves to fish with wild abandon. Various reminders keep them on the time schedule.)

a rotund human man with a curling moustache whispers in common to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns 'If we get rid of all their damned spawn..! I'll tell you later. Some of them might still be lurking about.'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache nods tersely to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns.

(The gathering returns at the end of the alloted time, laden with scallops.)

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns in common, with a crooked grin, 'Absolutely no fatalities! And we're rid of all those godsdamn.. oh!'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, plainly, 'You're all back.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, clapping his hands together, 'Excellent, excellent! If you've a need to sort out which ones you wish to present, now would be a fabulous time.'

Gidgon says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, with a scowl, 'You uh, shouldn't be damning simple marine life, sir...'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Gidgon in common, clasping his hands together, 'Of course, of course! Far be it from me to profane the natural beauty of.. those.. creatures.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, bowing to the crowd, 'I think we've covered this, but I want your best ten. Indigo scallops are worth one point, alabaster two, golden five, and translucent ten. Double points if glowing.'

Gidgon says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'I'm ready! err, just so you know.'

Asyrious says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'Can I go since I see they all beat me?'

Alarac says in common 'Me too!'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Gidgon in common, wiggling his eyebrows, 'Oho!'

Asyrious says in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'Mine are organized kinda..'

Gidgon says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'Uh, want mine handed over?'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Asyrious in common, flashing a grin, 'Ah, let's start you with, large sir. Come, come, let's have your best ten. I'll tally your points thereafter.'

Harzi claps for Asyrious.

Gidgon says to Asyrious in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'Twenty three is better than not showing up!'

Asyrious says in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'I drink alot though! Can we do that?'

Asyrious chuckles politely.

Harzi chortles merrily.

Asyrious says to Gidgon in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'I ate a lot too!'

Gahr says to Asyrious in common, his voice dry sounding, 'Most fisherman already do that.'

Alarac says to Asyrious in common 'Did you eat any translucent ones!?'

Asyrious says in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'I didnt catch any.'

Harzi says to Alarac in common 'Do they count if they are in his belly?'

Alarac says to Harzi in common 'I don't think so! Maybe. Either way, it means they're out of the sea?'

Asyrious says in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'I just ate a few glowing alabasters.'

Asyrious burps loudly.

(Asyrious hands over his best ten scallops.)

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, nodding, 'A glowing alabaster is worth four. He had nine of them, so that's thirty-six. The golden one makes forty-one total.'

Harzi says to Asyrious in common 'If you start glowing too I want to study you.'

Harzi claps for Asyrious again.

Gidgon says in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'Err... right, glowing.'

Asyrious says to Harzi in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'I will trade you a story for a story laters. And sure.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, hopping off the platform, 'I shall.. ah.. I don't even want these! I'll dump them in a pile. Be right back!'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache scrambles back up to the podium.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, beaming, 'Ah.. who is next? Don't be shy! I've hardly bitten anyone!'

Harzi blinks.

Harzi says to Gidgon in common, motioning, 'Your turn!'

Gidgon nods at Harzi.

Gidgon says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'Prepare to catch!'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache shudders.

Gidgon tosses scallops up to a rotund human man with a curling moustache.

(Gidgon hands over his best ten scallops.)

Gahr says in common, his voice dry sounding, 'Oh, flying scallops again.'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache hops up and down, grabbing scallops like mad.

Gidgon says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'I think that's ninety! But I've been known to be wrong.'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache consults a scrap of paper from a side pocket in his coat.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Gidgon in common, peering at the scrap, 'That would be correct, sir!'

Asyrious looks at his fingers.

Asyrious nods his head twice in rapid succession at Gidgon.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Asyrious in common, guffawing, 'If nothing else, there's enough scallops about to feed you for the next three months, sir!'

Harzi shakes her head at Asyrious.

Harzi chuts quietly.

Asyrious says in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'Not close.'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache stares at Asyrious in suprise, catching his monocle as it falls.

Gahr shoots a sly glance at Harzi as he fondles his scallops.

A rotund human man with a curling moustache quickly replaces his monocle.

Harzi nods up at Gahr.

Harzi says to Gahr in common 'Your turn!'

Gahr nods.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, coughing, 'Too many scallops!'

Harzi whispers in common to Alarac 'I don't like how he fondled his shellfish.  Very awkward feeling..'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache runs from the podium.

A rotund human man with a curling moustache scrambles back up to the podium, panting heavily.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, still gasping for breath, 'Now.. now I am ready.'

Harzi blinks in confusion over Gahr's strange patting and then lightly shrugs up at Asyrious.

Gahr approaches the podium and pauses before a rotund human man with a curling moustache. His top lip quivers, revealing the tips of his fangs as he stares at him with dead eyes.

A rotund human man with a curling moustache smiles back at Gahr, shrinking a little bit.

(Gahr hands over his best ten -lightly fondled- scallops.)

A rotund human man with a curling moustache shoots a panicked look at a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns.

Alarac says in common, waving his hands, 'That is so many scallops!'

Gahr takes a short step to the side, away from a rotund human man with a curling moustache and melds back into the crowd.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, in a loud tone, 'Wonderful! Excellent! Stupendous! A hundred points worth! ...ugh, let me get rid of them.'

Harzi ducks back from everyone, mumbling quietly about needing to arrange scallops.

A rotund human man with a curling moustache bolts from the podium, panting again.

A rotund human man with a curling moustache wheezes and pants as he hops back up to the platform.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns in common, red-faced, '...and you martial lot do this sort of thing all the time!? Unbelievable.'

A taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns simply snickers under his breath.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, waving his cane about, 'Who is next?'

Alarac says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, hopping toward the platform, 'Oh! You can have mine!'

(Alarac hands over his best ten scallops.)

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Alarac in common, smiling coldly, 'Ah, yes. More delicious scallops. Simply fantastic. Let's have a look!'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache nods appreciably at the gathered scallops.

Alarac says to Gidgon in common 'I know! Should have brought her some to turn into real gold.'

Gidgon says to Alarac in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'I have some!'

Alarac says to Gidgon in common, beaming, 'She will be so excited! Unless she figures out they're meaty scallops.'

Gidgon says to Alarac in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'They're still golden!'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, peering closely at the scallops, 'Let us see.. eight golds, that's forty. Two golds that glow on top of that, sixty points total, I believe.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, pointedly touching the scallops as little as possible, 'Not bad, not bad. I'll go.. ah.. secure these for.. whoever.'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache braces himself, and then with a start skids off to the west.

Alarac slides back off the platform, going to rejoin the gathering with a happy nod.

Asyrious licks his lips, his eyes following the scallops.

A rotund human man with a curling moustache departs for a moment, then wearily drags himself back up to the platform, stopping for a moment to gasp for breath.

Gahr says to Harzi in common, his voice dry sounding, 'Your turn then?'

Gidgon says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'Have you ever pickled the scallops?'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Gidgon in common, going pale, 'My.. My WORD!'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache barely stifles a gag.

Gidgon says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'I bet they're better pickled.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, pacing around the platform and waving his hands, 'Uh! Uh! Oh, the very thought of it scars the fabric of my mind!'

Harzi trundles up to a rotund human man with a curling moustache with her armful of scallops.

(Harzi hands over her best ten scallops.)

Harzi says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common 'I would like to convey a message from the scallops, as a collective; they are not so very fond of you and pray for a time when the waves are higher than the piers.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Harzi in common, eyebrow raised, 'Is that so, eh? Oh-- they'll get theirs, dearie. They'll get theirs.'

Asyrious rubs his belly.

A rotund human man with a curling moustache tilts his head back in what might be a cackle, but quickly regains his composure and stares at the gathered scallops.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, shaking his head, 'Ninety, the lot of it!'

Harzi beams delightedly.

Gidgon says to Harzi in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'We're tied!'

Alarac says to Harzi in common, excitedly, 'Good job friend Harzi!'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache looks between Harzi and Gidgon.

Alarac says to Gidgon in common, adding, 'And friend Gidgon! Agh!'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, with a faint sigh, 'I suppose a fist fight to decide a tie-breaker would be terribly gauche.'

Harzi tilts her head.

Gidgon says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'That's awful.'

Asyrious gives Harzi a round of applause.

Harzi says to Gidgon in common, offering, 'How about another swordfish fight?'

Gahr says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, his voice dry sounding, 'Not a bad idea..'

Harzi says in common, blinking, 'I don't have a swordfish though..'

Harzi says to Gidgon in common 'Do you?'

Gidgon says to Harzi in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'I don't either!'

Asyrious says in common, sounding hopeful, 'To the death?'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache winks at Asyrious and chuckles softly.

Harzi balls her fists around each scallop and brandishes them up at Gidgon, grinning all the while.

Gidgon says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'I'll uh, concede to being the uh, lesser, if it uh, is acceptable. I uh, won a game already!'

Asyrious snaps his fingers.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, in an officious tone, 'Grand, grand effort for you all! Should scallops rise up and threaten us all -- not that they ever would! -- I feel safe in your presence.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Gahr in common, adding quickly, 'Except for you, but that's beside the point.'

Gahr's face twitches.

A rotund human man with a curling moustache jostles to stand close to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns.

Asyrious looks over to Gahr, then back to you.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, calling out, 'First prize goes to the dagahasi, with one hundred points!'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Gahr in common, in a joyous tone, tapping his cane, 'Do come up to the podium and get your prize, sir!'

Gahr dips his head to those gathered with a sense of accomplishment.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache whispers in common to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns 'Kill that thing if it attacks me.'

Gahr approaches the podium.

Harzi claps for Gahr.

A taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns nods his head twice in rapid succession.

Gahr cocks a glance at a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns, his eyes narrowed to thin slits.

Gidgon joins Harzi in clapping.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, with a slow, sweeping gesture, 'First place! Five hundred gold and the prize!'

(Gahr gets coin and a scallop shell ring with a flawless diamond.)

Gahr says in common, his eyes widening, 'My...'

Asyrious says in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'Purdy.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Gahr in common, nodding, 'Entirely legitimate. I have the papers.. uh.. somewhere! In a desk. Somewhere.'

Gahr says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, accepting his awards, 'I shall spare you then. For now.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, in a dire tone, 'An entirely believable desk.'

Gidgon says to Gahr in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'It looks uh, very regal.'

Gahr drops down from the podium.

Gahr says to Gidgon in common, his voice dry sounding, 'It can go with my dandelion ring.'

Harzi scratches her cheek.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, again calling out, 'Second place.. either the canidae or the visardi! You two figure it out. I'm much too delicate for that kind of diplomacy.'

Gidgon nods at Harzi.

Harzi says to Gahr in common 'If you weren't so tall and had a sword larger than me I'd make a comment about flowers and ..'

Gidgon nudges Harzi towards a sprawling wooden platform with rainbow shell garlands.

Harzi ducks behind a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns and scuttles up to the podium.

Gahr says to Harzi in common, his voice dry sounding, 'Good thinking...'

Harzi says to Gahr in common, quickly quipping, 'I'm known for that on occasion.'

Harzi grins toothily and turns to face a rotund human man with a curling moustache.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, waving his cane and accidentally whapping the taurlok, 'Second place! Three hundred gold and the completely legal prize!'

(Harzi gets coin and the ring.)

Harzi says in common 'Oh!'

Harzi bounces on the balls of her feet.

Harzi says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common 'Thank you!'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Harzi in common, dryly, 'Yes, yes, it's very lovely.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, in a loud tone, 'Third place! The canidae, sir -- over there!'

Harzi hops from the stage with some manner of grace, making room for Gidgon.

Gidgon runs excitedly towards a sprawling wooden platform with rainbow shell garlands, jumping onto it at the last second.

Alarac claps wildly for Gidgon, a grin from ear to ear.

A rotund human man with a curling moustache beams delightedly.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Gidgon in common, nodding twice, 'Good lad, three hundred gold and the ring of which has indisputable legal origin.'

Gidgon says to you in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'It uh, /better/ be legal.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Gidgon in common, still smiling, 'Oh, absolutely. Positively. Certainly more on the "yes" side.'

(Gidgon gets coin and the ring.)

Gidgon says in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'Oh! it's a ring.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, coughing and shaking his cane, 'Now, for the.. might you fellows clear some space?'

Gidgon says in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'Like, not an ordinary ring... I /knew/ it was a ring.'

Gidgon steps down from a sprawling wooden platform with rainbow shell garlands.

(Dalsin shambles in at some point around here.)

Dalsin backs up a little, glancing to a rotund human man with a curling moustache.

Harzi tilts her head and steps back further from a sprawling wooden platform with rainbow shell garlands.

Gahr puts a scallop shell ring with a flawless diamond in a large, nulliak skin backpack.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Dalsin in common, in a polite tone, 'Ahem, I already secured the services of a bodyguard, good sir!'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache goes to pat a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns on the arm, and halts in his tracks.

Dalsin says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a rumbling grunt, 'I am just observing. I am not a bodyguard.'

Dalsin glances over to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Asyrious in common, pointing his cane with a flair, 'You, sir! Don't think we forgot about you! Come on up!'

Asyrious begins to fly.

Asyrious floats upto the podium, smiling, his belly protruding.

a rotund human man with a curling moustache whispers in common to a taurlok mercenary with wickedly curved horns 'Why do they always fly? Why can't I fly? This is simply terrible. I am most distressed.'

Asyrious says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'Too big to forget.'

Asyrious burps loudly.

Asyrious says in common, in a deep, raspy voice, 'Oh, 'scuse me der.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Asyrious in common, nodding swiftly, 'Certainly. Runners up, twenty-five gold and an authentic badge. Good for.. badgery!'

(Asyrious gets coin and a golden scallop badge.)

Harzi chortles merrily.

(Alarac had to bow out near the end of the event.)

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, raising an eyebrow, 'I don't see the little johgo man.. can somebody give him his prize?'

Harzi holds up her hand.

Harzi says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common 'I will.'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, with an elegant bow, 'I thank you all for your time. I've but one more event, which must remain secret at this time.'

A rotund human man with a curling moustache steps off of the platform as he continues.

Harzi says in common 'Oh!'

Gidgon says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, in a voice littered with squeaks, 'Is it a scallop pickling contest?'

Harzi says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common 'Can we have a hint?'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says in common, raising his cane, 'You have brought us great joy with your boldness, your antics, your spirit!'

Asyrious nods at Harzi.

As a rotund human man with a curling moustache speaks, a rumbling sound comes from the eastern waters.

Harzi says to a rotund human man with a curling moustache in common, sagely, 'I told you they didn't like you..'

a rotund human man with a curling moustache says to Harzi in common, grinning hugely, 'Of course not! That would ruin all the fun, you see.'

Gidgon says to Harzi in common, eyeing the waters to the east, 'Lets uh, investigate.'

(The third event draws to a close here. Many hundreds of scallops were harmed in the process.)