Username: Password:

Author Topic: Wolves Die And Some Get Sketched  (Read 3143 times)

Tag

• Blabs a Bit
Wolves Die And Some Get Sketched
« on: May 23, 2013, 06:46:41 PM »
[Alarac and Harzi want to get some anatomical sketches of canines. Rowan is considered, but doesn’t want to be shaved or dissected; the group looks elsewhere.]

Harzi says to Rowan in common, with a broad grin, 'That does mean I get to molest you again though.'

You say to Harzi in common, after a second, 'Actually! I like your idea. If we get some wolves, would you want to draw all of their parts?'

Harzi nods at you.

You say in common 'Then let's bash some wolves first! I can do the dissection if nobody else wants to.'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I can make them into nice juicy pieces of meat.'

You say to Rowan in common 'Preferably not. We need the different systems whole!'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'What do you mean?'

You say to Rowan in common, head tilting, 'Well! If we kill a wolf, I want the heart and connecting tissues all in once piece. So... not hacked up!'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I can get the heart out for you.'

You say to Rowan in common 'Er, let's keep the heart inside at first, maybe.'

Harzi says to Rowan in common, with a motioning to his stomach, 'We also want to know how the innards work, possibly how it fits inside.'

You say to Harzi in common, head tilting, 'Maybe you could draw the silhouette with fur. Just a side view! And then we can remove layers?'

Harzi says in common, ticking off on her claws, 'So, bloodwolf bashing for the moment.  Dissection afterwards.'

[The group comprised of Alarac, Harzi, Rowan and Riann goes to engage some bloodwolves in epic combat. Nobody dies. Rowan gets hungry.]

Riann says in common, in a gentle lilt, 'I came in expecting a long and terrifying fight!'

Alarac walks over to a bloodwolf and carefully grabs either side of the head, behind the ears.

Harzi thinks to you in common 'I am actually sturdy enough to handle a pair of bloodwolves if need be.'

Harzi says to Riann in common 'There will be a very long and dangerous fight if we move to far from this area.'

You grab a bloodwolf's neck and quickly twist it!
A bloodwolf hits the ground ... DEAD.

[The body is moved through a portal to the forest, where it won’t attract face-eating ishoni.]

Harzi pants and then dusts her hands.

You say in common 'Agh! Good. It's not even wet.'

Riann says in common, in a gentle lilt, 'Seriously! Having a dainty girl do all the pulling.'

You say to Riann in common, emphatically, 'You're a -giant-!'

Rowan says in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Where are we dragging it?'

You say to Rowan in common 'Er, here might work.'

You get a silver dagger engraved with arabesques from a rucksack made from the hide of a black-feathered griffin.

Harzi settles down next to the corpse of a bloodwolf and puts the journal in her lap.

You say to Harzi in common, head tilting, 'Do you want to draw the current form? I can work on taking the skin off when you're almost done.'

Harzi nods at you.

You say to Rowan in common, head tilting, 'Are you familiar with organs? The inner functions of a dog, I mean.'

Rowan licks the blood from his fangs with a grin.

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'There is a heart for one, theres a brain, theres muscle and alot of guts I don't know the name off.'

You say to Rowan in common 'Well! Er, nevermind. Are you... good at opening heads? Preferably without blunt force trauma.'

Harzi pulls out several pieces of coal, as well as a lump of chalk and settles down to work.

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I don't use any blunt weapons, too slow.'

You say to Rowan in common 'Of course not! But could you open it cleanly? Without hacking with an axe too much, or something!'

Harzi reaches out with a hand and delicately moves the front legs so they are aligned.  Quickly she does the same for the backlegs and arranges the tail to fan out behind.

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I could try biting it open to break the skull...'

You say to Rowan in common, making a face, 'I don't think that will be necessary! How are you with skinning?'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I'm still starting to learn.'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I don't have as much need for clothes as humans.'

You say to Riann in common, glancing over, 'You're very good, aren't you?'

Riann says to you in common, in a gentle lilt, '... Oh, jeeze. I suppose. I don't have a dagger I can use that isn't poisoned though.'

You say to Riann in common, beaming at her, 'Riann! What a wonderful assistant you are! Would you mind helping me get this thing out of its skin? It looks so warm.'

Rowan says in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I'm about to eat it before it rots...'

Rowan kneels next to the wolf moving it's head and inspecting it's jaw a bit.

Rowan says in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'About two or three years old...'

You say to Rowan in common, inquisitively, 'Is that old for a bloodwolf?'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'That is the beginning of adult hood for normal canines.'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'You can tell because it's teath are all new and clean but they aren't baby teath.'

You say in common, going to kneel by the definitely-not-rotted canine body, 'I wonder if bloodwolves don't live so long. They share a home with ishoni, after all.'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Most wolves only live ten year's max, due to their nature I would say probably only eight.'

Harzi says in common, closing the journal, 'I think we're going to have to get at least six more samples.'

Riann says in common, in a gentle lilt, 'If they live that long, seeing as they're so... well violent..'

Rowan says to Riann in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I'm violent too.'

You say to Harzi in common, looking over, 'Oh! I suppose so. We still need to remove the skin, and see the muscles. And then maybe the interior, and the skeleton too.'

Harzi says to Rowan in common, shaking her head, 'No, you're capable of violence but you don't attack everything you see.'

Rowan says to Harzi in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Almost everything.'

You think to Harzi in common 'I think he's very young, maybe. He isn't sure what being violent entails.'

Harzi just shakes her head after a moment of contemplation, finally pushing herself from the tree.

Harzi says in common 'More wolves, more wolves.'

You say to Harzi in common 'How many more should we get for a good, average representation? Two or three?'

Harzi says to you in common, holding up three claws, 'At least three.  More if possible, but three will do, at least for now.'

Rowan says in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'This feels a bit odd for me to be honest.'

You say to Rowan in common 'Why does it feel odd?'

Harzi says to Rowan in common, tilting her head, 'Yes, why?'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'At times I'm a wolf.'

You say to Rowan in common 'So am I! We're not being bad, it's alright.'

[The group goes to get more bloodwolf bodies. They end up stunning two and keeping the subdued for study, near the entrance to Cranezmore.]

Harzi says in common, with glance up at the human and the canidae, 'Please keep them subdued.  I really, really don't want my arm chewed off.'

You say to Harzi in common 'We can sketch them now and then do the rest when they'red dead, right? As fascinating as a beating chest cavity could be.'

Harzi settles down next to one of the bloodwolves and situates a green leather journal with crisp ivory pages in her lap, again arrange coal and chalks.

Rowan says in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Wonder who or what they were eating... Smells good.'

Alarac hops over and crouches down near a bloodwolf's snout. He manipulates the jowls to get a look at its teeth.

You say to Rowan in common 'Erm, probably Thersaun. '

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'He's too skinny to eat.'

Riann says in common, in a gentle lilt, 'Wow... Everyone really hates that guy.'

You say to Riann in common, placidly, 'He wasn't adept at making friends.'

Harzi says to you in common, pointing a claw, 'Move that muzzle more to the left please.  I can't see it's back teeth.'

Without shifting, you gently pushes at the wolf's snout.

You say to Harzi in common, glancing up, 'Better?'

Harzi nods quickly and scribbles a small note after taking several moments to complete what appears to be an expanded view of the bloodwolf's jaw and teeth.

Harzi nods absently to the soft words while unceramoniously poking the wolf's cheeks, then massaging its ears and its nose.

Harzi says to you in common, looking strangely disgusted, 'It feels spongy...'

Rowan says to Harzi in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'My nose feels the same way.'

You say to Harzi in common 'Yes! I wonder why it gets that way... are most wolves all squishy?'

Harzi says to Rowan in common, with a shake of her head, 'No, not just the nose.  The bone structure for the cheeks and back of the jaw; it's soft.'

Rowan rubs at the wet nose at the end of his snout.

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'No they are not.'

Harzi blinks a couple of times. [I dc’d, but presumably the wolf got up and attacked Rowan.]

Harzi says in common, flailing, 'Now it's all ruined.  It's starting to bruise and and swell up, I can't study this at all!'

Harzi says in common, with a terse chuft, 'Kill them both, we have to get new ones.'

You say to Harzi in common, lamenting, 'Do we need to get another one? As long as we have some... agh!'

[Bloodwolves are killed. Rowan eats innards. It was good. More wolves are gathered; always remember to avoid AFKing during experiments.]

Alarac conjures a couple of vines to bind a bloodwolf's neck and paws.

You say to Harzi in common, head tilting, 'Did you get a few sketches of the exterior form?'

Harzi nods.

You say in common 'Now we get rid of the skin! I'm interested in how the muscles work. It's fortunate we don't have much fat to work around.'

Harzi says to Rowan in common 'Since you're self-proclaimed violent and angry, from where do you draw the will to keep fighting?  Is your heart, your brain?  Your tail?'

Alarac kneels by a bloodwolf, nose scrunching as he evaluates the thing for a moment.

You say to Harzi in common, asking a bit blankly, 'Is it mean to open it up now? It's a violent creature, I think. I don't know.'

Rowan says to Harzi in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Your heart keeps you fighting, your brain lets you think how to kill and your tail gives you the balance to do so.'

You think in common 'We'd get a better idea of how the heart works if it's still pumping a little, right?'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I will kill it if you do not.'

You say to Rowan in common, glancing over at him, 'Why would you do that? I'm not positive we need to.'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'To skin it?'

You say to Rowan in common 'But we could theoretically do that without killing it first. Right? Would the heart keep going?'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'That would be torture beyond compare...'

Harzi thinks to you in common 'Yes, yes we would.  Though from the appearance of it the heart isn't much different from any other canine.'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I do not condone torture.'

Riann says in common, in a gentle lilt, 'Maybe killing it would be a mercy after what we're doing here..'

Harzi says to Rowan in common, retorting with a soft growl, 'This is the Ishon's spawn.  Don't expect me to have a thought towards if it's being tortured or not.  It already is, if it had any thoughts of its own beyond "kill, kill, destroy".'

Alarac's brow furrows, and he simply nods at Rowan and Riann.

You say in common 'I suppose we'll figure it out anyways. Besides, it'll be less messy if things aren't gushing all over, right?'

Harzi says in common, slapping her book to the ground, 'Do you two have no idea what this creature is..?'

Harzi says to Riann in common 'Do you think it cares beyond it wanting to rend you for the sheer joy of it?  It doesn't hunt because it wants to eat, not like other wolves.'

Harzi harrumphs and snatches her journal back up, flipping through pages with irate motions.

Riann says in common, in a gentle lilt, 'Hmm.... Maybe...'

Rowan says in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'It is still a living thing.'

You say in common, deciding, 'We're doing the Lord's work here, aren't we? We're not trying to torture anything. An uncomfortable product of discovery.'

Tag

• Blabs a Bit
Re: Wolves Die And Some Get Sketched
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2013, 06:47:11 PM »
You say to Rowan in common, head tilting, 'So are orcs, Rowan. You're not fond of them, are you?'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I grant them a quick death all the same.'

Harzi says to Rowan in common, snapping, 'It's an evil twisted excuse for a living thing that doesn't even have the Lady Sannhet's grace or favor.'

Rowan says to Harzi in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'If I impale it, it will pull out all the guts for you to examine and shift through.'’

You say to Rowan in common 'We could kill it and look through normally if that was the goal. We have an opportunity to open it up and watch the blood work through, now.'

You say to Harzi in common 'Could you put it into a stasis? Try and keep the body from convulsing when it's opened?'

Harzi draws with pointed motions several versions of the bloodwolf's body, starting with the creature's legs.

Harzi looks up from the journal and gives as small nod.

Rowan says in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Do what you will but I will not help or watch.'

Rowan turns his back on the scene as he looks elsewhere.

Rowan ignites some tinder and and starts a blazing campfire.

Harzi concentrates on her projection.
A soft amber glow surrounds a bloodwolf as he slips into stasis.

Rowan says in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'If you want it to live you will have to burn the bleeding spots.'

You think to Harzi in common 'Just let me know when you're finished with the initial sketches.'

Alarac makes a face and double-checkes the edge on a silver dagger engraved with arabesques.

Harzi concentrates on several points of her sketch, smudging and redrawing the forelegs.  With a nod

Harzi motions for you and then gestures.

Harzi says in common 'Whenever you'd like to begin I'm ready.'

You pray to Chirondin in common: 'I don't like the blood. I've never told anybody that, but it's very unsettling. I hope it doesn't offend You, this "torture". It's all for the sake of documenting the canine's parts.'

You say to Harzi in common, head tilting, 'Where do you think we should start? Opening the abdomen, from the side here?'

Harzi scoots herself closer to the subdued creature.

Rowan lowers his ears with a frown before making a quick prayer to Sannhet.

Harzi says to you in common, tilting her head just so, 'I think the best way is to carefully flay the chest's skin and look through the muscles there at the heart directly.'

Riann reaches over, to pat Rowan on the shoulder.

Alarac drops to a kneel before a bloodwolf, turned to the side for Harzi.

Harzi says to you in common 'If you are extremely careful and don't nick any bone, we can use the staff to heal the thing to appease our unhappy canidae there.'

Without fanfare, you slides a silver dagger engraved with arabesques into a bloodwolf. He carefully saws, hands deft enough in their task, and traces a wide 'U' from shoulder to hindquarter.

You say to Harzi in common, murmuring as he carefully reaches to peel up and cut connective tissue, 'We can certainly try, can't we? Er, here are the muscles on the side. Can you see?'

Gahr has arrived from the south.
A sleek black bear cub has arrived from the south.

Harzi leans far to the side, nearly tumbling over as she peeks and then hurriedly sketches but then angrily growls. 

Harzi says in common, wholly displeased, 'It keeps moving!'

Gahr peers around at those gathered.

Alarac is here, kneeing before the flay'd bloodwolf, a dagger in-hand.

Harzi is here, kneed next to the bloodwolf and drawing on a sketch details where it's been flayed.

Gahr says in common, his voice dry sounding, 'What are all of you doing?'

Harzi hurriedly finishes detailing out the bloodwolf's ribcage structure.

You say to Gahr in common, glancing over his shoulder, 'We're figuring out what's inside of one of these.'

Harzi says to Gahr in common, replying without looking up from her drawings, 'It's been an arduous process, certainly.'

Gahr says to you in common, his voice dry sounding, 'Intriguing...'

Harzi motions for your attention and then indicates a long length of muscle with her claw.

Harzi says to you in common, nodding just a little, 'If you just cut that one the rest will relax and we
can peek inside.'

You say to Harzi in common, looking from she to the wolf, bloodied up to elbow, 'Er, cut that? Do we need to get in there? Yes!'

Alarac can't help but scrunch up his nose, using the blade to careful sever the taut and twitching segment of muscle on a bloodwolf.

You say to Gahr in common, tentatively asking, 'You're not so good with skinning, are you? You can't eat this.'

Rowan keeps his ears alert to the sound of the bloodwolf's heart beat incase it starts to drop again.

Gahr says to you in common, his voice dry sounding, 'I am a proficient skinner... and I don't want to eat it.'

Harzi watches, looking both surprised and quite smug, as the muscles of the ribcage now go lax.  Heedless now of the blood that's pooling around her, she leans in to peek in to the beasts chest cavity.

You say to Gahr in common, imploring with a sigh, 'You're not interested in helping, are you? I have... a hundred silver. Are you good at stopping bleeding?'

Gahr says to you in common, his voice dry sounding, 'All you need is pressure, right?'

Rowan says in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I am good at stopping it.'

You say to Gahr in common, cluelessly, 'Maybe! We don't want to keep it in too good of shape. We just want it to not die.'

Gahr gets a cape of rainbow-colored parrot feathers from a rucksack made from the hide of a frost giant guard.

Rowan gathers some herbs and mixes them with a mortar before wiping his fingers in the paste and wiping it on the bleeding spots.

Rowan says in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I can also do this...'

You say to Rowan in common, dipping his head appreciatively, 'Just move if Harzi needs to get another good look.'

Rowan gets a jagged, pitted dagger from a simple cloth backpack.

You say to Rowan in common, eye closing slightly, 'Erm, maybe... don't do anything with that. What're you using that for?'

Rowan holds the dagger over the fire till it is glowing red and presses it quickly to where the blood is flowing till the skin burns around it and stops the bleeding.

Gahr offers a cape of rainbow-colored parrot feathers to Rowan.

Rowan says to Gahr in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'What's that?'

Gahr says to Rowan in common, his voice dry sounding, 'For pressure..aye?'

Rowan says to Gahr in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Not needed, you burn wounds the right way and it stops bleeding.'

Harzi whaps at Rowan with a bit of a flailing motion, looking wholly preturbed and she's deeply scowling.

Harzi says to Rowan in common 'Now look what you've done!  I was ALMOST done!  Now this one is also useless!'

You say to Harzi in common, eye twitching, 'You are... erm, what? Are you sure?'

Rowan says to Harzi in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'It is not useless.'

Harzi says to Rowan in common 'I can't see anything now due to the charring!'

[Wolf tries to eat Gahr.]

Gahr says to a bloodwolf in common, pointing at the canidae, 'That's what burned you..'

Rowan says to Harzi in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'All I did was stop the arteries from bleading, that was all.'

Gahr says in common, his voice dry sounding, 'While I'm thoroughly enjoying this examination, I must run off.'

Gahr says in common, his voice dry sounding, 'Or soar off...into the the night sky...'

Rowan says to Harzi in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Continue your work, you said you can imagine, so imagine.'

Harzi says to Rowan in common, with obvious agitation, 'If you had bothered to be watching you'd see that the creature has remarkable healing capabilities that you aided and it was healing despite the wound and now it's burnt and I can't sketch!'

Alarac glances at Gahr and gives a quick series of nods.

Gahr leaves south.
A sleek black bear cub leaves south.

Alarac ungracefully jabs a silver dagger engraved with arabesques into the corpse of a bloodwolf and gets up.

[Alarac leaves to get the fifth or so bloodwolf…]

From the east, Harzi yells in common 'No more!  You need to see what I drew first please!'

Harzi gives you a single sheet of paper.

Areas of Interest:
1.   Bloodwolf Anatomy

Note: this wolf would be an adult, according to teeth structure and
cleanliness. Living bloodwolf sample.  Canines are sharp, back teeth
inordinately sharp.  No flat surfaces to the teeth, indicating that it
doesn't devour plants for sustenance.

Paralyzed subjects of study, both resisted despite the poison.  Also to note
they resisted the poison as well.

Another subject procured as the previous two had to be put down.

A new subject procured, muscles flayed around the chest and we can see the
heart beating!  The heart is beating!  The blood is rushing through and
around the wounds caused, the healing is remarkable.

A extremely detailed sketch of a bulbous heart about the size of a human
adult fist nestled within the ribcage, with shading off to the side, a small
note indicating the nondescript shading being 'lungs'.

You say to Harzi in common, eyes widening, 'This is... amazing! Harzi! You are so talented - this will be perfect!'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'May I see?'

You say to Rowan in common 'Er, don't get blood on it!'

Rowan licks his claws clean.

You say to Harzi in common, glancing at the bones littering the ground, 'Do you think we could do with a skeletal visual? Maybe just the skull dimensions, height of shoulders, maybe length relative to that.'

Harzi says to you in common, with a small scuff of her sandal, 'I'm sorry about all of the notes.  I couldn't capture much in a sketch of the first two because all of the moving but did I at least get the detail you wanted?'

You say to Harzi in common 'Yes! That's fantastic. I would like to eventually record all of the digestive pieces and maybe figure out where all those arteries go.'

Harzi says to you in common, tilting her head, 'I can redraw the upper sketches of the wolf's head and body, I can focus on the skull if you want...'

Harzi kneels and scoops up a handful of dirt and rubs it into her hands and arms.

You give a single sheet of paper to Harzi.

Harzi says to you in common, shaking her head, 'It's meant for you, you wanted it for study yes?'

You say to Harzi in common 'Oh, yes! Er, you wouldn't draw the skull, would you? Minus all of the skin and stuff. I'd just like to know what it looks like when I go to compare to birds and sen-... er, other things.'

Harzi chuts in amusement, nodding at you with a small grin.

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'You  could use a plague hound skull, they are partially rotted already.'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'You can see the skull easily.'

You say to Rowan in common, making a thoughtful sound before deciding, 'We ought to be consistent. A plague hound's skull might be different in proportion to the rest of them.'

Harzi says to you in common 'I am going to go get cleaned up and find some more chalks.'

You say to Harzi in common 'Alright! I'll er, try and figure out how this skeleton goes together.'

Riann says to you in common, in a gentle lilt, 'I'm curious, though... Did any of this help you towards your potion?'

Alarac goes about fiddling with the butchered thing.

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'What potion?'

You say to Riann in common, glancing up, 'Probably not! That didn't even occur to me.'

[Harzi exits, returns shortly afterward.]

You say to Rowan in common, explaining, 'I was going to formulate some sort of concoction from a bloodwolf. To grant the consumer immense rage and ferocity.'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Doesn't that already exist?'

You say to Rowan in common 'Yes! It's not so much an exercise of invention as discovery.'

Alarac shakes a crystal tincture of distilled bloodwolf essence, lifting it up.

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Want me to drink it?'

You say to Rowan in common 'Nope!'

Rowan nods.

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Am I being paid for my help here today?'

Alarac gets up, satisfied with the alignment of the bones, many of them still connected by stringy
muscle fiber.

You say to Rowan in common 'Er, would you settle for a job well done?'

Rowan says to you in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'I suppose I'll have to since I didn't state a price at the beginning.'

You say to Rowan in common 'That's very good business, I think. You're welcome to help for free whenever you want!'

You say to Rowan in common 'That's very good business, I think. You're welcome to help for free whenever you want!'’

Harzi says to you in common 'We can pay him what we pay the other Geodes... he sort of was a stand-in Geode for this.'

Harzi thinks to you in common 'I always pay Kedi and Igrem with ale.'

You say to Harzi in common, nodding quickly, 'That's true! It's only fair.'

Rowan says in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'Whats a Geode?'

You think to Harzi in common 'Right! I'm out of gold. We'll have to stop by and talk to Simms.'

You say to Rowan in common 'The very toughest people you can imagine, of course!'

Harzi says to Rowan in common, with a small tilt of her head, 'A rock that protects precious gems of various hues and preciousness.'

Harzi slants an amused grin at you before turning her eyes down to the paper and the coal in her hands.

Rowan nods slowly.

You say to Harzi in common 'I'm going to faint for a little while. I've been waiting to since the wolf
started bleeding everywhere!'

Harzi says to you in common, blinking, 'The blood made you seasick?'

Harzi scoots a huge scallop half shell lined with purple velvet towards you and motions to it's interior.

You say to Harzi in common, after a second, 'Yes, I think it did. Thank you!'

Alarac crawls into a huge scallop half shell lined with purple velvet, plopping into a curled position with his fluffy tail swishing.

[Alarac sleeps for a while. Wakes up with Harzi having finished the drawings.]

Harzi rubs at her eyes, leaving a small trailing of yellowish chalk across her face as she tilts her head to study you.

Note: this wolf would be an adult, according to teeth structure and
cleanliness. Living bloodwolf sample.  Canines are sharp, back teeth
inordinately sharp.  No flat surfaces to the teeth, indicating that it
doesn't devour plants for sustenance.

Paralyzed subjects of study, both resisted despite the poison.  Also to note
they resisted the poison as well.

Another subject procured as the previous two had to be put down.

A new subjet procured, muscles flayed around the chest and we can see the
heart beating!  The heart is beating!  The blood is rushing through and
around the wounds caused, the healing is remarkable.

A extremely detailed sketch of a bulbous heart about the size of a human
adult fist nestled within the ribcage, with shading off to the side, a small
note indicating the nondescript shading being 'lungs'.

Three sketches have been made of a bloodwolf's skull, sans skin and muscles.
One of the skulls has been draw in a top-down view, with shading to indicate
deep and wide eyesockets.  A superficial sketching of the bloodwolf eye has
also been drawn and notations for scale refence are beneath it.

You say to Harzi in common, declaring, 'It's perfect! Exactly what I wanted! I'll have to try and make copies. An entire index of the fauna on Alandis would be astounding.'

You say in common 'Ambitious, maybe, but I can dream maybe.'

Harzi says in common, remarking simply, 'I'm going to need a lot more chalks...'