Username: Password:

Author Topic: Fish Fight  (Read 2263 times)

Tag

  • Blabs a Bit
  • **
  • Posts: 85
  • Karma: +29
Fish Fight
« on: January 18, 2014, 04:57:50 PM »
You enter a shimmering gate, heading somewhere distinctly else.

A Trail Through Mt. Booars
The packed dirt trail slopes almost vertically down here, and curves off to
the east along the side of the rocky mountain.  Small tendrils of clouds cling
around some of the rocks, and to the east becomes much denser, almost
enveloping the trail whole.  A few patches of white snow can be seen not to
far up on the mountain from here, and a few small patches of ice cling to some
of the rocks and boulders.  Small clusters of yellow grass can be seen growing
near the edge of the trail, most of their coloring turning a sickly brown in
color.  The cold wind whips across the rocks of the mountain quickly. 


[Exits: east down]
A tall, hulking ogre with ghastly fangs and gnarled muscles lurks here.
A tall, hulking ogre with ghastly fangs and gnarled muscles lurks here.
A tall, hulking ogre with ghastly fangs and gnarled muscles lurks here.
A tall, hulking ogre with ghastly fangs and gnarled muscles lurks here.
A mountain goat flares his nostrils as he grazes on dried grass.
A mountain goat flares his nostrils as he grazes on dried grass.
A large mountain ram stands upon a boulder watching below.



A HUGE wave crashes out of a portal, inundating the trail briefly.

Someone's destructive tidal wave wounds you!
Someone's destructive tidal wave injures a tall, hulking ogre!
Someone's destructive tidal wave wounds a tall, hulking ogre!
Someone's destructive tidal wave wounds a tall, hulking ogre!
Someone's destructive tidal wave wounds a tall, hulking ogre!
Someone's destructive tidal wave <<< obliterates >>> a mountain goat!
A mountain goat is stunned but will probably recover.
Someone's destructive tidal wave <<< obliterates >>> a mountain goat!
A mountain goat is stunned but will probably recover.
Someone's merciless tidal wave <<< obliterates >>> a large mountain ram!
A large mountain ram is stunned but will probably recover.

Alarac yelps and is swept along, tumbling briefly with the goats and less sure-footed ogres.

The water streams rapidly off of the trail as the ogres grumble, pushing themselves to surer footing as they cast glares toward you.

Another, smaller wave spills out onto the trail, and with it, a few splashing fish.

Dripping wet, you hops to his feet and surveys the area. He scurries back from the ogres a few steps....

Someone has thrown a dying barracuda at you!
Someone's feeble pierce grazes you.

A tall, hulking ogre picks up a gray-green cod.

You peer intently up.
You shout in common 'That is a very unique way of hitting me with fish!'

A tall, hulking ogre sniffs a gray-green cod and brandishes it threateningly toward you.  It flops back and forth, struggling feebly.

A tall, hulking ogre picks up a dying barracuda.

You say to a tall, hulking ogre in common, eye twitching abruptly as he lifts his free hand, 'Wait! It is a gift! I have brought you fish from the -heavens-!'

Alarac flashes a tall, hulking ogre a wide, blatantly fake smile.

The other ogre sniffs the barracuda before making a face.

A tall, hulking ogre lobs a gray-green cod at you.

And then your smile falters, just before catching the fish and getting knocked onto his rump with an 'oomph'.

A tall, hulking ogre points at you with a dying barracuda and laughs uproariously.  The other ogres hesitate and then chime in.

You think in common 'Maybe it's some kind of ogre symbolism to be holding a dead fish. How peculiar. What do you feed an ogre to not get clubbed to death?'

You say to a tall, hulking ogre in common 'I wouldn't be laughing if I were you! These are delicious. You just need to give it a try!'

A tall, hulking ogre says to a tall, hulking ogre in common 'Throw more fish at johgo!  Very funny!  Haha!'

A tall, hulking ogre lobs a dying barracuda at you too.

Alarac emits another yelp and tries to dodge the flying fish, but ends up just catching it. His arms are full of flopping fish.

The fish flop and flop and flop in your small arms.  The crowd of ogres laugh loudly, slapping their knees.

You think in common 'I hate bullies. They think they are so funny, throwing fish at me...'

Alarac tosses one of the wiggly things aside and stands up, producing a dripping honeycomb from his pocket with obvious intent.

You say to a tall, hulking ogre in common, lifting his voice to shout, 'Stop throwing fish at me and I will give you a delicious snack! One that is not me. Have you ever had honey? Even -bears- like honey, and you are much smarter than a bear.'

The nearest ogre stops laughing just enough to eye the honeycomb in your hand before making a lunge for it with a big, blocky fist.

You fade out of sight beneath a veil of shadows.

Alarac conveniently vanishes from a tall, hulking ogre's sight, only to skitter around and pop up a small ways down the trail.

A tall, hulking ogre's fist closes on nothing.  He looks very confused for a while as he opens his hand and nothing is in it.  Finally he looks all around and notices you down the trail.

You say to a tall, hulking ogre in common 'Stop! You can have it, but you must trade!'

A tall, hulking ogre says in common, gruffly as he straightens, preparing to tromp down the path, 'Magic johgo!  Giving treats now.  Treats.  TREATS!'

Alarac's fist closes around the honeycomb for a moment, and he mumbles something out of earshot. When he opens it up, the gooey thing has coated his entire palm.

You utter the words, 'poison'.
A honeycomb dripping with gooey honey is infused with poisonous vapors.

A tall, hulking ogre stops just before you and looms down at him before making another grab at the sticky honeycomb.

Alarac doesn't take convincing. He lifts the bit of honey and quickly snaps his hand away to keep it from getting locked in a tall, hulking ogre's.

Just before his hand can bring the honeycomb to his mouth, another ogre stomps up and tries to grab the honeycomb.  The two wrestle for a while.

A tall, hulking ogre yells in common 'MINE!'

The new ogre swings at the first ogre's head with one fist while making a grab for the honeycomb with the other.

Dirty boots pattering against the wet trail, you hops away from the two brutes. His eyes twinkle with one part mirth and one part fear.

The two wrestle and wrestle, grabbing at each other's face and hands as they near the edge of the mountain.  By now the honeycomb is smashed all over both combatants.

You think to yourself in common 'If one eats it and dies, will they all club me? Oh dear...'

A tall, hulking ogre yells in common 'Aaaaaagh, MINE!'

A tall, hulking ogre yells in common 'NO, MINE!'

The other observing ogres look between the two fighting ogres with a cow-like expression.

Finally, the first ogre's foot slips as he is pushed to the edge of the path.  His hands go up in surprise as he begins to fall backwards.

Alarac fumbles around for something, but ends up just watching with the same torpid expression as the ogre starts tumbling, hands frozen in his pocket.

You think in common 'A portal, maybe, could help - but why? They are so mean!'

With a long, rumbling scream that grows higher and higher in pitch, the ogre falls backwards off the mountain until he is finally silenced with a loud THUMP.

The remaining ogre peers over the side of the mountain, his brow furrowed as if thinking deeply.

Alarac winces just as the final sound comes from over the edge. He slowly turns to look up at the victor.

You say to a tall, hulking ogre in common, with forced cheer, 'So that means you win! Congratulations. I was rooting for you the whole time.'

You think in common 'Rooting for him. That will save me if they get hostile.'

A tall, hulking ogre yells in common 'TREATS!  WET JOHGO GIVE TREATS NOW!'

The remaining ogre, now licking her sticky fingers, heads toward you with other hand extended.

Alarac thinks for a moment, feet glued to the path, as he surveys the outstretched hand with distain.

Before she arrives though, her stomach makes a loud GROWL and her expression twists.

You say to a tall, hulking ogre in common, innocently glancing down at her belly, 'Oh, dear. You must be very hungry!'

A tall, hulking ogre says in common, more feebly now, 'Treats!  Give treats now!'

You get a pint-sized crystal bottle from a rucksack made from the hide of a gray shark.
You open a pint-sized crystal bottle.
It's more than half-filled with amber Barbegazi Heritage Cognac.

The ogre slumps to her knees and crosses her arms over her stomach.  A faint moan comes from her mouth before she falls to her side, whining loudly.

The other ogre casts one look at the curled ogre on the ground and hurriedly backs away.

You say to a tall, hulking ogre in common, giving the bottle a swishy shake, 'You are looking very rough. You must have caught a nasty disease somewhere! Luckily for you, I am a well-known healer.'

A tall, hulking ogre says in common 'Aaaaagh, aaaaagh!  Bad treat!'

A tall, hulking ogre says to you in common, grabbing for the bottle as she lies there, 'Give heal! Heal for bad treat!'

You say to a tall, hulking ogre in common, skittering out of arm's reach, 'Ah! We have a deal if you will promise to leave me alone afterward and escort me down this awful mountain! I do not need to  be getting harassed by all the other brutes up here.'

A tall, hulking ogre says to you in common, grabbing uselessly toward the bottle, 'Give heal!  All promises, no fish, no ask bad treat!'

You think in common 'A portal is the swiftest way out, but what if she lives? I would be haunted by the ogres whenever I come back.'

Satisfied, you hold the bottle out to the ogre.

You give a pint-sized crystal bottle to a tall, hulking ogre.

A tall, hulking ogre chugs a pint-sized crystal bottle hurriedly.

A tall, hulking ogre drinks Barbegazi Heritage Cognac from a pint-sized crystal bottle. (x5)

a pint-sized crystal bottle slips from a tall, hulking ogre's hand.

And with a tall, hulking ogre drinking like a fish, you mumbles a short incantation, focused on her abdomen.

A tall, hulking ogre drunkenly mumbles some unrecognizable words.

You utter the words, 'panacea'.

A tall, hulking ogre's head falls forward and hits the ground.  Within seconds, she is snoring loudly.

You say to a tall, hulking ogre in common, with slumping shoulders, 'You drank all of it---'

Alarac's eye twitches and he takes a deep breath. A quick look about the trail and he gives the ogre a stern nudge with the blunt end of a satago spear tipped with an ivory dragon fang.

A tall, hulking ogre doesn't respond at all to the nudge.

You think to yourself in common 'With any luck, it will drown in the next mysterious flood. With no memory of me or my treats.'

A tall, hulking ogre heaves and pukes all over the ground.

Alarac scoops up the bottle and, lest he get his boots even more filthy, floats on past the putrid ogre vomit.

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, you begin to fly.
You get a pint-sized crystal bottle.

A tall, hulking ogre snores loudly.

You think to yourself in common 'That still leaves one question unresolved. Where did the flood come from in the first place?'

You think in common 'Oh... wait. Of course it came from -my- portal.'

Alarac smacks his forehead with the flat of his palm and then vanishes.