Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sickness in Seria  (Read 2635 times)

Lotus

  • Quiet as a Mouse
  • *
  • Posts: 34
  • Karma: +2
Sickness in Seria
« on: March 29, 2014, 11:53:37 PM »

You say to an auburn-haired human woman in common, speaking with her head still downcast, 'There are quite a number that have fallen truly ill, it has reached a point where I fear recovery will become a more remote possibility.'

Kraglain has arrived from the south.
A fair-skinned human man with a head of red curls has arrived from the south.

An aged, bow-legged male human has arrived from the north.

An aged, bow-legged male human leaves south.

Kraglain says to you in common, coming up short of the woman, speaking slowly, 'Hello, miss Claire.'

A fair-skinned human man with a head of red curls looks at an auburn-haired human woman.

A fair-skinned human man with a head of red curls looks at himself.

You say to Kraglain in common, gravely, while kneeling, 'Greetings Kraglain, I wish it were under better circumstances.'

Kraglain says to you in common, without a hint of mirth, 'I didn't see any pyres stoked. It can't be hopeless.'

You say in common, gesturing to an auburn-haired human woman, 'I was just discussing with the Priestess here what the next course of action should be.'

Kraglain says to you in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'And what've we come up with? What have you seen so far?'

A fair-skinned human man with a head of red curls keeps his axe at his side, but curls his fingers in a tentative wave. He says nothing yet, but a blink finds his eyes, and his head tilts curiously.

You say to a fair-skinned human man with a head of red curls in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I do not know which way you had came with Kraglain here, but there are some areas where the peril is clearly evident.'

You say to Kraglain in common, sheathing her sword in a single, fluent motion, 'I have came from both the Orphanage and the Slums, both had held the sick previously, but their conditions have deteriorated considerably from my last visit.'

You say in common, nodding once to an auburn-haired human woman, 'We had been discussing the need to take immediate action and several resources that may proove to be invaluable in the effort.'

Kraglain says to you in common, motioning at the two women with his shielded arm, 'Such as what? From the sound of things when you were describing the eastern shore, conventional magic didn't do much for the sick.'

You say to a fair-skinned human man with a head of red curls in common, with a look of pleading, 'I know we have not yet met, but I would pray that you are here to lend aid in this situation, for we are in dire need of the assistance.'

A fair-skinned human man with a head of red curls says to you in common, catching his bottom lip between his teeth, 'Peril of the dangerous nature? I have been out of the city for quite some time. I will aid how I am able.'

Claire inclines at her waist quickly, matching the motion with her head before pulling a tightly closed fist to rest against her breastplate.

You motion towards yourself.
You say in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I am Claire Alorian, Paladin of the Crusade.'

A fair-skinned human man with a head of red curls tries to square his shoulders and stand taller, then ends up losing his luster and shifting uncomfortably.

A fair-skinned human man with a head of red curls motions toward himself.

A fair-skinned human man with a head of red curls says in common 'I am known as Lyum Lanneer.'


You say to Lyum in common, nodding firmly, 'Your efforts will be most appreciated Lyum. I have seen something similar to this illness once before near the Eastern Shores of Alandis, however...as Kraglain had mentioned, conventional magic was of no assistance there.'


The Center of the Serian Temple
Warm light shines from white candles nestled in brae sconces along the walls
here, where the hall widens into a chamber.  Hanging tapestries of blue and
gray fish provide a contrast to the pale yellow stucco of the walls and
ceiling.  A square area rug patterned with watery ripples covers the center of
the white and gray stone floor.  The sounds of trickling water and the faint
smell of lavender provide a natural ambience to the chamber.  An archway
nestled between two white pillars leads south to temple entrance, while the
hall continues to the north toward a staircase.

Lyum is here.

Kraglain is here.

An auburn-haired woman sits on one of the mats, weaving bandages on a lap loom.

Kraglain says in common, eyes closing and giving his weapon a thump against the ground, 'If it responded to the usual magic, Varlo and I could have it eradicated in a week.'

Lyum says to you in common 'I am not very skilled in magic. It makes very little sense that it would work for anything. Now a leaf...A leaf has power!'

A middle-aged man in gleaming armor has arrived from the north.

After slipping off to a far reach of the room an auburn-haired human woman returns with several small containers which she fills with water. In turn she offers one to you along with a compact, pill filled with a fine powder, repeating the gesture to

Lyum first.

Claire smiles and nods to an auburn-haired human woman swallowing the pill with a quick shot of the water, placing the empty drinking container on the mat on the floor.

You say to an auburn-haired human woman in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Many thanks.'

Kraglain says to you in common, watching her down the pill, 'What is that supposed to do, pray tell.'

You say in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'She offers a mix of several dried fruits, she believes it will help bolster our immune system as we enter the afflicted portions of the city.'

Lyum eyes the pill curiously, and after a moment of squinting at it, he takes it, pops it into his mouth, and swallows with the aid of a drink of water.

You say to Kraglain in common, with a quick shrug, 'Whether it will proove helpful, we are unsure. She has suggested we gather a list of several herbs and plants. As well as berries and citrus fruits first.'

When an auburn-haired human woman reaches him with a drink of water and a small pill, Kraglain follows suit and takes it with a faint scowl.

Kraglain says to you in common, swallowing hard and handing the glass back to the auburn-haired woman, 'If I know one thing well, it's how to pike a dagahasi. But herbs and plants are a close second. Do we have a specific list, or should we collect a variety of cures?'

You say in common, touching a finger with her opposing hand as she reaches each point, 'It was also suggested that we seek out furs to be used as blankets, to keep warm and assist in sweating out the fever, canteens filled with water are more valuable then gold.'

The candles flicker, sending shifting shadows around the room.

You say to Kraglain in common, pausing, placing her hand at the back of her neck, 'There were several she had mentioned that are favorites of Lady Kamrin, the others I am not very familiar with, but they are all sure to be an experiment.'

You say to Lyum in common, arching a brow curiously, 'If Kraglain will be a good source for the herbs and plants, how are you at removing the furs from animals that wear such. I am not a steady hand when it comes to that feat, only wielding a sword.'

Lyum says in common 'I am afraid i know very little about piking, skins, or herbs! I really should learn all of these things!'

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'This will be a good place to learn, undoubtedly.'

Kraglain says to you in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'Perhaps that false king knows how to pull pelts.'

Claire nods agreeably to Lyum with a soft smile. you approaches Kraglain and lays a gauntleted hand atop his shoulder with another quick nod.

You say to Kraglain in common, making her best effort to maintain her smile, 'I believe that to be a great idea, I imagine he could literally pull the skin from a beast cleanly with his hands.'

Kraglain briefly scratches out a note after pulling off a crystal amulet emblazoned with a winged gauntlet and tucking it under an arm.

Lyum says to you in common 'I'm afraid i don't know the proper way to act to a false king.'

You say to Lyum in common, her smile appearing to be held more easily, 'Do not make any extra effort, I would treat him just as you would anyone else you would take up an axe and enter battle alongside.'

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, aside, gruffly, 'It's a lot like how you treat anybody else, aye.'

Lyum says to you in common 'Splendid! Very little! I don't know him, after all.'

You say to Lyum in common, her expression falling more serious, 'We will be kept very busy and trying to help these people should require the entirety of our focus.'

You say in common, circling her opposing wrist with her thumb and forefinger, 'Water will be our biggest ally, as well, the Priestess had mentioned alcohol may find itself to lend a hand.'

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, a smidge blandly, 'Are you familiar with the city's alcohol supplies, per chance?'

You say in common, shrugging heavily with a look of confusion crossing her features, 'Perhaps to dull the pain, I am unsure as to the why but at any rate it maybe useful.'

Lyum says to Kraglain in common 'I don't often drink! The dark halls has some?'

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, expression transitioning into something surprised, 'Is that so? Yes, I believe the Dark Halls does have some. If you would go fetch some, I will acquire ingredients from the Darkwater. That atrocious place.'

You say to Lyum in common, thoughtfully, 'I myself do not often drink, so I can relate but that will be for another time.'

You say in common, furrowing her brow, 'I can try to hack off a solid piece of fur or two in order to create blankets, but I will focus on obtaining water. Lots and lots of water.'

The candles flicker, sending shifting shadows around the room.

Kraglain says in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'I've funds to contribute if we need containers, of if Sir Lanneer doesn't keep an ale fund handy.'

Lyum counts his money.

Lyum says to Kraglain in common 'I should have enough! is there a specific type that dulls pain best?'

You say to Kraglain in common, nodding, 'If you could provide an ample amount to Sir Lanneer, to ensure we will have what we may need.'

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'Take some extra, just in case. Vodka is often used, I understand.'

Kraglain says to you in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'The general store sells some blankets and the like, I do believe.'

You say to Kraglain in common, nodding, 'That would be far better than me trying to make my own. If they are to be useful anyway.'

Lyum accepts the coins, blinking down at them.

Kraglain says to you in common, holding out another small stack of shiny coins, 'I'm unsure of their cost. We'll return here when the supplies are gathered?'

Lyum says to Kraglain in common 'This will buy much vodka! I will return!'

Kraglain says in common, adding, 'If I'm picking henbane and the like, I may as well gather some fruits as well.'

Kraglain gives Lyum a stern nod, waving him off.


Claire begins to secure her belongings with a level of haste, tugging at the loose straps and buckles before slinging her backpack up on her shoulders.


Kraglain says to you in common, deciding then, 'I'll come along to the general store for a basket.'

Kraglain now follows you.

You say to Kraglain in common, nodding solemnly, 'We will meet back here, may haste find your step.'

********At the General Store**************


Kraglain says to you in common, glancing over some barrels in the inventory, 'Best not hurt yourself. Those look heavy, miss Alorian.'


You buy an iron-banded barrel from a short man with a dazzling smile for 90 silver and 4 gold pieces.

You buy an iron-banded barrel from a short man with a dazzling smile for 90 silver and 4 gold pieces.



Claire steps carefully forward, grasping a barrel of water under each arm, a rope tethered to ring around her shoulder to provide extra support as she holds the barrels tightly.

Lyum says in common, walking out with what is a big platterer laden with vdka, beer, and ale containers, 'Halp!'

Kraglain says in common, to the two newer arrivals, 'I'll be to the temple shortly. Citrus and poison, aye?'

Lyum tries to balance all of the containers on the platter, the glasses and metal clinking and chattering in protest.

You say to Kraglain in common, nodding, 'Citrus and the plants with their fruits yes.'

A crowd of Serians has arrived from the south.

You say to Lyum in common, adjusting the barrels with a roll of her shoulders, making a notion with her head, 'It seems you have the most delicate job amoung us.'

Kraglain says to a lithe, tan-furred female felis with tufted black ears in common, basket empty as he asks over, 'You're not in the mood to earn a few gold, are you? I've a lot of berries to pick in a short amount of time, and four hands are quicker than two.'

You say to Lyum in common, arching a brow, 'Care you to lead to the Temple? That way I would not be in your way as you walk with such careful balance.'

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, seriously, 'The usual rate is one lash per spilt drink, sir Lanneer.'

A lithe, tan-furred female felis with tufted black ears says to Kraglain in common, perking up immediately, 'Gold, you say?  I won't say no, gold is scarce these days what with some dragon hoardin' it all.'

Kraglain says to a lithe, tan-furred female felis with tufted black ears in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'Right this way, then, if you would please. Five now, five when we've returned to the temple?'

A lithe, tan-furred female felis with tufted black ears says to Kraglain in common 'Who're you?'

Lyum says to you in common 'But if you lead, you won't bump me!'

Kraglain motions toward himself.

Kraglain says in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'Kraglain Bramos, Templar of the Crusade. Who are you?'

A lithe, tan-furred female felis with tufted black ears says in common, pointing to Lyum, 'I know him already.  He tells lotsa bad jokes.'

A lithe, tan-furred female felis with tufted black ears motions toward herself.

A lithe, tan-furred female felis with tufted black ears says in common 'I'm Feyza, by the way.  Feyza Loski.'

A crowd of Serians leaves south.

Claire pauses with a thoughtful expression before nodding once to Lyum . She takes a few steps forward and nearly loses her balance as the barrels shift, this causes her to stumble forward a pace or so before catching herself.

Lyum steadies his platter of drinks, following very cautiously behind you.

You say to Lyum in common, in warning, 'Yes, I will do my best to not bump you, but pay close attention and keep your distance.'

Kraglain says to Feyza in common, extending some coins out to her, 'We'll be visting the Darkwater. I hope you have no great enemies there.'

Kraglain gives Feyza some coins.

Feyza says to Kraglain in common, her eyes growing wide at the gold coins, 'But I ain't got the berries for you yet.'

Lyum says to you in common 'I will be very careful!'

***On the way back to the Temple***


Claire pauses a moment and reaffirms her grip as the barrels begin to slip. She casts a look over her shoulder at Lyum with a questioning expression.

You say to Lyum in common, still looking straight ahead, 'How are you doing back there?'

Lyum says in common, swaying, the sounds of clanking following his gate, 'I'm not wet, yet!'

Claire draws in a deep breath that she appears to hold as she begins to saunter off to the south, making sure to keep her steps as careful as she can.


Southwall Road at the Gate of the Serian Temple
The uniformly-cut cobblestones range in color here from a dark brown to brick
red, and new ones are intermixed with older pieces.  Purple wisteria climbs
over the white stone wall on either side of the gate to the north that borders
the temple grounds and deposits fallen petals into the street.  The steeple of
the Serian temple rises high to the north behind a tunnel of large maple
trees.  Guide wires with penants depicting a chimera sigil stretch from the
temple wall to the gray city wall to the south.  Southwall street continues
west toward the city gates and further east toward the corner of the city.

A human magistrate patrols here, keeping an eye on the citizens.

Lyum has arrived from the east.

Claire stops and looks at the door as if it were a dragon, a look of determination flashing in her eyes. She begins to scan about herself while maintaining her grip on the barrels.

Lyum eyes the gate like a great beast to be slain, his hands clearly full.

You say to a human magistrate in common, gesturing to the gate with her head, her blonde hair spilling in front of her eyes, 'Would you mind assisting us?'

The gate swings open with a heavy sigh as a human magistrate pushes it backward. He nods once to both you and Lyum and steps aside gesturing to the north.


The Flagstoned Square Before the Serian Temple
Rusty-red flagstones interlock to cover this square before the oaken doors of
the Serian temple.  The building towers overhead to the north, its gray and
white stones bright against the backdrop of the open sky.  Several tall red
maples at the corners of the square provide cool shade at the fringes of the
area.  The square is mostly quiet save for the soft trickle of the fountain
and the cries of birds.  Flagstone paths wind east around the building or west
where they degenerate into dirt paths.

The oaken doors is closed.

Claire stares blankly at the door, her arms appearing to become strained from the effort of supporting the large barrels.

Gritting her teeth she shambles forward and kicks the lower half of the door with a solid motion.

You shout in common, pleading, 'If you could please let us in, we have returned with the supplies!'

Lyum steps up alongside, eyeing the door like another beast to be slain.

Nearly falling while trying to reclaim you footing she catches herself before almost spilling backward toward Lyum . you freezes abruptly and slowly turns a horrified expression to Lyum as the door opens from the other side.

You open the oaken doors to the north.

Your fully expanded accent is too long.

You say to Lyum in common, the shocked and worried expression still clinging to the features of her face, 'I..I am sorry.'

Lyum almost spilled the platter, fluid even coming out of the containers as he jumps backward, but the liquor ends up safe, just a little from a few glasses spilling onto the man, his face and hair, specifically.

Claire narrows her eyes in a cringe as she watches Lyum manage to recover, though a portion of the liquid had sloshed onto

Lyum. She swallows audiably and makes for another desperate grip at the barrels gesturing to the north with her head.

You say to Lyum in common, with a stain of what sounds to be embarassment ground in with worry, 'After you?'

Lyum licks at his lips, and probably tastes some rum, because his nose wrinkles.

***Back at Temple***

Kraglain stomps up with a basket brimming with berries, chocolate, and a mass of other planty stuff.

Feyza has arrived from the south.

Kraglain drops a wicker basket with ribbon handles.

Claire swallows raggedly in an effort to regain her breath. She is seated fully on the ground with her legs cast out away from her, her head falling back to rest against the barrel.

Feyza swings a makeshift haversack made from a quilt of gray and brown fur as she arrives.  It appears to be full of many heavy, lumpy objects.

Lyum offers the plate to an auburn-haired human woman unsteadily, only slightly wet from what is presumably not water.

You are now seen as:
Claire is here, seated on the ground with her head leaning back against one of the large barrels of water. Her legs are stretched out in front of her.

You drop an iron-banded barrel.

You drop an iron-banded barrel.

Feyza says to Kraglain in common 'Oy, I got those oranges for you.  Nobody else wanted 'em.'

Feyza shoves her hand in a makeshift haversack made from a quilt of gray and brown fur and pulls out a vibrant red and orange apple.

Feyza gives a vibrant red and orange apple to Kraglain.

Feyza utters the words, 'ocolora weouq'.

Kraglain says to Feyza in common, giving her a grateful nod, turning the orange over, 'Thank you. You can dump them in the basket if you'd like.'

Feyza utters the words, 'qcamdieha gqfarr'.
Feyza has created a scroll.

Carefully an auburn-haired human woman takes the plate of offered glasses from Lyum . She eyes you warily and steps around you to go set  the tray of glasses carefully on the ground next to one of the mats.

Feyza nods and pulls out two more of the colorful fruits from her haversack and tosses them into the basket.

Kraglain says to you in common, reporting the contents of the basket aloud then, 'We found henbane, hemlock, foxgloves, belladonna, pokeweed, mandrake, some poppy seeds, and... miss Feyza thought the citizens would appreciate strawberries.'

You say to Feyza in common, managing a smile, though her words are clipped as she still works to control her breathing, 'Ah..that is good, you also were able to obtain the citrus fruits.'

Lyum says to you in common 'You were very good at carrying those barrels! The gate was a fearsome foe!'

Feyza sticks her nose in the quilt and sniffs at the remaining contents.

You say to Lyum in common, nodding agreeably, 'I am fortunate enough to have entered the battle against the gate along your side. Your balance  is a mighty thing indeed Sir Lanneer.'

Feyza says to Kraglain in common 'Okay, the rest o' these are kinda squishy, but they seem eatable so I'll toss 'em in too.'

Feyza empties a quilt of gray and brown fur's contents into a wicker basket with ribbon handles.

The candles flicker, sending shifting shadows around the room.

Despite Feyza's efforts, most of the oranges fall out of a wicker basket with ribbon handles and end up on the floor.  She settles for shoving them up against the basket instead.


You say to Kraglain in common, with another quick nod, 'I believe that will certainly do, the strawberries will be a nice touch to sweeten alongside the Lady Kamrins favorite flowers.'

Kraglain says to you in common, glancing from she to the auburn-haired woman and back, 'Do we have any initial notions of what would help combat the symptoms? I'm afraid heavy doses of any of what we found would be counterproductive.'

You say to Kraglain in common, gesturing to Lyum, 'Lyum has managed to bring...and wear..many assortments of alcohol it would seem.'

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, glancing him over with a quiet grumble, 'We'll need to wring you out, I'm afraid. Every drop is precious.'

Feyza looks at Lyum.

Feyza sniffs and wrinkles her nose.

Feyza says in common 'Could parade him as a drunk or summat and get 'im to get more bitsa silver from folks in the street.'

Lyum takes a step back from Kraglain, only slightly damp. He slumps his shoulders, almost pleadily asking...

Lyum says in common 'Be gentle?'

Claire palces both her hands flat on the ground at her side, shooting a smirk at Feyza before pushing herself up to her feet. A hand is left to steady herself atop the barrels.

You say to Feyza in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'If he does not dry during our efforts then it may not be a bad idea.'


You say to Kraglain in common, looking back at the auburn-haired woman with an apprehensive nod, 'Well we are unsure to be honest.'

You say to Kraglain in common, with a small shrug, 'The symptoms have manifested in a variety of ways, sores, seizures, fevers, vomiting, and even the chills.'


Kraglain says to you in common, motioning at the basket, 'I'm afraid our best bet is to experiment, then. Poppy seeds for everybody to at least help mute the pain. We can try to sweat our the fevers and keep the sores clean and bandaged.'

You say to Kraglain in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'If the option to inject it into their bloodstream is not available, I would see if they cannot ingest it and maybe hold it down?'

Feyza says to you in common 'Ya sure this ain't some sorta magic sorcerer person makin' everyone sick for kicks?  Or somethin' the tower got wrong again?'

You say in common, looking at both Feyza and Lyum, 'Have you any ideas?'

Claire nods to Kraglain with a look on her face as if she remembered something. Quickly she pulls out several blankets from her backpack after usnecuring the straps in a targeted, practiced fashion.

You drop a heavy wool blanket lined with soft linen. x 10

Lyum says to you in common 'That seems the best plan. To focus on each symptom as best you can until you find a proper mix of leaf things for people to suck on to make them all better.'

You say to Feyza in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I can only confirm what I have seen. I had found something similar near the Eastern Shores of Alandis, but I am not sure at all if this is entrely the same, only similar.'

Kraglain says to you in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'I don't believe trying to get the concoctions into their blood is an ideal strategy. If we can find something to keep the actual potion down, we're best off just having them ingest it.'

You say to Feyza in common, with a thoughtful expression, 'I suppose it very well could be a mishandled experiment from the Tower or some form of witchcraft.'

Feyza says to you in common 'Err, who're you again?'

Lyum says to you in common 'Doesn't magic work against magic?'

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'Often times yes, not in this situation.'

You say to Feyza in common, blinking a moment, 'Oh I am sorry.'

Feyza says to Lyum in common 'It works if ya find the person and lop off his head.'

You motion towards yourself.
You say in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I am Claire Alorian, Paladin of the Crusade.'

Feyza says to you in common 'Right, okay!  I think sticking stuff in folks blood is bad physicking, might be better to bleed 'em and neither's much good.'

You say to Kraglain in common, nodding agreeably, 'Yes, ingestion seems to be best. I do agree with Lyum though, perhaps we should focus on one single symptom at a time to see what would have the best effect?'

Kraglain says in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'I'd use everything at our disposal. Try it on the worst off at first. We can give it some time and see how they fair. If it's overly bad, we'll have to revisit the options.'

You say to Feyza in common, mulling at the idea, 'I am however not too learned on the subject of magic to know what would and would not work with or against it.'

The candles flicker, sending shifting shadows around the room.

You say to Kraglain in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'There are members of both the Slums and the Orphanage in bad shape, which do you consider the best optio first?'

Feyza says to you in common 'Don't you have any idea how it's spread?  Like if it's dogs or rats with their fleas spreading it?'

You say to Kraglain in common, narrowing her eyes as if searching for an answer, 'We maybe able to be more liberal with our mixture starting at the Slums, and that way we may learn what will be most effective?'

Kraglain says to you in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'The orphanage is more contained. We might have an easier time controlling our findings there, no? I am somewhat compelled by the young ones, also.'

You say to Feyza in common, with a shake of her head, 'My experience had me come accross the disease in the later stages, when it was almost a sure death sentence. It does seem to grow in strength if left to fester, which makes me think it is by proximity.'

Lyum says to Kraglain in common 'That might work. find out what's different there, compared to everywhere else, you mean?'

Feyza says to you in common 'Well, then you gotta figured how proximity spread it from the east to the slums and to the orphanage, 'specially if nobody goes in the orphanage building, right?'

You say to Feyza in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'You are right, though first we must keep true in our efforts to contain this to the best of our ability. I fear if we lose focus it may take root and become something that is terrible and unmanagable.'

Feyza says to you in common 'You said these people're gonna die, so next thing you gotta do is make sure nobody else becomes those people.  They can die without you hoverin', and once you got it holed up, come back to the sick folks.'

Feyza says in common, aghast, 'I ate a lotta fish recently!  It can't be the fish.'

Kraglain says to Feyza in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'The city must get it from all over. It would explain why only some of the city has been infected.'

Feyza says to Kraglain in common 'Why not something like fabrics?  I mean, I got mosta my stuff outside the city so that'd explain why I ain't caught it.'

Lyum says to Kraglain in common 'But if it's from all over, wouldn't more people have it?'

You say to Kraglain in common, nodding, 'It would do good for us to try to shed light on how it seems to be getting around. The quarantine on those areas should remain in place but it could potentially reach out further even with the quarantine.'

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'The city receives fish from all over, but if only one source is contaminated, only some districts would get it.'

Feyza utters the words, 'ocolora weouq'.

You say to Feyza in common, curiously, 'Both those in the Slums and those in the Orphanage take gifts in the form of charity from other citizens of the City. That could be a common thread between the two.'

You say to Kraglain in common, nodding, 'Perhaps it was a lot of fish that was not meant to be sold from the shop but rather dispersed to very hungry individuals that may not be able to afford?'

Feyza says to you in common 'What else might be donated to poor folks?  Food, clothes?'

You say in common, beginning to make a neat pile of the blankets gesturing over to an auburn-haired human woman, 'Though we will still need to look to find the cure as we look to weed out the source. I fear those infected will only continue to deteriorate.'

Kraglain says in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'Coins. I'd doubt silver could be poisonous.'

Lyum says in common, after a long time of listening silently, 'Umm...toys? Money? i don't think there's anything wrong with money.'

You say in common, with a narrowed look of worry, 'We still must also consider the option this was maliciously spread on purpose.'

You say in common, looking between those gathered, 'I cannot fathom the logistics but I cannot entirely rule it out either.'

Feyza says to you in common 'They's a good test group, right?  Buncha folks that don't got connections, maybe society won't even miss 'em.'

With a gentle touch, an auburn-haired human woman steps over toward you and begins to grab at the blankets to neatly fold them into a pile that she places atop one of the barrels. She remains quiet but listens intently to the conversation.

Kraglain says to you in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'While we're administering an initial dose of the concoction, we can try to keep a watch on the place. Try to keep as much local food in the place as possible.'

You say to Feyza in common, gravely, 'From the damage that was caused in the fishing village on the Eastern Shore from this disease, perhaps these two locations would allow the disease to gain strength unnoticed until it was too late.'

You say in common, her eyes a touch too wide, 'If we had not taken notice as early as we had...'

Feyza says to you in common 'Ya don't think the target is Seria, and all of us, do ya?'

You say to Feyza in common, nodding first at Kraglain, 'I am not entirely sure what to think at this point, aside from trying to contain, and maintain the health of Seria and its inhabitants.'

You say to Kraglain in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'With your advanced knowledge on the proper portion size perhaps you could handle the plants, and flowers to prepare the first dose to be administered?'

You say to Feyza in common, gesturing to the oranges and other fruits, 'Perhaps you could ask the Priestess for a container and begin to drain the juices from the fruit there so it can be properly mixed?'

You say to Lyum in common, pointing over to the tray of glasses, 'You may want to try to condense those glasses down to a single container. Do you think it wise if we try to heat up the alcohol before it is combined with the other ingredients?'

You say in common, patting the top of the barrel several times, 'I've made sure to bring plenty of water to balance out the potency as we must.'

Feyza says to you in common 'Right, well, I think I'm done here.  All this sickness and toxic fruit and who's gonna die is bad omens.'

You say to Feyza in common, nodding firmly, 'Your assistance is most appreciated. I will gladly take to squeezing the oranges and other fruits if you must take leave.'

Feyza gives you a honeycomb dripping with gooey honey.

Feyza says to you in common 'Mum always said it was good for sick folks.'

Feyza turns and runs out before waiting for a reply.

Feyza leaves south.

Kraglain says to you in common, approaching the basket and pulling some things out, 'Reminds me once more, for my old age, what our symptoms are?'

You say to Kraglain in common, nodding as she receives an empty bowl from the auburn-haired woman, 'I have seen victims with sores, paired with chills and fever. Worse cases have led to vomiting and seizures.'

You say to Lyum in common, pointing over to the tray of glasses, 'You may want to try to condense those glasses down to a single container. Do you think it wise if we try to heat up the alcohol before it is combined with the other ingredients?'

Kraglain says in common, turning from the two, 'A moment, please.'

Kraglain leaves north.

Lyum says to you in common 'I wouldn't know! But shamans make people shiver and the like. I bet one of them did it! Shamans are always up to no good!.'

Kraglain has arrived from the north.

The candles flicker, sending shifting shadows around the room.

Kraglain returns with a white porcelain mortar and pestle set and sets it down with the basket, seating himself on crossed legs.

You say to Lyum in common, with a look of consideration, 'That theory has potential, this is wicked enough to have been generated from someone who would harbor darkness in their hearts. I have also considered this to be the work of witches.'

Kraglain says to you in common, pulling the bag of seeds out of the basket and grinding a few with the porcelain set, 'Sores?

Poppies for that pain. The vodka might help. Or upset the sores in their stomachs; we'll have to see.'

Claire continues to peel and squeeze the oranges into a bowl, beginning to add the honey and squeezed strawberries to the mix.

She pauses to smile at an auburn-haired human woman , adding an appreciative nod as an auburn-haired human woman continues to fold the blankets carefully.

Kraglain flicks some seed bits off his fingertips and pauses with his hand hovering over a wicker basket with ribbon handles.

Lyum says to Kraglain in common, with flawed but steadfast conviction, 'But they would just vomit up the gross stuff in the sores and be better. I'll bet it's witches.'

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'If you see any, make sure to light them on fire and bury the ashes. Henbane for the seizing.'

A red-furred male taurlok sits on a cushion and dozes off.

You say to Lyum in common, using her gauntleted hand to smash down the fruit in the bowl, 'We need to find a way for them to keep this mixture down. Witches very well maybe the force behind this.'

An aged, bow-legged male human has arrived from the south.

An aged, bow-legged male human pulls out a piece of wood and his knife and settles on a cushion.

You say to Lyum in common, with a serious expression, 'Once we have this under control, or even if we find them during, we will need to reveal their identity.'

Kraglain plucks some henbane blossoms from a wicker basket with ribbon handles and grinds the purplish blossoms in his mortar.

This, along with the seeds, creates a dusty pink mash.

You say to Lyum in common, motioning with her head, 'If you could bring over some of the alcohol, I believe we can add it into the fruit mixture if Kraglain would not object?'

Kraglain says in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'Fruit, henbane, and poppy. Swath the children in as many blankets and keep them logged with water.'

Lyum scurries over to the tray, which has been set down out of the way by an auburn-haired human woman, and looks over the selection.

Lyum says to Kraglain in common 'Vodka is best, yes?'

With a reassuring nod, an auburn-haired human woman confirms his statement before removing several of the blankets from in front of you to hand them over to a similarly dressed individual that had been standing off in the back. an auburn-haired human woman whispers to the individual.


Kraglain says to Lyum in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'It's strong enough. Hopefully the whole thing won't overpower their bodies.'

Lyum says in common, just dumping shots into the bowl, asking only when he's on the third one, 'How much?'

A middle-aged man in gleaming armor has arrived from the north.

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'Probably twice that much. We want it diluted well enough, anyway.'

Lyum says in common, muttering, 'If I had know the road to glory would be in alcohol knowledge, I would have partaken...Partook? Partooken?'

Kraglain takes a white porcelain mortar and pestle set, along with the pasty stuff inside, and comes up to the bowl as well.

Lyum furrows his brow as he ponders that great mystery, dumping more shots into the mixture. He adds two more than are actually requested.

You say to Lyum in common, continuing to mix the contents of the bowl by hand, 'Unfortunatly if that were the case you would not remember the road to glory as the alcohol would have stolen the memories.'

Kraglain says to you in common, approaching with his mortar, 'I've lost too much money to spirits. And probably a couple friendships I no longer recall. Mix this paste in for me, would you?'

You say to Kraglain in common, pulling her bottom lip into her mouth briefly, 'I only worry that the small and sick bodies of the Orphans will struggle with this mixture, even if I do agree they are the most important for the posterity of Seria itself.'

Lyum says to you in common, adding one more shot for good measure, 'That's nonsense! A good stiff drink makes yo grow big and strong!'

Kraglain gives his pestle a twist and scrapes out the mashed flower bits into your bowl, the sound a dry stone-on-stone noise.

Claire nods dutifully to Kraglain while drawing a small knife from her waist, which she uses to scrape portions of the paste into the bowl. She pauses to bend down to grab an animal bone from her pack which she uses to thouroughly complete mixing.

A middle-aged man in gleaming armor leaves north.

Plop, plop, plop, and then Kraglain's contribution to the cure is all swirling in the new bowl.

You say to Lyum in common, with a quick wink and a teasing smile, 'Most certainly, big and strong on your way to the floor to lay stiffly. Those are my thoughts exactly.'

Claire looks down at the contents of the bowl with an almost sour expression. She leaves the bone to rest with the top portion leaning out. The bowl remains at rest atop the barrel at which point she nods to Kraglain and gestures to an auburn-haired human woman.

You say to Kraglain in common, tilting her head to the side, 'Do you believe the need for more water, I feel between the fruit juices and the alcohol we may not need it? But I'll leave that to you and the Priestess to decide.'

Kraglain says to you in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'Always more water. I'll make a donation for more casks later, no need to play the role of pack mules now.'

You say to Kraglain in common, curiously, 'What of adding the mixture into one of the barrels as a whole and having the barrel delivered to the Orphanage?'

Kraglain says to you in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'A reasonable logistical decision.'

The candles flicker, sending shifting shadows around the room.

Kraglain says to an auburn-haired human woman in common, glancing aside, 'Would the temple handle the transporation? We'd appreciate it. Mostly our backs.'

You say to Lyum in common, lifting the bowl containing the mixture, gesturing to the barrel with her head, 'Would you mind removing the lid here so I can add this mixture while preperations are made to ahve it delivered?'

The discordant knells of Darkwater Basilica toll the midnight hour.

Lyum stands, nodding, and hastily scrambling toward the barrel, removing the lid as asked.

Not saying I can't add them, just that you'll be seeing a lot smaller bonus than on leather.

Lyum says to you in common 'Of course! umm. i'll take the rest of it, for any future mixtures?'

Claire offers Lyum a warm smile before shifting her focus to scraping the contents of the bowl into the waters within the barrel. She pauses to look between Lyum and Kraglain.

You say in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I will add all of this I believe to the barrel, we can re-create the mixture if this is effective.'

Kraglain says to you in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'That is the ideal situation. If it is not, or partially works, we can reevaluate.'

Claire empties the bowl into the barrel, making sure the contents are thouroughly mixed throughout. She carefully wraps the animal bone in a piece of cloth before placing the empty bowl and cloth wrapped bone far removed from the area.

Noting the completion of you task, an auburn-haired human woman peers into the barrel for a silent moment, reflecting over the contents. She reaches out to touch a hand to his arm and motions to the barrel as if to seal it before looking at Kraglain with a questioning look.

You say in common, looking between everyone gathered, 'I believe this mixture ready for delivery to determine how successful it will be?'

Lyum seals the barrel obediently, then steps back, wrinkling his nose.

Lyum says in common 'I suppose so! i should go wash!'

Kraglain gives a late nod of agreement with you.

Kraglain says to you in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'I'll visit the place to check on occasion. But we ought to limit traffic to the place for the most part.'

You say to Kraglain in common, nodding, 'I do not think the quarentine should be lifted until the sickness is truly removed.'

Kraglain says to Lyum in common, in a well-enunciated Serian accent, 'Be well, sir Lanneer. The help is appreciated.'

You say to Lyum in common, curiosuly, 'You would also agree with us? I of course hope for the best but we must be repared.'

You say to Lyum in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'If you would share words with whomever you hold your faith to provide strength and the success of our efforts it would do well.'

Lyum says to you in common 'It is your undertaking. It doesn't seem wise to lift such a thing. I will ask that your efforts take root well.'

Lyum waves, shuffling out.


Kraglain says to you in common, walking over to collect his basket, 'A good bit of progress, Paladin Alorian.'

Kraglain gets a wicker basket with ribbon handles.

The candles flicker, sending shifting shadows around the room.

You say to Kraglain in common, nodding and expelling a breath she hadn't realized she had been holding, 'Very much so Sir Bramos. I believe we have done our lady Kamrin proud.'

Kraglain says to you in common, thumping a fist to his heart, 'Do write me if you notice any new development. For now, rest well.'

Claire leans over the second barrel and rests her head withint the palms of her hand and smiles over at Kraglain fondly.

You say to Kraglain in common, inclining her head, her smile broadening, 'I would not spare you any details in my scouting reports. You rest easy as well.'