Username: Password:

Author Topic: Lythren Thievery Quest  (Read 18201 times)

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Lythren Thievery Quest
« on: April 01, 2014, 10:48:21 PM »
This is the thread from the staff forum for the Coterie artifacts quest.  We only log the incidents where we are asked to puppet NPCs or decide a result.  If the involved players want to share further logs that are not included here, they are welcome to do so.

==========================================

Number: 95
To: All
From: Iskvarren
Date: Tue Apr  1 22:44:47 2014
Re: * black parchments with pale writing posted in the main gathering places *
------------------------------------
To those concerned:
 
Recently, a rash of thievery by the lythren of the underground has been noted,
particularly in the Coterie's business dealings.  Those found to be abetting
the thieves will be treated similarly, while those who aid us in the recovery
of certain artefacts will be duly rewarded. 
 
* a peacock feather with a staring eye *
 
OOC: This is the start of a new, open-ended event.  For the rest of this week,
any time that I am available, you may send me a tell to request interaction
with a chosen NPC.  All interactions will follow HELP RP NIGHTS rules.  There
is no set ending at this time.  That is for what players decide to do
individually or as a group.  If you are unfamiliar with the common knowledge
about the Coterie, see HELP COTERIE. 



The premise for this quest is the Coterie is smuggling artifacts for a ritual of some sort, but the shipments have been getting intercepted by lythren who just want them for wealth.  If players dig, they'll find that the ritual is something rather sinister and have to debate whether to return the artifacts or let it be lost.

---

The bounty hunters have piked a lythren at the boardwalk.

This black lythren corpse hangs here from a pike, which has been stabbed
through his ribcage to exit through his mouth.  His red blood seeps through
his ragged clothing and runs down the stripes of his tail onto the
cobblestones.  His eyes have been gouged out, leaving only empty sockets.  The
stub of his tongue, which hangs out the side of his mouth, looks to have been
bitten off.  Both of his hands have been removed, and the wrists are both cut
to say "THIEF". 
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2014, 12:10:30 AM »
Today:
  • Alarac and Naline ask for information from the taurlok bartender at the Hostel Intent.  They're told that the artifacts are powerful and cat shaped ("a jaguar, a tiger, a leopard, a lynx, an ole tabby... forgot the other one.  All onyx with gem eyes.")  The last group of bounty hunters was after a black lythren with red eyes.
  • They pick up Asyrious and look at the corpse of the piked lythren.
  • They go into the sewers and run into a bunch of huge waves and glowing water.  They're finally forced to retreat and run into the lythren.
  • After some bribery, the lythren says that the piked lythren is Elistir and he told them the Coterie were planning some sort of powerful summoning ritual of something like demons or gods.  The lythren stole the artifacts and decided it would benefit them to sell the artifacts for gold and split them up in the process, preventing the summoning.
  • The lythren says he was in charge of moving one of the artifacts, but he dropped it and it activated and rushed into the river.  Now they can't get through the huge waves, let alone find it and pull it out.  He says if they get it out, then finish the job and don't give it back to the Coterie.
  • Asyrious voids out.  Alarac and Naline debate whether to share the info if they're not planning on returning it to the Coterie.
-----------

The Hostel Intent Tavern [Room 4530]
A warm fire crackles in a massive, black stone hearth that takes up most of
the north wall.  Mounted just above the mantle is the grinning visage of a
preserved bloodwolf head, its flinty glass eyes and yellowed teeth glinting in
the firelight.  Adjacent to the hearth is an elliptical bar of polished
blackwood situated against the east wall.  Rows of bottles and jugs, all
filled with various amounts of alcohol, are haphazardly arranged on shelves
behind the bar.  Dents and scuffs marr the blackwood floor and the sheen of
spilled liquor stains the boards beneath the stools.


[Exits: south west]
     (Glowing) Strings of black paper lanterns hang from the walls.
     A dozen blackwood stools sit along the edge of the bar.
Naline is here.
Alarac is here, swinging his feet from atop a stool at the bar.
(Red Aura) An aged male taurlok with broken horns stands behind the bar.
(Red Aura) A gaunt, middle-aged human man nurses a drink at the bar.

Naline concentrates on something.

Naline utters the words, 'warding eye'.
Naline is protected by a warding eye.

Naline utters the words, 'detect magic'.

An aged male taurlok snorts loudly as he polishes a mug from behind the counter.  His eyes occasionally dart over to Naline and Alarac, although his head doesn't move.

Oprog (171) Alarac's half-mask shudders with golden light, shifting into a stylized sun.

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'By the way, do you know of any plentiful poisonous fruits with minor poisons? I have been trying to train my magical heal abilities but lack a large number of patients.'

Alarac swivels from side to side on his stool, head craning back to look up at an aged male taurlok.

Alarac says to Naline in common, as a brief aside, 'Not really. We can experiment later.'

Naline sighs loudly as he peers at Alarac, then looks up at an aged male taurlok.

Naline says to an aged male taurlok in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Bartender, gimme the strongest and cheapest ya got.'

Alarac says to an aged male taurlok in common, voice lifting across the bar, 'Hello! My friend and I recently came across a very exciting letter. You don't have the biggest ears, but maybe you could help us anyway.'

Naline says to an aged male taurlok in common, with a slightly chuckle, as he drops down a few gold and silver coins, 'Two of them. One for me and another for my chatty friend.'

An aged male taurlok says to Naline in common, in a deep, rumbling bass, 'Hold these for now, just for appearances.  I'll give you your strong drink afterward in case important things must be discussed.'

An aged male taurlok ignores Naline's coins and shoves a thick glass mug into his hands and Alarac's hands.

An aged male taurlok gives a large glass mug to Naline.

An aged male taurlok gives a large glass mug to Alarac.

Naline stops using an ouroboros charm carved from glistening shoham.

Naline holds a large glass mug in his hand.

Alarac stops using a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass.
Alarac holds a large glass mug in his hand.

Naline nods discretely toward an aged male taurlok, then raises his mug toward Alarac.

An aged male taurlok flicks his ears and grunts, then leans on the bar and looks down at Alarac's diminutive form.  His expression is stoic, his mouth a straight line interrupted only by sharp teeth.

Naline says to Alarac in common, shoving his frothy mug toward Alarac, 'Cheers.'

Alarac lifts his mug to Naline, shrinking visibly under an aged male taurlok's scrutiny.

Naline silently looks around the room, then back toward an aged male taurlok, as he swings hisglass mug at Alarac.

An aged male taurlok says to Alarac in common, seriously, 'I hear a lot of things in this inn.'

Alarac says to an aged male taurlok in common, forgetting the mug as soon as it hits the bar with a sharp 'clack', 'I need to talk to somebody, then. Maybe you know who drafted this letter! I have questions for them, but they seem very tough to get ahold of.'

Alarac Smote>A half-folded piece of paper is slide across the bar, from Alarac to an aged male taurlok.

Alarac gives a single sheet of paper to an aged male taurlok.

An aged male taurlok picks up the folded sheet of paper and flips it open, scrutinizing it with one eye.

Naline silently listens to the conversation between Alarac and an aged male taurlok, keeping an eye on the rest of the patrons.

An aged male taurlok says to Alarac in common, remarking, 'The thieves then, aye?  What's it to you and your loud friend?'

Alarac says to an aged male taurlok in common, pointing with a stout finger at the paper, 'I think I saw something about a reward. And I should admit, I've a sour spot for the snakes.'

An aged male taurlok says to Naline in common, in a deep, rumbling bass, 'And you?'

Alarac thinks to himself in common 'They probably wouldn't trust adventure as an end goal. The investigation. They'll be more satisfied with treasure-hunters.'

An aged male taurlok snaps a string of black paper lanterns in half along its original crease and douses it in a mug of ale on the bar.  The ink bleeds from the paper, darkening the liquid.

An aged male taurlok snaps a single sheet of paper in half along its original crease and douses it in a mug of ale on the bar.  The ink bleeds from the paper, darkening the liquid.

Naline says to an aged male taurlok in common, rolls his eyes at Alarac's mention of dislike of lythrens, 'I've got nothing better to do, and seems like an interesting time.'

An aged male taurlok says to Naline in common, in a deep, rumbling bass, 'Dangerous attitude, lad.  Might find yourself on the wrong side, and in Darkwater, mind you... there is a /wrong/ side.'

Alarac says to Naline in common, eye twitching once, past in an instant, 'Treasure never hurts, right? We could make a lot of money if we locate their artifacts!'

Naline says to an aged male taurlok in common, giving a throaty chuckle, 'I know. The thieves will be going to the other side soon enough.'

An aged male taurlok's eyes scan the tavern and then he leans in closer to Naline and Alarac, his enormous shoulders still hulking over the pair.

Alarac thinks in common 'I wonder what artifacts. Would they hate me if not all of them got returned?'

An aged male taurlok says in common, in a lowered voice, 'Rumor is the basilica's been importing some artefacts.  At least five or six in total.  Dangerous things, 'cept they got intercepted.'

Alarac says to an aged male taurlok in common, sliding down even further into his stool, 'That is not good! Do you know what any of them looked like? If we had a good description, maybe we could help hunt them all down.'

An aged male taurlok leans his weight on one shoulder and taps a thick finger against his horn knowingly.

An aged male taurlok says to Alarac in common, in a deep, rumbling bass, 'Heard they were a buncha animals, all made of onyx.  Gems for eyes, nice paperweight type things.'

Alarac says to an aged male taurlok in common, face taking on a pleasant smile, posture straightening up, 'Onyx and gems! That sounds familiar. And do you have any idea where they were last seen? Literally underground?'

An aged male taurlok says to Alarac in common, in a deep, rumbling bass, 'The last bounty hunters in here were after a black lythren.  Midnight black, they said, with red eyes, off in the sewers somewhere.'

Naline says to an aged male taurlok in common, nodding slightly somewhat, 'Onyx and gems... with the body of a lythren. You'd think you were initially describing a large seleq' or something...'

An aged male taurlok says to Naline in common, snorting, 'Not the artefact, lad.  One of the thieves looks like that.'

An aged male taurlok stands up straight and counts off on his fingers.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'And how many thieves were there in total?...'

An aged male taurlok says in common, in a deep, rumbling bass, 'Heard the whole set of artefacts... was a jaguar, a tiger, a leopard, a lynx, an ole tabby... forgot the other one.  All onyx with gem eyes.'

An aged male taurlok says to Naline in common, grimly, 'I suppose though, there's as many thieves as needed to be hunted down for the whole set back.  You get one, you'll get your money's worth here.'

Alarac says to Naline in common, looking over to him then, 'I guess we're hunting down some onyx cats!'

Naline says to Alarac in common, nodding his head somewhat, 'Yes, I suppose...'

Naline says to an aged male taurlok in common, sipping on his mug and speaking discretely, 'So, bartender. What do you wish for this information?...'

An aged male taurlok says to Naline in common, in a deep, rumbling bass, 'Nobody comes into Darkwater without the Coterie seeing.  You'll pay your debt if you take this information and end up on the wrong side.'

Alarac says to an aged male taurlok in common, leaving some coins on the bar when he withdraws his hand, 'Thank you for the time! We'll be sure to let you know what we find. Tell Ricard we said hello, if you see him! I guess I owe him a few things by now.'

An aged male taurlok grunts, sweeping up the coins from the bar with an enormous hand, and turns his back, tending to something against the wall.

Alarac gives an aged male taurlok some coins.

Naline nods slightly as he stands from the bar stool, and turns to face Alarac.

Alarac Smote>And with that, Alarac slips off his stool and heads off with a faint smile.

Alarac leaves west.

/* There is walking. */

At South Street and Blackwood Boardwalk [Room 3134]
The tower of a white sandstone building rises to the east as a vantage point.
A large wooden bridge at the base of these towers offers travel over the
Serian River that rushes beneath it, carrying the occasional small boat or
raft.  Purple and silver banners fly along the bridge, bright color among the
otherwise drab city.  A blackwood boardwalk populated with colorful tents
leads west into Darkwater Borough.  Brown cobblestone picks up to the north
and south of the bridge and winds its way through the city.


[Exits: north south west down]
     The corpse of a long black lythren has been piked by the boardwalk.
Naline is here.
Alarac is here.
Gus Lavinson plays marbles by himself here.

Alarac nearly trips as he spots the corpse, boots glued to the boardwalk.

Naline closely moves up next to the corpse and examines it in detail.

Alarac says to Naline in common, murmuring, 'Stay here for a moment? I am going to find somebody to escort us around here. I will be swift.'

Naline nods at Alarac.

Naline sits down and rests.

Alarac stops using a large glass mug.

Alarac holds a rounded stone of clouded crystal in his hand.

Alarac utters the words, 'portal'.
A shimmering gate rises up from the ground.

Alarac enters a shimmering gate.
You enter a shimmering gate, heading somewhere distinctly else.
Along the Northern Road [Room 4372]
As the road heads deeper into the northernmost part of Alandis, the
temperature begins to drop and the road itself becomes hard and cold.  The
land stretches out flat from the northern road with some small hills beginning
to form towards the southwest.  Scattered trees stand bare along the horizon
and small brush survives the cold weather among them.  The only safe travel
continues to be either towards the north or south.


[Exits: north south]
     (Glowing) The flames of a blazing campfire burn brightly here.
Alarac is here.
Asyrious is resting here.

Alarac stops using a rounded stone of clouded crystal.
Alarac wields a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass.

Alarac says to Asyrious in common 'Hello! I found a corpse. You should come make sure I am not turned into one while examining it.'

Asyrious tips his head towards Alarac.

Asyrious says in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'The one pinned to the board walk?'

Alarac says to Asyrious in common 'Yes! Do you want to investigate with us?'

Asyrious drinks water from a faded, weather-worn waterskin.

Asyrious questions in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'Why not?'

Alarac stops using a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass.

Alarac holds a rounded stone of clouded crystal in his hand.

Alarac utters the words, 'portal'.
A shimmering gate rises up from the ground.

Alarac wields a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass.

Alarac enters a shimmering gate.
You enter a shimmering gate, heading somewhere distinctly else.
At South Street and Blackwood Boardwalk [Room 3134]
The tower of a white sandstone building rises to the east as a vantage point.
A large wooden bridge at the base of these towers offers travel over the
Serian River that rushes beneath it, carrying the occasional small boat or
raft.  Purple and silver banners fly along the bridge, bright color among the
otherwise drab city.  A blackwood boardwalk populated with colorful tents
leads west into Darkwater Borough.  Brown cobblestone picks up to the north
and south of the bridge and winds its way through the city.


[Exits: north south west down]
     (Magical) A shimmering black gate rises from the ground, leading to parts unknown.
     The corpse of a long black lythren has been piked by the boardwalk.
Alarac is here.
Naline is here.
Gus Lavinson plays marbles by himself here.
You enter contested clan territory.

Asyrious has arrived through a shimmering gate.

Asyrious joins Alarac's group.

Asyrious says in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'A long one.'

l ly
This black lythren corpse hangs here from a pike, which has been stabbed
through his ribcage to exit through his mouth.  His red blood seeps through
his ragged clothing and runs down the stripes of his tail onto the
cobblestones.  His eyes have been gouged out, leaving only empty sockets.  The
stub of his tongue, which hangs out the side of his mouth, looks to have been
bitten off.  Both of his hands have been removed, and the wrists are both cut
to say "THIEF".

Alarac says to Naline in common, wincing as he walks up toward the corpse, 'I am guessing it died via the big stick shoved through it. What do you think?'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'No. The lythren committed suicide.'

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Probably to escape torture.'

Naline subtly points toward the bitten tongue in the corpse's open maws.

Asyrious points to the wrist.

Asyrious says in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'Excuse me.'

Asyrious leaves south.

Alarac uses the edge of his cloak to turn the body's wrist. His head tilts, eyes flitting over the double "THIEF" wounds.

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'I could try a divination spell to see if its spirit still exists within the mortal realm.'

Alarac says to Naline in common, nodding at him, 'Try that!'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Perhaps such a tortured soul had problems passing on into the next realm.'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Would you mind opening a gate to the academy? I need some preparations and consultation with the trainer...'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Or If you could lead me there and back... I'm not quite sure where we are as of now...'

Asyrious has arrived from the north.

Naline gets a map of the city of Seria from a simple cloth backpack.

Asyrious says in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'Only gate  or entrance I seen with a snake.'

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Hrm...'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'I will be right back.'

Alarac nods his head twice in rapid succession at Naline.

Naline nods at Asyrious.

Naline leaves north.

Alarac says to Asyrious in common 'Where do you mean?'

Asyrious says in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'I cirled Darkwater.'

Asyrious begins to fly.

Asyrious says in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'Lets look in sewers.'

Asyrious leaves down.

Alarac peers intently down.

Alarac utters the words, 'waterwalk'.
Alarac appears lighter on his feet.

Alarac peers intently north.

Alarac yells in common 'Naline!'

Alarac peers intently north.

Naline has arrived from the north.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Yes?...'

Naline pants as he runs toward Alarac.

Alarac says to Naline in common 'Asyrious ran down into the sewers. We should go look down there for the lead!'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Where did Asyrious go?'

Naline nods at Alarac.

Alarac utters the words, 'waterwalk'.
Naline appears lighter on his feet.

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'I do not see the lythren's spirit around his body.'

Alarac leaves down.
Naline leaves down.

/* They go off and get Asyrious, who is fighting Duskmarsh Hall's guard for some
   reason.  He explains it as he insulted the taurlok guard's mom about working
   in a brothel. */
The Underground Serian River [Room 7126]
High up on the marble wall, an iron pipe has been rusted solid, plugged by
bright-orange corrossion.  To the north and south, carved archways lead back
into the criss-crossing maze of sewer tunnels.  The river itself runs west,
the relentless current making travel upstream impossible.  A few dark clumps
swirl through the water, leaving brown trails behind them.  The thundering of
the river is magnified by the marble walls, becoming almost unbearable.


[Exits: north east south west]
Naline is here.
Asyrious is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is here.

Naline nods in agreement.

Naline looks around at everyone.

Asyrious peers intently east.

Alarac says to Naline in common, glancing back at him, 'The taurlok didn't say where the lythren may be, right? Just that the bounty hunters ran off into the sewer?'

Naline nods at Alarac.

The sound of rushing water comes from the east, intensifying and echoing through the sewer.

/* There is walking but I removed it. */

You utter the words, 'tidal wave'.
A large wave appears and crashes down!
Your cataclysmic tidal wave <<< obliterates >>> Naline!
Naline flees from combat!
Naline bleeds all over the ground.
Naline leaves north.
Your overwhelming tidal wave mauls Asyrious!
Your cataclysmic tidal wave mutilates Alarac!
Naline is in awful condition.

The Subterranean Serian River [Room 7128]
The crashing sounds of the river are magnified by the tunnel walls, becoming
almost unbearably loud here.  To the north and south, marble archways lead
back into the depths of the Serian sewers.  Above the southern arch, a cluster
of iron pipes has rusted solid, blocked by corrossion.  The river itself flows
west, the relentless current making movement east impossible.  A few lumps of
black waste float and bob in the water, leaving cloudy trails.


[Exits: north east south west]
     A very unsightly puddle of blood pools here.
Asyrious is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is here.

Alarac gets swept back, hangs flung at the walls as he scrambles for security.

Alarac yells in common, looking around, 'Naline!?'

From the north, Naline yells in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'I'm here.'

The rushing water continues on down the sewer, and the river appears otherwise calm.

Alarac leaves north.
You follow Alarac.
An Iron Grate [Room 7117]
The smell of decay and rot cloud the air here.  The rusted grate to the north
is crusted with inches of dried waste and filth.  Dark liquids flow between
the thin gaps in the iron bars, carrying black and brown clumps with them.
The deep sewage flows to the south, vanishing into the Serian river.  The
noise of the river echoes up into this short length of tunnel.


[Exits: south]
     A very unsightly puddle of blood pools here.
     A small oily blob floats here in the sewerage.
Alarac is here.
Naline is here.
Asyrious has arrived from the south.


Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'What the heck was that!'

Naline bleeds all over the ground.
A puddle of red blood dries up.

Asyrious attempts to bind Naline's wounds.
Asyrious successfully binds Naline's wounds.

Alarac pulls off his hat and, emitting a few gasps, wrings it out.

Asyrious attempts to bind Naline's wounds.
Asyrious successfully binds Naline's wounds.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Ugh... the solid crap in the water smacked me in the head good... Choked on the water and almost drowned.'

Asyrious questions in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'Water?'

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Whatever that large wave of sewage was...'

The river to the south glows blue for a brief moment as the sounds of rushing water die off.

Asyrious says in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'I thing big stuff debree from construction.'

Asyrious attempts to bind Naline's wounds.
Asyrious successfully binds Naline's wounds.

Alarac says to Naline in common, returning his hat atop wet, scraggly orange hair, 'But you did not drown. Let's persevere! And find something sturdy to grab next time.'

Naline nods at Alarac.

Asyrious nods his head twice in rapid succession.

Alarac perks up and peers off into the southern portion of the tunnel. After a pause, he rushes through the deep and murky waters in the direction of the glow.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Probably move slowly then...'

Naline holds an ouroboros charm carved from glistening shoham in his hand.

Alarac leaves south.
Asyrious leaves south.
You follow Alarac.
The Subterranean Serian River [Room 7128]
The crashing sounds of the river are magnified by the tunnel walls, becoming
almost unbearably loud here.  To the north and south, marble archways lead
back into the depths of the Serian sewers.  Above the southern arch, a cluster
of iron pipes has rusted solid, blocked by corrossion.  The river itself flows
west, the relentless current making movement east impossible.  A few lumps of
black waste float and bob in the water, leaving cloudy trails.


[Exits: north east south west]
Asyrious is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is here.
Naline has arrived from the north.


Alarac peers intently south.

Alarac peers intently east.

Asyrious looks around cautiously.

Naline stalks slowly behind Asyrious and Alarac.
Lifting his knees high, Alarac makes a lot of noise splashing along!

Alarac leaves east.
Naline leaves east.
You follow Alarac.
The Serian River [Room 7129]
Hushed voices come from above, muffled by the marble arches and formations.
The Serian River sparkles with reflected light from the thin beams that reach
down from the briefly-visible sky.  A few fresh breaths of cool air drift down
to the sewers through the shaft.  Currents drag everything west at a
relentless pace, tugging and pulling at the flotsam and jetsam of the river.
A few brown streaks on the walls show where the river has swollen this tunnel
during the wet season.


[Exits: east west up]
Naline is here.
Alarac is here.
Asyrious has arrived from the west.


Alarac peers intently up.

Alarac peers intently east.

Asyrious peers intently east.

A blue glow pulsates through the river, illuminating the walls and ceiling of the sewer in a web of lines.

Alarac says in common, eyes widening, 'Did I hit my head on something, or are you both seeing this? Is it coming from further up the river?'

Asyrious stares down at the water, flying higher.

Alarac squints against the illuminated tunnel ahead to the east.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Hrm...'

Naline peers intently east.

Alarac leaves east.
Asyrious leaves east.
You follow Alarac.
The Underground River [Room 7130]
A rusted grate in the ceiling drips black liquid down into the river.  Garbage
and waste swirl through the water, leaving dark clouds behind them.  To the
north and south, carved arches mark tunnels into the criss-crossing maze of
the sewers.  The Serian River runs west at a swift pace, the harsh current
making travel upstream impossible.  The thundering of the river is magnified
by the marble walls, becoming almost unbearable.


[Exits: north east south west]
Asyrious is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is here.
Naline has arrived from the west.


Asyrious peers intently up.

Alarac peers intently south.

Alarac peers intently north.

Among the sewage, clean water seems to be running through the river, so clear that the bottom can be seen briefly before the debris overwhelms it.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Weird water.'

Asyrious says in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'Rain run off?'

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Some old muck, and some really clean water... And No. Rain run-off is muddy as it comes down here.'

Alarac experimentally uses a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass to poke at the bottom of the river.

Naline says to Asyrious in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'It'd be as if there was a fresh water spring or something...'

Naline peers intently east.

Naline peers intently north.

Naline peers intently north.

Alarac keeps kicking at the water, poking around with his spear without paying heed to the path ahead.

Alarac leaves east.
Naline leaves east.
You follow Alarac.
The Subterranean Serian River [Room 7131]
The tunnel whips by as the current rushes everything to the west.  The marble
slabs are lined with dark streaks and smears, marks of old water levels.
Waste swirls through the liquid, leaving dark clouds trailing behind it.
Contained by the marble walls of the tunnel, the noise of the river is
deafening.  Indeed, mildewed putty tumbles from the ceiling where the sound
shakes it loose.


[Exits: east west]
Naline is here.
Alarac is here.
Asyrious has arrived from the west.


Asyrious peers intently east.

Alarac says in common, murmuring lowly, 'What if the lythren dropped the artifacts on their way fleeing? Maybe they are all still down here!'

Alarac leaves east.
Asyrious leaves east.
You follow Alarac.
The Start of the Serian River [Room 7132]
A massive, rusted grate in the eastern wall marks the start of the River
Seria.  Icy water blasts out through the iron bars, forcing everything to the
west.  The subterranean river shimmers with reflected light, a sign of the few
dim shafts that reach down from high above.  The passage in the marble ceiling
slabs lets a few breaths of air settle down to this level, adding to the
chill.  A few fragments of conversation also sink down from the streets,
muffled by the marble arches and formations


[Exits: north south west up]
Asyrious is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is here.
Naline has arrived from the west.


Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'We will see then. If one of the artifacts was dropped, then we need to be careful. They will most definitely be back for it.'

Naline peers intently north.

Naline peers intently south.

The sewers glow bright again with the web of lines as the sound of rushing water comes from further east.  This time, even the walls tremble.

Asyrious begins to fly.

Naline peers intently east.

The enormous wave mangles Naline!
The enormous wave hurts Asyrious!
The enormous wave injures Alarac!


The enormous wave mangles Naline!
The enormous wave hits Asyrious!
The enormous wave hurts Alarac!

The Start of the Serian River
A massive, rusted grate in the eastern wall marks the start of the River
Seria.  Icy water blasts out through the iron bars, forcing everything to the
west.  The subterranean river shimmers with reflected light, a sign of the few
dim shafts that reach down from high above.  The passage in the marble ceiling
slabs lets a few breaths of air settle down to this level, adding to the
chill.  A few fragments of conversation also sink down from the streets,
muffled by the marble arches and formations


[Exits: north south west up]
Naline is here.
Asyrious is here, floating in the air.

Naline winces.

The enormous wave mangles Naline!
Naline is stunned but will probably recover.
The enormous wave hurts Asyrious!
The enormous wave injures Alarac!

Asyrious says in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'Owwww.'

The enormous wave washes everyone down the river!

w
The Subterranean Serian River [Room 7131]
The tunnel whips by as the current rushes everything to the west.  The marble
slabs are lined with dark streaks and smears, marks of old water levels.
Waste swirls through the liquid, leaving dark clouds trailing behind it.
Contained by the marble walls of the tunnel, the noise of the river is
deafening.  Indeed, mildewed putty tumbles from the ceiling where the sound
shakes it loose.


[Exits: east west]
Alarac is here.
Asyrious is here, floating in the air.
Naline is lying here stunned.


Alarac tries to swim out of the way of the rushing water, getting swept down before he gets too far.

Asyrious attempts to bind Naline's wounds.
Asyrious successfully binds Naline's wounds.

The enormous wave injures Alarac!
The enormous wave hurts Asyrious!
The enormous wave devastates Naline!
Naline is stunned but will probably recover.
Naline bleeds all over the ground.

Asyrious gently lands on the ground.

Asyrious attempts to bind Naline's wounds.
Asyrious successfully binds Naline's wounds.
Naline bleeds all over the ground.
A puddle of red blood dries up.

The enormous wave injures Alarac!
The enormous wave hurts Asyrious!
The enormous wave demolishes Naline!
Naline is stunned but will probably recover.

/* They drag Naline out of the water. */

l
A Marble Tunnel [Room 7110]
Large piles of filth can be seen pushed up against the sides of the marble
walls.  Dark clumps litter the floor, along with the moldy and decaying waste
that waits for drainage water to help it continue its passing.  Small bones of
rodents are mixed in with the clutter, having been cleaned of their flesh.
The walls rise around in a cylindrical form, giving this part of the tunnel an
oval shape.  Scratch marks on the slabs break through the muddy stains to let
the white color of the stone show through.


[Exits: north south]
     A puddle of warm golden liquid pools here.
     A very unsightly puddle of blood pools here.
Alarac is here.
Naline is lying here stunned.
Asyrious is here, floating in the air.

Asyrious attempts to bind Naline's wounds.
Asyrious successfully binds Naline's wounds.

Naline stands up.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Frig.'

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'What kind of wave is that.'


Asyrious says in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'Painful!'

Naline gets a large leather waterskin from a simple cloth backpack.
Naline drinks water from a large leather waterskin.

Alarac spits out dirty water. When they're mostly on  dry footing, Alarac slumps against a wall and coughs violently.

Naline bleeds all over the ground.
Alarac bleeds all over the ground.

The sewers tremble with the crashing sound of water farther south.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Ugh...'

Alarac says in common 'Let's get out of the tunnels before we all drown!'

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Do any of you have any food? I think I puked out everything in my body.'

Alarac stops using a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass.
Alarac holds a dull, hexagonal crystal in his hand.

Alarac utters the words, 'portal'.
A shimmering gate rises up from the ground.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes has arrived from the north.

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Give me a minute. I can't move a single step right now.'

Naline bleeds all over the ground.
Alarac bleeds all over the ground.
A puddle of golden blood dries up.
A puddle of red blood dries up.

Asyrious attempts to bind Naline's wounds.
Asyrious successfully binds Naline's wounds.

Alarac hops at the portal after shooting a nervous look at the southern tunnel.

Asyrious attempts to bind Alarac's wounds.
Asyrious successfully binds Alarac's wounds.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes steps out of the darkness.
A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says in sslyn, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Abovegrounders eeding some help?'

Alarac grabs a hold of Naline.

Alarac huffs and puffs, but can't drag Naline through a shimmering gate.

Naline stands up.

Asyrious attempts to bind Naline's wounds.
Asyrious successfully binds Naline's wounds.

Asyrious attempts to bind Alarac's wounds.
Asyrious successfully binds Alarac's wounds.

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Pardon me?'

Alarac stumbles before hitting the gate, turning halfway around to glare at a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes.

Alarac wields a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes's eyes narrow as he slinks back, leaving most of his body in shadow.

Asyrious looks at a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes.

Naline puts his hand onto Alarac, holding him back.

Naline says to Alarac in common, whispering quietly, 'Don't do anything rash...'

Asyrious raises his axes before him, stepping infront of Naline.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in sslyn, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Your people are often in need of help here, it seems.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Shame you do not bother to learn our tongue when you crawl among us.'

Alarac says to Naline in common, dirty, sopping wet body hunched, 'Do you understand a word it's saying?'

A shimmering gate fades out of existence.

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, chuckling soflty, 'Yet fortunately, you know of our language well enough.'

Naline looks at a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'You will recover... I think there is little we could sell to you in terms of aid.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes casts a fleeting look to the south, the only indication that he has moved a slight shift to his eyes.

Alarac says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, eye twitching as he squints at the shadows, 'Lythren are not known for their compassion. Are you responsible for the waves?'

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, tilting his head somewhat, 'Then you have seen that crazy wave of water?.... Has it been always as such?'

Naline turns his head back toward Alarac quickly, and gives a silent frown of disapproval.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Alarac in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'I am no such great magician.  I do not protest.  It protects this sewer from those who come intending harm.'

Asyrious peers intently east.

Alarac says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common 'Intruders. You've been getting a lot lately, haven't you?'

Naline sits down and rests.

Asyrious looks at Alarac.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Alarac in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'I am done here.  My people are not known to enjoy company, especially of those from above.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes leaves north.

Naline yells in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Wait...'

Asyrious looks from Alarac to the departing lythren.

Alarac peers intently north.

Asyrious peers intently east.

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'We need to get on their good side, not chase them off.'

Alarac takes off after the departing lythren.

Alarac leaves north.

/* Alarac and Asyrious walk around. */

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'My legs still won't listen to me...'

Alarac utters the words, 'create fruit'.
A bunch of grapes suddenly appears.

Alarac gives a bunch of grapes to Naline.

Naline eats a bunch of grapes.

Naline sits down and rests.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'One more minute and I should be better.'

Alarac says to Naline in common 'Drowning is bad for spontaneous chases! Lythren are better hiders than they are fleers, anyway.'

Alarac peers intently north.

Asyrious says in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'There is a intersection, and snake down no tunnel.'

The sewer trembles with the sound of crashing water.  Even here, the light from its surface illuminates the walls.

Asyrious looks around, watching the light nervously.

Alarac says to Asyrious in common 'You saw it when you ran down there?'

Naline peers intently north.

Naline stands up.

Naline utters the words, 'refresh'.

Alarac leaves north.
Nadine leaves north.
You follow Alarac.
A Quartet of Marble Arches [Room 7095]
Two tunnels cross here, and the intersection is marked by a quartet of
magnificent arches.  Carved from snowy marble, the gleaming structures look
far too elaborate for a sewer.  The tunnel to the north looks extremely dark,
and the smells of rot and mildew are very strong in that direction.  Most of
the sewage flows to the south, where a faint, rushing noise can be heard
echoing.  A few thin eddies of waste curl into the western tunnel.  A rusted
pipe over the eastern arch is filled with dried filth, and seems to be
completely blocked.


[Exits: north east south west]
Naline is here.
Alarac is here.
A gray rat scurries along, its claws chattering on the tunnel.
(Red Aura) A tall, gaunt figure stands here, its head bowed in prayer.
(Red Aura) A tall, gaunt figure stands here, its head bowed in prayer.
Asyrious has arrived from the south.


Alarac peers intently east.

Naline looks at a tall, dark figure.

Alarac peers intently west.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Hrm...'

Asyrious questions in common, with an aged and raspy tenor, 'Did you see a snake slither through?'

Asyrious gives a tall, dark figure some coins.

A tall, dark figure doesn't say anything, but points northward.

Asyrious gives a tall, dark figure some coins.

Alarac says in common 'One of the artifacts MUST be caught in that grate.'

/* etc */
Alarac leaves north.
Naline leaves north.
You follow Alarac.
A Clapboard Intersection [Room 7057]
Boards from the sewer wall are scattered about the floor, coated with dirt.
To the west, a tunnel can be seen stretching through the the wall.  The
serpentine shape of the sewer continues its run north and south, the planks
resembling the scales of a snake.  Blood splatters can be seen mixed with the
black and brown stains on the sewer walls.  Small pipes peek out from the
walls, their rusted openings wet with sludge or slime.  Patches of a dark
green powdery substance float on the water that covers the floor.


[Exits: north south west]
     A pile of rotting trash lies here.
Naline is here.
Alarac is here.
(Red Aura) A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes is here, digging through a pile of sewer waste.
A man-shaped pile of sewer waste trembles along, trailing brown smears.
A man-shaped pile of sewer waste trembles along, trailing brown smears.
Asyrious has arrived from the south.


Naline gets a triangular silver coin from a pile of trash.

Asyrious looks at a pile of sewer waste.

A pile of sewer waste has arrived from the west.

Naline looks at a pile of sewer waste.

Naline looks at a pile of sewer waste.

Alarac charges up, despite some lag time, bounding through the waste.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes pulls out what looks to be the very foul remains of a tunic.  He holds it up before him as if trying to see if it would fit.

A pile of sewer waste leaves west.

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Perhaps we got off to a wrong start...'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Speak softly, lest you attract the bu'ria here.'

Asyrious gives a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes some coins.

Naline slowly walks closer, with his hands opened and lowered in a peaceful posture.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes rolls the handful of coins and narrows his eyes, considering.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes tosses the remains of the tunic into the heap of refuse and adjusts his coils, turning more fully to Asyrious.

Alarac says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common 'We are looking to buy something. You slithery types usually know who might help us with buying things, right?'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Asyrious in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'There is no such thing as charity to my people.'

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'Better info might bring better gold, aye.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Alarac in common, neutrally, 'We sell what we find.'

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'Charity this bartering.'

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, nodding somewhat, 'May the group of us see what you have to sell right now?'

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Or perhaps you've found some more... Interesting... objects?'

Naline peers his eyes as he looks at a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'I think I have little of interest to you.  Those above have not tossed or lost much recently.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes shoves a hand into a sleeve of his robe and pulls out a handful of items, mostly dirty rings and broken bracelets.

A pile of sewer waste leaves south.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes drops a dented silver ring.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes drops a bloodstained gold ring.

Alarac slants Naline a confused glance, brow lifting.

A pile of sewer waste has arrived from the west.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes gets a bloodstained gold ring.
A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes gets a dented silver ring.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says in common, gathering the two dropped rings, 'Not much of interest, you see.  Pickings are slim with all the lythren about these days.'

Naline says in common, nodding slightly as he observes the items before him, 'I see. What about things not tossed out?'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Such as?'

Alarac says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, looking back to him, 'We are looking for something more important. We have a lot of gold for it, too! I am a patron of the Tower and am hunting for artifacts.'

Asyrious looks at a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes's lip curls distastefully as he backs away from the group.

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'There were some expensive items that was purposefully /lost/, if you know what I mean. Perhaps one of your members would have more information on it?'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'This will end with me on a pike, won't it?'

Naline moves up closer, separating a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes and Alarac.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Quiet yourself, or the bu'ria will come.'

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, shaking his head while speaking softly, 'No. This is your home here. You will not end up on a pike...'

Alarac says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, lifting a palm forward, speaking quietly, 'If you've made a life down here, you are too clever to end up on a pike.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a hiss of breath, 'Swear it.'

A pile of sewer waste leaves south.

A pile of sewer waste has arrived from the south.

Alarac thinks in common 'This is quite the moral quandry. Who to help. Myself? I could have the artifacts and report failure to the Coterie.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Alarac in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'You are right in that.  I am not such a fool to listen to a bunch of strangers promising safety for what I know.'

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, frowning his eyes upon a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes, 'If you do not lie to us or intent to hurt us, then at least /I/ will not do so. I swear so, on the Lord Eternal.'

Naline bows his head slightly, as he mutters a quick, silent prayer.

A pile of sewer waste leaves north.

Alarac says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common 'I would never promise you safety for what you know! Information is dangerous. But as far as I know, you don't exist after we get what we need.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says in common, holding up both hands, one with a twin-bladed pynium punch dagger in it, 'I have nothing of value you seek on me, in case you are thinking of piking me.'

Alarac thinks to himself in common 'If he leads us to the artifacts, and we can return them, why can't we tell the Coterie we lost him in the tunnels?'

Naline peers back at the tunnels behind them.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes peers southward as well.

Asyrious looks around nervously.

Alarac says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, diminutive shoulders slumping, 'We've nothing to gain from killing you. It wouldn't be in our interest, even if we were murderous thugs - which we are not.'

Alarac's hushed tone trails off as he glances over a shoulder to the south, eyes rapidly evaluating the waters.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Those statues are part of something bigger.  Some sort of big, sinister magic.  What, I do not know.  I am no such magician.'

Asyrious thinks in common 'Says you...'

Alarac thinks in common 'The bounty hunters didn't want him because he is a thief. He did nothing wrong, did he? It's what he claims, it seems.'

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, peering his eyes, 'Then at least you /do/ know why we are down here.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'It is what everyone has been in the sewers for, why my people die when they are caught.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Elistir said, "Take them.  Sell them.  Split them.  That will prevent their use."  That is what we did with the statues.'

Asyrious questions in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'Caught?'

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, nodding slightly, 'I have seen one of your people, on the streets above. Piked...'

Alarac says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, voice hushed into an urgent whisper, 'We're only interested in recovering the pieces. Nothing more; nothing bloody. Who is Elistir?'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Alarac in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'If you return them to /those/ people, something terrible will befall us all.'

Asyrious thinks in common 'Sold great...'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes raises one hand, the index finger pointing directly upwards at the ceiling.  He tilts his head back, following his own movement.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'The piked one is Elistir.'

Alarac says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, tone sharp, voice lowered, '-What- will befall us? What is worth risking your life stealing from those people?'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Alarac in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'I do not know.  He said it was a summoning.'

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, frowning to himself, 'So. Have you sold and split them then? According to Elistir?'

A vicious gray rat has arrived from the north.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes lips thin and he pauses, folding his arms beneath his cloak.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'There have been... difficulties.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Magic things.'

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, nodding slightly, 'Of course there have been difficulties. They are hot items. Hard to sell and harder to get rid of without attracting the wrong attention.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'No.  It is not as simple as handing them off.'

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'Probably one o' a kind.'

A pile of sewer waste has arrived from the north.

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'By the way, before we go any further. What's the bu'ria you were mentioning?'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Shhh!'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes looks all around.

Naline nods slightly toward a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes as he looks around.

Alarac says to Naline in common, chomping his teeth before speaking, 'It is a big creature that haunts these tunnels.'

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'Nasty thing...'

Naline nods silently in a quick nod.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'You've seen the first of our efforts to disperse the artifacts.  It is in the river, and we cannot lift it out of there.'

Asyrious mutters to himself, touching his throat.

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, '/one/ of them is in the river, i suppose?'

Prog  The sound of dripping water echoes hollowly through the sewers.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Shh!'

Naline gives a quick sigh, as he silently nods.

Naline peers intently south.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes takes a deep breath and lets it out slowly, the air hissing between his teeth.

Asyrious questions in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'Question perhaps the pieces need to be together to move?'

A vicious gray rat leaves west.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'You've seen what the water does.  We cannot find the thing, let alone brave the waters to pull it out.  It has likely been washed far downstream.'

Alarac thinks to himself in common 'So do we gather them and keep them for ourselves? Would that not spite the Coterie? I don't know if that's something I want to do.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'I doubt you will find it, but if you do, take it far, far away.  Do not let them have it.'

A pile of sewer waste leaves north.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Asyrious in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Where is the further payment?'

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'There is a muddy, thin area near the edge o' the forest, one would hope it did get past there.'

Prog  The sound of dripping water echoes hollowly through the sewers.

Alarac says to Naline in common 'I think we've a plan to formulate, too.'

Asyrious gives a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes some coins.

Naline says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, speaking softly, 'Where did you drop it initially? The waves still come from the statue. Also, where are the other ones?'

Alarac thinks in common 'The waves come from the grate. Where's the river before that?'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says in common, tucking the coins away, 'I dropped it in the sewers around here, but it was drawn to the water with such force that it ripped through earth and stone to reach it.  I presume it is in the water now.'

Naline nods silently as he waits for a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes to continue.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says to Naline in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'Summoning, they said it was for.  Demons, gods, something powerful.  Elistir said we could not let it be.'

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes says in common, in a soft, breathy baritone, 'I do not know where the others have gone.  There have not been mishaps as with this one.'

Alarac says to a midnight black lythren with crimson eyes in common, murmuring at him, 'Then I've no other questions. Don't get piked. Maybe we will see you again in the flesh, soon.'

A vicious gray rat has arrived from the west.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes utters the words, 'invisibility'.
A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes fades out of existence.

A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes utters the words, 'roam'.
A midnight black lythren with crimson eyes roams into the shadows.

A vicious gray rat has arrived from the south.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Well. That certainly went well.'

Alarac says to Naline in common 'We have some things to consider! Let's get out of the tunnels for now.'

Naline nods at Alarac.

A vicious gray rat leaves west.

Alarac gets a dull, hexagonal crystal from a lacquered black case with irium clasps.

Alarac stops using a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass.

Alarac holds a dull, hexagonal crystal in his hand.

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'To somewhere more private, if you will.'

Alarac utters the words, 'portal'.
A shimmering gate rises up from the ground.

Alarac enters a shimmering gate.
You follow Alarac.
You enter a shimmering gate, heading somewhere distinctly else.
The Battered Bar of the Manhunters [Room 814]
This cramped and stuffy bar is dimly-lit by the wide fireplace against the
southern wall.  Oaken floorboards covered in dents and scrapes form lines of
alternating dark and light wood across the floor.  Fading red paint that
borders on the brown of dried human blood covers the pitted and damaged walls
of the establishment.  Antique weapons, animal skins, and trophy heads clutter
the walls, adding an animal smell to that of stale ale.  A narrow staircase in
the northeast corner leads upward to the second floor, while the entrance of
the shop opens to South Street to the west.


[Exits: (west) (up) (down)]
     A pile of furs and skins lies against the north wall.
     Rickety wooden tables provide seating throughout the bar.
     The matted hide of a large brown bear stretches across the floor here.
Alarac is here.
(Red Aura) Terka perches atop the pile of furs here.
Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters', polishes mugs at the counter.
You enter Nexus territory.
Naline has arrived through a shimmering gate.


Alarac stops using a dull, hexagonal crystal.

Alarac wields a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass.

Alarac says to Gerlaz in common 'Entry please, Gerlaz.'

Gerlaz says to Alarac in common, digging around in his apron, 'Here you go.  Don't leave your stuff lying around up there.'

Gerlaz hands Alarac a copper skeleton key with a broken handle.

Oprog (814) Alarac lifts the rug and exposes the trapdoor underneath.

Alarac unlocks the trapdoor below.
Alarac opens the trapdoor below.

Alarac leaves down.
Naline leaves down.
You follow Alarac.
A Shadowy Basement Filled with Wooden Supports [Room 812]
A single lantern hangs from one of the many wooden beams that hold the ceiling
up.  The basement is dark as the lantern's light fails to penetrate the
farthest reaches.  The floor is nothing but hard-packed dirt and the walls
crudely-mortared stone.  The basement is quite spacious despite the poker
table in one corner piled high with oddities.  Among their number is a leather
bag of sand, a slate board, grimy mugs, and a broken dummy.  A wooden ladder
leads up to the trapdoor that leads out of the basement, while a square of
stone in a corner contains a rectangular sewer grate.


[Exits: up (down)]
     A cask with rusty iron bands forms a ring of dampness in the corner.
     A circle of fading plaid armchairs occupies the center of the basement.
Naline is here.
Alarac is here.

Alarac closes the trapdoor above.
Alarac locks the trapdoor above.

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Hrm.'

Naline nods at Alarac.

Alarac says to Naline in common, admitting, 'I do not know what to do.'

Naline says to Alarac in common, frowning slightly as he nods in agreement, 'Aye. It is indeed a troubling scenario.'

Alarac says in common, teetering a hand in the air, 'Thieving lythren are not good, but neither is immense power being in the hands of shady people.'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'However, from the tone of lythren, summonings is definitely not good.'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Also, you know of my stance toward summoned beings. Those abominations do not exist in our natural realm, and should not exist.'

Alarac says to Naline in common, eyes narrowing pensively, 'Yes! Perhaps it is the best option to keep them to ourselves, then. Certainly we won't ruin the world with them.'

Naline says in common, shaking his head vigorously, 'Keeping it? No. It will be too easily lost and stolen if we simply "keep it". I suggest that we destroy it, or allow me to sacrifice them to Lord Eternal.'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'After all, Lord Eternal governs Existance and Death. His powers can most definitely destroy the statues and take away their powers.'

Alarac says to Naline in common, eyes widening, 'Destroy them!? But if they have great power, they should be studied!'

Naline says to Alarac in common, nodding in agreement, 'And how will you study them without making sure they will not be used or stolen?'

Alarac says to Naline in common 'Well, I won't activate them. And I can't imagine who they could be with now that is more secure than me!'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Perhaps you would destroy one of them to ensure the entire set is compromised. Then you can study the others with much less risk.'

Alarac says to Naline in common, placidly, 'Maybe. We will see what we find before committing to a course of action, I think. I have to let the Nexus know what we found.'

Alarac thinks in common 'And the Crusade, I suppose.'

Alarac thinks in common 'But if I'm to collect the entire set for myself...'

/* The rest is a debate about whether to share the info or not.  Alarac is in
   favor of sharing with his Nexus friends, while Naline wants to keep the info
   quiet so the Coterie don't find out. */
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2014, 07:34:37 PM »
  • Alarac and Imbria retrieve the jaguar from the reservoir.  It was pulling water in through the grate.
  • They bring it to Szaloch in the basilica and try to haggle for a chance to view the ritual.  Szaloch is offended that they are making requests, and says it will be by the Coterie's graces if anything more than the offer is granted.
  • They're given 750 gold for their troubles.
  • Szaloch reveals that the tabby is in his possession and it is associated with no element.  The other pieces are each associated with one element.  He thinks the fire one will reveal itself soon since it is out of balance.
---------

Alarac says in common, looking from Xaviuz to Rowan and back, 'I was going to talk to my Compass about great feats of magic and other boring things. Excuse us for a little while!'

Rowan says to Alarac in common, in a deep rumbling voice, 'My your tail is bare like a human.'

Alarac says in common, looking from Xaviuz to Rowan and back, 'I was going to talk to my Compass about great feats of magic and other boring things. Excuse us for a little while!'

Xaviuz says to Alarac in common, with a nod, 'Let me not keep you from duty. Fare the well.'

Imbria waves.

/* etc */

Imbria leaves up.
Alarac leaves up.
You follow Imbria.
A Rickety Loft Atop the Manhunters' Place [Room 813]
Rough, misaligned wooden planks cover the floor of this loft in a knotty
surface underfoot.  Fading red paint covers the plain walls, and a water stain
from an old leak in the roof darkens the eastern wall.  A wide window spans
the upper half of the western wall, providing a view of the brightly-colored
tents on the boardwalk of Darkwater Borough.  Scraggly creeper plants in
chipped clay pots line the windowsill and extend their thin vines downwards.
Paths and footprints through the thin layer of dust on the floor evidence
recent movement, but otherwise the room smells of stale disuse.


[Exits: down]
     Three creaky wooden chairs have been pushed along one wall.
     A dusty bed with mismatched red and blue linens sags in one corner.
Alarac is here.
(Translucent) Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.

Imbria closes the door below.

Imbria locks the door below.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she flops onto the bed, 'Why would you /ever/ think that I had gold draggers?'

Imbria gently lands on the ground.

Alarac sits down in a creaky wooden chair and slumps into the seat, huffing at Imbria.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'I don't! I was teasing him. And now he knows you don't either, if he was suspicious in the first place!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, with a small pout, 'I'd only just met him too, you know.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Then I hope I did not give you a bad reputation! You didn't enslave anybody while he was watching, so I think we're safe.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, pouting some more, 'I /hope/ so. He seemed sort of interesting if a bit.. too cheery.'

Imbria looks at Alarac.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she rolls onto her side, 'So- what's this about the thief? What happened?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, holding up a finger, 'Rather- tell me all the parts that had to be omitted from your letter.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, admitting, 'I didn't omit much! The dead lythren's name was Elistir. Did you read the whole letter I sent about it?'

Alarac nervously pulls at the hem of a bloody web of crimson tendrils.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, bobbing her head, 'I did! I thought you might have omitted say- the really bloody or disgusting bits!'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, head shaking, 'We did not get bloody. The lythren we talked to told us about the artifacts and slithered off. He didn't steal anything or have any of the artifacts, so it seemed harmful to subdue him!'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, asking then, 'Should we go investigate the artifact we know about? The one in the river. I'm not sure how to get to it at all.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, after a short pause, '..The river or to Shegath? It's definitely, definitely two different things.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'The river! Maybe. He said he dropped the artifact in the sewer and it "was drawn such by the water that it broke through stone and earth", or something like that.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Do you know where the river starts? That is where it felt like the source of energy was. We kept getting pelted with waves from the grate where the river is fed from.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, thoughtfully, 'You mean.. from the other end? Doesn't.. does the river flow from Ki Baltan to Seria or Seria to..'

/* maybe lost some stuff here. */

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Yes! Let's look down by Ki Baltan first. I don't want to get swept into a hole by the sewage waves if we can try the other place first!'

Imbria beams delightedly.

Alarac stands up.

Imbria gets a small impish horn from a rucksack made from the hide of a large white polar bear.

Imbria stops using a thick quarterstaff of fiery quartz.

Imbria holds a small impish horn in her hand.

Imbria utters the words, 'portal'.
A shimmering gate rises up from the ground.

Imbria wields a thick quarterstaff of fiery quartz.

Imbria sheaths a thick quarterstaff of fiery quartz into a slung backsheath of tooled cerulean leather.

Imbria utters the words, 'levitate'.
Imbria rises and floats above the ground.

/* In which they look up and down the river, but finally make it to the start. */


Imbria leaves down.
Alarac leaves down.
You follow Alarac.
The Start of the Serian River [Room 7132]
A massive, rusted grate in the eastern wall marks the start of the River
Seria.  Icy water blasts out through the iron bars, forcing everything to the
west.  The subterranean river shimmers with reflected light, a sign of the few
dim shafts that reach down from high above.  The passage in the marble ceiling
slabs lets a few breaths of air settle down to this level, adding to the
chill.  A few fragments of conversation also sink down from the streets,
muffled by the marble arches and formations


[Exits: north south west up]
Alarac is here, floating in the air.
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!

Imbria says in common, as she winces again, 'Ah! Er- this is it, yeah?'

Imbria peers intently south.

Imbria peers intently west.

Imbria peers intently north.

Alarac scrambles to find something sturdy to grab on to, settling to hover above the water.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, pointing at the grate, 'Yes! Do you think it is in there?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she peers intently east, '..Maybe? Do you want to try and fish it out?'

Water rushes through the grate, flying upward from deep underground.  Some of the loose stones around the grate grate against each other with the abundant flow.

Imbria reflexively floats backward as the water surges. She looks sheepish and floats closer to the grate again.

Far to the west, the river glows blue, projecting a network of watery lines on the tunnel walls.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, nudging at her with the butt of his spear, 'You should try and see! Just...'

In response, a large wave crashes through the grate.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she flinches from the jab of the butt of the spear, 'Just what?! Wait, what's it doing?'

An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
Oprog (1200) echo>The wave washes everything downriver!
Alarac leaves west.
Imbria leaves west.

/* I follow them down the river, cutting out extra stuff. */

Alarac says to Imbria in common, trying to talk through water hitting his face, 'Wetht! Down the river. We should chase the light, shouldn't we? It's calling the waves!'

Prog echo> The sound of dripping water echoes hollowly through the sewers.

An enormous wave barely hurts Imbria!
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!
Oprog (1236) echo>The wave washes everything downriver!
Imbria leaves west.
Alarac leaves west.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she flails, 'Where- where are we- what's happening?!'

Alarac tugs Imbria out of the river's main channel.

Alarac leaves south.
Imbria leaves south.
A Marble Sewer [Room 7139]
The dark fluids flows to the north here, carrying clumps of filth and waste
with them.  Rushing water can also be heard in that direction.  The marble
walls that make up this section of the sewer are threaded with veins of cobalt
blue.  Yellow putty runs between the curved slabs, sealing the foul liquids
inside the tunnel.  The smells of rot and decay waft in the air, hanging like
clouds.


[Exits: north south]
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is here, floating in the air.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, wringing out some of his loose clothes, 'How MESSY. We need to go back down the river! If we can chase the pulsating light, I feel like we'll find the source. Which must be the artifact!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, dubiously, 'So.. not the grate? You should have gone in and tried to see if there was anything there- you're much smaller than me!'

Alarac gives Imbria a miserable, dripping wet look.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, deciding, 'We don't get nearly drowned to death down stream. Let's look for any signs further down and get some poor soul to dive for us otherwise?'

Imbria echoes Alarac's look with an equally miserable pout of her own.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, crossing her arms, 'Fine! But we have to come back here- we haven't even /seen/ the artifact and this /is/ where the waves are the strongest.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'It might just be because it's where all the water comes from. Did you see the blue light coming from back down the way?'

Alarac utters the words, 'aquatic breath'.
Alarac can now breathe underwater.

Alarac utters the words, 'aquatic breath'.

Alarac utters the words, 'waterwalk'.
Alarac appears lighter on his feet.

Alarac utters the words, 'waterwalk'.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, grudgingly, 'I did- I didn't really recognise the waterways it showed though- but it was blue and stuff.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she points west, 'You lead us there, okay?'

Alarac nods and heads on back into the surging waters to the north!

Alarac leaves north.
Imbria leaves north.
You follow Imbria.
The Underground River [Room 7130]
A rusted grate in the ceiling drips black liquid down into the river.  Garbage
and waste swirl through the water, leaving dark clouds behind them.  To the
north and south, carved arches mark tunnels into the criss-crossing maze of
the sewers.  The Serian River runs west at a swift pace, the harsh current
making travel upstream impossible.  The thundering of the river is magnified
by the marble walls, becoming almost unbearable.


[Exits: north east south west]
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is here, floating in the air.
An enormous wave barely hurts Imbria!
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!

/* a whole lot of waves going down the river. */

Prog echo> The tunnels glow with a network of light, reflected off of the river's glowing waters.

A Swirling Reservoir in the Sewers [Room 7124]
The turbulent water rushes by at almost blinding speed, crashing against the
marble walls.  This cistern has overflowed with the combined fluids of the
sewers and the Serian River, turning into a seething maelstrom.  To the west
is the eye of this underground whirlpool.  The raging currents pull hard to
the south.  The echoing noise is all but deafening.


[Exits: north east south west]
Alarac is here, floating in the air.
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.

Alarac pauses, here, over the swiling reservoir.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, excitedly, as she points east, 'Didn't you see that? The light!'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, peering down into the water, 'If something was dropped around here, wouldn't it end up here?'

Imbria leaves west.
You follow Imbria.
The Center of a Raging Reservoir [Room 7123]
Here at the eye of the whirlpool, the currents lessen their grip slightly.
The whirling maelstrom rages around this point, whipping clumps of waste and
filth around.  The waters rush by at almost blinding speed.  The noise is
slightly lessened here at the center of the cistern, but still shakes the
marble slabs of the ceiling.  The spinning waters pull down in the eye,
yanking small objects under the surface, but the harsh surface currents lie
just a short distance in any direction.  The water swirls around a point in
the center of the cistern, its darkness suggesting more if one were to dive
deeper.


[Exits: north east south west down]
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Alarac has arrived from the east.


Imbria peers intently down.

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'Wouldn't it be /here/?'

The entire reservoir is glowing with blue light.  The swirling refuse swirls like so many orbiting planets.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, somewhat mesmerized, 'It's.. beautiful.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Yes! We should take a breath and try not to die.'

Alarac nervously zips toward the center of the raging mass of sewage, water, and light.

A large wave drags Alarac downward, into the center of the reservoir!

d
The Whirlpool [Room 7182]
The waters churn and seethe here, almost impossible to make sense of.  The
currents spin and whip around, pulling everything down from the surface above.
Down below the maelstrom, a hole can be seen in the marble floor, and the
current flowing out of it is contributing to the whirlpool.  This crude vent
seems to lead north.  This deep below the water, below ground, the temperature
is brutally, painfully cold.  A bit of light shines from the river above,
possibly accessible if one were to attempt to surface.


[Exits: north up]

Rprog (7123) echo>Alarac plunges down from the swirling vortex above.

Alarac has arrived from above.

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue.
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!

l
The Whirlpool [Room 7182]
The waters churn and seethe here, almost impossible to make sense of.  The
currents spin and whip around, pulling everything down from the surface above.
Down below the maelstrom, a hole can be seen in the marble floor, and the
current flowing out of it is contributing to the whirlpool.  This crude vent
seems to lead north.  This deep below the water, below ground, the temperature
is brutally, painfully cold.  A bit of light shines from the river above,
possibly accessible if one were to attempt to surface.


[Exits: north up]
     (Magical) (Glowing) An onyx jaguar statuette with sapphire eyes crouches here.
Alarac is here, floating in the air.

Rprog (7123) echo>Imbria plunges down from the swirling vortex above.
Imbria has arrived from above.

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue.
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!

Alarac gurgles at Imbria!

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'I can't understand you!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'Wait- can you understand me?!'

You drop a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, rubbing at his throat, 'Yes! You sound like a fish.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, pointing at the statuette, 'But we found it- we /found it/-'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue.
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!

Imbria says in common, as she winces, 'We definitely found it.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, after a short pause, '..Should we take it out of water? Think it'll stop making ridiculous waves if it's out of the water?'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue.
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!

Alarac paddles for a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar after getting slammed into a wall, eyes squinting against the water.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, over a shoulder, 'Yes! Let's get it out. Can you make a portal down here? To somewhere out of the way.'

Imbria gets a small impish horn from a rucksack made from the hide of a large white polar bear.
Imbria holds a small impish horn in her hand.

The tunnel trembles with the coursing water above.

/* I was purging stuff here. */

Alarac Smote>a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar secured in his fist, Alarac kicks for the portal.

Imbria acks at the sight of Alarac's and hastily tries to push him into a shimmering gate.

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue.
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!
Alarac bleeds all over the ground.
A puddle of golden blood dries up.

Alarac bleeds all over the ground.
Alarac enters a shimmering gate.
Imbria bleeds all over the ground.
Imbria enters a shimmering gate.
You enter a shimmering gate, heading somewhere distinctly else.
A Wide Wheat Field [Room 2550]
A slight breeze flows across the field, making the wheat sway back and forth,
creating a golden field of oceanic waves dancing to unheard music.  A large
forest closes off the fields to the south, the immense trees making it
impossible to pass through.  The wheat of the fields is a golden color, which
almost seems to sparkle and shine in whatever light hits it just right.  The
stalks are planted closely together, and the rows are almost invisible, placed
together so thinly.  Clusters of seeds can be seen growing on the top of each
stalk of wheat, and small golden colored hairs grow out from between them.


[Exits: north east west]
     A very unsightly puddle of blood pools here.
     A puddle of warm golden liquid pools here.
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here.
Alarac is here.
A brightly colored butterfly flutters through the air here.
A field mouse with very large ears sits here huddled on the ground.
Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue.
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!

Alarac is accompanied out of the portal with Imbria and a big wave that darkens the field.

Iskvarren Pecho to Alarac>Even out of the water, the jaguar's onyx form remains slick.  It is quite slippery in your fingers, and does not seem to dry.

Imbria says in common, as she flops onto a patch of matted down wheat stalks, gasping, 'That was /horrible/.'

Alarac sits up, leaking golden blood from where his head collided with the wall. He's grinning, though, and holds the statuette victorious for Imbria's inspection.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she shuffles over to make grabby hand motions at the johgo, 'Let me see! I want to see!'

Alarac gives a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar to Imbria.

Alarac lets the thing go easily, flopping his body back with a heavy, happy sigh.

Imbria utters the words, 'identify'.
Imbria gathers information on a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar.

A large-eared field mouse has arrived from the east.

Iskvarren Pecho to Imbria>Even out of the water, the jaguar's onyx form remains slick.  It is quite slippery in your fingers, and does not seem to dry.

Imbria utters the words, 'identify'.
Imbria gathers information on a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, tone matter of fact, 'I was not built a fish for a reason, Imbria! Who has the endurance to battle waves like that?'

Imbria utters the words, 'identify'.
Imbria gathers information on a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar.

Imbria utters the words, 'identify'.
Imbria gathers information on a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar.

Imbria utters the words, 'identify'.
Imbria gathers information on a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar.

Imbria utters the words, 'identify'.
Imbria gathers information on a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar.

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue.
An enormous wave barely hurts Imbria!
An enormous wave barely hits Alarac!

Alarac bleeds all over the ground.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she hefts the statuette in her hand, then with two hands as it almost slips from her grasp, 'Ah! It feels like- like something wet still. Wet and /expensive/.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, scurrying away from her, 'Agh. What should we DO with it? Do you think it's wise to give it back to the Coterie?'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave faintly hits Imbria!
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'I... don't remember. I think I just said we were looking for them and wanted information! What if they do something awful with these?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'What are /we/ supposed to do with these? It's hitting us every time it pulses with that weird light!'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave faintly hits Imbria!
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!

Imbria utters the words, 'ethereal prism'.
Imbria fractures her energy into its component elements.
A shield of protective elements forms around Imbria.

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!

Imbria utters the words, 'ethereal prism'.
Imbria fractures her energy into its component elements.
A shield of protective elements forms around Alarac.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'We could contain it somewhere I bet! Uck. I would feel better about giving them back if they promised us we could witness whatever they are for!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, slowly, 'And if they gave us a reward. It feels /expensive/ Alarac.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, agreeably, 'Rewards in addition to letting us see what they do with them when the set is complete! We can keep them to their word when we find the last one.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'And what will we do with this- hold it hostage until we find the whole set?'

A tanned man leaves east.

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'No! We'll make them promise to let us see the final product. We'll make SURE they do by holding the last one hostage!'

Imbria says in common, wincing, 'And get flooded everytime like-'

The field mice spin and spin like furry tops in the deluge as they are washed away.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, perking up, 'Oh! Oh- yeah, we can do that! Or if we find one that's less.. painful to have around..'

Imbria struggles to her feet, keeping both hands on a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar in order not to drop it.

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!

Alarac says to Imbria in common, with an excited inflection to his voice, 'Yes! Exactly! Should we try to give it to them like this, or contain it somehow?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, hemming and hawing, 'Er- Did you want to make a rucksack out of a jaguar to put it in?'

A brightly colored butterfly has arrived from the west.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'I don't think that would contain the water! We can see if they have something for it maybe?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, sighing, 'Yeah- probably. Back to the taurlok bartender or did you converse with others in the Darkwater too?'

A brightly colored butterfly leaves west.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Just the taurlok! I will bring us there and hope we don't get them too wet. Maybe you can wait outside.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, pouting, 'I want to be there too! But bring us there quickly- what does he look like?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'He is an aged taurlok! He has broken horns, too.'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!

Imbria gets a small impish horn from a rucksack made from the hide of a large white polar bear.

Imbria nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Imbria holds a small impish horn in her hand.

Imbria utters the words, 'portal'.
A shimmering gate rises up from the ground.

Alarac enters a shimmering gate.
Imbria enters a shimmering gate.
You follow Imbria.
You enter a shimmering gate, heading somewhere distinctly else.
The Hostel Intent Tavern [Room 4530]
A warm fire crackles in a massive, black stone hearth that takes up most of
the north wall.  Mounted just above the mantle is the grinning visage of a
preserved bloodwolf head, its flinty glass eyes and yellowed teeth glinting in
the firelight.  Adjacent to the hearth is an elliptical bar of polished
blackwood situated against the east wall.  Rows of bottles and jugs, all
filled with various amounts of alcohol, are haphazardly arranged on shelves
behind the bar.  Dents and scuffs marr the blackwood floor and the sheen of
spilled liquor stains the boards beneath the stools.


[Exits: south west]
     (Glowing) Strings of black paper lanterns hang from the walls.
     A dozen blackwood stools sit along the edge of the bar.
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is here.
(Red Aura) An aged male taurlok with broken horns stands behind the bar.
(Red Aura) A gaunt, middle-aged human man nurses a drink at the bar.
You enter Coterie territory.

The Hostel Intent Tavern [Room 4530]
A warm fire crackles in a massive, black stone hearth that takes up most of
the north wall.  Mounted just above the mantle is the grinning visage of a
preserved bloodwolf head, its flinty glass eyes and yellowed teeth glinting in
the firelight.  Adjacent to the hearth is an elliptical bar of polished
blackwood situated against the east wall.  Rows of bottles and jugs, all
filled with various amounts of alcohol, are haphazardly arranged on shelves
behind the bar.  Dents and scuffs marr the blackwood floor and the sheen of
spilled liquor stains the boards beneath the stools.


[Exits: south west]
     (Glowing) Strings of black paper lanterns hang from the walls.
     A dozen blackwood stools sit along the edge of the bar.
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is here.
(Red Aura) An aged male taurlok with broken horns stands behind the bar.
(Red Aura) A gaunt, middle-aged human man nurses a drink at the bar.

Imbria says to an aged male taurlok in common, as she waves around a jaguar statuette in one hand, 'Er- hi! Hello! We found something that you might be interested in.'

An aged male taurlok looks up briefly at the soggy pair as they arrive in the tavern, his expression anything but pleased.  His gaze drops to the rapidly growing pool around Imbria's and Alarac's feet.

Alarac Smote>With a distinct spring to his step, Alarac squishes his boots across the floor.

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!

An aged male taurlok looks even less pleased as the water knocks over glasses and drenches everything else.

A gaunt, middle-aged human man clings to the bar, yelping as the water threatens to sweep him away.

Imbria says to an aged male taurlok in common, as she winces, almost dropping the jaguar statuette, 'It's not us- it's the jaguar thing! The thing that you said you guys wanted found?'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!

An aged male taurlok says to Alarac in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'Get it out of here.  I only told you what I heard.  Take it to Szaloch in the basilica.'

An aged male taurlok lunges for several mugs before they are swept away, his speed much greater than his age and size might suggest.

Imbria says to an aged male taurlok in common, with a quick wave as she skips west, 'Sure, sure! Sorry about the mess!'

Alarac says to an aged male taurlok in common, squeaking his boots right for the door, 'Oh - alright! Sorry!'

Imbria leaves west.
You follow Imbria.
The Blackwood Entrance of Hostel Intent [Room 4529]
The sounds of the boardwalk become muffled background noise in the elaborately
decorated lobby of the hostel.  Thick blackwood beams support the ceiling and
display etchings of dancing skeletons of various races.  The same designs are
carved into the doorways to the east and west with the arms of the skeletons
flung wide in a welcoming gesture.  A jagged parquet design of black and gray
wood stretches across the floor from one end of the lobby to the other.  Heat
emanates from the west while the murmuring of voices comes from the east and
to the south the lobby opens to a foyer.


[Exits: (north) east south west]
     (Glowing) Strings of black paper lanterns hang from the walls.
     A framed black wood sign sits on a stand by the entrance.
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Red Aura) A red-headed human female places wood tiles into parquet patterns here.
Alarac has arrived from the east.

A red-headed human female scurries out of the way hurriedly.

Imbria opens the looming doubledoors to the north.

/* etc */

The Northern End of the Stained Glass Atrium [Room 4520]
Paper lanterns painted with an open eye motif hang strung across the high
vaulted ceiling of the atrium.  They cast reddish light and slit-pupiled
shadows onto the smooth, shining black floor below.  Tall arches of gray stone
form the walls to the east and west where parallel series of stained glass
windows glare at each other across the room.  Hazy clouds of sandalwood
scented smoke rise from burning sticks of incense tucked in niches along the
walls and hang, oily and thick, in the air.  The atrium stretches to the south
while an arched doorway to the north leads to the basilica's inner chambers.


[Exits: north south]
     A ring of white-cushioned prayer mats rests on the glassy floor.
Alarac is here.
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Red Aura) A muscular dagahasi male with cropped hair pushes a cart of bricks here.
(Red Aura) Szaloch chants prayers in a low, droning rasp.

l
The Northern End of the Stained Glass Atrium [Room 4520]
Paper lanterns painted with an open eye motif hang strung across the high
vaulted ceiling of the atrium.  They cast reddish light and slit-pupiled
shadows onto the smooth, shining black floor below.  Tall arches of gray stone
form the walls to the east and west where parallel series of stained glass
windows glare at each other across the room.  Hazy clouds of sandalwood
scented smoke rise from burning sticks of incense tucked in niches along the
walls and hang, oily and thick, in the air.  The atrium stretches to the south
while an arched doorway to the north leads to the basilica's inner chambers.


[Exits: north south]
     A ring of white-cushioned prayer mats rests on the glassy floor.
Alarac is here.
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Red Aura) A muscular dagahasi male with cropped hair pushes a cart of bricks here.
(Red Aura) Szaloch chants prayers in a low, droning rasp.

Imbria looks at Szaloch.

Alarac looks at Szaloch.

Imbria peers intently north.

A muscular dagahasi male with cropped black hair leaves south.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, lowering his voice to just above a whisper, 'This one, maybe?'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, as she puts both hands behind her back, ostensibly hiding a jaguar statuette, 'Er- Hello! Sorry to interrupt your.. prays? Chanting? But we're trying to find Szaloch!'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!

Szaloch flings his arms up as he rapidly steps back at the sudden waves.

Alarac tries to recoil away from Imbria without entirely fleeing her side.

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, narrowing his eyes, as he regains his composure, 'You have something of ours then.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'Yes! And we went through a -lot- to get it back for you, too!'

Szaloch motions toward himself.
Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I am known as Szaloch.'

A muscular dagahasi male with cropped black hair has arrived from the south.

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, hopefully, 'Are you Szaloch? The bartender was /very/ angry and we didn't stop to ask for a description before we-'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, hopefully, 'Are you Szaloch? The bartender was /very/ angry and we didn't stop to ask for a description before we-'

Imbria says in common, perking up as she brings the statuette to the front of her person, 'Oh- oh good! Hi- yes, we found something of yours.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'You are a brave slave creature to walk onto our grounds.  We will pay, of course.'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!

A muscular dagahasi male with cropped black hair leaves north.

Szaloch takes another step back as the water nearly brushes against his robes.  He is now almost across the room from Alarac and Imbria.

Alarac says to Szaloch in common, eye twitching as he replies in a small, placid voice, 'Well, I have a request. In addition to the current reward.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, as she raises her voice to be audible above the waves, 'What's the current reward anyway! I mean, this jaguar thing feels /really, really/ expensive to me. I can tell these things you know.'

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Seven hundred and fifty gold each, for the items returned and no questions asked.'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We have had to pay for them once already before the thieves made off with them.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'That sounds fair! What do you need them for, anyway?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, in a too loud whisper, 'Wait, your request!'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'They are clearly unsuitable to be kept among the general populace.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common, insistently, 'You could have thrown them in a pit, but you're collecting them for -something-! Nobody pays fourteen hundred gold for the well being of strangers.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, retorting, 'Endless piles of gold have been thrown at the Serian slums and the orphans.  To what avail?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she stares, 'Fifteen hundred Gold.'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, bobbing her head, 'It's fifteen hundred gold and well- er, if you haven't heard of us..'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common, dubiously stating, 'I don't think you are collecting these to keep their power away from idiots. You must have a plan, and I want to see it when you're ready to use them. Under that condition, I will bring you the rest.'

Imbria motions toward herself.
Imbria says in common 'I am known as Imbria Valenn the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus.'

Alarac motions toward himself.
Alarac says in common 'Oh. Yes. I am Alarac Cordonte, a Torch of the Nexus.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, as she points at the johgo, 'Hence our curiousity about your use of such magical artifacts.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'You come to Darkwater in plain sight, with the artifact in hand, and state your names.  So what if I do not agree to let you gawk at our dealings?  Do you think you will walk out of here and be safe?'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, affronted, 'Hey- you're supposed to be somewhat honorable about this since you were the one to ask for help in the first place. Besides, we're /definitely/ the best at finding things so if you don't let us go, good luck on finding the others!'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'No! But your chances of retrieving the rest will be that much weaker. Given I've helped you lot in the past, you can rest assured I won't interfere with their purpose anyway.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'There are far more than a slave creature and a human after the pieces.  Shall I decline your offer, withhold our reward, and show you that we do not need you?'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'You do not come to Darkwater and make demands of us.'

Imbria thinks in common 'The human one was /so/ much easier to talk to than this dagahasi. Hmph.'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!

Alarac says to Szaloch in common, lifting a hand to rub at his actively spasmodic eye, 'No demands! A proposal. A mutually beneficial one, I had thought!'

Alarac thinks in common 'How awful. I need to see what they do with them. It has to be amazing or they wouldn't care!'

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!
An enormous wave barely hits Imbria!

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'A proposal implies that we are on equal standing.  We are not.  The notice we issued was an offer of reward and a threat to our enemies, and that was all.  If you will not find the rest, others will find them.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common 'And the reward is- well, /I/ like the gold just fine but Alarac's way more into other things as well. The reward is the gold, yeah? Not say- other things.'

Alarac Smote>Lips pressing into a thin line, Alarac shoots Imbria a helpless look.

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'You do not seem to understand.  You do not offer counterexchanges to us.  If you receive anything, it is by our favor.'

Alarac thinks in common 'What can I do? He's right. What am I supposed to do, run off with it and trust they'll show me without piking us up?'

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We will offer gold as stated, and if we feel that there is an additional reward deserving it will be by our decision, not because a slave creature thinks it is fair exchange.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, shoulders slumping, 'We can look for the others later. It is a good reward I think.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, curiously, even as she offers a shrug to the johgo, 'Will there be ah- other better rewards for say, finding even more of them? Additional things, you know- incentive.'

Szaloch sticks his hand in his sleeve and pulls out a peridot-eyed onyx tabby, which he holds up to the light.

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I will tell you something to pique your interest.  They are a set of elements, created in balance.  Separate, they are unbalanced.  That is why...'

Szaloch gestures to the pool of water around Imbria and Alarac with a peridot-eyed onyx tabby.

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, wryly, 'We're getting drowned? I'm glad I have my enchantments to help me breathe underwater?'

Szaloch says in common, with a wry grin in return, 'That means somewhere, someone is being scorched quite viciously.'

Alarac thinks in common 'And somewhere, one is buried into the ground?'

Alarac thinks in common 'And somewhere, one is caught up in a constant torrent.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, with a wince, '..Ah. What does that cat one you just pulled out do?'

Szaloch says in common, with obvious relish, 'I hope it is a merchant who is being scorched into cinders.'

Szaloch taps his talons on a peridot-eyed onyx tabby.  Its eyes flash in the light, but nothing happens.

Oprog (1236) echo>A sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar's eyes glow blue as it generates an enormous wave of water.
An enormous wave faintly hits Alarac!
An enormous wave faintly hits Imbria!

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'It is a null totem.  It carries nothing and is its own balance.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, as she peers with interest, 'It's not.. Oh. But then what is it /for/ if it doesn't have an element?'

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Seven hundred and fifty gold to be rid of the jaguar, with no more questions, and to be in our good graces.  We will discuss the matter of... gawking.'

Alarac's down expression perks up a fraction, a small smile he suppresses.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, stating neutrally, 'Good graces and gold is all we can ask for right now, right?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, brightly, 'It's a lot of gold.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, as she holds out the statuette, 'Sure- okay! Deal. ..But you have to get closer- I don't want to toss it and chip something.'

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Toss it in the back, among the other statuettes.  They will manage.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Would we all drown if it broke into its constituent pieces?'

Szaloch points northward.

Imbria peers intently north.

Imbria says to Szaloch in common 'And the gold?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, shuddering, 'Let's not think about that.'

Szaloch says in common, tapping his foot against the ground, 'This place is built with more than stone and mortar.  It will withstand some waves.'

Imbria peers intently north.

Szaloch tucks a peridot-eyed onyx tabby away in his voluminous sleeves and unties a bag of coins from his belt.

Szaloch drops some coins.

Imbria gets 750 gold coins.

Imbria says to Szaloch in common 'And the other half?'

Szaloch tilts his head slightly to the side.

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'What other half?'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common 'You /said/ seven hundred and fifty /each/.'

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Correct.  If you retrieve the tiger, it is another seven hundred and fifty.  If you retrieve the leopard, another seven hundred and fifty.'

Imbria says in common, after a short pause, '..Are you talking about each statuette when I thought each person-'

Imbria wilts a bit.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'I guess that settles it! We have to find them all!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, dejectedly, 'I guess we will.'

Imbria leaves north.

The Sanctum Beneath a Stained Glass Eye [Room 4517]
Ivory candles on triangular blacksteel holders dangle suspended on braided
ropes from the basilica's high ceiling.  The flickering tapers radiate pale,
unsteady light and cluster above a trapezoidal recess that forms the northern
wall.  Above the alcove, a stained glass window displaying a staring, pupiless
red eye stretches two stories high.  Soft light shines through the rose window
to cast slanted colors across the basilica's glassy granite floor.  Arched
doorways to the east and west lead to other chambers in the cathedral while a
dimly lit atrium lies through an archway in the southern wall.


[Exits: east south west]
     (Magical) (Glowing) An onyx jaguar statuette with sapphire eyes crouches here.
     Statuette altars to the gods rest in alcoves carved within the recess.
Alarac is here.
Imbria the Tempest, Compass of the Nexus is here.
(Red Aura) A muscular dagahasi male with cropped hair pushes a cart of bricks here.

Imbria drops a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, reaching to tug at the bottom hem of her tunic, 'It is alright, Imbria! We will get the rest.'

Imbria sets the jaguar statuette carefully on the floor, stepping away from it with slow, measured steps.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, mournfully, 'But I wanted /more/ gold.'

Szaloch has arrived from the south.

Imbria scoots step by step away from a sapphire-eyed onyx jaguar, almost bumping into Szaloch in her backwards movement.

Imbria says to Szaloch in common 'Ack- what- is that a good enough place?'

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'It will do.  I think its counterpart will make itself evident soon.'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Look to the skies.  There will be fire and smoke.'

Szaloch leaves south.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'We should go count all these coins while waiting for the flames!'

Imbria peers intently south.

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'We should get out of here before we get lynched.'

Imbria gets a small vial of bubbling crimson liquid from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.

Imbria quaffs a small vial of bubbling crimson liquid.

Imbria begins to disappear in a whorl of purple light.

Alarac prays for transportation!
Alarac begins to disappear in a whorl of purple light.

A muscular dagahasi male with cropped black hair has arrived from the east.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2014, 11:23:23 PM »
------------------------------------
Number: 104
To: All
From: Iskvarren
Date: Sat Apr  5 21:41:18 2014
Re: * black parchments with pale writing posted in the main gathering places *
------------------------------------
                            *BOUNTY*
 
Reward: 750 gold pieces for the return of the Tiger
        + an additional 250 for the head of the one with it
 
Coterie sources indicate that one of the stolen artifacts is in the possession
of a seafaring merchant who operates within Salty Harbor.
 
* Here is a detailed drawing of what appears to be a tiger statuette.  Its eyes
  have been marked in red to indicate faceted jewels. *
 
Watch the skies, for they will be dark with smoke and flame.
 
* a peacock feather with a staring eye *
 
OOC: Thanks to those of you who have taken an interest in this plot.  It's
still open to all, and open-ended.  Everyone is welcome to participate.  See
HELP RP NIGHT for information on what to ask for.  I will be open to RP
requests indefinitely until this plot is over.  Just send me a tell.

------------------------------------
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2014, 06:06:28 PM »
The salty harbor investigation!
  • Claire, Feyza, Alarac, and Wheelock pull a burning boat out of the water in Salty Harbor.  It splits in half while it's being saved.  They find only a piece of wood with the boat's name on it: "Scyllia."
  • Claire, Alarac, Wheelock, and Naline go to question Rusty about who owns Scyllia.  Rusty says Salty Harbor is down on its luck and few people stay.  Even though the fishing's good, nobody wants to buy anything and merchants would prefer to transport their goods by magic than ship and wagon.  Rusty says he heard the man who owned the boat burned it due to bad luck fishing and was planning to go back to Seria to weave with his father.  He also tells them that the man bought out the bait shop before it happened.
  • The group goes to see Stumpy in the bait shop.  Stumpy says more about how Salty Harbor's full of people who aren't here to make lots of money, and implies that they rarely see wealthy people carrying tons of gold.  He says a skinny man named Najahal bought out his entire shop with real gold coins recently, saying "I'm gonna catch the biggest fish in the sea.  I've seen my fortune in it" and "The fortune's in the fish.  The fortune's /in/ the fish."  Stumpy says nobody actually saw Najahal burn the boat.  Some people think Najahal did it by accident and there is a rumor that he was yelling about making his fortune before his boat went up in flames.  Stumpy remarks that of course there's nothing in the Scyllia if it broke in half; everything would have fallen out.
----------------------------------

/* Before this, everyone is preparing for fire damage. */

Alarac says in common 'The notice said to look for fire and moke, right?'

Wheelock nods.

Alarac looks over the water, peering at a strip of charred black wood.

Claire says to Alarac in common, nodding in agreement, 'Yes I do believe it did.'

Feyza looks all around.

Feyza says in common 'It all looks real torched right now.'

Alarac says in common 'We should go look out further over the water! It might be out there.'


Wheelock says to Alarac in common, rubbing at the back of his head, 'Er. Well, before we begin, I ought to ask...'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, gesturing expressively, 'Why're we trying to retrieve artifacts for the Coterie?'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, in a firm baritone, 'As I recall, they're dangerous, unsavory, violent, secretive, and evil.'

Alarac says to Wheelock in common, nodding at him, 'Yes! I am still unsure what they need them for. I am trying to get them to let us see, though, when they're all collected. I think the artifacts are very dangerous seperated and free.'

Claire says to Wheelock in common, placing a hand over her chest, pressing with her fingertips, 'You are correct, also potentially deceitful.'

Alarac says in common 'The watery jaguar would generate big huge waves! Very dangerous.'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, skeptically, 'The solution to dangerous artifacts, in my experience, is rarely to put them in the hands of the most dangerous organization currently operating.'

Wheelock nods at Claire.

Alarac says to Wheelock in common, admitting, 'I mostly want to see what they do with them, yes. If it threatens to blow up the city and all of our friends, I would definitely try and stop it. But imagine how exciting whatever it is must be!'

Claire says in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'The artifacts in an unknown hand may proove just as dangerous. Perhaps we should consider just gathering them to a protected location and discuss returning them?'

Wheelock stares at Alarac for a moment before nodding to Claire.

Wheelock says to Claire in common, not sounding entirely convinced, 'In any case, they ought to be retrieved, aye. At large, they're certainly unsafe.'

Alarac says in common 'Can't we give them all but the last one and decide what to do with that one?'

A sleek, gray and white seagull has arrived from the west.

Feyza says in common 'I ain't got no problem with sellin' it off to some scurvy dog who's gonna take it far off and torch 'imself.'

Alarac says to Feyza in common 'What if they know we sold them to somebody else? We'd be piked up! And we'd never know what the united set does.'

Alarac gives Claire and Wheelock a miserable look.

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, interrogatively, 'To what end, though? Beyond curiousity, I mean - a fine motive when nothing higher is at stake, but I seem to recall the Coterie murdering a clutch of citizens not long ago.'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, after the spell, 'Thank you for the ward.'

Feyza says to Alarac in common 'You ain't supposed ter say, "Oy I sold it to some scurvy seadog," go tell 'em it were some scurvy seadog that stole it real good and went west instead o' east.'

Claire says to Alarac in common, nodding, after a moments consideration, gesturing to Wheelock, 'I am in agreeance, I do not trust the Coterie and their intentions once all are received.'

Wheelock says to Feyza in common, sharply, 'One oughtn't to lie to one's allies.'

Wheelock thinks in common 'I do not like this felis.'

Feyza says to Alarac in common 'What were this big wave thing like?'

Alarac says in common 'But what if it is harmless? What if it's something like... warding Darkwater?'

Feyza says to Wheelock in common 'I ain't allies with them Coterie.'

Claire says to Alarac in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Though there is interest in seeing what they do, I worry if it could cause a great deal of potential harm. Though I do feel gathering them is of importance, perhaps once you see the set it may reveal something to you or your intuition?'

Alarac says to Feyza in common, after a second, 'The jaguar? Its eyes would flash blue a lot and generate a swirl of waves that battered us.'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, shaking his head, 'If they aimed merely to ward their home, why wouldn't they just say so?'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, in a firm baritone, 'One keeps secrets only when one fears the truth.'

Alarac says to Wheelock in common, scratching at his cheek, 'I don't know why they wouldn't. Even if it's potentially harmful, though... we...'

Alarac's eyes scour the water, searching.

Feyza says to Alarac in common 'Were it a weapon of some sort, or were it for makin' clean water?'

Alarac says to Feyza in common, looking back up, 'It was an element out of balance. I don't think it is really obviously meant as a weapon, though it would be a useful one in its current state.'

Claire puts a light cloak of shining blue dragonscales in a bloodstained leather backpack.

Claire puts a golden cingulum with ivory embroidery in a bloodstained leather backpack.

Wheelock says in common, abruptly, 'In any case. We are in accord that the artifact ought to be located.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'Once we have it, we can decide what ought to be done with it.'

Feyza says in common 'Yup, we oughta find this thing and if we ain't gonna give to the Coterie but we're afeared of 'em comin' after us, we sell it to a scurvy seadog and tell 'em elsewise.'

Alarac's shoulders slump and he nods, looking out further to sea.

Alarac peers intently east.

Alarac thinks in common 'They'll do what they want with it. There are three of them and one of me. The Coterie can't show me what the complete set does if they don't have a complete set.'

A sleek, gray and white seagull has arrived from the south.

Claire says in common, looking about in all directions, 'Has anyone looked at the site of the freshest place to be burned? Is it something that is spread per this object we seek?'

Claire looks at Wheelock.

Feyza says in common 'Hey, afore we go, I ain't wanna cut off nobody's head if he's just an honest guy, not even for no two fifty golds, okay?'

Wheelock says to Feyza in common, nodding, 'We are in accord.'

Alarac says to Feyza in common 'I agree!'

Alarac says to Claire in common 'I think their notice said it was with a seafaring merchant. We should go see if their boat exploded.'

Wheelock says in common, sounding a bit at a loss, 'Usually I just have to listen for yelling -- that's where whatever needs heroing generally is. Finding a thief isn't quite in my wheelhouse...'

Claire says to Alarac in common, thoughfully, 'That would sound best, unless this merchant is now land bound. Perhaps we can discern his direction once we find the site of the possible explosion.'

Feyza says in common, her ears twitching, 'I ain't hear no yellin'.  But it smells all like a buncha stuff got torched real good.'

Alarac utters the words, 'waterwalk'.
Claire appears lighter on her feet.

Wheelock peers intently east.

Alarac says in common 'Onward out to sea, I say! All in favor?'

Oprog (177) With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'Aye!'

Feyza says in common 'Aye!'

Wheelock thinks in common 'Government!'

Wheelock thinks in common 'I approve.'

Claire says in common, nodding, 'Aye!'

Alarac leaves east.
Feyza leaves east.
Claire leaves east.
A tiny, long-tailed mouse leaves east.
Wheelock leaves east.
Within the Harbor [Room 29296]
The waters here are still and even, perfect for small boats or rafts.  A sandy
spit of land to the east keep out the harsh waves of the open sea.  Far to the
west is a dock, and a small town lining the shore.  A small buoy bobs here,
marking an underwater trap, and a thin line leads down into the blue-green
waters.  The scents of salt and brine dance in the air.


[Exits: north west]
     A strip of charred black wood floats in the water here.
     (Glowing) A small, weathered fishing boat blazes here in the water.
(Golden Aura) Wheelock, Instrument of the Eagle is here, floating in the air.
(Charmed) A tiny, long-tailed mouse is here, its whiskers twitching.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here, floating in the air.
Feyza is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is here, floating in the air.

A burning fishing boat crackles in the waves, sending off dense blankets of black smoke.

Claire pulls out some tools and begins to repair leggings made from strips of rusted iron.

Alarac gasps at a burning fishing boat, flying at it and coming up short of being toasted.

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'Well.'

Wheelock sniffs at the smoke.

Feyza grabs Alarac's cloak to keep him from getting too close to a burning fishing boat.

Claire notices Alarac and makes sure to keep her distance, placing a hand over her brow so she can focus her sight before her.

Wheelock floats closer to the boat, squinting through the smoke.

l
Within the Harbor [Room 29296]
The waters here are still and even, perfect for small boats or rafts.  A sandy
spit of land to the east keep out the harsh waves of the open sea.  Far to the
west is a dock, and a small town lining the shore.  A small buoy bobs here,
marking an underwater trap, and a thin line leads down into the blue-green
waters.  The scents of salt and brine dance in the air.


[Exits: north west]
     A strip of charred black wood floats in the water here.
     (Glowing) A small, weathered fishing boat blazes here in the water.
(Golden Aura) Wheelock, Instrument of the Eagle is here, floating in the air.
(Charmed) A tiny, long-tailed mouse is here, its whiskers twitching.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here, floating in the air.
Feyza is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is here, floating in the air.

Alarac says in common, zips from side to side in Feyza'z grasp, 'Do you think we could kill the flames? Or get in without dying horribly?'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'It's no worse than dragon f-'

The top of the boat collapses in on itself, sending embers flying into the water to sizzle.

Wheelock is interrupted by a coughing fit. He floats away from the boat.

Wheelock yells in common, in a firm baritone, 'Is anyone in there?'

Wheelock communes with his deity.
Wheelock communes sanctuary.
Wheelock is surrounded by a white aura.

Claire says in common, looking about the immeadiate area, her hand instinctivly resting atop the hilt of her sword, 'I wonder if something were to even have been able to get away from this.'

The only sound is that of burning wood.  The flames crackle loudly, and the burning boat hisses when it touches the waves.

With a surge of magic from an ivory plate tasset tied with a blue sash, Wheelock begins to fly.

Feyza says to Alarac in common 'We could try'n sink it, maybe.  But then we gotta swim to find it and I ain't likin' the fire any more'n the waves.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'I wonder...'

Feyza peers intently north.

Wheelock approaches the boat again and extends a yeti-bone glaive with a clear, icy blade, swiping at the flame.

Alarac says in common 'I could try and drown the flames with a wave. But yes! If it sinks, we'll have to risk chasing it down.'

Claire says to Alarac in common, curiously, 'What of creating waves in an effort to try to push this wreckage on shore?'

The flames lick at Wheelock's blade.  A drop of moisture begins to drip from the tip, but evaporates in the rippling heat.

Claire says to Alarac in common, squinting as she looks back at the burning boat, 'Though I do not know how long it will last at any rate if it continues to burn and be met with water.'

Wheelock grimaces.

Alarac says to Claire in common, waving at his face, 'And then what? I think it's safet to keep it surrounded by moisture.'

The bow of a burning fishing boat begins to dip into the water.  Clouds of black, ashy smoke fill the air as the heated wood meets the cold water.

Wheelock says in common, pulling the blade back, 'Magical flame. Powerful. You can try the wave, but I expect it won't manage to put it out.'

Wheelock says in common, quickly, 'We don't have much time. We need air, protection from the heat, and a way to see.'

Feyza sneezes and ducks low, trying to pull Alarac back even farther out of the way.

Feyza says in common 'We gotta wave it to somewhere real secluded, can't set all o' Salty Harbor ablaze with it.'

Alarac resists Feyza all of a second, peering at the boat, before getting pulled further from the heat.

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'It's sinking. And I'm not sure that being underwater'll do anything more than make us deal with a fire and boiling water.'

Feyza says to Alarac in common, finally releasing him, 'You gotta be real careful.  We ain't savin' nobody if we get torched.'

Claire says to Wheelock in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'If it is magical fire, we really do not know of its nature, so that could pose more of a problem.'

Wheelock says to Claire in common, nodding, 'Do you have any chains? Something sturdy, heatproof if possible - we ought to tie it to something, so it won't go too deep underwater.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'I wonder if the underside is burning..'

Alarac says to Feyza in common 'Wait here! I am going to look for somewhere safe to beach it!'

With a loud crack, a burning fishing boat splits in half.  The bow breaks off, sinking into the water, and the stern capsizes the other way, still remaining afloat.

Claire says in common, floating closer to the wreckage, staying jsut back from Wheelock, 'If we could see a section of the boat to even begin to tie something to. If we could redirect the flames enough to gain advantage.'

Wheelock says in common, flying quickly towards the sinking half of the ship, 'The elemental spell, Alarac, please--'

Wheelock thinks in common 'This isn't going to feel good.'

Alarac utters the words, 'detect magic'.

Alarac looks around at his group.

Wheelock attempts to grasp the edge of the sinking ship.

Alarac flinches at the sudden crack and speeds off over the waves!

Alarac leaves north.

Claire says to Wheelock in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I had only begun work on a length of chain to hold back a bloodwolf, nothing of suitable length I would carry I'm afraid.'

The sinking bow drags Wheelock down toward the water.

Alarac has arrived from the west.

Pecho to Wheelock>The wood is rapidly cooled in the water, though the bow is quite heavy and you can barely keep it afloat.

Claire draws in a quick breath and rushes after Wheelock wrapping her arms about his waist in an attempt to help anchor Wheelock.

Wheelock lets out a quiet prayer, huffing.

Wheelock says in common, straining with the weight, 'If.. the flight can't quite handle it -- any spells to keep me above the water..'

The charred bow of the boat remains suspended in its place with Wheelock's straining.  Its flames have completely died out in the water.

Alarac utters the words, 'waterwalk'.
Wheelock appears lighter on his feet.

Feyza utters the words, 'levitate'.
Feyza rises and floats above the ground.

Feyza snaps her fingers, directing the same levitation spell to the bow of the boat and Wheelock.

Alarac says to Wheelock in common 'Agh! Good job! I knew those muscles were good for something.'

Wheelock kicks his legs above the water as the force of his flight wrestles with the weight of the boat. His feet land on the water with a disconcerting THUD.

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, huffing, 'Waves. Shore. Can't..'

With a great amount of effort, the bow of the boat swings away from the burning stern.  It still remains half in the water, half out of the water.

Claire looks back toward Alarac and Feyza for a moment making a motion toward herself as she begins to lose altitude in the air, moving away from the ship.

Feyza utters the words, 'levitate'.
Claire rises and floats above the ground.

Wheelock says in common, grunting with effort, 'But if the fire went out on this part of the boat -- the artifact must be in the other?'

The stern of the boat tilts backwards, and it too begins to sink.  The flames extinguish as they are submerged.

l
Within the Harbor [Room 29296]
The waters here are still and even, perfect for small boats or rafts.  A sandy
spit of land to the east keep out the harsh waves of the open sea.  Far to the
west is a dock, and a small town lining the shore.  A small buoy bobs here,
marking an underwater trap, and a thin line leads down into the blue-green
waters.  The scents of salt and brine dance in the air.


[Exits: north west]
     The charred bow of a fishing boat barely floats in the water here.
     A strip of charred black wood floats in the water here.
     (Glowing) The stern of a small, weathered fishing boat blazes in the water.
Alarac is here, floating in the air.
(Golden Aura) Wheelock, Instrument of the Eagle is here, floating in the air.
(Charmed) A tiny, long-tailed mouse is here, its whiskers twitching.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here, floating in the air.
Feyza is here, floating in the air.

Wheelock says to Claire in common, in a firm baritone, 'Lady Paladin - the other boat, if you can!'

Alarac says to Feyza in common 'The flames are out! We could go look inside and maybe not blow up!'

Wheelock digs his heels into the water and begins to strain, tugging the bow of the boat towards shore.

Alarac utters the words, 'aquatic breath'.
Alarac can now breathe underwater.

Alarac waves his trident along with Wheelock's path, causing a rippling surge of water to aid his efforts.

Feyza says to Alarac in common 'Right, you do that!  I'm gonna help 'em with that boat.'

Claire recovers and flutters back to follow Wheelock direction and aims to secure a grip of the receding piece of boat.

Feyza cautiously grabs at a piece of non-burning stern beside Claire before grasping it more firmly to keep it afloat.

Wheelock says in common, moving slowly towards the shore, aided by the waves, 'To the shallows - still in the water, but somewhere we can pull.'

Claire says to Wheelock in common, speaking with conviction as she fights to maintain a secure grip, 'I will hold as long as I am able.'

Wheelock struggles to drag the charred bow of a fishing boat, but only digs himself into the ground.

Wheelock struggles to drag the charred bow of a fishing boat, but only digs himself into the ground.

Wheelock struggles to drag the charred bow of a fishing boat, but only digs himself into the ground.

The last of the flames extinguish as the stern rolls over.  Smoke and steam rise in a rippling wave.

Feyza grabs onto the burning stern of a fishing boat.

Feyza manages to drag the burning stern of a fishing boat west.
Feyza leaves west.
Alarac leaves west.

/* They drag the remains west onto land. */

Feyza leaves west.
Alarac leaves west.
You follow Alarac.
On a Pier in Salty Harbor [Room 29272]
The sound of water splashing up against the edges of the docks echoes through
the air.  Creaking, well-weathered wooden boards have been nailed together
here, forming a short pier that leads out into the water.  Small waves lap
against the wooden posts which hold up this narrow dock.  Off to the east, the
water extends out to the horizon, a vast ocean of blues and greens
intermingled.


[Exits: east west]
     The charred bow of a fishing boat barely floats in the water here.
     The stern of a small, weathered fishing boat floats in the water.
     An old ship with a cracked, barnacle-ridden hull is tied off to the pier.
Alarac is here, floating in the air.
Feyza is here, floating in the air.
An old sailor, Paron, works on patching his boat.
A teenage girl, Nayath, helps her father with repairs.
A tiny, long-tailed mouse has arrived from the east.
Claire has arrived from the east.
Wheelock has arrived from the east.

Feyza drags the charred bow of a fishing boat with her.

Feyza lets go of the burning stern of a fishing boat and gasps for breath, leaning against Claire for support.

Wheelock releases the bow of the boat. If he is tired, he does not show it.

Wheelock thinks in common 'I don't think I could have held out much longer.'


Wheelock says to Alarac in common, in a firm baritone, 'Perhaps you ought to look inside for some sign of the boat's owner?'

Claire manages to regain her breath after a moments rest. She moves her hands to brush at each other, turning to aid in her support.

On the other hand, if you want to talk to NPCs... I'll be around later.

Wheelock begins inspecting the outside of the boat for any identifying markers.

Alarac stops his frantic flailing of the trident and then nods at Wheelock, jogging over the water toward the burning stern of a fishing boat.

After taking a lap around the stern, Alarac abruptly drops underwater and swims below the tipped thing...

Bits of wood float up as Alarac searches underneath the broken boat.

Claire pats her on the shoulder before moving toward the charred remains. Drawing her sword she pokes at the burnt wood and inspects her efforts.

You silently drop a strip of charred black wood.

ex wood
The piece of wood looks to have the name of a boat on it.  It simply reads,
"Scyllia."

Wheelock utters the words, 'fount'.
A fount of clean water begins to flow freely in a widening pool.

Wheelock drinks water from a fount of clean water.

Feyza says in common, out of breath, 'Right, well, I'ma go get some rest.  I'll be back later if yer gonna find summat.  Don't get torched too much.'

Claire says to Wheelock in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Are johgos known for their ability to hold their breath?'

Alarac resurfaces a few minutes later, gurgling up at the others from under the waves.

Feyza gets a strip of charred black wood.

Feyza gives a strip of charred black wood to Wheelock.

Wheelock says to Claire in common, in a firm baritone, 'Alarac has a few tricks up his sleeve.'

Feyza leaves west.
A tiny, long-tailed mouse leaves west.

Claire turns her head as if alerted and moves over toward his direction, hesitant to offer an assisting hand. She looks back to Wheelock breifly.

Wheelock nods at Claire, inspecting the block of wood in his hands.

Wheelock says in common, reading the word carved into the wood aloud, '"Scyllia." The boat was called Scyllia.'

Alarac flails at Claire and pulls himself up by her ankle instead.

Alarac joins Wheelock's group.

Claire says to Alarac in common, turning her attention back, reaching down to aid Alarac own rescue, 'You are okay yes?'

Alarac says to Wheelock in common, spitting out a stream of water, 'Scyllia? Maybe we should go see if anybody knows who the captain is.'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, nodding, 'That was my thought, aye.'

Claire says in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'If the captain did frequent this area even in the slightest, the dock workers may have seen this boat, and it's name.'

Alarac says to Claire in common 'Yes! And we could look for anybody steaming. It's a wet swim from his wreckage to the pier.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'The shipmaster of the harbor must have some sort of register.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'Failing that, t here's always -some- sea dog who'll spill whatever he knows for whatever fistful of silver'll buy the next round.'

Claire says to Wheelock in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I do not know how reliable my source maybe, but I hear sailors often seek refuge in drinks, perhaps someone there may have spoken with this captain if his ship is in fact not registered.'

Alarac says to Wheelock in common 'You are savvy at these things. Were you ever a pirate?'

Wheelock beckons for Claire to follow him.

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, soberly, 'I spent six months of my training aboard an enforcement ship. Fighting pirates.'

Claire joins Wheelock's group.

Alarac says to Wheelock in common 'Oh. You should get a nice pirate-hunting hat so we aren't messed with.'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, in a firm baritone, 'Wicked people, pirates. One romanticizes them, I expect. Filthy, most of them, and stealing the fruit of the sweat of the brow of the honest man.'

Wheelock says in common, after a pause, 'Those.. might have been too many metaphors, strung together like that. Beg pardon.'

Wheelock dips his head.

Claire says to Wheelock in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I am glad to have you with us then, I would not boast myself in any area regarding the sea.'

Alarac says to Claire in common, murmuring, 'Not the way you fish, that's for sure.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'This was years ago. I was a lad. I wouldn't count myself as any sort of an expert.'

Alarac says to Wheelock in common, beaming at him, 'You are an expert at making sure I don't get briganded, though! That is all I can ask for.'

Claire says to Alarac in common, grinning, 'It is a hobby of mine, not like my fondness for the forge. I am still learning the best practice in my fishing.'

Wheelock says to Claire in common, recommending, 'Spend some time aboard a ship. It's a simple way to live.'

Claire says to Alarac in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'That is a cause I can also aid in, between both him an I your pockets and your being shall remain safe.'

Alarac says to Claire in common 'Oh! You should make us a great iron box. I can ward it from fire and when we find this artifact, it can be kept safely.'

Wheelock says in common, elaborating, 'It narrows the world, being on the sea. When there's nothing but the boat you're on and the sea, so far as you see, things're simple.'

Wheelock thinks in common 'You rarely end up possessed by dark gods, at least.'

Alarac says to Wheelock in common 'Sounds like a good way to exercise the imagination.'

Claire says to Wheelock in common, nodding in agreeance, 'I will seek to do so for the experience, it does sound like a worthwhile experience.'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, shrugging a shoulder, 'I kept myself too busy for daydreaming. There was ballast to secure, decks to clean, wind to harness... good, hard work. Good for the soul.'

Alarac says to Wheelock in common, curiously, 'Did you ever have mages aboard? I bet they would be most useful for wind harnessing!'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, scowling, 'Aye. The most miserly man I ever met.'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, in a firm baritone, 'He had to be paid for every shift of the wind. Gold per gust. A thoroughly unpleasant man.'

Alarac says to Wheelock in common 'Gusting is hard wind! But not if you are hot headed in the first place. It's easy to drive a ship then I bet.'

Alarac says in common 'Hard work, too. Not hard wind; that's a gale and it might tear the sails.'

Wheelock says in common, wrinkling his nose, 'Enormously corpulent. A glutton. And he shut himself up in his cabin day and night. Only two things'd rouse him - the dinner bell and the sound of a full purse.'

Claire says to Alarac in common, looking as if lost in thought, 'Perhaps we should look at finding something to house this artifact.'

Wheelock thinks in common 'The lads and I played an outstanding joke on him, but I oughtn't to tell these two about that. They'll get Ideas.'

Wheelock shakes his head, clearing it.

A fount of clean water dries up.

Claire says to Wheelock in common, chuckling, 'You know I find it rather fascinating how the jingling of coins can rouse someones attention so quickly.'

Alarac says to Claire in common 'Yes! Like a big huge box full of magic? That is my only idea right now.'

Wheelock says to Claire in common, agreeably, 'That seems wise. Further discussion regarding what we ought to do with the figurine might be in order.'

Alarac thinks in common 'Gold is very useful. You can buy paper with it, or lures. You can even buy help for experiments, if the help isn't too cowardly or wise.'

Claire says to Wheelock in common, her smile wilting at the edges, 'Their loyalties can also be obtained in some cases as well from that same sound.'

Wheelock says to Claire in common, in a firm baritone, 'Their favor, perhaps. One can never really buy loyalty.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'One rents it, like a trollop's virtue.'

Claire says in common, nodding after pressing her lips together, 'That is true, for as long as the income remains, then it would be off to something new.'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, after nodding to the other human, 'So, tell me again - I think I must've missed something. Why're you giving the artifacts to the Coterie?'

Alarac says to Wheelock in common, voice lowering, 'Maybe we should go somewhere less... sunny! Less sunny to talk about it.'

Claire says to Alarac in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Forging magic into metal...I imagine that would not proove too difficult. Whether it will hold this artifact effectivly will be a test to eb done at the time it is found unfortunatly.'

Wheelock nods.

Wheelock leaves west.
Claire leaves west.
Alarac leaves west.


/* They leave to plot elsewhere for a while, picking up Naline along the way. */

Alarac leaves west.
You follow Alarac.
The Rusty Pelican [Room 29282]
The faint scent of alcohol lingers in the musty air of this wooden building,
mingled with the salt air that creeps in through the many cracks in the walls.
All along the wooden walls of the establishment are various mounted fish,
nets, and other various pieces of salvage that have come from the nearby
coastal area.  The floor of this small building are filthy, covered in sand
and mud.  Patrons sit at tables and along the bar, talking amongst themselves
and laughing loudly from time to time.


[Exits: east (down)]
     A large bar surrounded by several stools dominates the dingy room.
Alarac is here.
Rusty grins at his patrons here.
Wheelock has arrived from the east.
Claire has arrived from the east.
Naline has arrived from the east.
Lyseri has arrived from the east.


Naline peers intently down.

Naline looks at Claire.

Wheelock whispers in Alarac's ear.
Wheelock whispers in common to Alarac, in a firm baritone, 'Perhaps you ought to do the talking -- I'm.. well, I'm not much good with barkeeps.'

Naline says to Claire in common, nodding his head slightly, 'I don't think I have caught your name, good lady.'

Alarac says to Rusty in common, waving as he walks into the bar, 'Hello, Rusty! Long time no see!'

Rusty says to Alarac in common, grinning widely, 'Hey, I see you brought all your friends.  What can I getcha?'

Claire looks back to Naline with a near startled look before smiling and pulling her gauntleted fist over her chest and inclining at the waist.

Claire motions toward herself.

Claire says in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'My apologies, I am known as Claire Alorian, Paladin of the Crusade.'

Naline smiles warmly before giving another bow with his head toward Claire.

Alarac says to Rusty in common 'Just some words. We'll be back at the end of our quest for something strong, I bet! Any chance you've heard of the ship Scyllia?'

Alarac pauses at the very last word, shooting Wheelock an uncertain look.

Wheelock nods encouragingly at Alarac, smiling.

Rusty says to Alarac in common, his expression losing its initial cheeriness, 'Hm, let me think.  Not a lot of ships come here these days.  Salty Harbor isn't good business anymore since the clans left.'

Claire begins to search about the room with her gaze from her stationary position as if investigating. She settles her eyes on Rusty glancing over at Alarac briefly.

Alarac says to Rusty in common 'You still know how to throw a riveting festival, though! We happened to find a wreckage out by the pier not long ago. Do you know where we could find a register of recent shipments to or from the place?'

Wheelock thinks in common 'Scallop poetry.'

Rusty says to Alarac in common, shaking his head, 'He was just a guy who came by, saying a lot of big words about business and money.  He got his share and we haven't seen a bit of him since.'

Wheelock says to Rusty in common, curiously, 'What did he look like?'

Rusty says to Wheelock in common 'The scallop guy?  Weren't you there for him?'

Wheelock shakes his head quickly.

Wheelock says to Rusty in common, in a firm baritone, 'I'm sorry, I thought you were talking about the captain of the Scyllia. Must've..'

Rusty says to Wheelock in common, tapping his chin, 'Thought there was a guy who looked a lot like you talking about saving maidens.'

Rusty says to Alarac in common, grumpily, 'We don't get shipments here.  People'd rather go straight to Seria these days with magical portals.  Even the highwaymen have gotten real pitiful-looking lately.'

Naline chuckles softly toward Rusty.

Rusty says in common, waving his hand at the door, 'Now and then, a fishing vessel comes by, but there's no market for loads and loads of fish here, and none of them stay long.'

Claire says to Rusty in common, gesturing to the array of tables, 'What of your patrons, have you served many captains of their own ship here lately? Perhaps others who may have spoken of their great adventures in finding fortunes?'

Claire says in common, adding with a smile, 'Much like the boatman who would bring in the scallops had spoke of fortune.'

Rusty says to Claire in common, with a wry grin, '"Captain" is far too glorious for the post the fishermen take.  They're only "Captain" because they've got no crew, and it's a "ship" because nobody says it's a dinghy.'

Alarac says in common, addressing the group he arrived with, 'Maybe the captain was burnt in the fire, the figurine lost somewhere out in the water. Somebody would have seen a soggy, flaming man run onto the shore.'

Wheelock says to Rusty in common, in a firm baritone, 'Be that as it may. We found the burning remains of the Scyllia. If you know who crews it, we'd be most grateful.'

Rusty says to Alarac in common, to his back, 'Haven't seen those.  I was told one fellow burned his boat since he quit fishing.'

Claire says to Rusty in common, nodding agreeably, gesturing with another nod to Wheelock, 'I am not versed well in regards to boats and their crew, but I see your point. We were curious as to the well being of the owner of the flaming wreckage.'

Alarac says to Rusty in common, turning back around, 'Recently? That sounds like the act of a newly-rich fisherman, yes.'

Wheelock nods to Alarac.

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, in a firm baritone, 'In which case we ought to be looking for a fence.'

Rusty says to Claire in common 'Rumor around the place is he got sick of only catching everyone else's bait, so he was packing up to go back to weaving with his pa.'

Rusty says in common, with a shake of his head, 'Rarely see anyone who stays here long enough to know them well though.  Couldn't tell you who he was or where he went if I wanted.  That's what happens to a place that's not frequented.'

Wheelock thinks in common 'This is depressing.'

Claire says to Rusty in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I suppose nothing would say you are tired of a particular profession or hobby like setting fire to your intstruments to perform the duty.'

Wheelock says to Rusty in common, in a firm baritone, 'Do you know who his father is? Or, any.. eh, weavers? around here?'

Rusty says to Claire in common 'I was here before the clans came here.  I'm not about to set it ablaze.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, '... although, if he set his own boat on fire, it's unlikely to be a
lead.'

Rusty says to Wheelock in common 'This is a town of old fishermen who think there's still something in fishing, lad.'

Rusty says in common, pointing southward, 'I suppose you could ask the fella next door who sells bait.  I heard the guy went there for bait just before he did it.  A massive amount of bait.  Figured he was going to chuck it all as a gesture.'

Wheelock thinks in common 'This sounds fishy.'

Claire says to Rusty in common, looking around the room before nodding, 'I wouldn't want to see you have to set fire to this place either, you have kept it in shape this long after all.'

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, '... Buying a massive amount of bait just as to spite his profession?... Rather odd.'

Wheelock says to Rusty in common, in a firm baritone, 'That.. doesn't make sense.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'Particularly when the problem with the profession is that it isn't paying well enough.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'In any case. We thank you for your time.'

Rusty says in common, shrugging, 'Weirder stuff has happened.  You want anything before you go?'

Wheelock digs around a lacquered black case with irium clasps for a moment.

Wheelock gives Rusty some coins.

Alarac says to Wheelock in common 'It might when you are ready to make a lot of money with a certain catch, right?'

Wheelock says to Rusty in common, in a firm baritone, 'A glass of water, if you please. Salted rim.'

Wheelock nods to Alarac.

Alarac says to Rusty in common, after a second, 'Something not so strong, please! It suits me.'

Alarac gives Rusty some coins.

Rusty says to Wheelock in common 'That's the most anyone's ever given me for salty water.'

Rusty gives a tall crystal glass to Wheelock.

Wheelock drinks salt water from a tall crystal glass.

Wheelock sips at the glass.

Claire says to Rusty in common, lifting her hand to turn down the offer, 'I appreciate the offer but no thank you, though I as well apreciate your time.'

Rusty says to Alarac in common 'It's what the locals like.  It's cheap and it's good.'

Rusty says in common, brushing the bar clean of salt, 'Good luck with your search.'

Alarac says to Rusty in common 'I'm a fan of both of those adjectives. Thanks again!'

Alarac leaves east.
Wheelock leaves east.
Main Along the Coast [Room 29273]
This narrow road along the coastline is the main thoroughfare through this
small, coastal town, comprised of seashells and sand crushed and compacted
over time by weather and foot traffic.  Laughing and yelling can be heard
coming from a small, somewhat ramshackle building that sits just off the road
to the west.  A weathered sign hangs from above the door of the building.  To
the east, a smaller building stands on a series of poles and stilts that
vanish over the cliff and into the sea.


[Exits: north east south west]
(Golden Aura) Wheelock, Instrument of the Eagle is here.
Alarac is here.
A gray and white seagull wheels overhead, diving for scraps of food.
Naline has arrived from the west.
Claire has arrived from the west.


Wheelock utters the words, 'create food'.
A tantalizing aroma fills the air as a roasted turkey drumstick suddenly appears.

Wheelock eats a roasted turkey drumstick.

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'Bait shop, then?'

A sleek, gray and white seagull leaves south.

Naline nods at Wheelock.

Alarac nods his head twice in rapid succession.

Alarac leaves south.
Wheelock leaves south.
Claire leaves south.
Naline leaves south.
You follow Wheelock.
Main Street Along the Coast [Room 29274]
A narrow road of crushed seashells and sand runs along the water's edge.
Small ruts have been dug out of the ground by the foot traffic that has
compacted the roadway over time.  Just off the side of the dirt street, to the
west, is a small, weather-beaten shack constructed of warped and rotting wood.
A small, handpainted sign above the door to the shack depicts a fish and a
hook.


[Exits: north south west]
Naline is here.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.
(Golden Aura) Wheelock, Instrument of the Eagle is here.
Alarac is here.
A gray and white seagull wheels overhead, diving for scraps of food.

Naline says to Wheelock in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'I believe that it is rather weird.'

Alarac says in common, pausing by the western building, 'Any ideas before we ask more questions here?'

Claire says to Naline in common, nodding in agreement, 'I as well, it seems an odd thing to do before retiring from your chosen profession.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'Well. We know the town's gone poor, the man apparently bought a ton of bait and then burnt his own boat..'

Naline nods at Claire.

Claire says to Wheelock in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I agree with Alarac, I feel one would not do that unless better times had shown themselves.'

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Even so. Would there be anybody who can dive down beside the harbour docks?'

Alarac says to Naline in common 'All of us could try. What would be the aim?'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Well. Assuming that the burnt remains had a hole in the keel. Then the heavier objects would fall down while the wood remained at the top.'

A sleek, gray and white seagull leaves south.

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'Can't imagine he'd allow the trinket to sink, if he was selling it for a new life.'

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'I personally think we should make sure the statue isn't underwater first. If it's underwater, then there would not be much smoke or fire.'

Naline says to Wheelock in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'You are assuming that he set the fire to the boat himself.'

Alarac says to Naline in common 'Wouldn't there be great plumes of bubbly steam if it kept generating heat underwater?'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'We could split up, then. One team to investigate underwater, one to talk to the baitman.'

A sleek, gray and white seagull has arrived from the south.

Alarac says to Wheelock in common 'When people split up, they die horribly! We can ask this bait shopkeep about the man and decide from there?'

Naline nods at Alarac.

Alarac leaves west.
Wheelock leaves west.
You follow Wheelock.
Inside a Putrid Bait Shop [Room 29283]
Creaking and rotting wooden boards compose the floor of this ramshackle shop,
which looks to be little more than just a battered shack.  Long poles crafted
of wood, bamboo, and even a few that have been molded of metals line the
cracked wooden walls.  The pungent smell of salt air and dying sea life fill
the shack, creating quite a stench to all but the most tolerant of noses.
Large buckets, filled with small fish and worms, sit in front of a makeshift
counter fashioned of wooden crates at the back of the shack.


[Exits: east]
(Golden Aura) Wheelock, Instrument of the Eagle is here.
Alarac is here.
A one-legged man examines his merchandise.
Naline has arrived from the east.
Claire has arrived from the east.


Naline says to Wheelock in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'I suggest more information is better for us all.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'Very well.'

Wheelock looks at a one-legged man.

Wheelock says to a one-legged man in common, in a firm baritone, 'Hail.'

A one-legged man turns rapidly at the sound of footsteps, his expression immediately breaking into a gap-toothed grin at the arrivals.

A one-legged man says in common, in a raspy croak, 'Fishing's good today, I hear.  What can I help you all with?'

Naline says to a one-legged man in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Has it been good for the past few weeks?'

A one-legged man's beady eyes land on Wheelock's armor.  His gaze lingers perhaps too long on the pristine plate and shining adornments.

Claire steps forward and is able to force a smile, though her expression becomes more accute as if the result of the odor. She manages to nod her greeting.

A one-legged man says to Naline in common, in a raspy croak, 'It hasn't changed much.  Fish are plentiful in the sea, just nobody wants to buy it owing to all that magical food them mages are making.  I say, nothing beats good fresh fish, not even magic fish.'

Claire is using:

A one-legged man looks over Claire as well with a curious, questioning expression.  Again, the too-long inspection of the armaments too fine for his shop.

Wheelock pointedly adjusts his grip on a yeti-bone glaive with a clear, icy blade.

Claire says to a one-legged man in common, pressing her lips into a thin line before speaking thoughtfully, 'I would certainly agree myself in regards to the taste of fresh fish. You say the fisherman have been pulling in a good yield though?'

A one-legged man says to Claire in common, with a loud, disdainful snort, 'If you can call less than the number you can count on your fingers "fishermen," sure.'

A one-legged man says to Claire in common, in a raspy croak, 'Most of them just catch what they want to eat for dinner.  No sense in catching a bunch if there's nobody to buy it before it spoils.'

Naline says to a one-legged man in common, chuckling softly, 'What of the ones that doesn't fit into "most"? Have there been people that bought large amounts of bait, more than usually for themselves?'

A one-legged man says in common, in a raspy croak, 'Means there's a bunch of fish in the sea if you've got enough bait.'

Claire says to a one-legged man in common, nodding, making a gesture with her hand outwardly to the shop, 'Not unless one had a big family to feed. Has any of the few fisherman you can note or may remember came in recently to purchase a large amount of bait?'

Wheelock waches Claire and Naline.

Naline blinks a few seconds towar Claire, before nodding quietly and takes a step back behind Claire.

A one-legged man says to Claire in common, in a raspy croak, 'Nobody who's got a family comes to Salty Harbor to stay.  This is where men go to while away the rest of their days.  Though...'

A one-legged man says to Naline in common, tipping his head, 'This's all new stock.  A guy came and wanted everything.  Had a bunch of real gold coins to buy it all.'

Claire turns to offer Naline a smile, inclining her head before turning to look about the shop at the new stock of bait.

Ellie has arrived from the east.

A one-legged man says in common, looking up as if remembering, 'He said, "I'm gonna catch the biggest fish in the sea.  I've seen my fortune in it."  I remember thinking a man doesn't get that much gold out of nowhere, but it all was quite real coins.'

Wheelock looks at Ellie.

Naline eats a plate of assorted entrails.

Ellie tips her head a bit toward the group as she slips in the back of the room.

A one-legged man says in common, in a raspy croak, 'He wasn't even much of a good fisherman, but I wasn't gonna tell him more isn't the way to get better.'

Naline steps back behind the group, as he quickly yet quietly stuffs a few pieces of food into his mouth.

Claire smiles over at Ellie lifting her hand in greeting with a small wave.

Naline shivers and suffers.

Naline utters the words, 'panacea'.
Naline looks much better.

A one-legged man looks at Naline suspiciously.

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common, head tilting up at him, 'Did he mention the name of his boat, by any chance? Have you seen him since?'

Claire says to a one-legged man in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'His coins were real though of that I believe you would have made sure. Did he make any mention of anything you can recall? perhaps a direction he intended to head off in after his fishing trip?'

Naline says to a one-legged man in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Or perhaps where he intended to catch his extra-large fish?'

Ellie thinks in common 'You would need a big boat for that kind of fish..'

Naline shrugs his shoulders in an easy roll, not quite shoving his words out between Alarac and Claire's questions.

Ellie thinks in common 'I would say one the size of... hmmm what was that called?'

Ellie thinks in common 'Vargus?'

Ellie thinks in common 'Nono that is the sucken one..'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'Najahal, his name was.  Scrawny guy, looked like he was making an excuse to buy bait to eat.  I don't know if he really caught that fish, but last I heard, he'd burned his boat and left.'

Ellie thinks in common 'Bah doesnt matter that much apparently.'

Alarac says in common, with a pleased smile at his companions, 'Where's a boat-burning man with a lot of gold go? Somewhere with weavers.'

Wheelock nods to Alarac.

Ellie tilts her head slightly to the side.

Ellie thinks in common 'Weavers... that would be the corthics.'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'Nobody actually saw him go though.  A couple people figured he'd screwed up everything and burned himself up, probably.'

Claire smiles back at Alarac issuing a nod of her head in reponse.

Ellie thinks in common 'But why weavers. dont make much sense. I would say a whore house.'

A one-legged man says in common, in a raspy croak, 'Something like trying to light a campfire on deck.  One fella said Najahal was yelling about his fortune being made before we all saw the flames.  It's all rumor now, but I sure haven't seen him since.'

Ellie gently lands on the ground.

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common 'We looked around the ship. Found no sign of him or piles of bait or gold! Maybe he blew up entirely.'

Ellie looks at Naline.

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, tipping his head at the door, 'You guys dragged out that broken thing near Paron's old boat?'

Wheelock says in common, speaking up, 'We did, aye.'

Ellie thinks in common 'Broken thing?'

Alarac gives Wheelock a relieved look, visibly relaxing after a one-legged man's question is answered.

A one-legged man says in common, as if it were obvious, 'Of course there's nothing in it.  It's split right in half.  Anything in it would have fallen right out.'

Naline nods in silence toward Ellie.

Naline gives a quick look toward Wheelock and Alarac.

Ellie looks at Wheelock.

Claire steps back discretely to move over toward Ellie turning her back to the group.

A one-legged man pulls up a stool with a few clunks of his wooden leg and turns to take a seat.  His shoulders are deeply hunched and he rests his hands on his knees.

Wheelock says to a one-legged man in common, in a firm baritone, 'Thank you. Have you seen any geysers coming from the ocean?'

Wheelock says to a one-legged man in common, in a firm baritone, 'Or, well, anything unusual coming from the sea?'

Ellie thinks in common 'Odd question...'

Ellie thinks in common 'What did this paper say again?'

Claire whispers in Ellie's ear.
Claire whispers in common to Ellie, her words quiet, punctuating with a smile, 'We are looking to learn a  bit of information regarding the wreckage we came accross in the sea.'

A one-legged man says to Wheelock in common, with a tired shake of his head, 'Nope.  Most exciting thing that happens here is a crazy man burns his boat, and a bunch of wealth-looking people come in here asking about him.'

Ellie tilts her head questioningly at Claire.

A one-legged man taps the side of his head all of a sudden and snaps his fingers.

Claire whispers in Ellie's ear.
Claire whispers in common to Ellie, curtly nodding, 'I will explain in detail once we have some of these questions answered.'

Ellie thinks in common 'Odd.. they are asking about some wreckage and not about the tiger?'

Wheelock watches a one-legged man expectantly.

A one-legged man says in common, in a raspy croak, 'Oh yeah, I should mention... He kept saying, "The fortune's in the fish.  The fortune's /in/ the fish."  He didn't even know or care what fish, and that's why he bought everything.'

Ellie nods slightly toward Claire.

Ellie stops using a strand of shimmering crystal sparks.

Alarac says to Wheelock in common, vaguely, '... A fish ate it?'

Wheelock nods.

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'That's what I figured.'

Wheelock says to a one-legged man in common, in a firm baritone, 'Thank you. You've been immensely helpful.'

Ellie thinks in common 'Interesting... time to go fishing.'

Ellie thinks to herself in common 'Though if it is a large fish one will need large bait.'

Wheelock says to a one-legged man in common, in a firm baritone, 'I don't suppose you know where he went after? Who'd you hear the bit about a weaver from?'

A one-legged man says to Wheelock in common, hopefully, 'You gonna buy some bait here? Maybe a bit of everything?'

Wheelock says to a one-legged man in common, replying, 'Do you know anything about where he went?'

Ellie peeks a one-legged man.

Claire nods again before turning back to face the rest of those present with an intrigued expression, her head falling curiously to the side.

Wheelock flips open a lacquered black case with irium clasps, tugging out a small jangling pouch.

Naline says to a one-legged man in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Yes, I'd like to buy one bit of everything if it is fresh... What's the going price?'

Ellie counts her money.

A one-legged man says to Wheelock in common, blankly, 'What weaver?  I didn't say anything about a weaver.'

Alarac pulls a pouch out, himself, which is pitifully sagging.

Naline steps out from behind Claire and Wheelock.

Alarac says to Wheelock in common 'That was me, yes. Rusty mentioned the weaver.'

Wheelock says to Alarac in common, in a firm baritone, 'Ah, that's right.'

Wheelock nods.

Wheelock says to a one-legged man in common, in a firm baritone, 'Apologies. We've been looking around for quite awhile.'

Ellie rolls her eyes as she notices the vaying wieght of the money pouches.

Wheelock says to a one-legged man in common, in a firm baritone, 'I've got ten gold for you now for your words. Another five to keep them to yourself, if anyone else comes looking.'

A one-legged man says in common, in a raspy croak, 'I got a bit of everything.  The chum's real good if you're after sharks.'

Claire touches a small, near empty, leather pouch fastened to her belt before pressing her lips into a line and letting her hand fall to her side casually. Falling silent she begins to simply observe.

Ellie thinks in common 'These people are so lacking in funds.'

Ellie slips Claire 30 gold.

Naline buys a bucket of chum from a one-legged man.
Wheelock buys a bucket of chum from a one-legged man.
Wheelock buys a bucket of chum from a one-legged man.
Wheelock buys a bucket of chum from a one-legged man.
Wheelock buys a bucket of chum from a one-legged man.
Wheelock buys a bucket of chum from a one-legged man.

Naline nods at a one-legged man.

Wheelock gives a one-legged man some coins.

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common, head dipping, 'Thank you for all the information. What a quality shop. I'll be sure to mention this place when I go home!'

Naline whispers in Wheelock's ear.
Naline whispers in common to Wheelock, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'It appears that the short, skinny girl left the shop. Must have heard our conversation now.'

Ellie leaves east.
Ellie steps out of the darkness.

Alarac thinks in common 'I wish I had that whelk.'

mail list all alarac

Wheelock leaves east.
Claire leaves east.
Naline leaves east.
You follow Wheelock.
Main Street Along the Coast [Room 29274]
A narrow road of crushed seashells and sand runs along the water's edge.
Small ruts have been dug out of the ground by the foot traffic that has
compacted the roadway over time.  Just off the side of the dirt street, to the
west, is a small, weather-beaten shack constructed of warped and rotting wood.
A small, handpainted sign above the door to the shack depicts a fish and a
hook.


[Exits: north south west]
Naline is here.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.
(Golden Aura) Wheelock, Instrument of the Eagle is here.
Alarac has arrived from the west.


Ellie has arrived from the north.

Ellie looks all around.

Wheelock says to Claire in common, in a firm baritone, 'Do you know the thin one?'

Wheelock looks at Ellie.

Ellie leaves west.

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, '... well.'

Alarac peers intently west.

Wheelock peers intently west.

Claire says to Wheelock in common, nodding with a smile, 'I do.'

Wheelock says to Claire in common, in a firm baritone, 'Is she.. eh. On the level?'

Naline says in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'Hrm. I suppose we should go dive down into the harbour, and if that fails, then perhaps go fishing.'

Wheelock nods.

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'Not now, though. I've owed Tullius a lesson for nearly a day, now.'

Ellie has arrived from the west.

Claire says to Wheelock in common, nodding once more, 'Yes, I would certainly say so.'

Oprog (177) With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Ellie begins to fly.

Alarac says to Wheelock in common 'Alright! You should tend to your other obligations, yes. I'll get word back to you if you need to go now.'

Wheelock stares at Ellie.

Alarac looks at Ellie.

Alarac says to Ellie in common 'You do not look so good in an apron; it doesn't suit you.'

Ellie looks at herself.

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'But i rather like this outfit.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Keeps the fish off of me.'

l
Main Street Along the Coast [Room 29274]
A narrow road of crushed seashells and sand runs along the water's edge.
Small ruts have been dug out of the ground by the foot traffic that has
compacted the roadway over time.  Just off the side of the dirt street, to the
west, is a small, weather-beaten shack constructed of warped and rotting wood.
A small, handpainted sign above the door to the shack depicts a fish and a
hook.


[Exits: north south west]
(Ellie) A weathered woman in an apron arranges piles of fish on a large table.
Alarac is here.
Naline is here.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.
(Golden Aura) Wheelock, Instrument of the Eagle is here.

Ellie rolls her shoulders in a small shrug.

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Finefine. I be back.'

Ellie leaves south.

Alarac says in common 'Do you think we should chum the waters or go dive around briefly, first?'

Ellie has arrived from the south.

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'You may.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'It could be dangerous, though.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'A shark that's swallowed a figurine like that - just be careful, is all.'

Wheelock says in common, in a firm baritone, 'In any case, walk well.'

Alarac says to Wheelock in common 'Alright! Bye!'

You reward Naline with 10% herbs.

Claire says to Alarac in common, her eyes a bit wide, 'I would prefer not to be asked to dive anywhere below the waters surface if I could make such a request.'

Ellie wraps her arms about Claire and rests her head on Claire's shoulder as she looks at the group.

Naline says to Alarac in common, in a loud and penetrating voice, 'I think we should dive first, before chumming to bring the sharks over.'

Wheelock says to Claire in common, in a firm baritone, 'A pleasure to meet you, Lady Paladin.'

Ellie looks at Wheelock.

Claire says to Wheelock in common, dipping at the waist, her fist coming to rest over her chest, 'Yes, a pleasure indeed. Be safe until we next meet.'

Wheelock says to Claire in common, elaborating, 'One so rarely finds reasonable people.'

Wheelock slants an affectionate look at Alarac.

Wheelock prays for transportation!
Wheelock begins to disappear in a whorl of purple light.

Alarac says to Naline in common 'Good idea! I am going to try and recruit more help in case we summon a big pack of sharks.'

Naline nods at Alarac.

Alarac says to Claire in common 'WOuld you like to lead onward to the pier in the mean time?'

Alarac gets a dull, hexagonal crystal from a lacquered black case with irium clasps.

Alarac stops using an ornate trident with coral inlay.

Alarac holds a dull, hexagonal crystal in his hand.

Claire pulls her arms further about herself. Firmly she nods to Alarac and looks about herself to gain her bearings.

Ellie thinks in common 'I doubt it will be a shark..'

Alarac joins Claire's group.

Naline joins Claire's group.

Ellie thinks in common 'Bigger things in the ocean then them.'

Alarac says to Claire in common, after a beat, 'One of the Nexus is a dagahasi. He is relatively non-murderous for their type. He would be most helpful in not getting eaten.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'He wont fight with claire saddly.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I already asked him once for something else.'

Claire says to Alarac in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I do not believe any of their type to be non-murderous. Only waiting for an opportunity to find advantage.'

Claire says to Ellie in common, arching a brow, 'You believe it to be the same dagahasi?'

Alarac thinks in common 'Is Gahr associated with the Coterie? I guess it doesn't matter if he's our friend and we're not hiding our quest anyway.'

Ellie sticks her lower lip out and bouts as she wraps her legs about Claire's torso, effectively making Claire give her a piggy back ride.

Alarac says to Ellie in common, placidly, 'All I need is for him to keep sharks from eating me. He doesn't need to fight with her.'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Alarac ah true true.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I am thinking you mean gahr yes? Or that shamany necromancer one?'
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2014, 12:22:02 AM »
Varlo decided to interrogate the barkeep of Hostel Intent.  He was given the following information:

  • Lots of bounty hunters have been gathering for the money.  They're doing unsavory things like piking lythren and stringing up rats to watch them die.
  • Darkwater didn't pike the lythren.  They don't pike people in the open anymore.
  • The Coterie bought the artifacts once and they were stolen in transit.
  • Some people have gone to Salty Harbor and they think the trail's cold there.
  • One of the artifacts was returned to the basilica.  He was given the same info about there being at least 5 of them.
------

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Oi there, lad. Ye be the owner o' the establishment or just the barkeep?'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a a in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'This's mine for now.'

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, giving a small nod of his head, 'Ye have many visitors to the place or perhaps just a small group of regulars?'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'Mostly regulars, folks that don't like the other bars here.  Lately, we've been getting a lot of bounty hunters.  Unsavory sorts, even for Darkwater.'

An aged male taurlok laughs harshly.

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, with a faint grimmace, 'I would imagine that be quite unsavory indeed. I don't be too familiar with the area meself, which is why I be askin' the questions.'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, pointing his thumb over his shoulder, 'You've seen that lythren out there?  That isn't anything.'

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, raising an eyebrow, 'No?'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'That isn't anything Darkwater did, is what I meant.'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'We've got enough sense since we came to Seria to know we oughtn't be piking people in the Seria.'

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, curiously remarking, 'It was implied that the Coterie did it but I s'pose that no real claim was made.'

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, in a bellowing voice, 'I have actually come with a purpose in regards to that group. I am no means a bounty hunter but I wished to make contact with the group regarding their lost or stolen artifact.'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'Bounty hunters've been coming from all over.  First they were piking everything in the sewers, even skewering rats all in a row and laughing as they wriggled and bled their guts out.'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'Well, that's the nature of the Coterie, eh?  Everyone and nobody's part of 'em.  There probably isn't a shopkeeper in Seria that hasn't taken some help back when the clans were busy warring with each other.'

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Are the bounty hunters here because of the Coterie or have they come for something else?'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'The Coterie put out the stuff saying they'd pay for the artifacts, so all sorts of folks are here, some dirtying up the place.'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'News is the Coterie paid for them once, so they're irate to have to buy them back again.'

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, in a bellowing voice, 'I don't s'pose ye have any first hand knowledge on the artifact that they lost?'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'Nope, 'cept there's a bunch of them.  The last group of bounty hunters in here was pissed off someone found one of them and got the gold for it.  A couple are looking to the east now.'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'I haven't heard about anyone finding the one said to be in the east though.  Seems like everyone who goes there comes back saying the trail's gone cold.'

An aged male taurlok picks up a mug and wipes it, making it squeak loudly.

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, nodding once, 'Aye, that seems to be the case I have heard. I don't s'pose ye know how many there be?'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'Heard there was a jaguar, a tiger, a leopard, a lynx, and an ole tabby... maybe another but I forgot what it was.  All black stone things with jewels for eyes.'

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, in a bellowing voice, 'The notice that most of Seria has heard is that there was only a tiger that was stolen.'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'Eh?  The first one said there were a bunch.  All I know is right now focus is on the tiger.'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, ''course, they weren't very specific, just said there were "certain artifacts."'

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, stroking his beard, 'Perhaps I heard wrong then. Fair enough, thank ye for ye time.'

An aged male taurlok says to Varlo in common, in a gruff, rumbling bass, 'I heard the first one got taken to the basilica if that helps.  Though don't mug anyone in there.  The gods'll frown on it.'

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, in a bellowing voice, 'I imagine so. I wouldn't start a fight in a holy place.'

An aged male taurlok nods at Varlo.

Varlo says to an aged male taurlok in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Take care.'

Varlo leaves west.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2014, 12:33:07 AM »
Najahal: m1225
Name:        [najahal vindaril scrawny dark skinned human man]
Proper name: Najahal
Proper surname: Vindaril
Proper long desc:
Najahal is here.
Short descr: a scrawny, dark-skinned human man
Long descr:
A scrawny, dark-skinned human man is here.
Description:
This scrawny human man's dark skin is heavily burned on the lower half of his
face, his chest, and his hands.  The pale wounds look freshly healed, and some
of the more serious areas are still scabbed over.  Even some of his black hair
is charred, though this is less noticeable due to its wild, disheveled
appearance.  His arms and legs are leanly-muscled despite his small frame, and
his hands are calloused from hard physical labor.  The man's eyes are small
and beady above a protuberant, knobby nose and pronounced front teeth. 


Head: o1235 with added desc
This decapitated human head looks to have belonged to a rather corpulent
specimen of the race.  Flabby, cheeks sport thick sideburns, and the thinning,
mussed hair still reeks of grease.  The head has started to decay, and some of
the thinner tissues have shriveled up.  The stump of the neck looks to have
been raggedly hacked off from the body, as the connecting tissues are all torn
apart from cutting.

Outfit:
oload 7869
oload 31027
oload 944
oload 8234
oload 9325

---

Najahal made an appearance today.  He started out by passing by Alarac, Varlo, and Ellie.  He glances at Ellie and keeps on going.  The three of them start chasing him, so he runs.  During the chase, he offloads his bag and lets them find him.
  • They interrogate him on why he's running.  He said he ran because 3 armed people came after him.
  • They interrogate him on what's in the bag.  He says "clothes" and that he left it with the man he was staying with.
  • They keep on interrogating and he refuses to answer more, citing he's a stranger, doesn't know them, and he's done nothing wrong.
  • Najahal says he's looking for work and pay and he heard Ricard is providing it.  He's looking for Ricard.
  • The group doesn't know how to get Ricard, and finally Alarac looks at him and realizes he's Najahal.
  • Najahal says he's going then and walks off.
----
Alarac has arrived through a shimmering gate.

Najahal stops using a short-bladed fishing knife.

Najahal puts a short-bladed fishing knife in a thick leather armguard with a dagger sheath.

Alarac says to Najahal in common 'Aha! Halt!'

Najahal says to Alarac in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'What do you want?'

Alarac pauses, scratching at the back of his neck as he eyes Najahal.

Alarac says to Najahal in common, simply, 'What was in your big bag?'

You say to Alarac in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Clothes.  I left them at the place I was staying.'

Najahal says to Alarac in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Why're you all chasing me around?  I haven't done anything.'

Varlo has arrived from the north.

Varlo leaves south.

Varlo has arrived from the south.

Yukawl yells in common, in a high-pitched screech, 'You frippin' idiot, I'll find my crystal and reverse your damn bearding spell!'

Yukawl screeches in fury as she stomps her feet on the ground, nearly tripping over her beard.

Varlo says to Alarac in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Any luck?'

Alarac says to Varlo in common, murmuring aside, 'He said clothes.'

Alarac looks at Najahal.

Varlo says to Alarac in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Clothes? What do ye mean, clothes?'

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'A man can't have just one shirt on his back.  Now stop chasing me around like I'm a thug of some sort.'

Alarac says to Varlo in common 'He said clothes were in his bag!'

At South Street and Blackwood Boardwalk [Room 3134]
The tower of a white sandstone building rises to the east as a vantage point.
A large wooden bridge at the base of these towers offers travel over the
Serian River that rushes beneath it, carrying the occasional small boat or
raft.  Purple and silver banners fly along the bridge, bright color among the
otherwise drab city.  A blackwood boardwalk populated with colorful tents
leads west into Darkwater Borough.  Brown cobblestone picks up to the north
and south of the bridge and winds its way through the city.

[Exits: north south west down]
(Golden Aura) Varlo, Champion of the Crusade is here.
Yukawl stamps her feet here while searching the ground.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
Gus Lavinson plays marbles by himself here.
(Red Aura) Najahal is here, peering at the corpse, a frown upon his face.
A crowd of Serians make their way among the city as they go about their business.


Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a gruff manner, 'Well, if ye don't be a thug, go ahead and open the bag and proof ye case, aye?'

Najahal says to Varlo in common, throwing up his hands, 'I don't have it anymore.  I left it with the fellow who I was staying with.'

Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Which fellow might that be?'

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I haven't broken any law in Seria, mate.'

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'You can't interrogate me for no reason.'

Gus leaves north.

Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Show me the law that says I can't?'

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'You ain't a lawkeeper.'

Alarac rubs at his forehead, looking between the bigger men.

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Plus, I don't have it now.  Yell at me all you want.'

Varlo peers intently north.

Varlo peers intently south.

Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Do ye be seein' any other lawkeeper around?'

Alarac says to Najahal in common 'I don't see why you would have anything but clothes. It is odd that you ran off abruptly, is all, so we got curious!'

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'The peacekeepers and magistrates.  You're just chasing a guy around because he has a bag.'

Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a bellowing voice, 'What be ye name, lad?'

Najahal says to Alarac in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Yeah, when a bunch of people with loads of finery and big weapons come chasing you, you don't think you're getting mugged.'

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'None of your business.'

Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Ye don't be exactly cooperative, ye know that? It be comin' off rather shady.'

Ellie has arrived from the west.

Alarac says to Najahal in common 'That is fair! But if we wanted to mug you, we would have done it already.'

Ellie looks at Najahal.

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I don't know you.  I'm not one of those sappy adventurers that spills his life story to everyone passing.'

Varlo motions toward himself.

Varlo says in common, in a bellowing voice, 'I be Varlo Kramph, Champion o' the Crusade.'

Najahal folds his arms and snorts.

Alarac thinks to Varlo in common 'You're doing the exact opposite of what we should be doing to get information.'

A crowd of Serians leaves north.

Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a bellowing voice, 'I don't be harassin' ye will any ill intent, aye? Someone be lookin' shady and actin.'

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Never heard of you.  I'm just here for work and pay, same stuff everyone wants.'

Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a bellowing voice, 'It be a good idea to follow up with' 'em.'

Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Ye be one o' those bounty hunters I be hearin' about?'

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Maybe, mayben not.  I'm looking for a fellow who goes by "Ricard."'

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'It's why I was looking at your friend there.  I can't get much of a description on him... heard he's got paying work though.'

Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a bellowing voice, 'I be knowin' of Ricard, aye? Why do ye want to be findin' him?'

Ellie thinks in common 'Ricard? dont think i know that one...'

Najahal fidgets under scrutiny.  His gaze flickers to a piked black lythren corpse before dropping.  He scratches at his arm, picking at a scab.

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I said, I heard he's got paying work.'

Alarac says to Najahal in common 'Yes! For treasure hunters, mostly, at current! Are you hunting for treasure? I am very good at that.'

Najahal says in common, glancing to a piked black lythren corpse again, 'This place's real ghastly.  I never knew Seria was full of this sort of stuff.'

Najahal picks off the remaining scab on his arm and flicks it off.  He rubs the raw, healing wound vigorously.

Najahal says to Alarac in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I already told you.  I'm looking for work and pay.  We're not all rich.'

Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a bellowing voice, 'It be either the man ye be lookin' for or goons lookin' for him that be doin' it.'

Najahal looks at himself.

Ellie slowly edges away from Najahal.

Ellie looks at Najahal.

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I just want to talk to him.'

Alarac says to Najahal in common 'I wish I could help! Ricard is hard to get ahold of, though. He must be very busy.'

Najahal says to Alarac in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I heard he's around this place, but like I said, I can't get much of a description or a meeting spot on him.'

Varlo says to Najahal in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Can't be sayin' that I could help ye out much in that department either, aye?'

Alarac looks at Najahal.

Najahal says to Varlo in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Figures then.  You happy now?  I'm gonna go.'

Najahal leaves west.

Alarac yells in common 'Wait! Just a moment!'

Alarac peers intently west.

Ellie peers intently west.

Alarac leaves west.
Ellie leaves west.
Varlo leaves west.

Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #7 on: April 23, 2014, 12:52:03 AM »
  • Najahal approaches Gahr, thinking he's affiliated with the Coterie.
  • Gahr threatens him.
  • Najahal decides to try and cut a deal with Gahr since he doesn't have the artifact.
  • Najahal says he murdered the fat merchant who bought the tiger artifact from a lythren.
  • The merchant was a pompous bastard who mistreated the fishermen.
  • The head was sawed off and then Najahal took the merchant's gold to buy chum to dispose of the body.
  • Unfortunately, the tiger caught on fire and blasted him into the ocean while he was discarding the body.
  • He sells the head and the info to Gahr, and Gahr lets him go.
  • What hasn't changed is the tiger is still in the water as thought.  Just now there's an explanation for why the Coterie said it was on a merchant and how Najahal was a poor fisherman yet had the gold to buy out the bait shop.
----

South Street Outside of Manhunters [Room 3120]
Behind a moss-covered, wrought-iron fence, a violet tent peeks up from its
spot on Blackwood Boardwalk in Darkwater Borough.  Paved with auburn
cobblestones, the street makes its way beside a rickety wooden building to the
east.  Flanked by two stonetowers, a large bridge sits just south of here,
crossing the Seria River.  The openness of the center of Seria can be seen off
to the distant north while a tall gate sits to the distant south.


[Exits: north (east) south]
Yukawl stamps her feet here while searching the ground.
You leave Nexus territory and enter contested clan territory.


Najahal knocks on the door to the east.

The door to the east opens.

Gahr has arrived from the east.
A black kitten with white socks has arrived from the east.

Najahal looks at Gahr.

Gahr looks at Najahal.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, hefting his bag over hsi shoulder, 'Hey, you know Ricard?'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, eyes narrowed, 'I know Ricard.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Right-o.  What's he look like?  I got something for him.'

Najahal narrows his eyes and looks Gahr over.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, after a moment, 'You are one of them Coterie blokes, right?'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, hesitantly at first before asking with curiosity, 'What do you have for him?'

Najahal shakes his head before patting the bag over his shoulder with his hand.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Couldn't get the tiger thing, man.  I got the other thing, and I got the info.'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, eyeing the human and then the bag, 'Aye, I'm Coterie. I know Ricard real well.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'What's the code word, eh?'

Gahr lifts an irium longsword with an emerald-studded hilt and simply glances from the blade to Najahal.

Najahal takes a step back inadvertently, his beady eyes watching Gahr's longsword.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'The code word I think you're looking for is...life.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'You kill me, the info's gone.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, taking another step back, 'I've got enough kids running after me in this city for no reason at all.'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, matching with a step forward, 'There are ways of extracting information...'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'If you knew what I've done, you wouldn't think I'd be afraid of a clunking fellow with a big sword.  I bet you aren't Coterie and you don't know Ricard after all.'

Najahal backs all the way into the street.  The bag hangs from one hand; whatever is inside it is round and bloody.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, his upper lip rising, exposing his fangs as he notices the blood, 'Mmmmm, you might be right about one thing.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'How 'bout we make a deal, man?  I can't collect on this, but maybe you can give me a little, get the whole reward for yourself.'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'What is you want?'

Najahal glances to a Serian Peacekeeper before tipping his head toward the door of the bar to the east.

Gahr nods once.

Gahr opens the door to the east.

Gahr leaves east.
A black kitten with white socks leaves east.

Najahal leaves east.
The Battered Bar of the Manhunters [Room 814]
This cramped and stuffy bar is dimly-lit by the wide fireplace against the
southern wall.  Oaken floorboards covered in dents and scrapes form lines of
alternating dark and light wood across the floor.  Fading red paint that
borders on the brown of dried human blood covers the pitted and damaged walls
of the establishment.  Antique weapons, animal skins, and trophy heads clutter
the walls, adding an animal smell to that of stale ale.  A narrow staircase in
the northeast corner leads upward to the second floor, while the entrance of
the shop opens to South Street to the west.


[Exits: west (up) (down)]
(Red Aura) Najahal is here.
(Charmed) A black kitten with white socks sits here, tail flicking from side to side.
(Red Aura) Gahr is here.
(Red Aura) Terka perches atop the pile of furs here.
Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters', polishes mugs at the counter.
You leave contested clan territory and enter Nexus territory.

Gahr closes the door to the west.

Najahal edges in the doorway, then scurries to the other side of a table, putting it between himself and Gahr.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'You put your sword away.  I won't run.  But you stay where you are, and I'll stay here and tell you the info.'

Najahal looks at Gerlaz.

Gahr slowly withdraws a chair, lowers his weaponry and seats himself.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, indicating Gerlaz with his chin, 'He won't tell.  The Coterie's helped him a lot, he told me.'

Gahr stops using a heavy steel flail with broken flanges.

Gahr stops using an irium longsword with an emerald-studded hilt.

Najahal drops a large burlap bag.

Najahal tosses a large burlap bag no the table.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'Aye...I know this one has associations..'

Najahal puts a short-bladed fishing knife in a leather dagger sheath with arm straps.

Gahr peeks into the bag and glances up at Najahal after he does.

Najahal wears a leather dagger sheath with arm straps on his arms.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'You know who that is?'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'So you're not afraid me, can't blame an old dag for trying.'

Najahal gets a bloody, decapitated human head from a large burlap bag.

Najahal drops a bloody, decapitated human head.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'That  Najahal I've been hearing about?'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, laughing, 'Hah.  I think you blokes've got it all wrong.'

Najahal motions toward himself.

Najahal says in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I am known as Najahal Vindaril.'

Gahr looks at Najahal.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'Ah, hence the burns on your body. Didn't go down with the ship after all..'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Now, you want the info or not?  I want gold for it.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'A hundred for the head and the info.  This's the head the Coterie're wanting, but they need the artifact with it.'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'And you have it or you know where it is?'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, shaking his head, 'I sorta know where it is.  You want the story?'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'I do, you want the gold now?'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Half 'n half, how's that?  And you let me go after that.'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'We have an accord then.'

Gahr counts his money.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'I'll need to stop at the depository.'

Najahal nods.

Gahr stands and breezes out of the room.

Gahr opens the door to the west.

Gahr leaves west.
A black kitten with white socks leaves west.

From the west, Yukawl yells in common, in a high-pitched screech, 'You frippin' idiot, I'll find my crystal and reverse your damn bearding spell!'

Gahr has arrived from the west.
A black kitten with white socks has arrived from the west.

Gahr slams the door behind him.

Gahr closes the door to the west.

Najahal says in common, pointing, 'On the table, fifty now.  Don't get too close...'

Gahr drops a small bag of gold atop the table as he resumes his prior seating arrangement.

Gahr gives Najahal some coins.

Najahal reaches over just to grab the bag of coins and pulls it away.  His eyes dart to Gahr nervously as he does so before he opens the bag, taking the barest peek inside.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Right, so.  You remember what them Coterie sent out, right?'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'Aye, seeking stolen artifacts..'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, shaking his head, 'No, the one saying it was to the east.  Remember who they said had their tiger thing?'

A black kitten with white socks deposits something before Gahr and then meows loudly for attention.

Najahal ties the bag of coins to his belt.  His eyes remain on Gahr, watching for any sudden movement.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'That was you, aye?'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Wrong again, man.'

You silently give a single sheet of paper to Najahal.

Najahal digs in a pocket, pulling out a very dirty and wrinkled sheet of paper.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'They wrote of a seafaring merchant...'

Najahal drops a wrinkled, dirty sheet of paper.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Right-o.  So you think the whole Coterie's wrong about it all?  That their artifact just ended up in the sea and poor Najahal fished it up?'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'I know the Coterie seek to gain. That was absolute in all of this.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Tell me, man.  What's the story you know, about how this tiger ended up in Salty Harbor and how I'm involved in this?'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'My associates have been told some things about you..'

Najahal says in common, snorting in disdain, 'The old barkeep and the bait man?  They had no clue why.  So what'd they tell ya?'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'They saw a ship burning out to sea and were told the ships captain lit the blaze.'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'Said he was quiting the fishing, leaving that life behind..'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'There was speculation about the captain going into basket weaving or some such, said the captain purchased large quantities of bait.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Right-o, man.  For the first fifty, I'll tell you how Najahal ended up with his boat burnt up and himself in Seria with a head in a bag.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I wasn't ever a wealthy man, right.  So when this old thing came from the west into Salty Harbor...'

Najahal taps his fingers on a wrinkled, dirty sheet of paper.

Gahr leans forward, positioning his elbows on the table as his expression reveals his intrigue.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I remembered, man.  I remembered seeing that lythren in Salty Harbor, thinking it was real strange.  He had some new wares to sell, real, real eager to sell.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'And this bloke..'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Fat bastard, some merchant who weren't so rich but liked to think it still put him above the poor fisherman, he bought it.  That tiger thing.  Paid a pitiful sum for such a fine thing.'

Najahal spits on the ground.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'He snubbed me that day, and I remembered that he had that thing.  So I knifed him as he as leaving the bar.  Fat bastard barely could scream through all his blood and rolls!'

Gahr emits a short rasp of laughter.

Najahal almost grins as well, but quickly schools his expression back into careful watchfulness.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Now, Najahal may not have been a real good fisherman, but he sure knew what was worth money.  And the fat merchant's head was worth money, so I hacked it off.'

Najahal tips his chin toward a bloody, decapitated human head.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'You made good work of him. Took the artifact off his person did you?'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I did, but here's where your story didn't get it right.  I betcha your story didn't say how a poor fisherman got a bunch of gold to buy all that bait, eh?'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'There was speculation as to why, never about as to how.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, pointing to a bloody, decapitated human head, 'I took it from him.  Figured I ought to get rid of his body before Salty Harbor had me hanged, right?  Whole fortune was riding on it.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I took that fat bastard's gold and bought out the bait man's shop.  All the chum for the fish, and then I chopped up his body and dumped it in too.  I made good work of it.  There's a whole fortune riding on a bunch of fish.'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'Oh, you are some kind of fisherman...'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Well, now, here's the part where you kind of got it right.  I turned to grab the tiger and head to Seria, and then the whole thing blew up!'

Najahal grimaces, holding out his hands to show Gahr the burned skin.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'Not making a campfire on deck.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Blasted me right off into the sea.  I wouldn't be a fisherman if I couldn't swim, and that boat was everything I had, so I wouldn't have burned it if I could.'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'Was the artifact destroyed?'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I don't know where the tiger went, man.  If it was on the boat, it wasn't there when those people came and pulled it out.  The boat split right in half, so it probably fell out.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'All I had was the rest of the fat merchant's gold and the head, and that's all I got here.  Them Coterie won't just take a head without the artifact.'

Najahal sucks on the inside of his cheek.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, appearing thoughtful as he seems to ponder, 'No, no they won't. The artifact is most important.'

Gerlaz sets a mug a little too hard on the counter, making everything on it rattle.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'No doubt they will be thrilled to hear of the merchant's gutting and the brutality of his death....splendid story by the way..'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'Why do you suppose the artifact blew up?'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I dunno, man.  It didn't blow up so much as created fire out of nowhere.  Nothing was burning, yet it was sending fire everywhere.  A huge blast of heat.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'It's probably in the sea now, else it'd have burned up the harbor.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'I can tell you what sort of fish I chummed up, man.  Barracuda.  A couple of tiger sharks.  Never caught one though.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, hopefully, 'The other fifty?'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, biting his lower lip as he sits back, 'Supposing I need to get to the harbor and throw out a line...'

Gahr rubs his nose before he tosses another sack of gold atop the table.

Gahr gives Najahal some coins.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'Maybe your associates can figure it out.  I took that fat merchant's gold, and I'll take less for the head and the story.'

Najahal opens this sack of gold and counts it more carefully before tying it too with the other bag.

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'We'll see what Ricard has to say. Not sure if we can find that artifact...'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'He won't want it without the artifact as proof, man.  Anyone can find a head.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'If he just wanted a head, I'd have handed it over for the full two fifty.'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'Then I guess I'm left with no choice except to find that artifact, even if I have to gut a tiger shark to do it.'

Najahal says to Gahr in common, grinning unpleasantly, 'Isn't my problem now, man.  I got my gold another way, and I'm off to a new life.'

Najahal raises his hands and edges along the bar, heading toward the door.

Najahal says to Gahr in common, in a scratchy wheeze, 'That all, man?'

Gahr says to Najahal in common, with a parched voice, 'That's all. You're free...'

Najahal turns and runs.

Najahal opens the door to the west.

Najahal leaves west.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #8 on: April 23, 2014, 04:26:57 AM »
  • Alarac, Tua, and Ellie find out from Stumpy that the weather's gotten really hot in Salty Harbor and lots of fish have been schooling in the water.  Unfortunately, nobody wants to buy all that fish, so the novelty's worn off for the natives.
  • The three of them buy some very foul chum and some fishing spears and head out into the harbor.
  • Dumping the chum attracts lots of fish.  Nothing out of the ordinary seems to happen until they go into the water.
  • They find that the water is very warm and there is something on the seabed causing the heat.  As they approach it, night falls and the fish that were swarming the chum start fleeing.
  • They are attacked by two tiger sharks. Tua and Ellie are killed.
  • Alarac rescues them along with the item from the seabed that's covered in seagrass.
  • Along the way, the item is revealed to be the tiger statuette.  It immediately begins setting them on fire.
  • They give it to Szaloch and ask him if he's thought about their request.  Szaloch says that if there is no promise of safety, they should not expect the entire truth.  However, he says the statuettes create pure elements and the Coterie intend to use them to improve Darkwater.  The jaguar is used to produce clean water and the tiger will power forges and heat residences.  He reminds them that the tabby is a null totem, and it is the tame cat that opposes the 4 wild cats that represent the untamed elements.  That is, the tabby keeps the others in check.
  • Szaloch also demonstrates that he can pick up the tiger and calm its fiery wrath.
  • Finally, he says there is talk that the lynx is way off in the south and a formal notice will be issued when more is known.
-----

Inside a Putrid Bait Shop [Room 29283]
Creaking and rotting wooden boards compose the floor of this ramshackle shop,
which looks to be little more than just a battered shack.  Long poles crafted
of wood, bamboo, and even a few that have been molded of metals line the
cracked wooden walls.  The pungent smell of salt air and dying sea life fill
the shack, creating quite a stench to all but the most tolerant of noses.
Large buckets, filled with small fish and worms, sit in front of a makeshift
counter fashioned of wooden crates at the back of the shack.


[Exits: east]
(Golden Aura) Tua is here.
Ellie is here, floating in the air.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
A one-legged man examines his merchandise.

Ellie nods at Alarac.

Ellie counts her money.

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Though i only have seven ish gold on me right now..'

Alarac beams a smile at a one-legged man while he and the humans wander on into the shop.

Tua wrinkles his nose as he walks into the shop.

Alarac says to Ellie in common, murmuring aside through his wide smile, 'No sense in letting the world know.'

Ellie wiggles her fingers at a one-legged man-legged.

Ellie estimates Tua.

Ellie says to Alarac in common, grinning, 'I have No idea what you are talking bout.'

Ellie says to a one-legged man in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Ay-ah! Im ellie. Hows the fish taday?'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'Brought some new friends this time, eh?  With lots of gold for lots of bait?'

A one-legged man looks Ellie up and down, squinting an eye.

Tua counts his money.

A one-legged man looks at Ellie.

A one-legged man thinks in common 'Not as wealthy-looking as the other ones.  A bit tatty.'

Tua thinks in common 'No actually.... my pockets are near empty.'

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common 'Lots of gold for lots of bait and answers! Or not. But hopefully you will listen to some questions while we buy a bunch of chum.'

A one-legged man says to Ellie in common, in a raspy croak, 'Think I'm supposed to say they're real good.  That's what I always say.  Nobody buys the bait if you say fishing's terrible.'

Ellie grins.

Tua says to a one-legged man in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Well truth be told, fishing is always good, it is the catching that is in question.'

Tua gives a small grin to a one-legged man.

Ellie says to a one-legged man in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Perfect for selling bait then! What ya suggesting for catching large sharks as big as your boat?'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'It's been a little odd lately.  We've noticed a lot of fish swarming.  The sea's so full of fish, they're leaping out and onto the land sometimes.'

Tua tilts his head to the side.

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common 'That is peculiar! Just right off the pier? Maybe something has them all fired up down there.'

A one-legged man says to Ellie in common, in a raspy croak, 'Eh, giant sharks?  Probably a great big ship, a good crew, a lot of chum, and some harpoons.'

Tua thinks in common 'Swarming and leaping out of the watch and onto land.'

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession at Alarac.

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common 'Is that what you use for things like barracudas and tiger sharks? A lot of chunky chum?'

Tua thinks to Alarac in common 'That would be nice, if something literally had them fired up.'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'No, nobody fishes for those.  They're not that great to eat, and you dump more fish into the sea to catch them than you get back.'

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common, with a look back at Ellie and Tua, 'So you don't know what to bait them with?'

A one-legged man says in common, in a raspy croak, 'The schools of fish have all come closer to the shallows a bit earlier than is usual.  The fishermen'd be dancing if anyone bought fish these days.'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'I said you've got to dump a ton of fish in the sea, right?  Problem is, there's already plenty in there these days.'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'What I said was, nobody here fishes for them.  They're too much work and not much good for money or eating.  You're better off with some cod, or even a great big tuna.'

Ellie thinks in common 'But i like shark...'

Ellie thinks in common 'Tastes so much better then tuna '

Tua says to a one-legged man in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'A great big tuna? That sounds like a feat in itself to haul-in.'

Alarac says in common, to Tua and Ellie now, 'Do you think it might be killing them and making a frenzy as more and more gobble it up?'

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'That is possible, or it could be heating the water and driving them away from it...'

A one-legged man says to Tua in common, in a raspy croak, 'Tuna is worth the effort.  Shark, maybe some rich codger will come buying the fins to scam a bunch of sick folks, and then there's not all that much you earn from the rest to pay the whole crew.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Properly be driving em into a frenzy.. Though i dont know much of what these things can do..'

Tua says to a one-legged man in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Indeed.  And as you said, at least tuna is worth eating, shark is not so much.'

Alarac says in common, rubbing at his chin, muttering as an aside at Tua, 'They make good haversacks though.'

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common 'Alarac's Haversacks are the best in town, you know? You should sell them in your shop so people can carry a lot of chum easier.'

Ellie says to Tua in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I beg to differ! shark fin soup is delicious!'

Tua says to Alarac in common, leaning toward him, 'And good grips for weapons...'

Tua says to Ellie in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'I am not much of a fan, it just tastes different, very different.'

A one-legged man says in common, fanning himself, 'Must be the hot weather here lately driving the fish in.  It's like a whole season changed ahead of time.'

Tua says to a one-legged man in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Hot weather.... how long ago did the hot weather start?'

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common 'I guess fish are driven by temperature! Soon you will have a bunch of birds flocking in thinking it's time to migrate across the continent.'

A one-legged man says to Tua in common, in a raspy croak, 'Must have been one or two months now.  It's when the fish started coming in.  At first, the fishermen were pulling up huge catches, but then they started spoiling so everyone lost interest again.'

Alarac thinks in common 'Clearly, then, it must be underwater turning the bay warm. The fish are spawning early! How will we catch a shark in a spawning pool?'

A one-legged man says in common, smugly patting a bag at his waist, 'Must say, it was good for business--at least for a little time.'

Tua says to a one-legged man in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'The meat is spoiling before it can be salted and dried?'

Tua arches an eyebrow to a one-legged man.

A one-legged man says to Tua in common, nodding, 'Yep, there's not much point in salting it, plus the hot weather's making it spoil faster.  There's not all that need for salted meat, and Salty Harbor's not been full of wealthy folks buying fish.'

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common, going to fetch a bucket or two while asking conversationally, 'Well, we can always use more chum! No more unfortunate boat fires around here lately?'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'No, nothing of the sort, not after that fool Najahal's boat went up in flames.'

Tua gives a small shrug and then looks around.

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common, tsking, 'Who starts their boat on fire? Outrageous.'

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'You mean other than the dead?'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Boats are expensive.. mean seems like a waste.'

Ellie frowns.

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, pointing to Tua, 'You didn't fill him in on it, did you?  All you wealthy tourists coming in, thinking it's jolly good here.  There's no business since the clans left.  Salty Harbor's just for subsisting.'

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common 'We didn't discuss the state of the harbor lately! We are here to pass some time and maybe catch some tigers. Tiger sharks.'

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Alarac says to Tua in common 'Maybe the Stoneaxe clan can revive the fish market out here. Stone axes would be bad for fishing though, you know?'

A one-legged man tilts his head slightly to the side.

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Axes arnt good for fishing. Like hitting a fish with a rock.'

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Well, I am sure that the human tribes of the mountains would not mind someone bringing fish... but I would have to cure it.'

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common 'Thank you for the chat, anyway! Can I get a bucket of your finest, smelliest chum?'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'We don't see tiger sharks here often, at least not in the shallows.  They're big fish.'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, scratching his chin, 'I've got an old bucket of chum that's gone far more putrid than is usual.  Usually folks want the worst stuff for crabs, but I can get that for you if you want.'

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common 'Not even with the swarm of smaller fish due to the heat wave?'

Alarac looks at Tua.

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'Nope.  I wager there's fish farther out from the coast as well.'

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common, nodding at him, 'The oldest and the smelliest, please! How much for it?'

Tua looks at Alarac.

A one-legged man has created a bucket of chum.

Tua thinks in common 'I am starting to get the feeling I am going to be made shark bait.'

Alarac says in common, murmuring vaguely to the humans he came in with, 'How would heat radiate from a shark?'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'How about five gold pieces for it?'

Ellie says in common, quietly, 'May not be actual heat.. could be more of an aura that is causin change..'

A one-legged man heads to the back of the shop and lifts the lid off of a bucket.  He rapidly slams it closed again and drags the bucket over to the group, his false leg clunking along the way.

A one-legged man drops a bucket of rancid chum.

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common 'I have paid less for aged, fine wines!'

Alarac gives a one-legged man some coins.

Alarac gets a bucket of rancid chum.

A one-legged man says in common, rapidly pocketing the gold, 'And how about some fishing spears?'

Alarac retches as he gets a whiff of the bucket. He promptly hangs it off an ornate trident with coral inlay and slings it far over his shoulder.

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common, eye twitching, 'No thank you. I have one!'

A one-legged man looks at Ellie.

A one-legged man looks at Tua.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Spears?'

Alarac says to Ellie in common 'Yes! For shark spearing.'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Uum.. i dont have one i should if we are looking for sharks..'

Ellie says to a one-legged man in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'How much for one?'

A one-legged man says to Ellie in common, in a raspy croak, 'Two gold for one.  These are pretty light, but you won't be catching shark with a line.'

Tua counts his money.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Hmmm two gold? I guess i could part with that much..'

Ellie peeks a one-legged man.

Ellie gives a one-legged man some coins.

A one-legged man has created a fishing spear!

A one-legged man has created a fishing spear!

A one-legged man leans over and catches two fishing spears from where they lean on the wall.

A one-legged man gives a fishing spear to Ellie.

Ellie smiles.

Ellie stops using a braided fishing net.

Ellie stops using a silver dagger engraved with arabesques.

Ellie wields a fishing spear.

Tua mutters something under his breath.

Alarac says to Ellie in common 'You look like a real fisherwoman now!'

Alarac gives Tua some coins.

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Thank you.'

Tua gives a one-legged man some coins.

A one-legged man gives a fishing spear to Tua.

Alarac says to Tua in common 'You are welcome. I am not made of gold but it would be convenient if I was.'

Tua says to a one-legged man in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Thank you.'

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'If that is not the truth.'

Tua stops using a yeti-bone glaive with a clear, icy blade.

Tua wields a fishing spear.

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common 'We will report back if we need any more supplies! Thank you. Say, what is your name again? I have to remember who to talk about when I mention these fantastic prices!'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Or not.. mean then you would have had to give him a finger..'

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'Folks call me Stumpy around here.  I suppose that works!'

Tua looks at a one-legged man.

Ellie smirks at Alarac.

Tua surpresses a smirk on his face as he looks to Ellie and Alarac.

Alarac sniffs back a snicker by fussing at his nose and peering over his shoulder at a bucket of rancid chum.

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I aint touching that stuff.. There is a reason why i use cyrstal lures...'

Alarac says to a one-legged man in common, fixated on the chum bucket for the moment, 'Well thanks again, Stumpy! We need to go spear some sharks so our friends think we are most successful at fishing.'

Ellie waves at a one-legged man.

A one-legged man says to Alarac in common, in a raspy croak, 'Good luck to ya.  Tourists like you guys have money to spend, and aren't in it for a living.  Come back for more.'

Tua says to a one-legged man in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Thank you for the information Stumpy.'

Alarac says in common, pausing out of the shop, bucket swishing around, 'That is a peculiar set of information. If a shark ate the artifact, would it be heating up the ocean? Wouldn't it be dead?'

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Maybe, unless the artifact is protecting the shark from its heat.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Uuum.. less the relic thingy is looking out for itself and not killing the only thing keeping it from eternal depths of the ocean..'

Alarac says in common 'Maybe! I don't think they do that. They sure tried killing us last time we held one.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, pointing her thumb at Tua, 'Ooooor what he said.'

/* Walking */

Alarac leaves east.
Ellie leaves east.
Tua leaves east.
The Pier at Salty Harbor [Room 29293]
This dock is simply but sturdily built.  Thick posts run into the harbor
depths, and heavy planks run between them, held in place by wooden pegs and a
few long nails.  To the south stands a ramshackle building, balanced on long
stilts and more of the same posts that hold up the dock.  The small town of
Salty Harbor covers the shore to the west, while the pier stretches east into
the small cove.  The scents of salt water and fresh fish fill the breezy air.


[Exits: east south west]
(Golden Aura) Tua is here.
Ellie is here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.

Alarac says in common 'Let's go look around out there! It has to be somewhere. The water doesn't just heat up itself, right?'

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Indeed!'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Unless there is a giant fire bird around!'

Alarac thinks in common 'But if it's somehow in a shark, when would it come out? They don't eat things out in the sun, right?'

Alarac looks at Ellie.

Tua says to Ellie in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'And then the water isn't heating itself.'

Alarac says to Ellie in common 'It is alright. We can fight a bird fine too!'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Birds are mean...'

Alarac utters the words, 'waterwalk'.
Tua appears lighter on his feet.

Oprog (177) echo>With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

/* Walking */

In the Harbor [Room 29290]
The harbor water is cool and refreshing.  The blue green haze of the ocean can
be seen far to the east while wooden docks line the shoreline to the west.
Gentle waves lap against the docks, protected from the full force of the sea
in this protected harbor.


[Exits: north east south west]
Ellie is here, floating in the air.
(Golden Aura) Tua is here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.

A swarm of flying fish leap out of the water.  One of them slams into Tua's leg and falls into the sea.

Tua says in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'What in the.... the swarm of fish.'

Alarac yells in common 'Agh! Evasive actions, fellows! Out to sea, out to sea!'

Alarac zips further over the water.

Tua follows close behind.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Uuum...'

Ellie darts out after Alarac squeeling as she dodges the occasional flying fish fish.

Alarac leaves east.
Ellie leaves east.
Tua leaves east.
Within the Harbor [Room 29296]
The waters here are still and even, perfect for small boats or rafts.  A sandy
spit of land to the east keep out the harsh waves of the open sea.  Far to the
west is a dock, and a small town lining the shore.  A small buoy bobs here,
marking an underwater trap, and a thin line leads down into the blue-green
waters.  The scents of salt and brine dance in the air.


[Exits: north west]
(Golden Aura) Tua is here.
Ellie is here, floating in the air.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.

Alarac says to Tua in common 'Don't get hit by one! It might have a bomb in its stomach.'

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'I think one smacked my leg, no fire.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Uum bomb? no one said anything about exploding fish!'

Alarac says to Ellie in common 'Do we scatter the stuff now and see what comes up? I think sharks might only come out at night, but they might be roaming now.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I do have better luck catching sharks at night..'

Tua says in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'I rarely fish.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'But yes scattering it around in a larger area so they catch the scent of blood should work.'

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.

With a nod at Ellie, Alarac catapults the bucket of chum right over his head with an ornate trident with coral inlay. It hits the water with a SPLASH and the contents quickly color the sea.

Alarac says to Tua in common, looking over to him, 'You should go dive down there and wake up any sleeping sharks, yes. Let us know if anything is glowing!'

Tua nods.

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Ellie says to Tua in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'You should sink better then us with that heavy armor.'

Ellie grins.

The shadows of fish darken the water as schools approach the sinking chum.  The stink of rotting fish fills the air.

The water's surface is broken by the feeding frenzy!  Water splashes as fish dart for the bait and leap out of each others way.

Tua attempts to sink into the water, and then jumps back and looks to Ellie and Alarac.

Tua says in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Ack!'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Uuuuum...'

Ellie looks between Tua and Alarac as she flaots back behind them.

Fish attempt to nibble at Tua's feet as they sink into the water.

Tua kicks at the fish as they get close to a pair of scaled maledrite sollerets.

Off in the distance, fish leap out of the water.  A large barracuda follows, snapping up on of the less fortunate smaller fish before splashing back beneath the waves.

Alarac mightily levels an ornate trident with coral inlay and sinks it into the water at where a fish was just a moment ago. He leaves the trident jabbed into the turbulent water and peers off after the large fish's splash.

Tua sighs and attempt to sink into the water, as he also pokes at the water with a fishing spear.

The fish attempt to nibble Alarac's trident and Tua's spear, but lose interest upon finding them inedible.

Alarac says to Tua in common, waving over in the distance and starting off that way, 'Don't go too far down! Did you -see- that thing? Way over yonder? I bet it could eat your whole leg!'

Alarac firmly grasps his trident in both hands and beckons for the two with a jerk of his plume'd head.

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'I am sure it could, but not without a fight.... at did you see that, the fish nibbled at the speak...'

Tua moves over to help Alarac.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'And this is why we need a bigger boat.'

Alarac flies over to the approximate location the barracuda had splashed back into the waves. He peers down into the water, turning around and around to search.

Schools of fish swarm under the water, picking off the last of the chum.

Alarac utters the words, 'aquatic breath'.
Alarac can now breathe underwater.

Alarac utters the words, 'aquatic breath'.
Tua can now breathe underwater.

Alarac utters the words, 'aquatic breath'.
Ellie can now breathe underwater.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'We arent really going down there are we..'

Tua dives under the water, gripping his spear tightly.

Tua says in common, poking his head back up, 'Yes, yes we are.'

Pecho to Tua>>The warm water hits you in the face.  When the bubbles clear enough for you to see, you find yourself surrounded by fish.

Alarac anxiously glances over at Ellie before he takes a breath and follows Tua's lead into the fish-riddled water.

Beneath the waves, some of the fish nibble harmlessly at Tua.

Ellie sighs heavily and grumbles before following Tua and Alarac.

Pecho to Alarac>The warm water hits you in the face.  When the bubbles clear enough for you to see, you find yourself surrounded by fish, which nibble at you as well.

Pecho to Ellie>The warm water hits you in the face.  When the bubbles clear enough for you to see, you find yourself surrounded by fish, which nibble at you as well.

Tua bats at the fish as he sinks completely below the waves again, looking around.

Tua thinks in common 'The water is warm, I would have thought that it would have been much cooler than this.'

Pecho to Tua>The sea floor is visible below through the swarms of fish.  Some larger fishy shadows loom in the distance, occasionally darting in to pick off the stragglers.

Alarac kicks his feet, trying to surge on past the fish. He searches through squinted eyes once through the thick of them, almost down to the bottom of the harbor now.

Pecho to Alarac>The sea floor is visible below through the swarms of fish.  Some larger fishy shadows loom in the distance, occasionally darting in to pick off the stragglers.

Tua looks slowly swims toward the floor, attempting to get past the fish to clear his vision.

Ellie slowly turns in the water as she swims deeper, sticking close to Alarac as she trys to look in every direction at once.

Pecho to Tua>As you approach the ocean floor, the water feels warmer and warmer.  You feel like there is even a plume of heated water rushing towards you from below.

Alarac releases a column of bubbles, pointing with an out-stretched finger at one instance of a big fish gobbling up a smaller silhouette in the shadowy water.

Pecho to Ellie>As you approach the ocean floor, the water feels warmer and warmer.  You feel like there is even a plume of heated water rushing towards you from below.

Alarac says to Tua in common, and Ellie while pointing, 'Don't get eaten! If it sank from the boat, it should be around here somewhere.'

Tua nods toward Alarac, but he continues to swim deeper as he feels the water get warmer and warmer, gripping a fishing spear a little tighter.

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Water is getting warmer, it has to be around here.'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Right tight... so should we jus keep heading toward the hot water and hopefully see whats causing it?'

Pecho to Tua>The water roils with visible heated currents now, deep as you are.  The metal on you starts to feel uncomfortably warm.

Alarac perks up and gurgles some water while furiously kicking his feet Tua's way.

Pecho to Alarac>As you approach the ocean floor, the water feels warmer and warmer.  You feel like there is even a plume of heated water rushing towards you from below.

Alarac continues toward Tua and abruptly shifts upward a little. He freezes before flailing to position himself up-side down and kick directly down to the bottom of the sea.

Tua stops where he is at, and looks straight down to the sea bed below him as his armor starts to get uncomfortably warm.

Alarac says in common, starting to brush at planty material and ocean floor, 'Right here! Do you sea anything? Maybe it got buried by the tide.'

Pecho to Alarac>The water roils with visible heated currents now, deep as you are.  The metal on you starts to feel uncomfortably warm as well.

Tua nods and sinks to the bottom of the harbor and starts helping Alarac brush away the planty material.

Alarac winces and starts chanting, sending some tiny bubbles back up to the fresh air above...

Alarac utters the words, 'fire shield'.
Alarac creates a ring of flickering flames.
The flames surround Alarac in a fiery shield.

Alarac utters the words, 'fire shield'.
Alarac creates a ring of flickering flames.
The flames surround Tua in a fiery shield.

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Burn yourself?'

Tua looks at Alarac.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Poke around with the spear? the first bit should jus be mucky and lose sand.'

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Maybe I should do the grabbing, I have rings that help me handle the heat.'

Tua thinks in common 'I hope it will help me handle the heat.'

Alarac says to Tua in common, features anxious as he takes Ellie's advice and pokes around with his trident, 'If you insist! Do you see it? I feel like we're going to melt soon.'

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'It is hot down here.'

Alarac thinks in common 'No kidding!'

Pecho to Tua>Even with the protections, the water feels uncomfortably warm.  The heat seems to pulsate towards you.

Pecho to Alarac>Even with the protections, the water feels uncomfortably warm.  The heat seems to pulsate towards you.

Pecho to Ellie>Even from a distance, the water feels uncomfortably warm.  The heat seems to pulsate towards you.

Tua does start to poke with his spear and shakes his head, blinking a little bit.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Yes... yes it is.. so please hurry. it feels like the water the servants bring to my room for my bath.'

Tua says to Ellie in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'I feel like it is trying to make Soup of Tua.'

Ellie moves a bit closer to Alarac and Tua.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'And it seems to be getting hotte-'

Ellie says to Tua in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Aye it does..'

The water around Alarac's trident collects tiny bubbles of steam, the tines crackling with dull zaps. He thrusts it repeatedly around, feeling for the source of immense heat here.

Alarac thinks in common 'The water jaguar was attracted by water. Maybe we need heat for heat...'

The sun slowly disappears in the west.

Alarac's half-mask shudders with pale light, shifting into a stylized moon.

Tua's spear catches on something buried among a tangle of seagrass.  A plume of heat emanates outward, almost enough to blister skin beneath the waves.

l
Within the Harbor [Room 29296]
The waters here are still and even, perfect for small boats or rafts.  A sandy
spit of land to the east keep out the harsh waves of the open sea.  Far to the
west is a dock, and a small town lining the shore.  A small buoy bobs here,
marking an underwater trap, and a thin line leads down into the blue-green
waters.  The scents of salt and brine dance in the air.


[Exits: north west]
(Golden Aura) Tua is here, on the sea bottom poking around with a spear.
Ellie is here, keeping the johgo and human male below her as she watches the ocean above them.
Alarac is here, near the bottom of the harbor, floating around the human man.

Tua recoils as his spear hits something, but then he reaches down to dig the muck away from the tip of his spear.

Ellie moves a bit away from the plume of heat, grimcing as she does.

Tua says in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'I hit something.'

Ellie says to Tua in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Careful.. dont want to become like a boiled lobster.'

Above, in the shallower water, the swarms of fish dart every which way, alarmed.  There is a break to their schooling pattern.

Tua pants, causing bubbles to burst from him.

Pecho to Tua>As you dig through the seagrass, you notice most of it is scalded and dead.  Your gauntlets are intensely warm against your wet skin.

Tua pulls his hand back and looks at his gauntlet, waving it in the water as if trying to cool it.

Tua says in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'The seagrass is scalded and dead, and my gauntlets gets really warm when I dig here.'

Alarac says to Tua in common, paddling closer until he's at the edge of the last plume's radius, 'How do we get it? Do you have something to try and put it in?'

Ellie watches the fish with a worried look.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Um.. we may want to hurry. Two reasons.. first the spell cant last much longer. and second the fish are acting.. odder.'

As night falls, the sky above the water darkens.  The silhouettes of fish between the group and the sky are harder to see, but they are moving in panicked, broken formations.

Tua ponders for a moment, and then reaches into a wide-strapped, white leather backpack.

Tua gets an icy shard of bluish-black crystal from a wide-strapped, white leather backpack.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Oh.. goodie.. its night time.. sharks are active at night.. right?'

Alarac says to Ellie in common, looking over and past her, 'Yes. Maybe we'll find more than one tiger!'

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Something cold to dig and poke at it with.'

Tua presses a fishing spear into the seagrass firmly.

Tua stops using a fishing spear.

Alarac says to Tua in common 'Try something! We have to get it out before all the sharks come!'

Tua drops a fishing spear.

Tua wields an icy shard of bluish-black crystal.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Yes please!'

Tua uses an icy shard of bluish-black crystal to clear the scalded seagrass.

Alarac gurgles an incantation. Dimmed by depth and the passing fishes above, a shaft of cool moonlight bears down on Tua and his target.

Ellie chuckles politely.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Magic is soooo very useful..'

The edges of Tua's crystal fragment and break.  Cracks split through the cold crystal.

Tua quickly pulls the shard away from the seagrass.

A dark, large silhouette obscures Alarac's beam of moonlight from above.

Tua says in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'That is not working...'

Tua says in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Okay... all or nothing.'

A matted tangle of seagrass breaks loose, tumbling down and away from Tua.

Alarac stops using an ornate trident with coral inlay.
Alarac holds a dull, hexagonal crystal in his hand.

Fish dart past, fleeing frantically into deeper water!

/* Here, I loaded two striped gray sharks.  Ellie and Tua get killed.  Alarac
   survives and resurrects the two of them.  He picks up the mass of
   seagrass too. */

Alarac thrusts his weapon at a striped gray shark!
Alarac's mighty pierce grazes a striped gray shark.
Alarac drives his weapon in deep and pulls it out, spilling blood everywhere!
A striped gray shark hits the ground ... DEAD.
Alarac gets 9 silver coins and 1 gold coins from the corpse of a striped gray shark.

The last of the fish flee the water, leaving it empty around everyone.  Heat still emanates around a matted tangle of seagrass

Alarac sits down and rests.

Alarac sinks to the bottom and takes in gulps of water, panting.

Tua says to Ellie in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'At least he made it.'

Alarac bleeds all over the ground.

Ellie says to Tua in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Hmmmm.'

Within the Harbor [Room 29296]
The waters here are still and even, perfect for small boats or rafts.  A sandy
spit of land to the east keep out the harsh waves of the open sea.  Far to the
west is a dock, and a small town lining the shore.  A small buoy bobs here,
marking an underwater trap, and a thin line leads down into the blue-green
waters.  The scents of salt and brine dance in the air.


[Exits: north west]
( 2) The corpse of a striped gray shark lies here.
(Translucent) (Ghost) Ellie is here, floating in the air.
(Translucent) (Ghost) (Golden Aura) Tua is here, floating in the air.
Alarac is resting here, near the bottom of the harbor, floating around the human man.

Ellie says to Tua in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Well i guess as long as we finish what we came here for..'

Alarac bleeds all over the ground.
A puddle of golden blood dries up.

Alarac says in common, gurgling through the water, 'Give me a moment! I will help you both, and then we can save this artifact from the depths!'

Alarac stands up.

Alarac utters the words, 'create fruit'.
A pomegranate suddenly appears.

The water roils and boils around a matted tangle of seagrass.  Strips of scalded seagrass fly loose, floating off into the waves.

Alarac eats a pomegranate.

Alarac utters the words, 'fount'.
A fount of clean water begins to flow freely in a widening pool.

Alarac drinks water from a fount of clean water.

Alarac sits down and rests.

Alarac stands up.

Tua looks at Ellie.

Alarac gets a jade ring carved to resemble a circling serpent from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.
Alarac gets a jade ring carved to resemble a circling serpent from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.
Alarac stops using a smoky quartz ring etched with pentacles.
Alarac stops using a thin ring of cloudy white crystal.
Alarac wears a jade ring carved to resemble a circling serpent on his left finger.
Alarac wears a jade ring carved to resemble a circling serpent on his right finger.

Ellie says to Tua in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I really dont like dying.'

Ellie frowns unhappily.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'New bodies take so much time getting used to.. and rarely are ever as good.'

Alarac reaches out to grab the mass of seagrass, a dull, hexagonal crystal held in his other hand.

Alarac gets a glass eye with a topaz iris from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.

Alarac stops using an icy shard wreathed in swirling mist.

Alarac holds a glass eye with a topaz iris as a light.

Alarac says to Ellie in common 'Stay here!'

Tua says to Ellie in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'That is the truth, and at my age, I am never sure if I will make it back to the other side.'

Alarac utters the words, 'portal'.
A shimmering gate rises up from the ground.

Alarac gets a matted tangle of seagrass.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Hmmm hope he gets back before the bodies decay..'

Alarac enters a shimmering gate.

/* After the reviving.  Lunar glow messages cleared. */

Alarac says in common, tossing a mass of planty stuff between his hands, 'We will work on your shark hunting skills later.'

Alarac says in common 'Let's go back to Seria with this!'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Seems i am out of shape of fighting sharks..'

Ellie stands up.

/* They start walking to Seria. */

Along a Gravel Road [Room 29277]
The bare road of stone and dirt rises and falls with the hills, which increase
in altitude towards Mount Booars, the southernmost of the Ibilandis mountains.
Little grows here, save a few dry, hardy bushes and stubs of grass.  The hills
expand for miles to the north and west, lowering themselves eventually into
the flatlands.  Towards the southeast, the hills descend into a much greener,
forested area.


[Exits: east west]
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
A slithering snake emerges from the grass.
Ellie has arrived from the east.
Tua has arrived from the east.

The last of the seagrass falls off of an onyx statuette in Alarac's hands.

Tua attempts to pull a shimmering black dragon skin tunic over his head.

Tua says in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'It seems to have shrunk.'

A garnet-eyed onyx tiger is revealed in Alarac's hands as he soars with great haste over the road.

Ellie tilts her head questioningly at Tua.

Alarac leaves west.

/* More walking. */

Along a Gravel Road [Room 29217]
The dark brown ground and dried grasses of the sun scorched plains expand for
miles to the north and south.  This dirt road is covered in rocks, dirty, and
somewhat worn from years of foot traffic.  The mountains to the east can be
seen from here, a mass of gray rock rising up over the horizon.  The gravel
path leads off to the horizon towards both east and west.


[Exits: east west]
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Tua has arrived from the east.
Ellie has arrived from the east.


A garnet-eyed onyx tiger's eyes glow red as it generates an enormous wall of fire.
An enormous wall of fire marginally injures Ellie!
An enormous wall of fire marginally hurts Tua!
An enormous wall of fire barely hits Alarac!

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Gah!'

Alarac says in common, commenting, 'Not enough shark hun- AGH!'

Tua says in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'GAH!'

Alarac leaves west.
Ellie leaves west.
Tua leaves west.

/* Conversation along the way. */

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Shove that in a fire bag or something!'

Alarac says to Ellie in common, emphatically, 'I don't just carry fire bags around with me! What does that even entail!'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I would assume one of those fire creatures an enchanter makes.'

Tua says to Alarac in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'The last time... how did you get the water one?'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Or a fireproofed spelled bag.'

Alarac says to Tua in common 'We dove down and retrieved it! We just had to hold onto it for dear life.'

Alarac veers off over the boardwalk, hands cupped tightly around a garnet-eyed onyx tiger.

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'So um.. question. if this thing can change the weather and such should we be giving it to them?..'

Ellie mutters something under her breath.

Alarac says to Ellie in common, distractedly, 'Yes! I think so.'

/* Finally they arrive. */

The Northern End of the Stained Glass Atrium [Room 4520]
Paper lanterns painted with an open eye motif hang strung across the high
vaulted ceiling of the atrium.  They cast reddish light and slit-pupiled
shadows onto the smooth, shining black floor below.  Tall arches of gray stone
form the walls to the east and west where parallel series of stained glass
windows glare at each other across the room.  Hazy clouds of sandalwood
scented smoke rise from burning sticks of incense tucked in niches along the
walls and hang, oily and thick, in the air.  The atrium stretches to the south
while an arched doorway to the north leads to the basilica's inner chambers.


[Exits: north south]
     A ring of white-cushioned prayer mats rests on the glassy floor.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Red Aura) Szaloch chants prayers in a low, droning rasp.
Tua has arrived from the south.
Ellie has arrived from the south.

Szaloch says in common, solemnly, 'The basilica is not yet complete, but that should not stop you from praying to our gods.'

An enormous wall of fire faintly injures Ellie!
An enormous wall of fire marginally hurts Tua!
An enormous wall of fire barely hits Alarac!

Alarac darts in and stops short of Szaloch right as the tiger erupts again.

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, wryly, 'I see you have recovered another.'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Yesyes gods and pitiy and stuff.. can we unload this thing on ya?'

An enormous wall of fire faintly hurts Ellie!
An enormous wall of fire marginally hits Tua!
An enormous wall of fire barely hits Alarac!

Alarac gets a garnet-eyed onyx tiger from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.

Alarac puts a glass eye with a topaz iris in a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Do you have the head of the one found with it as well?'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'No! We found it with the ocean, and had a hard time decapitating anything to bring back for you. How many does that make left out in the world?'

Tua grins to Alarac.

Ellie smirks.

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The reward is seven hundred and fifty then, for its return.'

Tua thinks in common 'I like these Coterie even less... but one evil at a tim.'

Alarac thinks in common 'Leopard, lynx, tabby?'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'That is the agreed upon deal, yes! Have you thought about my request from last time? The Coterie has been so generous to consistent, helping hands in the past.'

Alarac holds the tiger out toward Szaloch, hands cupped.

A garnet-eyed onyx tiger's eyes glow red as it generates an enormous wall of fire.
An enormous wall of fire faintly injures Ellie!
An enormous wall of fire marginally hurts Tua!
An enormous wall of fire faintly hits Alarac!

Ellie says in johgan, frowning, 'Should have stopped to get a random head.'

Tua says to Ellie in johgan, in a deep gravelly voice, 'I will not allow random killing Ellie.'

Ellie sticks out her bottom lip and pouts at Tua.

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I do not have the jaguar on me.  It has been put to other uses.  Shall I show you?'

Tua snaps his attention away from Ellie.

Ellie says to Tua in johgan, in a soft spoken voice, 'No fun at all. Aemilia woulda let me.'

Alarac slants Ellie and Tua a curious look before he nods at Szaloch.

Ellie tilts her head slightly to the side.

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'Yes, please!'

A garnet-eyed onyx tiger's eyes glow red as it generates an enormous wall of fire.
An enormous wall of fire faintly hurts Ellie!
An enormous wall of fire marginally hurts Tua!
An enormous wall of fire faintly hits Alarac!

Szaloch leaves north.

Ellie peers intently north.
Alarac peers intently north.
Tua peers intently north.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'We following?'

Alarac peers intently north.

Tua says in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'I assume so.'

Alarac says in common, following anyway, 'I don't know!'

Ellie gently lands on the ground.

/* They follow. */

A Grassy Cloister Carved with Rosetted Eyes [Room 4515]
Delicate gray arches support a covered stone walkway around the perimeter of
this courtyard.  A motif of stylized eyes peers inwards over chalky white
grass from rosettes carved into the stone beneath the arches.  Gleaming red
tiles form a bright diamond in the center of the cloister to surround the
still surface of a silvery reflecting pool.  Beyond the archade, a wrought
iron fence drips with moss, blocking sight of the street to the north and
east.  A glassy onyx path leads toward tangled clusters of plants to the west
while an arched doorway to the south leads into the towering basilica. 


[Exits: south west]
     A still, circular reflecting pool gleams in the center of the cloister.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Ellie is here, floating in the air.
(Red Aura) Szaloch is here.
Tua has arrived from the south.


Ellie looks at Szaloch.

Ellie peeks Szaloch.

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'It should be no surprise that we carved our place here in this city.  The clans fought each other and they fought us.'

An enormous wall of fire marginally hurts Tua!
An enormous wall of fire faintly hits Alarac!
An enormous wall of fire faintly hurts Ellie!

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Set it down.'

Alarac hovers low and gingerly places a garnet-eyed onyx tiger on the ground with a faint clink.

Alarac drops a garnet-eyed onyx tiger.

Tua gets a link of hickory smoked sausage from a wide-strapped, white leather backpack.

As Szaloch bends to get a garnet-eyed onyx tiger, its eyes grow dimmer.  He blows on it, as if to cool it down.

Tua bleeds all over the ground.

Tua looks around as he pulls a link of hickory smoked sausage from a wide-strapped, white leather backpack and then starts quickly eat the link.

Tua eats a link of hickory smoked sausage.

Alarac glances over his shoulder at Tua, who he releases a breath at like Szaloch does the tiger.

Alarac utters the words, 'lunar glow'.
Alarac draws upon the soothing coolness of the moon.
A pale healing glow surrounds Tua.

A puddle of red blood dries up.

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'You wanted to know what we intend to do with these, correct?'

Ellie nods.

Tua nods.

Alarac says to Szaloch in common, eyes widening as he leans toward the dagahasi, 'Yes! That is all I wanted. Though... the gold is an effective incentive.'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'What if my answer is not to your liking?'

Szaloch drops a bag of coins at Alarac's feet.

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'We're not temporal shifters. We can't tell you the future!'

Alarac gets 750 gold coins.

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Then I suppose you need not expect the whole truth when there is no guarantee of safety.'

Szaloch gestures to a circular reflecting pool with his free hand.

Tua thinks in common 'Like I would expect the whole truth from a dagahasi.'

Tua crosses his arms and quietly rolls his eyes.

Alarac lifts a hand to rub at his brow, which spasms faintly at Szaloch's words.

Ellie tilts her head slightly to the side.

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'This was once blood, yes?  Now it is purest water.  That is what we wanted from the tiger.'

Szaloch snorts.

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'As if we would drink the sewer water that runs beneath our streets.'

Ellie tilts her head slightly to the side.

Szaloch says in common, tapping his foot against the stones, 'This is a city we built, on land that we purchased.  It is our right.  Thus, we gather artifacts to create the pure elements to power this borough.'

Ellie thinks to herself in groth 'They want to cleanse the artifacts?'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The jaguar creates pure water, the tiger pure fire.  Do you recall what I said the tabby was?'

Tua thinks in common 'While I believe the dagahasi only deserve sewer water... I do suppose they are of equal right to better their home.'

Ellie tilts her head questioningly at Alarac.

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'Was it earth? You said we can't expect the whole truth without a guarantee of safety. But that all sounds very resonable!'

Tua looks from Szaloch to Alarac.

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'It was not earth.'

Alarac mulls it over for a second, before looking toward the rain clouds.

Ellie says to Alarac in groth, in a soft spoken voice, 'If i had to guess properly pure air?'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'Nothing happened when you showed me.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'If i had to guess properly pure air?'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Correct.  The tabby is nothing.  It is a null totem.'

Tua blinks.

Szaloch hefts a garnet-eyed onyx tiger.  It remains as it is, just a statuette.  No flames emanate from it.  Not even heat, to be precise.

Tua says in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'A Null totem? What would you need with null totem?'

Alarac says to Tua in common 'To not be destroyed by the artifacts in proximity.'

Szaloch says to Tua in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Four feral cats represent the wild, untamed elements.  One tame cat to keep them from ravaging us all.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'Four. And you have two so far. You are missing the lynx and leopard.'

Ellie nods.

Tua nods his head as both Alarac and Szaloch enlight him.

Tua thinks in common 'Magic.... '

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Makes sense. you need something to protect you from them..'

Szaloch says in common, tucking a garnet-eyed onyx tiger away, 'The tiger will power our forges and heat our citizens' homes.'

Szaloch says in common, tipping his chin at a circular reflecting pool, 'The jaguar supplies us with clean water.'

Tua thinks in common 'The heat from that tiger would probably make a rather impressive forge...'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The Coterie has paid once for these artifacts.  They are useful to the people who once lived in Cranezmore.  That is why we pay for them again.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'And you don't intend to hurt anybody or blow up another district with them?'

Alarac thinks in common 'If he's telling the truth, that is both fascinating and reassuring.'

Alarac thinks in common 'But it is a dagahasi trying to get something from us.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We have no intentions at this time of using them for destruction.  Nonetheless, the Coterie enjoys its collection as a warrior enjoys the swords on his belt that he does not use.'

Szaloch silently gets a garnet-eyed onyx tiger.

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'That is reassuring! I bet if you told people that, you would have even more help than you do right now. Though none as good as -us- of course. What do they do all united? Are they meant to be together?'

Tua says to Szaloch in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'No intentions at this time? Does that mean... you are going use them for destruction at a time later than now?'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Good nough for me.'

Mob echo> The discordant knells of Darkwater Basilica toll the midnight hour.

Ellie says to Tua in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Alarac jus said we arnt temporal shifters.. And i doubt he is either.'

Szaloch nods at Ellie.

Ellie says to Tua in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Future holds many things. Cant make gaurentees.'

Ellie shrugs.

Tua says to Szaloch in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'Do you currently have plans to use them for destruction in the future?'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'There are those who would see us undone.  Even when we purchased every patch of land here and demolished the buildings for reconstruction, the clans wanted to chase us off and arrest us.'

Szaloch says to Tua in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We have no intentions at this time of using them for destruction.  That implies in the future.  We currently do not have the ability to plot destruction in the past.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common, tsking at this, 'Some people can be so rude! I guess they turn bitter after many centuries of dagahasi eating their people, though.'

Ellie says to Tua in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Even if he said no, would you believe em?'

Ellie shrugs.

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'It is our business in the end.'

Tua says to Ellie in common, in a deep gravelly voice, 'I have to allow him the /honor/ of being able to keep his word. My personal feelings cannot cloud my factual recount, should I be asked.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'Yes! On the subject of us finding you things, do you have any idea where to start looking for the others?'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'It is said the lynx has vanished far to the south.  We will issue a statement when more becomes clear.'

Tua gives a small nod and glance south.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Far to south... Please dont say lords.. I hate bugs.'

Alarac says in common 'Alright! Then I am going to alert the Elements about what has transpired here.'

Szaloch opens the ebonwood door to the south.
Szaloch leaves south.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2014, 02:10:52 AM »
------------------------------------
Number: 119
To: All
From: Iskvarren
Date: Sat Apr 26 22:21:05 2014
Re: * black parchments with pale writing posted in the main gathering places *
------------------------------------
*BOUNTY*
 
Reward: 750 gold pieces for the return of the Lynx
+ an additional 250 for the head of the one with it
 
Coterie sources indicate that one of the stolen artifacts stolen by the lythren
is within the Bay of Lesd'vha.  Its location appears to be changing, so we feel
that it is within the hands of some sort of creature that lives there.  It is
likely some sort of sea creature, as last we knew, no sailors who entered the
bay ever left its misty confines.
 
* Here is a detailed drawing of what appears to be a statuette shaped like a
cat with tufts on its ears.  It is crouching as if ready to pounce.  Its eyes
have been marked in gold to indicate faceted jewels. *
 
The Coterie will pay for the return of what is theirs.  Those who stand with
us will find great favor.
 
* a peacock feather with a staring eye *
 
OOC: This is the next step of the plot.  If you want to look around and
want a response, please send a tell to either me or Chirondin.  Otherwise,
if we are not around, make your plans!  See HELP PLOT UPDATES/HELP RP NIGHT
for instructions and information.  There is no set way to proceed.

------------------------------------
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2014, 02:15:11 AM »
In this episode:
  • Kedi, Alarac, and Ellie run into a dagahasi and a taurlok bounty hunter arguing in the road about letting a woman get away.  The dagahasi says that he knifed her, but she's off in a bush somewhere in Haphen and they can't find her because Haphen is full of bushes.  During this conversation, some pieces of information are dropped, such as 1) There was a ship and the crew was camping on the beach.  2) The woman blasted them with some sort of powerful hurricane spell.  3) They've got a ship armed with magic cannons.
  • They look around the bay and talk to Renva, the selequel.  She says there was a big fight.  A taurlok was throwing stones at a ship.  The boat's cannons were fired.  The dagahasi tore the air (summon void) and tried to pull a woman out of the portal by her hair.  The woman blasted them with a magic spell and ran.  The dagahasi threw a knife at her.  (Apples were harmed for the telling of this story.)
  • Someone was leveling in the rainforest outside Kaekryn, so there were shrunken heads everywhere.  Incidentally, also a dagahasi with red eyes.  The players ask an NPC and are given a red herring that happens to not lead them off track.  Yes, there was a dagahasi.  No, there was no woman.
  • After a lot of wandering, they find the remains of the woman in the bunker beneath the thicket in the rainforest.  Unfortunately, she's dead and they have to get spirit speak to talk to her.  She tells them that she leads a group of explorers who are based in the bay, and by chance, they managed to stumble out of the mists one day.  One of their men purchased the lynx artifact and they discovered that it was extremely useful to them.  Its air power has made their ship the fastest in the bay, so it can evade any pirate vessel there.  It also gives them the ability to leave and enter the mists at will, while most people are trapped on one side or another due to its the fact that it's a separate dimension.  They have a recommissioned pirate vessel as explorers because the bay is full of pirates who can't prey on anyone but the people within the bay.
  • The woman confirms that her men took the ship back into the bay with the artifact.
  • The woman doesn't want to give up the lynx because of how it's changed their lives.  The players tried to convince her to part with it, but she's emphatic that they're more likely to die from pirates and less mercifully if they give it up than if she keeps it and just gets revived.  She finally storms off in frustration.
--------------------------


On a Hard Packed Dirt Road [Room 2554]
To the north and south, a wide road, heavily traveled between cities lays.
The packed dirt is wide enough for three carts to move side by side of each
other, and small weeds and wildflowers of many different colors can be seen
between the heaviest of the travel comes along.  Far ahead to the north, the
southern gate of Seria can be seen.  Golden wheat fields sway gently back and
forth, in an almost hypnotic pattern, and a large forest of trees consisting
of pines, oaks, and maples lays to the east side of the road.  The fresh scent
of pine can be detected lightly in the air.


[Exits: north east south west]
Ellie is here, floating in the air, near the johgo, watching the dagahsi and taurlok with an amused look on her face.
Alarac is here, over by the big felis, head craned up to watch the other two men.
Kedi is here.
A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur is here.
(Red Aura) A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair is here.


A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says in common, in a rumbling, angry voice, 'I tell you, I saw her first!'

Ellie looks at a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur.

Alarac looks at a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur.

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, in a nasally tone, 'Ah, but whose knife is between her ribs?'

Kedi says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, looking north, 'Who? Her?'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, snarling, 'A lucky shot and you know it!'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, rolling his eyes, 'My demons'll get her.'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, stomping a hoof against the ground, 'My HAMMER will get her. Your cheap tricks and ninety silver don't amount to a gold coin, whoreson!'

Ellie looks at Alarac.

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, looking around, 'Do you see her here now?  No?  Is your hammer that far-reaching?'

Kedi says to Alarac in johgan, in a loud voice, 'I think they're gonna send demons an eat someone?'

Alarac says in common, waving his hands up at the taurlok and dagahasi, 'Whoa! Who are we hammering now, gentlemen?'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Um... some female i think...'

Alarac thinks to Ellie in common 'I know.'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, with a glance to Alarac, 'The monkey creature must be talking to you.'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, sounding frustrated, 'Well, no, no! But I can FIND her - and I don't speak monkey.'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, with a snarl, 'But the bounty's mine.'

Alarac slants Kedi a look, rolling his eyes.

Ellie looks at Kedi.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Demons, bounties, an bulls?'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, in a nasally tone, 'Peh, I'l fight you for it it comes to it... but this is a moot point when you aren't any closer to getting her.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'They are bounty hunters! That would be convenient if they were any good at finding people like we are!'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, a canny look coming to his eye, 'Let's split the reward, then. You ask your..'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says in common, waving his hands around, '"Demons..."'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'But they aren't. They lost who they're lookin' for.'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, continuing, 'Where to find a little lost sailor lass far from sea.'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair utters the words, 'seance'.
A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair folds his arms and begins communicating with the dead.

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, grumpily, 'I told you, she's off in a bush or something.  And Haphen's FULL of bushes!'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, in a nasally tone, 'Disgusting.'

Alarac covertly slips a bit to the side, cupping his hands toward Kedi.

Kedi says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, in a loud voice, 'Why would a sailor be in a bush?'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to Alarac in common, whirling angrily, 'And you! Yammering by my knees!'

Alarac pauses, then looks up at a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur with wide eyes.

Ellie thinks in common 'Uh-huh... see this is why i dont like being with people.'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to Kedi in common, in a nasally tone, 'Busy bleeding her guts out.'

Alarac says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common 'What? Oh, yes! Nevermind. I was going to offer you help finding your target, but I guess you have it handled.'

Kedi says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, while eyeing the taurlok, 'What? That don't make any sense.'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to Kedi in common, pointing a finger to his chest, '/I/ knifed her.  But she escaped afterwards!'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur opens his mouth to reply to Alarac. He shakes his head, shaggy fur twisting every which-way, and turns to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair.

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, indignantly, 'You wouldn't have been able to KNIFE her if I hadn't gotten her off her ship!'

Ellie gently lands on the ground.

Alarac thinks in common 'They're bounty hunters. They must think the lady has the lynx.'

Kedi says to Alarac in johgan, in a loud whisper, 'Pirates.'

Alarac says to Kedi in johgan 'What? I didn't catch that!'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, in a nasally tone, 'Oh please.  They were camping or something.  Whatever female humans do on the beach around campfires and muscular men.'

Ellie crouches next to Alarac and watches a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur and a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair with an amused look.

Kedi says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, in a loud voice, 'Yah, but why'd you steal a sailor an knife 'er?'

Alarac says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common 'Probably drinking. Which makes it even less impressive!'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, bovine snout flexing wetly as he snorts again, 'Muscular men. Ha! Some men they were. Cowards, running back to their boat.'

Kedi says to Alarac in johgan, covering an eye with his hand, 'Pirates. I think they're pirates.'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to Kedi in common, in a nasally tone, 'I'm not telling you.  You'd want in on the whole bounty too.'

Kedi says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, in a loud voice, 'Ain't none of 'em put up a fight?'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to Kedi in common, derisively, 'Never met a cat who could speak monkey. And they turned tail faster than a siriyu in a quevran whorehouse.'

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Ellie begins to fly.

Kedi says to Alarac in johgan, in a loud voice, 'He's prolly right. We should get these guys to tell us, then we can get the bounty.'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, in a nasally tone, 'One of them sure tripped you up!  You didn't even hit the target.'

Kedi says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, in a loud voice, 'I don't even know who'se payin' you so I prolly couldn't get the bounty?'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, bellowing, 'It was a DIRTY. TRICK. You don't throw dirt in a body's face! That's not how you fight!'

Alarac says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common 'How cowardly! What can you expect from a bunch of pirates, though? And the woman who had your target, did she fight back or just run off right away?'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to Alarac in common, with a grunt, 'Oh, she fought back, alright. Blasted the two of us with nearly a damn hurricane.'

Kedi says in common, in a loud voice, 'Wait, a pirate witch beat you guys back?'

Alarac says to Kedi in common, clearing his throat, 'Maybe they weren't really even trying.'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to Kedi in common, in a nasally tone, 'A witch?  Hmph!  She had a magic toy that was propelling her ship!'

Alarac thinks in common 'I should have been born like Harzi. My life would be much easier.'

Ellie tilts her head slightly to the side.

Ellie says in johgan, in a soft spoken voice, 'Air kitty?'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Prolly not. I think we could fight a pirate wit-'

Kedi says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, in a loud voice, 'A magic what?'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says in common, dismissively, 'Wizards and their trinkets. Give me a whoreloving warhammer any day.'

Alarac says to Kedi in johgan 'The woman has the lynx artifact. If she's in a bush in Haphen somewhere, we should go find her!'

Alarac says to Ellie in common, belatedly replying, 'Yes! I think so.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Yah...we should go back to lookin' for other trees to use in spearmints for makin' flyin' trees.'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says in common, turning to the group, 'Don't even think about taking my bounty!'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'I think we still have to plant the mantrap, yes...'

Ellie chuckles politely.

Alarac says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, head tilting back to look up at him, 'I would never dream of taking what is yours, large taurlok!'

Kedi carefully pulls a potted mantrap plant from an open rucksack and brandishes it at Alarac.

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, in a nasally tone, 'I'll find her, especially with my knife in her ribs.'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, scoffing, 'Some bloodmage you are. She's got your knife and you've got no clue where she is.'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to Alarac in common 'Is that a vow, then, monkey?'

Alarac thinks in common 'He's looking for his knife with his magic.'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, in a nasally tone, 'I know exactly where she is!  In a bush!  It's not my bloody fault that Haphen's full of bushes.'

Kedi says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in johgan, in a loud voice, 'Well, you have fun talkin' an stuff...we're gonna go do spearmints on trees an stuff.'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to Kedi in common 'What?'

Alarac says to a hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur in common, motioning at Kedi, 'He said we have to go experiment! So very busy. Good luck chasing bushes! Beware of crabs. So many of those in Haphen too.'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, snorting again and pawing at the ground, 'You're useless. I'm done working with you. DONE.'

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur stomps off to the south!

Ellie chuckles politely.

A hulking male taurlok with shaggy red fur leaves south.

Ellie looks at a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair.

The sun slowly disappears in the west.

Kedi's half-mask shudders with pale light, shifting into a stylized moon.
Alarac's half-mask shudders with pale light, shifting into a stylized moon.

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair yells in common, in a nasally tone, 'Her head's only a third of the real bounty!'

Kedi says to Alarac in johgan, in a loud voice, 'Ready to go spearmint stuff?'

Kedi says to Alarac in johgan, in a loud voice, 'Up west of Seria, not anywhere near Haphen at all.'

Ellie looks at a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair.

Alarac says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common 'Good luck with that! You could bring the taurlok's head and tell them he had it. You might not be lying if he gets to her first.'

Ellie thinks in johgan 'I like those boots..'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to Alarac in common, in a nasally tone, 'Hmph.  It'd be easier than having to fight the whole crew and their ship.'

Alarac says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common 'I imagine so. But luckily, only the girl has your treasure, right? She shouldn't be too tough once you find her.'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to Alarac in common, in a nasally tone, 'No, the girl's got nothing.'

Ellie tilts her head slightly to the side.

Alarac says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common, motioning southward, 'But she blew you away with the gust of wind, he said.'

Alarac thinks in common 'He's lying to keep us off the trail, I suppose.'

Ellie thinks in johgan 'One of the other people properly took it.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'She's prolly a sea witch. I heard 'bout 'em once.'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to Alarac in common, in a nasally tone, 'She did!  Everyone was blown away.'

Alarac says to Ellie in common 'Oh well! We're not tough enough to fight a WHOLE SHIP. Come on, you can help us plant our mantraps.'

Alarac says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common 'That is too bad. And the treasure left with her companions?'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to Alarac in common, in a nasally tone, 'They've got cannons and things on that ship.  This one was armed with some sort of magic rather than cannonballs.'

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I like mantraps. I wish i could grow them.. saddly they all wither and die.'

Ellie joins Kedi's group.

Alarac says to a stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says in common 'How fascinating! Not anything we are equipt to deal with at this time, though. You must be brave if you're going to go back there to get it.'

Kedi says to Alarac in johgan, in a loud voice, 'Can we try an steal their ship?'

Alarac thinks in common 'Step one would be to find the lady. Either she has it, or she'll have information for how to get it.'

Alarac says to Kedi in johgan, with a questioning inflection, 'Steal their what?'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair says to Alarac in common, in a nasally tone, 'She's probably dead by now.  It's too bad her head's not worth anything unless you can get that ship out of the bay and pluck the cat toy from it.'

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair stops using a massive, wooden-shafted hemite scythe.
A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair holds a smooth black stone in his hand.

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair utters the words, 'summon void'.
A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair rips into the darkness of the void, creating a shimmering gate.

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair wields a massive, wooden-shafted hemite scythe.

A stout dagahasi male with tangled black hair enters a shimmering gate.

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Ellie begins to fly.

Alarac says in common 'Too bad, indeed. What do you say, fellows? Onward to the bushes?'

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Yah, that's prolly all too much for us to hand-YES.'

Ellie nods at Alarac.

/* They walk around looking for the bush and finally end up on the beach talking
   to the selequel Renva. */

A Misty End of the Beach [Room 31501]
The long expanse of gray beach ends here at a barricade of rocks blocking out
the water.  Slate-colored waves crash against the shoreline and wash back out
to leave long, foamy trails in their wake.  Jagged cliffs extend out over the
beach and partially shade the area beneath them.  The smell of sea salt and
seaweed hang heavily in the moist air.  A thin veil of mist blurs the boundary
between the water and the sand and extends along the beach.


[Exits: east]
     (Glowing) A ring of reddish stones protrudes from the ground here.
[LD] (WizHide) Chirondin, God of Magic is here.
Ellie is here, floating in the air.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Kedi is here, floating in the air.
(Translucent) Renva hovers half-hidden in the mist.


Alarac says to Renva in common, waving, 'Hello! We are not here to brigand your body for jewels. We have some questions!'

Kedi says to Renva in common, in a loud voice, 'Hello! Did you see any pirates or pirate ship? Maybe some sea witches? A big bull an demon mighta fought a sea witch somewhere near here.'

The night has begun.

Renva's look flits from Kedi to Alarac.

Renva flies over to Alarac, buzzing near him face.

Renva looks quickly over to Kedi.

Alarac reactively shrinks away from Renva, catching himself. He quirks his brow up at it.

Renva says in common, in a high pitched, quick tone, 'Pirates? Pirates, no, no, no pirates.'

Renva says in common, in a high pitched, quick tone, 'Ships! Battles! Blood and tempests!'

Renva says to Kedi in common, shaking its head, 'No pirates. Sorry.'

Alarac says to Renva in common 'Oh well. We weren't that excited for those anyway. Did you see the battle personally, or was it far off at sea?'

Kedi says to Renva in common, in a loud voice, 'Yah, was there a buncha cannons goin' off? What were they shootin' at?'

Alarac thinks in common 'We're going to inundate the poor thing. I'll let him do the talking for now.'

Renva says to Alarac in common, looking back and forth between the interlocutors, 'Cannons? Battle? Far off at sea?'

Renva begins answering each question posed to it at once; the result is a garbled mess.

Alarac goes to speak, pauses, and ends up just looking to Kedi expectantly.

Renva pauses for breath.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'I kinda understand sequin, but I dunno what that was.'

Renva looks up at Kedi expectantly.

Kedi says to Renva in common, in a loud voice, 'Y'know who was in the battle?'

Ellie thinks in common 'Yeah me either...'

Renva says to Kedi in common, nodding six times, rapidly, all at once, 'Two! Two at shore. A bull-man with stones -- stones as big as your head!'

Renva says in common, exclaiming, 'Bigger!'

Alarac gasps.

Alarac then eyes Kedi's head dubiously.

Renva says in common, gesticulating expressively, 'Throwing them at a boat at the shore!'

Renva says in common, in a high pitched, quick tone, 'Mist... parted!'

Renva claps its hands together and then brings them apart, waggling its fingers as it does so.

Renva turns its whole body, pointed towards the mist-choked bay.

Kedi says to Renva in common, in a loud voice, 'The mist never parts here!'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Maybe it was the magic statue?'

Renva says to Kedi in common, turning back and planting its tiny fists on its tiny hips, 'Oh! I'm sorry! I didn't realize you were here, Mr. Expert!'

Renva says to Kedi in common, petulantly, 'Go ahead! YOU say what happened!'

Alarac stiffles an abrupt snicker.

Renva crosses its arms over its chest.

Renva turns away from Kedi, Alarac, and Ellie, hovering in the air with its chin up high.

Kedi says to Renva in common, grinning sheepishly, 'Sorry.'

Ellie smirks.

Renva whirls back towards Kedi, beaming.

Renva says to Kedi in common, in a high pitched, quick tone, 'Apology... accepted!'

Renva pauses a beat for breath before continuing to speak.

Ellie thinks in common 'Selequels.. never doubt their words in front of them.'

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Ellie begins to fly.

Renva says in common, pantomiming horns with its tiny hands, 'The bull-man reared back a boulder and let fly! It hit the boat!'

Renva says in common, clapping its hands together, 'Bang! Boom! Went the boat's cannons!'

Alarac listens to Renva with wide eyes, hands clasping near his heart.

Kedi says to Renva in common, in a loud voice, 'Were they shootin' at the bull?'

Renva says in common, voice lowering from a squeak to a whine, 'And then the demon --'

Renva says to Kedi in common, nodding quickly, 'Yes! Yes, they were!'

Alarac says to Renva in common, pressing urgently, 'Then the demon what!? Did he sink the ship with a mighty curse?'

Renva says to Alarac in common, shaking its head and SLASHING at the air in front of it with an arm, 'He TORE the air! It crackled and smelled like rotten eggs!'

Renva says to Alarac in common, jabbing out with its hand, 'He PLUNGED his hand in! He shouted at the bull-man to get them closer! The bull-man threw another rock!'

Renva says in common, exclaiming, voice rising with excitement, 'The boat came closer! The demon pulled his hand out! It was covered in something smelly and black! He put it back in!'

Renva says in common, flying backwards, 'And then.. then!'

Kedi says in common, nodding, 'Sounds like demon magic alright.'

Renva stops, looking from Ellie to Alarac to Kedi.

Alarac leans forward, listening to Renva.

Alarac says to Renva in common, emphatically, 'Then WHAT!'

Renva says to Alarac in common, fluttering to the ground dramatically, 'I forgot! I want an apple.'

Renva covers its eyes with an arm. It peeks up at Alarac from underneath its arm.

Alarac says to Renva in common, brow furrowing at him, 'You can't just make demands right at the climax of a story!'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Do you have an apple! We gotta find out!'

Renva says in common, moaning melodramatically, 'Apple! Apple!!!'

Alarac utters the words, 'create fruit'.
A bunch of grapes suddenly appears.

Kedi says to Renva in common, in a loud voice, 'What about grapes?!'

Alarac mulls over the existence of a bunch of grapes for a second.

Alarac utters the words, 'create fruit'.
A bunch of raspberries suddenly appears.

Renva shakes its head without moving its arm.

Alarac doubles the fruit, and doubles the intensity of a glare at them.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, as he points at the raspberries, 'Those aren't apples!'

Alarac utters the words, 'create fruit'.
A pomegranate suddenly appears.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'An apple..'

Alarac utters the words, 'create fruit'.
A red apple suddenly appears.

Renva says in common, groaning, 'So.. hungry.. for.. apples!'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Why dont you jus go to the orchar- or do that.'

Ellie grins.

Alarac triumphantly lifts a red apple, spilling the other fruit all over.

Alarac says to Renva in common, holding it out after polishing the thing on his sleeve, 'Here you are, my fine story teller!'

Kedi watches Renva expectantly.

Renva squeals with delight. It flutters up to Alarac, bowing and taking the apple (which is, of course, far too heavy for it.) It plummets to the ground, wrapped around the apple.

Renva takes a hearty nibble of the apple before nodding, satisfied.

Renva says to Kedi in common, through a mouthful of apple, 'Then the demon pulled out a lady from the gate. By the hair.'

Alarac thinks in common 'What an amusing little creature. The novelty of owning one is enough to rival the ethics against slavery, I think.'

Renva says to Kedi in common, in a high pitched, quick tone, 'She blasted them with something and started to run away! And then the demon threw a knife at her and she ran... that way.'

Renva points UP, over the cliff to the southwest.

Alarac swivels about in the air, peering off over the cliff.

Kedi says to Renva in common, in a loud voice, 'They kinda told us somethin' like that, but your story was way better.'

Ellie peers intently up.

Ellie sighs.

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession at Renva.

Alarac says to Renva in common 'Did you see what she blasted them with? Did she have anything she was grasping?'

Ellie says to Renva in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Much more actiony and interesting.'

Ellie grins.

Renva says to Alarac in common, shaking its head quickly, 'She... she cast a spell!'

Renva says to Alarac in common, in a high pitched, quick tone, 'Wasn't holding anything.'

Renva says in common, in a high pitched, quick tone, 'And then.. then! Then the mists closed!'

Renva tries brings its hands together around the apple.

Renva can't reach.

Kedi says to Renva in common, in a loud voice, 'Is the ship back in the mist?'

Renva flutters up, sits on the apple, and nods six times at Kedi.

Kedi says in common, in a loud voice, 'Guess we won't be pirates today.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'We need more information. I don't think we could go tackle the ship alone even if we knew it was there right now!'

Alarac says to Ellie in common 'Do you know of anybody who could help us locate it well?'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'We should prolly see if the woman is still livin' or not though. The ship can prolly be found later.'

Renva commences munching on the apple.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Uuuuh..'

Alarac says to Renva in common, waving at him, 'Bye for now! It was nice to meet you. Thank you for the story.'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Im not good at magic but finding somethign lost is what riann was good at.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Wanna go look for blood now?'

Renva appears to have forgotten entirely about the crowd.

Kedi says to Renva in common, in a loud voice, 'Thanks for the story an stuff!'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'Yes! Let's go look!'

Kedi leaves east.
Ellie leaves east.

/* Finally, they find her in the thicket leading into the bunker in the
   rainforest.  Sort of.  The conversation is difficult because they keep
   running out of spirit sense. */

A Deep Shaft [Room 12063]
The upper section of this tunnel is smooth and finished.  The material seems
to be a very hard plaster, or perhaps a thin coat of mortar that covers stone.
Deeper down, however, the finished walls come to an abrupt end, revealing
bare, raw stone.  A braun ladder leads down from the opening above, but has
been twisted and torn away less than a dozen feet into the shaft.  The air
from below smells earthy, and somewhat damp.


[Exits: (up) down]
     A knife with a wide, rust-pitted blade has been left here.
     A long staff of plain, pure iron lies here.
     A bone sailing charm, shaped like a small anchor, has been left here.
     A tunic of tight, heavy canvas has been dropped here in a heap.
     A pair of heavy breeches made of oiled leather lay here.
     A very unsightly puddle of blood pools here.
     A pile of bones shaped like a curled human lies here in the dirt.
(Translucent) (Ghost) A wiry, brown-haired human woman is here.

Looking around, you see:
A wiry, brown-haired human woman is right here.

Kedi has arrived from above.
Ellie has arrived from above.

Ellie says to Kedi in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'You didnt see that..'

Ellie frowns.

Ellie peers intently down.

Kedi says in common, in a loud voice, 'Blood an a knife an bones!'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Is she naked now?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'Ugh.  Are you here to help?  It's a bit late for that.'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Not naked!'

Ellie frowns.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Are you the one the dagahasi was chasing?'

Ellie tilts her head slightly to the side.

Ellie says to Kedi in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Or the potion from the warehouse..'

Ellie frowns.

Kedi says to Ellie in common, in a loud voice, 'Warehouse potion?'

Kedi peers intently down.

Ellie says to Kedi in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'The super doper expensive one that lets you see and speak to spirits.'

Kedi says to Ellie in common, in a loud voice, 'How much is it? We could prolly use 'em.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Ellie in common 'I don't have anything for you to take.  Bounty or no bounty.'

Ellie says to Kedi in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Umm.. hundered is? i think.'

Ellie frowns.

Alarac has arrived through a shimmering gate.

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession at Alarac.

Alarac says in common 'Oh dear!'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'We found it!'

Alarac looks at a wiry, brown-haired human woman.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says in common, waving her arms wildly, 'I have nothing on me!'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Can you hear what she's sayin'?'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'I can't understand her either, no! Did you... look around the bones?'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Not much. We were gonna see if we could get you here first!'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'What about that potion in the warehouse? you remember the one? Lets you see and speak to spirits.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says in common, her shoulders slumping, 'Well, I guess you aren't after me... but you can't help either.'

Alarac says to Ellie in common 'One moment!'

Alarac prays for transportation!
Alarac begins to disappear in a whorl of purple light.

Kedi crouches down to examine the pile of bones and pokes at a few of them with a claw.

Alarac has arrived through a shimmering gate.

Alarac quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Alarac's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

Alarac gives a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid to Kedi.

Alarac gives a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid to Ellie.

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Kedi quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Kedi's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

Kedi looks at a wiry, brown-haired human woman.

Ellie quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Ellie's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

Ellie looks at a wiry, brown-haired human woman.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'You're the one that the demon wa huntin'!'

Alarac says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, blinking a few times first, 'Hello! I am sorry about your ribs.'

Ellie says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'And your skin.. bet it was really nice and tan.. Dagahasi's can be so mean cant they.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common, faintly, 'I gather you lot aren't helping him?  I don't have anything for you to take for any bounty anyways.'

Ellie frowns.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'Naw. I don't think we're the kinda people that'll cut women's heads off an get bounties. We don't even know who's got the bounty either.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman folds her arms and shivers, as if cold.

Ellie says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'We arnt in league with the half bred. Besides i dont like tiny heads..'

Alarac thinks to Ellie in common 'What?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'My name's Cisse.  I lead a group of explorers.  Led, I guess.'

Ellie frowns.

Alarac says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, with a small smile, 'Well you're still here, on the bright side. We are explorers too. Maybe you can come help us when you're fleshy again!'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Ellie in common 'I'm not sure what you're talking about.  There weren't any tiny heads that I saw... a taurlok and a dagahasi jumped us.'

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'You guys were on the big ship wih cannons, right? I think they were lookin' for you since you mighta had somethin' they wanted.'

Alarac quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Alarac's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common, nodding, 'We've got a recommissioned pirate vessel.  With all the pirates in the bay, it's important to have an armed ship.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Told you they were pirates!'

Ellie says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'We think they were looking for a small relic you may have found. The taurlok and dagahasi thought you people had it or some such.'

Kedi says in common, in a loud voice, 'The magic wore off!'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common, shaking her head, 'No, /no!/  We're explorers.  The bay's full of pirates though.  It's hard to leave the mist or get into it, so they prey on everyone inside.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says in common, miserably stamping her foot, 'We're not pirates.  With luck, they'll remember us as pirates.  Horrid /pirates!/'

Ellie sticks out her bottom lip and pouts.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Oh well..'

Ellie says to Kedi in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'It isnt very long lasting though...'

Ellie frowns.

Kedi says to Ellie in common, in a loud voice, 'No, oh well. we gotta find out what happened! They're pirates!'

Kedi says to Ellie in common, in a loud voice, 'Can you make a magic door to Seria an back?'

Ellie shakes her head at Kedi.

Ellie says to Kedi in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I dont d magic very well..'

Alarac holds a dull, hexagonal crystal in his hand.

Alarac gets a dull, hexagonal crystal from a lacquered black case with irium clasps.

Alarac gets a dull, hexagonal crystal from a lacquered black case with irium clasps.

Alarac gives a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid to Kedi.

Ellie nods.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'I'll give you a buncha gold back for all these.'

Kedi quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Kedi's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

Alarac says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common 'So why did the dagahasi and taurlok assault your ship if you didn't have the lynx?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Alarac in common, raising an eyebrow, 'The lynx?  Is that what they were after?  We've got various things we've found on our travels, so I figured they were regular highwaymen.'

Alarac mulls a bit.

Alarac prays for transportation!
Alarac begins to disappear in a whorl of purple light.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'Nope, they were after that. It's the one that was helpin' you blow the ship all over right?'

Alarac has arrived through a shimmering gate.

Alarac gives a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid to Ellie.
Alarac gives a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid to Kedi.
Alarac gives a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid to Ellie.
Alarac gives a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid to Kedi.

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession at Alarac.

Alarac quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Alarac's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'And i will give you lots of gold for these thank ya thank ya.'

Ellie quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Ellie's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common, with a nod, 'Yeah... we acquired it from a merchant of some sort.  We're always after magical trinkets.  Then we discovered it had a lot of air-based magic in it.'

Ellie nods.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'Was it a half-snake merchant?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common, shrugging, 'I don't know.  One of the men got it while we were docked at the pier for supplies.'

No mobiles by that name.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'Ah. Is it still on the ship? Because that went back into the mists.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'Usually people don't get into the bay... or out of it.  It's some sort of weird magic around the area that makes it seem like another plane.  I've tried to study it, but well...'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman makes the motion of pushing some glasses up her nose before realizing she has nothing on now.  She sighs at that.

Kedi quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Kedi's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'We tried to study it once too. Ya think that the statue helped travel in it? That's prolly why they'd be lookin' for it.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'We got out of the bay by chance, and then one of our men bought the lynx.  We figured, these are all new places to explore, right?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'We're not giving it up though.  That statue has proved invaluable to us.'

Alarac says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common 'Of course! Instant wind in your sails any time you need it!'

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'Those guys are prolly gonna kep huntin' you since they want it an you, well, your guys'll still have it.'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Umm.. does invaluable cover all of your lived?.. cause the people looking for it wont stop till they have it.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common, snorting, 'They can't catch us when we're on the ship... likely can't even get into the bay without something similar.'

Alarac gives a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid to Ellie.

Alarac gives a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid to Ellie.

Alarac prays for transportation!
Alarac begins to disappear in a whorl of purple light.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Ellie in common 'Yes.  Without it, we'd be pirate bait like before.  It's changed our livelihood for the better, and one or two bounty hunters isn't enough of a deterrent to give it up!'

Ellie quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Ellie's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'But they already almost caught you guys once. Prolly gonna be able to do it more.'

Ellie says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'And really.. those two were incompitant in their jobs... mean really..'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common, stubbornly, 'Then we'll be more careful when we dock on this continent.'

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'They'll prolly be waitin' at all the docks they can find too.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman looks Kedi over.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'S'what I'd be doin' if you had somethin' that I really wanted or mighta been mine once an you guy got now.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'Imagine you find the greatest axe in the world.  It makes you a hundred times faster, a hundred times stronger, and you can fly with it.  People want to take it from you.  You'd wuss out and give it over?'

Kedi quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Kedi's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'My theory is, ya cant enjoy riches and women and silver if ya be dead.'

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'An axe like that? No way. I'd chop all kindsa people.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'That's what the lynx is to us.'

Ellie nods.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, ''Cept you got knifed by a demon.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'They didn't take it.  I won't get knifed next time.'

Ellie peers intently down.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'That ship can prolly shoot 'em with the cannons next time, huh?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'Or we'll flee.  We /are/ the wind now when we're on our vessel.'

Ellie quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Ellie's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

String cleared.

Ellie says to Kedi in johgan, in a soft spoken voice, 'Dont think she is gonna had it over..'

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'Until it breaks your sails an masts down.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common, guardedly, 'We've been fine, thanks.'

Alarac has arrived through a shimmering gate.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'S'what the other ships thought. Then the one burned down an all the people died.'

Alarac joins Kedi's group.

Kedi looks at Alarac.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common, snorting, 'We've been using it for four months.  You think you're going to scare us into handing over something /that/ valuable to us with "They might stab you"?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says in common 'Especially with.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman motions to herself.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'Naw. I'm just sayin' stuff that'll prolly happen.'

Ellie says to Kedi in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Well.. prolly aint riht word.. mean stabbing already took place. Jus a matter of time to when.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common, with a dry laugh, 'We've survived more with the lynx than without it... and I'm not telling my crew to hand it over when I messed up.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'I'm all outta potions now.'

Kedi quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Kedi's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

Kedi says to Ellie in common, in a loud voice, 'Yah, prolly stabbin' already happened. I was sayin' the prolly ship breakin' is gonna happen.'

Kedi says to Ellie in common, in a loud voice, 'Then all the other pirates'll see 'em dead in the water an then they'll really be dead in the water.'

Ellie nods at Kedi.

Alarac thinks in common 'If I found this artifact, why would I hand it over to somebody else?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'And if we hand it over, we're dead too.  Except pirates aren't that merciful.'

Alarac says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common 'Say, do you know why people are stabbing eachother over the lynx? Non explorers?'

Ellie quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Ellie's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Alarac in common 'The taurlok and the dagahasi were saying something about a bounty on my head, so they shouldn't let me get away.  I've barely even met anyone, so I don't know why it'd be on my head.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says in common, glancing up, 'This continent is a strange place.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Didn't they say that her head was only a part bounty?'

Alarac says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common 'Because you happened to be associated with the lynx. Some people want it very much - the original owners it was stolen from - and they are offering about a thousand gold for it.'

Ellie nods at Kedi.

Alarac says to Kedi in common, lifting a hand to explain, 'The head of whoever has their artifact is worth two hundred and fifty. The artifact alone is seven hundred and fifty.'

Ellie says to Kedi in johgan, in a soft spoken voice, 'The head and lynx makes up the bounty.'

Ellie coughs loudly.

Ellie says to Kedi in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'What he said.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Alarac in common, with a tip of her head to indicate Kedi, 'I was saying to your friend here... if he found an axe that made him a hundred times faster and stronger and made him fly, would he hand it over to people wanting it?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Alarac in common 'It's worth more than a thousand to us.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says in common 'And while my ship is in the bay, it's safe.'

Alarac thinks in common 'What a tricky woman. She must have a price.'

Kedi quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Kedi's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

Alarac says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common 'I bet he would hand over the axe for something! There is nothing you want more than the wind?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Alarac in common 'You have something better than the lynx?'

Kedi says to himself in common, in a loud voice, 'I could prolly fight Jeyne an win with that kinda axe.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Alarac in common, motioning to the pile of things on the ground, 'The whole bay is full of pirates because they can't get out of those mists.  It is life to us, and this mishap isn't going to change my mind about it.'

Ellie sighs.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'Why don't you guys just leave the bay the next time the mists open an go to other waters that don't trap you in magic? If you guys made it to land, you could prolly steal some other ship.'

Ellie says in johgan, in a soft spoken voice, 'Can we jus go slaying then? In the mean time we can take her bones and maybe collect a reward for them.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'We're /not/ pirates!'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Though.. didnt the selequel say the mists parted for a bit?'

Alarac says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common 'Nor are we! There is really nothing we could help you with that is worth more to your well-being than the lynx?'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Wouldnt freedom of the mists be worth handing over the lynx?'

Kedi says to Ellie in common, in a loud voice, 'Yah, that's how she ended up here.'

Ellie tilts her head questioningly at Kedi.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says in common, explaining, 'The lynx gives us power to leave and enter the mists -- that and my crew's experience.  It also gives us power to flee the pirates within the mist.'

Ellie shrugs.

Ellie says to Kedi in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Seems to me they want to be free of the mists more then they want wind.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Ellie in common, frustrated, 'No... we want to EXPLORE and DISCOVER.'

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'Well, you prolly gotta leave the mists to do all that stuff.'

Kedi quaffs a pearlescent glass vial filled with black liquid.
Kedi's ears and eyes are lit by a spectral glow.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'We were based within the bay before this.'

Kedi's half-mask shudders with golden light, shifting into a stylized sun.
Alarac's half-mask shudders with golden light, shifting into a stylized sun.

Ellie sits down on the ground.

Kedi says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a loud voice, 'We can prolly help you guys leave your ship there an move somewhere else. There's tons of ships outta the mist that you can discover stuff on.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says in common, finally, 'Look.  WE DO NOT WANT THAT.  We are explorers by sea.  We pick up valuable magic items from ports and islands.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Kedi in common 'The lynx gives us the speed to evade our enemies AT SEA and it gives us freedom to travel BY SEA.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says in common, harrumphing, 'Now.  I am going to go haunt something else.  You aren't going to help me here, and I shouldn't have to stay dead and listen to people trying to separate me from my things.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'She's a pretty stubborn sea witch.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman leaves up.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2014, 09:39:38 PM »
Gahr decides to ask for information.  Mostly a rehash of information given out previously, but the communication was less than ideal so he had no idea.

-------------------

Gahr says to Renva in common, with a parched voice, 'I wonder if one has to be dead.'

Gahr looks at Renva.

Renva says to Gahr in common, starting, fluttering several feet higher and away, 'What?  What?  I didn't do anything, don't hurt me!'

A speckled brown mudskipper's skin begins to dry and it burrows under the sand!

Gahr says to Renva in common, his eyes somewhat heavy and distant, 'Looking at you is nearly mesmorizing.'

Renva flies in circles, making a high-pitched whining noise.

Gahr says to Renva in common, a bit hesitant and he takes a step back, 'Now, don't go all mad on me. I just want to talk to you.'

Renva halts in its panicked flight, several feet above Gahr's head now.

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'What?  What?'

Gahr says to Renva in common, with a faint hiss, 'If aynthing tries to kill you, I'll kill it. You got that?! I want you to live, for now.'

Gahr says to Renva in common, with a parched voice, 'I like how you tell secrets, I wonder if you'll tell some more.'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'I talked already!  Talked to the johgo!  I talked and talked!'

Gahr says to Renva in common, with a parched voice, 'As it stands, I'm looking to board that ship into Ledsvha, looking for work I am. You think another hand they will accept?'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'I don't think so!  There was a demon already!  And a bull-man!  They were attacking!'

Renva throws several punches in the air with its tiny arms.

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'Stones!  The bull-man threw stones!'

Gahr says to Renva in common, with a parched voice, 'Sink the ship with the artifact on it? Another artifact on the bottom of a bay I don't need.'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'No no no!  The ship is gone!  There were loud booms!  It went into the mist!'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'The bull-man and the demon were mad, so mad!'

Gahr says to Renva in common, with a parched voice, 'I understand they are after the artifact, the lynx the Coterie seek.'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'I don't know!  There was a woman!  The demon had her by the hair!  She blasted him with magic and ran!  He threw a knife at her!'

Renva flails its tiny limbs, as if acting this out.  It topples and spins in the air before righting itself.

The sun rises in the east.

Gahr says to Renva in common, with a parched voice, 'Was that the Captain of the ship?'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'I don't know!'

Gahr says to Renva in common, with a parched voice, 'Where are this demon and taurlok now?'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'After the ship left and the woman ran, the demon kept making a spell!  It felt so cold, so cold!  Like a million spirits were here!'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'Then he said to the bull-man, "She's in a bush!  Haphen is full of bushes!"  Then they argued!  Then they left!'

Renva says in common, extremely rapidly, 'Ireallydon'tknowpleasedon'tkillmeaiiiiieeeeeeeeee!'

Gahr says to Renva in common, with a parched voice, 'The demon was seeking something wasn't he? The Coterie said the artifact is moving.'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'I don't know!  They wanted the woman!  They threw stones!  There was a big wind!  Like a storm!  The ship went away!'

Ellie is using:

Gahr says to Renva in common, with a parched voice, 'Do you know anyone who has worked on that ship?'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'No!  Never seen it before!'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'The woman got away!  She wasn't on the ship!'

Renva says to Gahr in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'She ran!  Up the cliff.'

Renva spins as it flies up and up, pointing into the forest to the southwest.

Gahr says to Renva in common, glancing upwards towards the cliff, 'With a knife in her?'

Gahr leaves east.

Renva yells in common, in a high-pitched, quick tone, 'I didn't see!  I was almost blown away!  I saw the demon throw it!'


/* He decides to go talk to Suroth, believing that this ship is easily accessible. */

Gahr looks at Suroth.

Gahr says to Suroth in common, with a parched voice, 'Shaman, oh shaman, have you had opportunity to heal a woman with a knife in her of late?'

Suroth stops chanting momentarily to roll his eyes before turning to Gahr.

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'I do not heal anyone who is not of our village.'

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'No humans have passed this way recently.'

Gahr says to Suroth in common, with a parched voice, 'Is there anyone of you village who have gone to serve upon a ship travelling the waters of Ledsvha?'

Suroth snorts derisively.

Gahr stands at length of Suroth, his legs tensed and positioned to make move in the opposite direction.

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'You don't know anything about this place, do you?  Lesd'vha is about as close to this realm as another dimension.  People only leave or arrive by accident.  Nobody chooses to serve a ship from there, even if they could predict its arrival!'

Gahr says to Suroth in common, with a parched voice, 'The sailors fear it. By your words, it would appear you do as well.'

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'It bodes ill.  But nothing comes out enough to be threatening, so we don't worry about it.'

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'We made attempts to go in when Gheldale first fell.  We found the boundary of the place was like some sort of planar magic.  You walk in, you end up walking out.'

Suroth says in common, shivering involuntarily, 'Makes my fur stand on end.  There's nothing of interest there.  The magic around it is too powerful to break for us.'

Gahr says to Suroth in common, with a parched voice, 'There are two imposing upon a spotted ship, a demon and a Taurlok. Have you seen them about?'

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'No, nobody has come here except you recently.'

Gahr says to Suroth in common, with a parched voice, 'I am no magician. I seek an artifact that has perhaps disappeared into the Bay. What hope is there of accessing it, however despairing it may be.'

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'Well, you're not going to get it by going in, that's for sure.  Maybe if you could get it out, but good luck with that.'

Suroth utters the words, 'covenant of fire'.
Suroth is protected by a covenant of fire.

Gahr says to Suroth in common, with a parched voice, 'Kedi spoke of wind. Perhaps the planar winds can be accessed, controlled. I don't know. Such magic is beyond me.'

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'I don't know about any wind.  What the mist there is hiding is that the fabric of this plane is fragmented there.'

Gahr says to Suroth in common, with a parched voice, 'That is difficult for my mind to grasp. A Visardi might have much better understanding than I.'

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'Fact is, unless you're a god or have something god-like, you're not going to make it into there.  Don't bother trying.'

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'We've tried it endlessly already.'

Gahr says to Suroth in common, with a parched voice, 'Aye, better to luck to pull something out then. The Taurlok threw rocks into the bay. I know sailors use light houses to find the shore. Is there chance light may penetrate the fragmentation, may perhaps lead that ship to shore..'

Suroth says to Gahr in common, giving him a funny look, 'Why was he throwing rocks into the bay?  And like I said, nobody goes into or out of the bay except by luck, from what we can tell.'

A felis guardsman has arrived from the north.

Gahr says to Suroth in common, with a throaty voice, 'Hmmm, I've got to find that woman.'

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'You got anything on her?  I could try and find it for you.'

Gahr says to Suroth in common, with a parched voice, 'The Selequel said a demon put a knife in her back. Don't know, don't know if she carries the lynx either, the artifact that is so very much sough after.'

Suroth utters the words, 'seance'.

Suroth utters the words, 'seance'.
Suroth folds his arms and begins communicating with the dead.

Suroth says to Gahr in common 'I don't know about any lynx.  There's lots of daggers around though.  Lots and lots.'

You reward Gahr with 1% rewardpool.

Gahr says to Suroth in common, with a parched voice, 'Aye, too many, I will leave you then, shaman, oh shaman. Your information will be useful.'
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2014, 09:39:55 PM »
------------------------------------
Number: 90
To: All
From: Iskvarren
Date: Mon May  5 21:32:36 2014
Re: * a small, plain notice posted in the common meeting places *
------------------------------------
SEEKING: Supplies and workers to repair a once seaworthy vessel. 
 
Due to unfortunate circumstances concerning an enormous whale, we, the crew of
the Intrepid, have been beached on the shores of the land adjacent to this
one.  We are seeking any workers who will assist us in repairing the extensive
damage to our bow.  Compensation will be provided.  See the proprietor of
Manhunters' for details.  Ask for Orvlin. 

------------------------------------
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2014, 05:51:56 PM »
In this episode:
  • Imbria and Alarac are directed to the Haphen beach by Gerlaz.  The story is that there was a collision with a whale and they are hiring repair help, but don't want any dagahasi.
  • Orvlin says they've been there a month with the rotting whale and this is the first time someone has come to help.  He offers things from their travels, but adamantly tells them the treasures aren't on him or the boat in case they were going to rob him.
  • Orvlin says there was a fierce storm in the bay and a whale was thrown out of the water and into their ship.  Many of their shipmates died.
  • Orvlin brushes aside any mention of artifacts to help you sail better.
  • Orvlin mentions Cisse being on the boat but then she was lost and she had told them to go on if she ever went down.
  • All this time, there have been explosions in the rainforest and birds are escaping.  Orvlin looks and briefly leaves.
  • He comes back with a bottled storm to show as an example of their treasures, and the whale explodes, demolishing the rest of the clipper.
  • Orvlin mentions that Karzt was blasting trees saying that he had seen a ghost.  But Karzt isn't very smart, so he doesn't take it too seriously.
  • Orvlin says they'll have to buy a new one.  A mail is sent.
  • Orvlin heads to the Central Pier to wait for people to reply.
The Battered Bar of the Manhunters [Room 814]
This cramped and stuffy bar is dimly-lit by the wide fireplace against the
southern wall.  Oaken floorboards covered in dents and scrapes form lines of
alternating dark and light wood across the floor.  Fading red paint that
borders on the brown of dried human blood covers the pitted and damaged walls
of the establishment.  Antique weapons, animal skins, and trophy heads clutter
the walls, adding an animal smell to that of stale ale.  A narrow staircase in
the northeast corner leads upward to the second floor, while the entrance of
the shop opens to South Street to the west.


[Exits: (west) (up) (down)]
     A single sheet of paper lies here.
     A pile of furs and skins lies against the north wall.
     Rickety wooden tables provide seating throughout the bar.
     The matted hide of a large brown bear stretches across the floor here.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
(Red Aura) Terka perches atop the pile of furs here.
Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters', polishes mugs at the counter.

Imbria says in common, turning to the taurlok barkeep, 'Anyway-'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'That is a good point. I don't know what makes him so odd. Maybe it's all the blunt force to his head while fighting big things. He forgot what to be afraid of...'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common 'Hello! I saw the notice and would /love/ to know more about Orvlin.'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, looking up, 'Hm?  Don't know much about him.  Raggedy lookin' guy, just wanted to post that up.'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Said he hit a whale or something way south in Haphen.'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, curiously, 'He didn't say exactly where in Haphen he was moored? What'd he look like beyond uh- raggedy?'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, waving her hands to make her points, 'A raggedy felis? Human? ..Avian?'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Oh yeah, he was the canidae.  Looked like a red fox.  He came in here with a ragged human, posted it, and left.  He said he was on the northern side of the continent.'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, beaming, 'And no other details other than the notice? Like- if the compensation would be gold.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, brightening up, 'Oh! Maybe over by that ring of stones? And the selequel.'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, shrugging, 'Said they'd hire, but nothing outlandish... and no dagahasi.  Think that's it.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, mock-solemnly, 'Poor Gahr.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'I am unsure how to break it to him!'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, bobbing her head as she hops off her table, 'Right! Thanks for the information- er. Sorry about leaving the plants up in the loft, we'll try not to get the place too dirty.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'We'll just er- not tell him unless he asks? Maybe.'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, snorting, 'Walked up there and they /bit/ me.  Don't you dare leave any more things like that around.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, head lowering at Gerlaz's words, 'Good idea!'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, somewhat sheepishly, 'Right, right. We're trying to make them not bite /anyone/ actually-'

Imbria waves at Gerlaz as she drags Alarac off.

Imbria opens the door to the west.

Imbria leaves west.
Alarac leaves west.

/* They walk to the beach. */

Gray Shallows Along a Sand Bar [Room 31505]
The constant ebbing and flowing waves sweep around a sand bar that rises a
foot out of the water.  Blackened debris and rotting vegetation sits deposited
up on the sand, carried by the water as it retreats from the land.  Undulating
plumes of sand in the water reveal a strong current.  The sky is empty of any
life, the only sound that of the wind and waves.  A thick band of land is
visible far to the south, piled with the shattered ruins of buildings at the
base of looming cliffs.


[Exits: east south west]
( 3) A pile of collapsed boards lies here.
     The splintered hull of a clipper has been beached on the rocks here.
     The bloated corpse of an enormous blue whale has been beached here.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, hunkered by the side of the clipper, examining the damage.

l canidae
This short, fox-like canidae male is covered in sleek red fur.  His brown eyes
peer from the base of a long, pointed snout, and his tapered ears end in tufts
of black fur.  Thin, slender hands and feet end in dark brown fur, and his
long tail is fluffy and brush-like. 
A short, fox-like male canidae is in excellent condition.

A short, fox-like male canidae is using:
<on head>          (Scratched) a paisley bandana of red and white silk
<on arms>          (Tarnished) an armband of polished, gold-flecked amber
<on torso>         a sleeveless tunic of oily brown leather
<as a sheath>      a leather scabbard stitched with silver threads
<on legs>          a pair of oiled-leather breeches
<on feet>          (Scratched) a pair of blue suede boots with turnover cuffs


Imbria has arrived from the east.
Alarac has arrived from the east.

Imbria says in common, as she comes to a stop on the sand bar, arrested by the sight of the whale corpse, '..Woah.'

A short, fox-like male canidae's ears twitch and he hops up, bouncing on one foot until he can look past the bloated corpse of an enormous blue whale at Alarac and Imbria.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, keeping a distance from the whale, squinting over at it, 'That doesn't look good. I wonder what it's so full of.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she waves a hand, 'Er- hello! We're here because of the notice you send out? You're Orvlin, yeah?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, waving brightly, 'Yep, that's me!  We've been here for nearly a month now and nobody's come to help!'

Imbria nods fervently at Alarac as she skirts a wide distance from the bloated corpse of an enormous blue whale to get closer to a short, fox-like male canidae.

A short, fox-like male canidae taps his fingers together nervously, sparing a glance at the bloated corpse of an enormous blue whale.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Don't touch that.  It's been getting all big and puffy the whole time.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, rubbing the back of her neck, 'Eheh yeah- We had some business with- anyway. We're here to help! Well- hm, first, what's the compensation?'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, glancing at the whale, '..It's been getting /bigger/ the whole time?!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, vaguely, 'We've got some things we've gathered from our travels, and if you don't like them, we could get someone to sell them and pay you.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, perking up, 'Gold things? Treasure things? Travel.. where?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, rapidly, 'They're not on the boat, by the way.  In case you were thinking of robbing us... and the boat doesn't sail!  It's got a big--'

A short, fox-like male canidae points to the hole in the hull of the splintered hull of a clipper.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, affronted, 'I wouldn't /rob/- I'm not a /thief/ you know. I like bargains and trading and /sales/ but I don't /thief/.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Where are your treasures from? Maybe it's familiar and we'll know what to expect!'

A short, fox-like male canidae narrows an eye, then sneezes, as if trying to disguise the motion.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I heard this place was full of thieves!  And you can't trust any dagahasi at all!  That's why the notice said, no dagahasi at all.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Some of it's like magic rocks, and some of it's magic clothes, and some of it's magic clothes with magic rocks on them-- but Karzt went and put them somewhere /safe/ until we get the whole thing fixed.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, after a short pause, '..Actually, it didn't say anything like that. But /we're/ not thieves, okay? I hate thieves.'

Imbria picks her way up to the hull of the clipper, peering into the hole.

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding at him, 'Alright! Also, I promise we are not dagahasi either...'

A distant rumble makes the ground shake barely.  The tremor makes the waves jitter.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, following her over, murmuring, 'If this big fish blows up and kills you, I will guard your gold mountain loyally.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, woefully, 'Oh, he must have written it wrong then!  I bought so much of his ale too.  Watery stuff.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, aghast, 'Even if it blows up, /I'm/ not going to die. You should be careful not to get killed yourself.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, sagely, 'The brandy is better than the ale. So what help do you need?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, huffing at her, 'I spear fish! Fish don't spear me!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, scratching the back of his head, 'Well, some of our men got knocked overboard when we hit that thing.  It's pretty much me and Karzt now.  We lost our captain too.  It's been a whole bout of bad luck!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, slowly, 'Can you- can you even operate your boat with just the two of you? Did you- is there some kind of /curse/ on you guys or something?'

A short, fox-like male canidae puffs out his chest.  He still barely is Imbria's height, though his ears make the difference.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Ma'am, we are /GOOD/ sailors!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, rather solemnly, 'I believe you. But- the curse thing. Can't there still be a curse thing even if you're good sailors?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, his facade instantly melting away, 'But goodness, I hope we aren't cursed!  It was really, really stormy.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, slowly, 'Did you take on any like- cursed treasure recently? You know that's how it goes in /all/ the stories..'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'If you were too cursed, we wouldn't be here to help you out!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, sagely, 'It's how it goes, isn't it?'

Alarac nods confidently at Imbria.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I certainly hope not!  One of our crew is--was--a very skilled cleric!  She would always check everything before we bought it or traded it.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'It's always a little stormy out there!'

A short, fox-like male canidae points northward energetically.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'But this was a storm I'd never seen before!  That--'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, thoughtfully, 'So it was very stormy.. unnaturally stormy- wait, you're a sailor from the Bay of Lesd'va?'

Imbria peers intently north.

A short, fox-like male canidae points to the bloated corpse of an enormous blue whale, almost bouncing on his feet with excitement.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, '--that was /flying/!  From the waves and the wind!  It /hit/ us!'

Imbria says in common, faintly, '..Flying. It was /flying/- how can it be flying?'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'The storm shot a whale at your boat. You are very sure that's what happened? Have you been getting into a lot of big storms lately?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'It was a /VIOLENT/ storm!  We were not looking.  At least it was not a sea wyrm!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'It is always stormy!  We were going very fast though, and the whale was going very fast!  You cannot make a dead whale pay you for repairs.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, placatingly, 'I'm sure you're all very good sailors, yeah. It's /all/ the storm's fault- and the whale's.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'A great injustice. Maybe you can eat it to make up for the whole thing.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'And we are very fortunate that we were not plundered by pirates before we found land!  /LAND!/  We were sitting ducks for a very long time.  There were sharks everywhere due to--'

A short, fox-like male canidae jabs his finger at the bloated corpse of an enormous blue whale again, almost accusingly.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, with a slight cough, 'Erm- so uh, you're a sailor from the bay.. have you ever heard of an artifact that is.. that can help you sail better?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, barking a laugh, 'Of course.  Of course!  It is the hottest commodity, artifacts that make you sail better!  In the bay, they rank among artifacts that make you more muscular and artifacts that help you please your women better!'

A short, fox-like male canidae grins a very fox-like grin, but schools his expression into seriousness.  He rocks on his heels with contained excitement.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'You shouldn't ever believe the people who want to sell you things, ma'am!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, somewhat amused, 'Artifacts that help you please your women- Right. Does your ship have any such thing? We're after a particular one ourselves.'

Alarac thinks in common 'Maybe if an artifact could teach me how to find a johgo magician woman in the first place...'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Of course not!  And even if we did, I'd say no!  We are sitting ducks out here!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, rolling her eyes, '..Right. Okay then- what help do you need?'

The ground trembles again.  Some large waves crash around the beached objects.

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'For free, I can throw rocks at your whale to make sure it won't det-...'

Imbria utters the words, 'levitate'.
Imbria rises and floats above the ground.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, motioning wildly toward the splintered hull of a clipper, 'That!  That!  We have no supplies left to repair it.  We need manpower!'

Alarac trails off, stepping further onto shore by a few feet.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she shivers a bit, 'And uh, are all those tremors normal?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Err, I don't know if womanpower will work.  We'd never ask Cisse to nail the planks.'

Alarac thinks in common 'CISSE. That is the name.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, blinking quickly, 'Cisse. Is that- was that one of your fellow shipmates?'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Especially not in her current condition!'

Off in the distance, birds fly from the treetops in the rainforest.

Alarac thinks in common 'This is quite the problem. I don't know what to hide from, great waves or exploding fish.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, sighing, 'Yes, yes!  We lost her.  It is very regrettable!  But she told us, "If I am savaged or drowned or hung or gutted or skewered or quartered or kidnapped or married, then carry on without me!"'

A short, fox-like male canidae slaps the side of his face.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Hanged, not hung!  She always said, "Horses are hung, women such as me are hanged!"'

A short, fox-like male canidae wrings his hands, his ears flattening as he looks at Alarac and Imbria hopefully.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, with a soft chuckle, 'She sounds like quite the uh, character. Well- /I/ would say that womanpower works just as well as manpower. Better, actually.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'That is a good way to remember it! She sounds like a very wise woman... she has no manpower. She was quite the wiry woman, right?'

Imbria thinks in common 'If this is the same boat as.. Then they must have the statue, right? Hm.'

In the wake of the escaping birds from the forest, a heavier tremor rocks the beach.  The stones jitter.

A short, fox-like male canidae wobbles, throwing his hands out for balance.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Yes, well!  I can even give you an advance!  Of some sort!  I have nothing more, please don't rob me!'

Imbria shivers some more.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, looking out to the forest as he stumbles, 'Oh dear... is that normal?'

A short, fox-like male canidae gives Imbria some coins.

Imbria utters the words, 'armor'.
Imbria crosses her arms and makes small circles with her hands.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she perks up with the gold, 'Gold- I mean. So, I have some branches on me already but I can get more, too.'

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, in an undertone, 'I don't come here often enough to know but uh- not from how the birds are behaving.'

Imbria gets a gnarly satago branch from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.
Imbria gets a gnarly satago branch from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.
Imbria gets a gnarly satago branch from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'No, they must be straight!  And we must clear the broken ones!'

Imbria drops a gnarly satago branch.
Imbria drops a gnarly satago branch.
Imbria drops a gnarly satago branch.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, blinking, '..Straight? Why do they need to be-'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, lowly, 'If I am savaged or drowned or hanged or gutted or skewered or quartered or kidnapped or married tonight, you should go on without me.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, exasperatedly, 'If they are not straight, the boat will sail crooked!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'But if you sail crooked, you'll be much harder for pirates to catch!'

Imbria says in common '..And whales to hit.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'But then we'll sail in circles!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, frowning, 'Straight branches then. I'll help with clearing the broken bits first.'

Imbria floats up some more, to stare down at the clipper with a rather dubious expression.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she beckons to the johgo, 'Come! So you can help with your manpower too!'

A short, fox-like male canidae takes a moment to stand on tiptoe, looking toward where the birds have been fleeing the treetops.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, puffing out his chest while coming over toward the broken clipper, 'We might have too much manpower for the job then!'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, noting briefly, 'This would be easier if we had a board-throwing spell. We should work on that for future use.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, after a short pause, 'Would you want to be ah- levitated too?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'No, no, there is no leverage!  I dropped my bar in the water somewhere.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I am going to check on something though!  I will be back.'

A short, fox-like male canidae nods fervently, his ears flopping with the motion.

A short, fox-like male canidae leaves south.

Imbria peers intently south.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Should we be nervous?'

Imbria whispers in Alarac's ear.
Imbria whispers in common to Alarac, leaning in to talk in a soft voice, 'So we're decided that these are probably the same sailors who have the statue-'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, taken aback, '..No?'

Alarac nods mutely at Imbria, then floats down to nearly touch the ground.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Alright! Maybe we can clear some of these boards before he gets back with out reward!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, with a sigh, 'I /guess/ yeah.'

Alarac glances off in the direction of the forest, momentarily, before he turns back to Imbria.

A heavy tremor rocks the beach.  Birds escape from the trees above the cliff.

Alarac whispers in Imbria's ear.
Alarac whispers in common to Imbria 'If it's them, which I am confident it is, he must have been lying about not having the artifact...'

The bloated corpse of an enormous blue whale jiggles in place.  A gush of foul, rotting air fizzles out from somewhere.

Imbria whispers in Alarac's ear.
Imbria whispers in common to Alarac 'Well he did say that he wouldn't tell us even if they did have it..'

Imbria makes a face as she floats far away from the bloated corpse of an enormous blue whale.

Alarac doesn't react to the noisy whale corpse, nodding at Imbria. He prods at a collection of loose, broken boards near the clipper.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, admitting, 'I don't even know where to get good boards anymore!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'Or shipwrighting! Or even like- how to make things all waterproof without magic.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'So -inefficient-! Poor sailors... A curse or enough wind to kick up a whale and send it into them.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'I can just /see/ the Coterie doing that, putting a curse on it so anyone who has it for too long befalls misfortune.'

Imbria peers intently south.

Imbria peers intently east.

Imbria peers intently west.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'That is very sneaky! Or maybe they have trained attack-whales. We should be careful around this place.'

Alarac flinches and zips right away from the ship (and whale), pulling at Imbria's arm along the way.

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

Imbria flinches, letting herself be dragged by Alarac even as she turns toward the sound of the explosion.

One of the masts of the clipper begins to lean, snapping lines along the way.  It falls down toward the bloated corpse of an enormous blue whale.

A short, fox-like male canidae has arrived from the south.

A short, fox-like male canidae pants, leaning his hands on his knees.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Here, I got something!  To show we have things to offer!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, her voice slightly too loud as she edges away from the boat and the whale, 'Yeah? I'd love to see it and also, what was that /explosion/?'

A short, fox-like male canidae pulls out a glass bottle containing a small storm from his pocket, offering it to Alarac and Imbria.  Suddenly, his mouth gapes as he notices the falling mast behind the two.

The corpse of the whale COMBUSTS in a great plume of fire!
The explosion from the whale slightly wounds Alarac!
The explosion from the whale somewhat mauls Imbria!

The corpse of the whale COMBUSTS in a great plume of fire!
The explosion from the whale slightly injures Alarac!
The explosion from the whale somewhat wounds Imbria!

3
l
Gray Shallows Along a Sand Bar [Room 31505]
The constant ebbing and flowing waves sweep around a sand bar that rises a
foot out of the water.  Blackened debris and rotting vegetation sits deposited
up on the sand, carried by the water as it retreats from the land.  Undulating
plumes of sand in the water reveal a strong current.  The sky is empty of any
life, the only sound that of the wind and waves.  A thick band of land is
visible far to the south, piled with the shattered ruins of buildings at the
base of looming cliffs.


[Exits: east south west]
     The splintered remains of a clipper lie here on the beach.
( 3) A branch from a satago tree lies on the ground here.
( 3) A pile of collapsed boards lies here.
     The charred remains of an enormous blue whale lie on the beach here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.

Imbria lets out a shrill scream at the explosion, covering her face and hair just in time to be blasted by the flames.

From the west, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Are you okay?'

Alarac is blown a good ten feet back, no friction with the ground to slow him down.

Imbria yells in common 'We're better off than your boat!'

Alarac bats his eyes, tendrils of smoke rising from each corner of a yellow-plumed tricorn hat of worn red leather.

l whale
This enormous blue whale stretches several hundred feet long with its head on
the beach and its tail off in the waves.  Its mouth hangs open and its bloated
tongue has swollen to fill the opening, although much of it has been picked by
scavengers.  Its ridged underbelly has split open to expose its entrails, and
the entire body looks charred.

l clip
The remains of a clipper ship lie here, now a pile of burnt and charred planks
covered in blackened gristle.  The words, "THE INTREPID," have been painted on
some of the boards in blue.  A heavy cannon peeks out from the boards, its
insides soaked with water. 

Alarac utters the words, 'infravision'.
Alarac's eyes glow red.

Imbria peers intently west.

Alarac peers intently west.

From the west, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I'm okay!  I didn't break it!  No need to check on me!  At all!'

Imbria yells in common 'You might want to come back now- the whale seems to be done with the exploding!'

Alarac waves in front of his face, frowning as he sniffs.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Let's make sure he didn't get blown in half!'

Imbria peers intently west.

Imbria nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Imbria leaves west.
Alarac leaves west.

A short, fox-like male canidae has arrived from the west.

Imbria has arrived from the west.
Alarac has arrived from the west.

Alarac peers intently east.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, morosely, 'I was going to offer this as well!  But I don't think it would be sufficient if you were magical enough to fix this!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she surveys the ship, '..No, if I were able to fix a sea-worthy ship out of /this/, I'd want much more than just that bottle.'

Imbria utters the words, 'levitate'.
Imbria rises and floats above the ground.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'That was a good ship!  It was the best ship we had had for years!  We will have to make do.  I say, where are ships made around here?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'You can't, can you? That would be very impressive!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, slowly, 'In fact, I think it'd probably be more feasible to /build/ a new ship-'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, dryly, 'What have I told you about my shipwright skills?'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Probably the central pier! That is where the biggest ships come from.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, thoughtfully, 'There's a harbor all the way on the east end of Alandis- that place might have ship building places too.'

Imbria nods her head twice in rapid succession at Alarac.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'And how much does a ship cost?  A very sturdy ship, not a big one?'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, musing, '..How small are we talking?'

Imbria gets a lightweight leather rowboat from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'It's only me and Karzt, right?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'And I am...'

A short, fox-like male canidae stands on tiptoe, holding up a hand to compare his height with Imbria's.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Surly two experienced sailors like them could handle something bigger between themselves!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, finally, '...Giant humans.'

Imbria pulls a rather folded rowboat from her satchel, somehow. She plops it on the sand.

Imbria drops a lightweight leather rowboat.

Imbria looks at a short, fox-like male canidae.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'That's not very sturdy.  Especially if it got hit by another whale!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, wryly, 'Giant humans. But bigger than this one, right?'

A short, fox-like male canidae taps his nails on a glass bottle containing a small storm.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, crossing her arms, 'It's sturdy! It looks like that but I've put /magic/ into it.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Say, you guys haven't seen any ghosts around, have you?  Karzt was... he was swearing he'd seen a ghost and was blasting all the trees.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'That explains the rumbling I guess!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, cocking her head to the side, 'Why would he blast trees if he's seen a ghost?'

Alarac says in common 'Well, some ghosts are terrifying.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, tapping the side of his head, 'He's not very bright!  We pulled him half-drowned out of a shark.  That's how we met.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, slowly, '..Ah. Er- yeah, there're probably ghosts around in the rainforest. Ghosts that look like people you know.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Say, what is that bottle anyway? Is it worth us showing you ghosts we've found lately?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'It's haunted, is it?  We better stay out then!'

Imbria says in common, as she looks at the remains of the clipper, '..Let me see if I can find ah- better boats. Sturdier boats for you.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'This?  We bought it from some visardi magicians!  It's pretty, isn't it?'

A short, fox-like male canidae tosses a glass bottle containing a small storm to Alarac.

A short, fox-like male canidae gives a glass bottle containing a small storm to Alarac.

Alarac utters the words, 'detect magic'.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, bobbing her head, 'You tell him about the spirits and stuff! Lots of spirits.'

Alarac utters the words, 'identify'.
Alarac gathers information on a glass bottle containing a small storm.

Alarac looks into the bottle, nodding.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'No, no!  I know plenty of spirits already!  There's ale, and rum, and grog, and some of it comes in kegs, and some of it comes in bottles...'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she looks once last time at the remains, '..I'll come find you if I find better boats! Sturdier boats.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'But it's bad omens to talk about /that other kind of spirits./  It'll bring them out to haunt you something fierce!'

Imbria says in common, waving, 'And I need to bathe! Exploded whale is not a good look on /anyone/.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Well that explains why I get haunted so much! How did you catch the storm? Or find one so small in the first place?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, peering at her, 'You wear it well.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, pointing at his face, 'I've seen the skeletons of felis come back out of the deep!  Terrible!'

Imbria utters the words, 'gate'.

Imbria leaves east.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I don't know!  Some visardi magicians did it.  I assume they did it with magic!'

The sun rises in the east.

Alarac's half-mask shudders with golden light, shifting into a stylized sun.

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Oh! Right. Can you do anything exciting with it? Does it summon great winds if you smash it?'

Alarac gives the bottle a little shake.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'No, no!  It's a sailing charm.  You hold it and hope you drown quickly instead of being blasted to death by sea wyrms.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'That is an odd charm. You could break it and stab yourself it make it a sure thing instead, right?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I don't know!  It is something you've never seen, right?  If you don't want it, give it here!  I've got to post another notice.'

A short, fox-like male canidae holds out his hands impatiently.

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'No! I do want it! Maybe I can figure out how to make MORE. And then you can release them into your sails to go very fast everywhere.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, gasping, 'That sounds terrible!   No, you must hand it over.  We can't have more storms in our sails!'

A short, fox-like male canidae grabs at the bottle in Alarac's hands now.

Alarac gives a glass bottle containing a small storm to a short, fox-like male canidae.

Alarac starts to hold onto the bottle, but then just hangs his head.

A short, fox-like male canidae snatches the bottle and shoves it in his pocket.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I am very sorry now that I wasted your time!  I will get Karzt and we will have to find this pier.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Fine! What about when you have a ship and get ready to leave this place? Then will you let me have your storm?'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I can help you find a good one!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Ah!  We will give these things to people who help us find the most seaworthy ship!'

Alarac nods, satisfied, and clenches a fist at his heart.

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Then I will help you with that! And not release storms into your sails afterward. I hope you are not savaged or hanged or married or drowned until then.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I hope not!  Then it would fall to Karzt!  And Karzt can only think one thought a day!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'You should go make sure he isn't forgetting how to inhale air, then. I am going back to the bar for now. You can leave notes there if you need to contact us specifically, too!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I will put it out for everyone!  You do not have boats that do not look like they are made of paper!'

A short, fox-like male canidae points to a lightweight leather rowboat.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Good bye!'

A short, fox-like male canidae leaves east.


------------------------------------
Number: 77
To: All
From: Iskvarren
Date: Sun May 11 01:32:17 2014
Re: *a notice posted in the common gathering places*
------------------------------------
Seeking a seaworthy vessel!  It can be small as long as it is extremely
sturdy!  No curses please!  No rats please!  No spirits please!  Unless it
comes in kegs or bottles!
     
Please no dagahasi needed!  I've heard all about how they are thieving,
murdering louts and about how we should avoid them at all costs!
     
Offering: storms in bottles, magic rocks, magic clothes, magic clothes with
magic rocks on them!!!
     
Seek: Orvlin at the Central Pier!  I look like this:
*A drawing of a fox's head.  It is grinning widely.*
     
Do not talk to Karzt!  He can only think one thought a day!  He looks like
this:
*A drawing of a very round face with a single line for eyebrows and a
bristly beard*

------------------------------------
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2014, 06:07:29 PM »
In this episode:
  • Tamashinko decides to talk to Orvlin at central pier.  Orvlin tells him about needing a small, sturdy boat for 3 people.  He goes over the story of the whale exploding.
  • Orvlin tells Tamashinko about the dagahasi and taurlok bounty hunters and how they ran off with Cisse, but they found out she was alive.
  • Orvlin hints that they need a boat that can withstand high speeds and none of the ones at the pier are made for that.
An Open Sitting Room of the Tavern [Room 30006]
The tavern opens up into a larger room with plenty of space.  Wide, elongated
windows have been cut into the walls, giving a stunning view of the sea in
almost every direction.  A beautiful mural of a sprawling, blonde mermaid
adorns the ceiling.  The southern wall is bare of any decoration, but is
covered with hundreds, if not thousands of signatures, in flowing letters,
runes, and glyphs.  The simple archway to the east leads back to the bar
itself.


[Exits: east]
     A round table, ringed with oak stools, sits in the center of the room.
(Red Aura) Tamashinko is here.
A surly, young dock worker is here, minding his duties.
(Red Aura) A short, fox-like male canidae is here, sitting at a table, fidgeting.
A drunken sailor stares solemnly out the window, pining for the sea.


Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'You are Orvlin?'

A short, fox-like male canidae tosses a glass bottle containing a small storm in his hands as he looks out the door of the tavern impatiently.  He jumps at being addressed by Tamashinko.

Tamashinko looks all around.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Yeah, you've got a boat?  A boat!  A great sturdy one!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I'm afraid not, but I'm \could be interested in helping you get one or many.'

A weary traveller has arrived from the east.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'It all depends on the type of boat you are in need of.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I'll buy it if you can find one!  It doesn't have to be big, but it should be sturdy and seaworthy!  Enough for... tw-no, three people!'

A short, fox-like male canidae holds up three fingers to accent this.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, adding with a sigh, 'I guess we lost too many to need a bigger boat.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Ive heard you were in need of boats but I never did hear why.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'What happened?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We were sailing in the bay!  Really, really fast, and then there was a very bad storm!  Wind and water and oh, a whale was flung at us and we wrecked.'

A short, fox-like male canidae nods solemnly.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We were on the beach for almost a month!  Just a few days ago, a human and a johgo came and offered to help, but...'

A short, fox-like male canidae sighs.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'You are from the lands across the bay?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, waving his hand in a seesaw motion, 'Maybe.  No.  Yes.  We just want a boat, okay?'

Tamashinko chuckles amuusedly.

Tamashinko says in common 'Sure, I understand.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'You don't even care what happened, do ya?  I see.'

A short, fox-like male canidae nods to himself.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I do, haven't you told me you wrecked?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Yes!  But then I didn't tell you what happened after, and you didn't even care!'

Tamashinko says in common 'A whale and all fierce wind wand waves, a storm.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Yes!  And our boat was wrecked, so why would we want a new one instead of fixing the old?'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I didn't get that far yet, I was wondering why you were out in the storm actually.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We were sailing and the storm came up on us!  It happens out at sea.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Especially around the bay, you know?  But yep, we wrecked right next to the dead whale and a human and johgo came to try and help us after a month.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'My next question was where you were from and it seems you answered thaat already.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Did your boat make it to shore?'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'From the sounds of it it did.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Ah!  It did!  It had a big hole in it, and the dead whale washed up next to it!  And--for the third time, a johgo and a human tried to help us after a month of us being beached!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Yes, for the second time you mentioned the human and Johgo....Do they have names?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'No, no, definitely the third time!  See, you aren't listening.'

Tamashinko says in common 'Forgive me, I'm a bit slow it seems.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I don't know!  They were very magical-looking.  They didn't look like shipwrights though!  They didn't even get to fixing the boat when suddenly--!'

A short, fox-like male canidae throws his hands out, then tilts his head expectantly at Tamashinko.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Do you know what happened?  Do you care?!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Emote arches a brow.'

Tamashinko says in common 'No, but I would like to know.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Are you going to tell me.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I don't know!  Is that a question, or something you say to be routine?'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Its both.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Okay, okay.  You're a bit slow, I got it.'

A short, fox-like male canidae nods, then folds his hands on the table.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Can I sit?'

Tamashinko motions to the chair.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I don't know!  Is something wrong with your legs?'

A short, fox-like male canidae peers at said legs.

Tamashinko sighs.

Tamashinko says in common 'No, nothing wrong wit them.'

Tamashinko sits down at a rounded table of oak and rests.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'That whale which had been rotting on the beach next to the Intrepid got all bloated with gas, you know!  Like what happens to giant rotting whale corpses!'

Tamashinko nods.

Tamashinko says in common 'Ive seen corpses do such things.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, rapidly, 'And I'm not sure what happened after that but there was an explosion and all of us got set on fire and then the broken hull of the Intrepid became the ruins of the Intrepid.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'That's quite unfortunate. Whale blubber does burn quite hot.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Thers nothing left of your ship then?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'You can go and see!  It's on the beach.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'There are a few beaches around. Do you know where abouts?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'North part of that continent you folks call Haphen.'

Tamashinko nods.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I take it you explored that are, habing been there a month and all.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Maybe!  We had some wood for repairs, but that's moot now!'

A dock worker leaves east.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'So now you need a whole new boat.'

A short, fox-like male canidae nods fervently.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Not a raft or a paper boat, an actual boat!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Small or large doesn't matter as long as it atleast seats two?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Three!  We have the means of propulsion!'

Tamashinko says in common 'And is sea worthy of course.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Seaworthy enough to survive rough waters!  Surviving whales is not a requirement!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Only three of you survivrd?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Yes!  Well, one of them we thought was dead before turned out not to be dead after all.  A dagahasi and a taurlok tried to kill her here!'

Tamashinko raises an eyebrow.

A dock worker has arrived from the east.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Here in this place?'

Tamashinko looks all around.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'No, on the beach!  Before we wrecked.'

Tamashinko says in common 'Oh. Now the tale is getting way more interesting.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, with a scrutinizing eye, 'You aren't in league with that taurlok, are you?'

Tamashinko chuckles politely.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'No, but id like to hear more of them, in case I run across them.'

Tamashinko says in common 'Literally or figuratively.'

No mobiles by that name.

No objects by that name.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Were they part of your crew?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'No!  Of course not!  They attacked us when we were camped on the beach!  Probably brigands!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'The taurlok was really big and hulking, and he had shaggy red fur!  The dagahasi was stout with tangled black hair!'

Tamashinko says in common 'Cant say I know them.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'You fended them off?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'The dagahasi did some sort of magic where he ripped open the air and tried to catch Cisse--that's our captain--by the hair!  And then she ran and told us to take the boat and leave!'

A dock worker has arrived from the east.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'So we left with the boat, and the dagahasi and taurlok went after her!  We thought she was dead, but she wasn't!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'That was all before we hit the whale and got beached, you know!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'What happened to the dagahasi and taurlok?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'They ran after her and she lost them!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Why id they go after your captain?'

A weary traveller leaves east.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, shrug, 'Beats me.  I figured they were brigands!  And we were merchant-explorers!  They probably wanted our stuff or to hold her hostage.'

Tamashinko says in common 'Probably, dagahasi are known to do such things.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'They were yelling something about links and handing things over the whole time, but we had cannons going and things were flying through the air!  It was hard to understand anything!'

Tamashinko says in common 'Wow, sounds like quite a battle.'

A dock worker leaves east.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'They do sound like brigands.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'You said they said something about links?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Something like that.  Linking or something!  We're not from around here, so we thought it must be some magic word from around here!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'The dagahasi had a big scythe!  He had all sorts of magic that smelled like sulfur and dead things!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Sounds terrible.'

A short, fox-like male canidae nods several times in agreement.

A weary traveller has arrived from the east.

Tamashinko is using:

Tamashinko says in common 'Hopefully I don't run across such a foe, sounds like a demon of a man.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Well, if you find him and knock him about a bit, I wouldn't complain!'

Tamashinko says in common 'I would guess many would agree with you.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Youve been safe since then?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Yep!  We've hidden our things good, so don't think you'll get it by mugging us or looting what's left of the Intrepid!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I wouldn't dream of such.'

Tamashinko says in common 'I'm interested in finding a boat.'

Tamashinko says in common 'Or hsip.'

Tamashinko says in common 'Ship.'

Tamashinko looks at a weary traveller.

Tamashinko looks at a drunken sailor.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Well, if you find one or know how to build one, let me know!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'None of the sailors around here have a ship for hire?'

Tamashinko says in common 'Or their captains.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We don't want a boat for /HIRE/, and none of them here will last going at high speeds like we can!'

Tamashinko says in common 'I see.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'You need a fast, fast, fast boat to evade all the pirates in the bay!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Well, ill keep a look out for any boats or anyone who could build such things.'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'You have something for payment of course?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'And the dagahasi and the taurlok!  Watch out for them too!'

Tamashinko says in common 'Oh, I will be looking for them also.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Of course!  We have things like this, and we can definitely sell them if you don't like them.'

A short, fox-like male canidae taps his fingers on a glass bottle containing a small storm.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I would imagine a boat like what you need are quite expensive.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We'll pay for the boat!  You'd be getting paid for getting us hooked up!  If you were building the boat, I'd pay you!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I'm sure you will.'

Tamashinko smiles.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'You said the ruins of your ship are down on the neach?'

A dock worker leaves east.

A short, fox-like male canidae nods his head twice in rapid succession.

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Ill have more of an idea of what you need if I can get down there and see for myself.'

Tamashinko says in common 'Unless there nothing left.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'It's there!  It's not boat-shaped, but it's there.'

Tamashinko says in common 'Probbaly all drift wood by now.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'It hasn't been floating in the sea.  That's not driftwood!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Same difference by now.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'No, not at all!  Driftwood is from elsewhere!  It's carried by the waves, and often ends up full of animals by the time it gets to foreign beaches!'

Tamashinko says in common 'We will call it beached wood if you like.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Our boat is certainly not that.'

A weary traveller leaves east.

Tamashinko says in common 'Whatever it may be Ill still take a look.'

Tamashinko stands up.

Tamashinko motions toward himself.

Tamashinko says in common 'I am known as Tamashinko.'

A dock worker has arrived from the east.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Tamashinko in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Orvlin, but you already knew that!'

Tamashinko says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Ill keep an eye and ear out ofr you. Hopefully we can do business one day soon.'

Tamashinko looks all around.

Tamashinko tips his head towards a short, fox-like male canidae.

Tamashinko peers intently east.

Tamashinko leaves east.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.