Username: Password:

Author Topic: Lythren Thievery Quest  (Read 18202 times)

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #15 on: May 11, 2014, 08:15:01 PM »
Cisse and Orvlin have met up and are chilling in the tavern.  Presumably, they have caught each other up on people trying to take the Lynx from them because they are not players.


An Open Sitting Room of the Tavern [Room 30006]
The tavern opens up into a larger room with plenty of space.  Wide, elongated
windows have been cut into the walls, giving a stunning view of the sea in
almost every direction.  A beautiful mural of a sprawling, blonde mermaid
adorns the ceiling.  The southern wall is bare of any decoration, but is
covered with hundreds, if not thousands of signatures, in flowing letters,
runes, and glyphs.  The simple archway to the east leads back to the bar
itself. 


[Exits: east]
     A round table, ringed with oak stools, sits in the center of the room.
A wiry, brown-haired human woman is here, seated with her staff in her lap.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, sitting at a table, fidgeting.
A drunken sailor stares solemnly out the window, pining for the sea.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2014, 11:02:47 PM »
In which it is established:

  • Still looking for a boat.
  • Cisse has talked to Orvlin about the people after the Lynx artifact.
  • Cisse says the Intrepid was obtained from pirates at great cost.
  • Karzt obtained the Lynx artifact and it happened to be useful.  He is watching it now.  Cisse thinks this is a bad idea.
  • Karzt is not very smart.  He had an unfortunate accident with a shark when they first met him.  He is strong and knows magic, mostly to blast things.  He is also not good at negotiations and would yell, "BOAT!  BOAT!  BOAT!" and then possibly drink all of the rum and blast a hole in the pier.
  • Orvlin reveals that the Lynx statue changed their lives.  They scraped by every day, and Cisse pirated the pirates with her crew and re-stole what was stolen for the people on their island.  They were still plundered though.  The Lynx scared pirates away because it gave them the power to traverse large distances, outrun the greatest sea wyrms, and come back with exotic delights for the children.  He doesn't want to relinquish the statue because it would mean the villagers going back to a hard life.
-----------

An Open Sitting Room of the Tavern [Room 30006]
The tavern opens up into a larger room with plenty of space.  Wide, elongated
windows have been cut into the walls, giving a stunning view of the sea in
almost every direction.  A beautiful mural of a sprawling, blonde mermaid
adorns the ceiling.  The southern wall is bare of any decoration, but is
covered with hundreds, if not thousands of signatures, in flowing letters,
runes, and glyphs.  The simple archway to the east leads back to the bar
itself.


[Exits: east]
     A round table, ringed with oak stools, sits in the center of the room.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.
A wiry, brown-haired human woman is here, seated with her staff in her lap.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, sitting at a table, fidgeting.
A drunken sailor stares solemnly out the window, pining for the sea.

Claire looks at a short, fox-like male canidae.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, arching a brow with a curious expression worn, 'You seeking shelter here inside the tavern as well?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, exclaiming, 'Yes!  No!  I am not sure!  If I am inside an inn room, I cannot be found!'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman rolls her eyes at a short, fox-like male canidae.

Claire looks past a short, fox-like male canidae and offers a warm smile to a wiry, brown-haired human woman before turning her gaze back to a short, fox-like male canidae and nods a single time.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Oh, come along, Cisse.  She might actually be helpful and totally not a Murderous Thug-type.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, thoughtfully, 'Now that would depend on how well you can blend in with drunken sailors and planks of wood. You are correct I am no thug.'

Claire motions toward herself.
Claire says in common, pulling her hand over her chest to form a closed fist, 'I am Claire Alorian, Paladin of the Crusade.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, pointing to himself excitedly, almost bouncing out of his seat, 'I am Orvlin!  Orvlin!  And this, this is Cisse!'

A short, fox-like male canidae motions to a wiry, brown-haired human woman exuberently.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman rolls her eyes again, pursing her lips into a thin line.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We are still looking for a boat!  There was a taurlok named Tamashinko!  And a human!  And a johgo!  Whose names I do not know!  They have not helped us find a boat except for a paper one!'

Claire says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, looking past the canidae, 'Well met Cisse, you two travel together often I would venture a guess?'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding twice, turning back a focused expression, 'I was not aware you had spoken with another group, but at any rate I did come with the intention to assist you in finding a boat.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Claire in common, crossly, 'We were assaulted by brigands and my crew without me managed to collide with a whale.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, tracing out a vague crescent shape in the air with excited movements, 'It must be sturdy!  Large enough to hold three of us!  Able to move at rapid speeds without shredding itself!'

Claire says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, wincing as if struck by a blow, 'It is as if one can not even look away a moment without giving chance for disaster to strike. I am sorry for the loss of your vessel, but glad you seem well enough.'

Claire follows the expressions a short, fox-like male canidae maps out in the air with her eyes. She grips the tip of her chin with a thumb and forefinger and nods once, pulling her bottom lip between her teeth briefly.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Claire in common, crossly, 'I wasn't on the Intrepid when it happened.  A dagahasi knifed me and I was bleeding my guts out.  After that, a bunch of people tried to convince me to give up our one lifeline.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Claire in common, motioning to a short, fox-like male canidae, 'We were only recently reunited.'

A short, fox-like male canidae nods and nods and nods with a wide, fox-like grin at a wiry, brown-haired human woman's story.

Claire says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, her eyes narrowed as a more sour expression forms to match the vitrol in her tone, 'The dagahasi are a horrid lot of demons, you are lucky to be alive.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'And in case you are a brigand, we have little on us of value!  We know this place is full of brigands!  There will be no payment until we find another party in the deal!'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman just glowers darkly.

Claire says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, curiously, a note of bitterness still staining her words, 'Might I ask what you were being convinced about, what lifeline you were asked to part with?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Come now, Cisse, I hope you aren't mad that we left you!  Did you not say, "If I am savaged or drowned or hung or gutted or skewered or quartered or kidnapped or married, then carry on without me!"'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, shooting him a glare, 'It was a joke over a keg of rum!'

A short, fox-like male canidae sighs deeply.

Claire loses the seriousness in her features a moment, lifting her hand to cover her mouth as a bit of laughter trickles from her throat. She quickly stifles the sounds and coughs, passing a look between a wiry, brown-haired human woman and a short, fox-like male canidae.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I at least hope you went back for her after the coast was clear?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to Claire in common 'We're merchant explorers from within the bay.  We acquired an item that we were using to propel the Intrepid before the accident.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Not at all!  She told us to run, so we did!  We only met after we were unfortunately beached by the whale.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, quite rapidly, 'Andthenthewhaleexplodedandthatwastherestofourship.'

A short, fox-like male canidae's ears droop in mock-shame as he sneaks a look at a wiry, brown-haired human woman.

Claire blinks silently at a short, fox-like male canidae before pursing her lips and nodding slowly. She looks back at a wiry, brown-haired human woman warily, reaching to hang a hand from the opening in her armor idly.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says in common, with a great sigh, 'I liked that ship.  It cost a lot to get it from those pirates, and it took quite a lot to beat them at their own game...'

Claire says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'An accident in the worst sense, you lost your ship, nearly your crew, and your life. I assure you that an effort will be made to at least find you a ship so you can begin to heal the wounds you have suffered.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I've looked all over this pier though!  Nothing here is made for quite the speeds we're needing!  We have the propulsion for the speed, and we need the speed to evade all the pirates!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, curiously, 'The item you used to propel the ship previously, you obtained from the pirates or whomever, do you still have it? I am sure it could be reused on any of these fine ships for your purposes?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Ah!  It was a surprise!  We never made it out of the mist before, but once, we did by pure chance!  And Karzt, he was wandering about and came back with it!  He'd spent all his earnings on a statue of a little cat.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman jabs a short, fox-like male canidae in the ribs with an iron staff devoid of markings.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We got mad!  Well, Cisse got mad--ow!'

A short, fox-like male canidae rubs his side and swipes at a wiry, brown-haired human woman's staff.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Oh yes, by the way, we found out it has magical wind power and we were using it to become the fastest ship ever, making us effectively safe from pirates and free to maneuver through the mist--'

A short, fox-like male canidae shakes his finger at Claire.

Claire nods, waiting patiently. She looks back at a wiry, brown-haired human woman with a small smile, allowing her hand to fall back to her side to rest idly.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'If you were going to rob us, we don't have it.  We hid it.  So there.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says in common, adding adamantly, 'And we're not going to give it up, so don't try and convince me like the last pack did.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding in agreement, 'That is a smart idea, it sounds like a great tool and would catch many of a robbers eye. I for one would worry leaving it alone in a location, in case someone would stumble accross it.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'That's fine!  Karzt is watching it!'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, after a pause, 'Karzt is watching it?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, repeating brightly, 'Karzt is watching it!'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman's eye twitches.  Her mouth opens and closes like a fish's mouth, at a total loss for words.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, standing abruptly, 'You idiot!'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman utters the words, 'gate'.
A wiry, brown-haired human woman begins to step through a gate.

A short, fox-like male canidae blinks bemusedly.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, blinking, with a look of surprise, 'Karzt must have been the one who captained the ship into the whale?'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, shrugging, 'Otherwise I do not see why she would not trust a crew member? I would trust each and every one of my fellow Crusaders with my life, and any wordly possession I may have.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, rubbing the back of his head, 'No, no!  I was captain!  But we sailed into a storm, and the whale was /thrown at us/.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, grinning, 'I am the first person you told that, or does Cisse know you were behind the helm?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common 'It was a very violent storm!  We were going very fast!  At least it was not a sea wyrm!'

Claire moves to grab a seat at the table a short, fox-like male canidae is at, resting her hands atop one another in front of her. She draws in a deep breath as she relaxes into her seat, smiling broadly at a short, fox-like male canidae.

Claire sits down at a rounded table of oak.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Karzt is not very bright though!  I met him ass first.  He was stuck in a shark.  I think he is half drowned all of the time, you see.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, cringing, 'Yes a sea wyrm, well if it were so we may not be having this conversation right now.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding, 'It is not sea water he is swallowing either is it?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'He is very strong!  And he knows magic!  But he is not very smart, no.  A few days ago, he saw Cisse and thought she was a ghost!  He was blasting all the trees until we calmed him down.'

A short, fox-like male canidae looks around surreptitiously before leaning in toward Claire, dropping his voice a bit.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'That is why I said not to speak to him!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, placing both of her hands flat on the table, drawing a small pattern with her index finger idly, 'I see, is that also why Cisse seems to be upset he is left guarding the artifact that is coveted by you all?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, holding out his fingers, 'But there are only three of us left!  The rest of them fell into the water.  I am not sure if they are drowned.  It did not make sense for Karzt to negotiate and for me to watch a rock.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, motioning to the empty chair, 'And Cisse was telling me about what she had been subjected to while she was dead!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'They were telling her to give up our means of propulsion!  Because one or two people might try to kill us, as if anyone could catch us if we were on the sea!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, moving to brush some stray pieces of her blonde hair to be secured by her ear, 'You do seem to have quite a way with your words Orvlin.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'If I were Karzt, I would yell, "BOAT!  BOAT!  BOAT!"  And then possibly drink all of the rum and blast a hole in the pier!  It would be bad.'

A short, fox-like male canidae shakes his head, tsking.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, with a thin lipped smile, 'There in fact maybe a group that would try to kill you over that rock, I assure you it is not the Crusade, for you having the artifact is not a reason for such.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Ah!  That is why we need a boat as soon as possible!  So we can go back to being merchanting explorers!  We have so much more sea open to us now with the statue!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, lifting a single hand from the table, 'Between you and I, I am in your corner as far as not giving it to them, and would personally make an effort that their attempts to kill you and your crew fail.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We're offering things like this!  For the boat!  Or gold if you don't want treasure!'

A short, fox-like male canidae stops using a glass bottle containing a small storm.

A short, fox-like male canidae gives a glass bottle containing a small storm to Claire.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, rapidly repeating, 'AndIhaveabsolutelynoothertreasureonmeatallsogodshelpyouifyoutrytorobmeformore!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, pausing briefly before offering a small smile, looking over the bottle, 'There seems to be much activity going on inside this bottle, and I thank you. Rest assured I will not try to tae anything else from you this day.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'It is not yours yet!  Until a vessel is found!'

A short, fox-like male canidae swipes at the bottled storm in Claire's hands.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, lifting a small smile to a short, fox-like male canidae, 'If anything I would only offer to bring you and Cisse a drink to warm your bodies for the evening and put you more at ease that we will find a solution.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Of course, I will also refrain from trying to convince you to part with your artifact that generates wind for the time being, I'd like to save that conversation for another time. First I want to assist you in finding a sea worthy vessel.'

Claire gives a glass bottle containing a small storm to a short, fox-like male canidae.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'There is no need for the vessel if we do not have the statue!  You would be sending us to our deaths if you took that from us after we had the ship!'

A short, fox-like male canidae clutches a glass bottle containing a small storm tightly.

A short, fox-like male canidae holds a glass bottle containing a small storm as a light.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, tilting her head curiosuly, 'How had you managed to survive before finding the statue may I ask?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We have other treasures!  From the bay!  Things from visardi magicians!  And pirates!  We are almost like pirates except without the bloodlustiness1.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Oh, it was terrible!  We scraped by every day!  Cisse occasionally pirated the pirates with her crew and re-stole what was stolen for our people on land!  But many a time, we were plundered in turn!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding, 'I have no doubt that your merchantmanship is first class. I also believe that you are much smarter than you appear, not needing to rely on a newly found statue to keep you alive, nor sell your wares.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'That statue that Karzt found changed everything!  No pirate would come near our island anymore!  We could traverse large distances, outrun the greatest sea wyrms, and come back with exotic delights for the children!'

A short, fox-like male canidae hmphs.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'A little bit of flattery isn't going to get us to give all that up again!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, pressing her lips into a thin line, 'A dangerous business to be sure, I certainly see the benefit of having the statue and what fortune it has brought you and yours.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, pulling her hands together in front of her on the table, arching a brow, 'Well first let us speak of a ship, but if you would at least allow me the opportunity to propose a trade for the statue or find something that would make it worth it?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'It is worth the lives of our crew and our island!  I will not give it up while I live!  Andpleasedon'ttakethatasaninvitationtokillusall.'

A short, fox-like male canidae slides back marginally from the table, casting a wary eye at Claire.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding, keeping her same, small smile worn, 'I will not strike you down here, I believe I maybe able to get you a ship, one that is sea worthy.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I do feel that perhaps there maybe soemthing that we can arrange that would give you and your crew the same security you find in the artifact.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We will give you all our treasures!  But leave us the statue.  We can't go back home and say we gave it all up and we have to live in fear again!'

Claire says in common, adding, 'I ask that you allow me the opportunity to try, I must speak with my fellow Crusaders and others on the mainland, but I have faith that the effort will benefit us both.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, pointedly, 'What are you going to do with it?'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding, 'Very well, if you were to gather your treasures, and us our own offering to propose for trade. We can then see what agreement we come to.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding, 'A fair question, and I can say my cause will not sound as noble as your own plans for the object.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We are using it to sustain our people on the island!  To chase off the pirates that steal our children and rape our women!  What could you possibly offer that is worth that?'

/* At this point, Claire lost her connection and the talk ended. */
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #17 on: May 18, 2014, 11:46:45 PM »
Asyrious offers some rafts and is told the specs again.

=======

An Open Sitting Room of the Tavern
The tavern opens up into a larger room with plenty of space.  Wide, elongated
windows have been cut into the walls, giving a stunning view of the sea in
almost every direction.  A beautiful mural of a sprawling, blonde mermaid
adorns the ceiling.  The southern wall is bare of any decoration, but is
covered with hundreds, if not thousands of signatures, in flowing letters,
runes, and glyphs.  The simple archway to the east leads back to the bar
itself. 


[Exits: east]
     A round table, ringed with oak stools, sits in the center of the room.
A drunken sailor stares solemnly out the window, pining for the sea.

Asyrious has arrived from the east.

Asyrious looks at a short, fox-like male canidae.

Asyrious says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'You the one named Orvlin?'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I am!  Do you have a boat for sale?'

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'I got a few rafts, and some drift wood for a Mass, Mast, the big thing holds the sail!'

Asyrious drops a wooden raft.
Asyrious drops a wooden raft.
Asyrious drops a wooden raft.

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'No, no!  If I wanted driftwood, I would go and find what's left of the Intrepid!'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I need a proper ship!  With masts and sails!  Like a clipper!  It must be fast!  And sturdy!'

A short, fox-like male canidae throws out his hands, emphasizing each utterance.

Asyrious says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'The woods a bit heav, then the rafts will be a good start.'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'That's not a boat!  I'm not paying for that.'

Asyrious says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'How many people we trying to fit.'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Three!  But what you brought will capsize in the ocean!'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'It doesn't even look like it can go fast!'

Asyrious says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'If I can build a raft, I can manage a boat!'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'A clipper ship!'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Not just any boat!  If I wanted ANY boat, I'd have bought one from around here already!'

Asyrious eyes the wooden rafts, making angles in the air with his hands.

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'A clipper ship.'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Yes!  Or a schooner!  It must survive the ocean storms and be able to travel at great speeds without falling apart!'

A dock worker has arrived from the east.

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'So, I don't know nothing bout no clippers, but I figure to hold three, and be sea safe, you'll need a boat of twelve feet or better.'

A short, fox-like male canidae sighs and places his hands on the table.

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'Great speed, no small boat will work for that.'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'Look, I don't want to talk about /building/ a boat.  I just want to buy one.  If you need an idea of what we used to have, it's on the beach in the place you guys call "Haphen."'

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'Have to double that at least, twenty five.'

Asyrious nods at a short, fox-like male canidae.

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'If you can find someone else that we can buy it from, that works as well!  We'll give you a share of the reward!'

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'So you would like something like what is wrecked in Haphen... I guess I'll look over the ship wrecked in old lords, and the boat they are building in Salty harbor, and figure something out.'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I don't want a /wrecked/ ship!  We already had a wrecked ship and nobody would help us fix it!'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'We want a working boat or ship or schooner that is sturdy, seaworthy, and fast.  Nothing else!'

Asyrious says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'Who said I could move one them ships? Just ain't never built no ship before.'

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, shrugging, 'If you can't, then I guess we don't have anything to buy from you.'

Asyrious says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'This someone else doing the building and selling does sound good.'

Asyrious says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'I'll return when I have a sea worthy vessel, or someone to sell it to you.'

A short, fox-like male canidae nods at Asyrious.

Asyrious eyes the rafts again tilting his head from side to side.

A short, fox-like male canidae say to Asyrious in common, in an airy, lilting tone, 'I'll let my friends know, but a bunch of people have said they'd try and we're not holding our breaths!'

Asyrious thinks in common 'I hope I don't send them out on something that sinks them all.'

Asyrious says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'I wouldn't hold my breath, I couldn't hold mine as long as it takes me to fly to Haphen.'

Asyrious begins to fly.

A short, fox-like male canidae nods.

Asyrious shakes his head, eyeing a short, fox-like male canidae oddly.

Asyrious says in common, in a low, raspy tone, 'But I'll return with something.'

Asyrious leaves east.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2014, 11:51:16 PM »
For a few days, Orvlin was moved to the dock where he was admiring the Nomicon.  Nobody approached him though.


------------------------------------
Number: 60
To: All
From: Iskvarren
Date: Thu May 22 23:50:57 2014
Re: * a small posting in the common gathering places *
------------------------------------
The NOMICON will no longer be making its journey from the Central Pier to
Cranezmore.  Long has that city been abandoned by our people and our gods. 
 
The NOMICON will sail with another captain now. 
 
* There is a faint marking at the bottom of the notice, something vaguely like
a fist in red ink.  *

------------------------------------
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 11:51:37 PM »


Actors at this time

Cisse       Mobile #11408  [a wiry, brown-haired human woman]
Orvlin      Mobile #28009  [a short, fox-like male canidae]
Karzt       Uncreated

Coterie
Ricard      Mobile #111    [a thin, black-haired human man]

Nomicon Crew
Captain     Mobile #11355  [a dark, gaunt figure]
Deckhand    Mobile #11356  [a dark, hunched figure]

====


A Glassy Bar Filled with Shifting Incense Smoke [Room 326]
This dimly-lit bar is darkened even moreso by the black damask decor.  It
covers the walls, obscures the windows, and drapes over the shelves along the
wall that holds dozens of liquor bottles.  A glassy black bar with gold
inclusions glimmers in the light from long black candles placed along its
length.  The matte-black floor is made of diamond-shaped tiles so tightly
fitted together that the edges are barely discernible in the dim light.
Pungent incense smoke fills the entire bar, emanating in looping wisps from a
blacksteel brazier on one of the shelves in the back. 


[Exits: west]
     A row of claw-footed blackwood barstools provide seating at the bar.
A dark, hunched figure is here, seated at the barstool, clawed fingers clenching around a shotglass.
Zeira Irriseid leans negligently on the bar.


Svedvalian's Shop 'o the Sea [Room 30004]
More of a small warehouse than a shop, this building is stacked high with
crates, bundles, and piles of goods.  Some even hang from the ceilings on
cotton strings.  Many of them bear different languages and crests, the marks
of almost every race or city that trades in the world.  There are no shelves
or counters to speak of, and a few open cases attest to the shopping style
here.  There is a thick smell of fresh sawdust here, broken by gusts of crisp,
salty air from the west. 


[Exits: west]
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, leaning against the counter, haggling with the blond human man.
Svedvalian surveys the shop here.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #20 on: May 27, 2014, 09:37:33 PM »
In this episode, it is established that:
  • Orvlin approached the captain and boatswain of the Nomicon to sell in exchange for his exotic treasures from Lesd'vha.  He would wait on the pier for them, flatter them, and be his usual excited self.
  • The captain learned from Orvlin that their group has the Lynx artifact.  He decides to sell the boat to Orvlin and then snitch on him to the Coterie.  He thinks this will get him in the Coterie's good graces and leave the hard work (ferretting out the artifact) to the Coterie.
  • The boatswain disagreed on the plan, and the captain threw him out.  Since the captain's a necromancer, he ball and chained the boatswain and he drowned.  By the time he got revived, the captain had sold and left.
  • Orvlin is still at the pier for some reason* and hasn't immediately left.  Cisse has visited him before.
  • The boatswain wants revenge on the captain, and tried to convince Kedi to kill the captain and Orvlin (who happens to be a canidae).  He says that he has made his own fortune helping the captain to smuggle enbriun for the Coterie, and would offer a reward for both the captain and Orvlin's heads.
* As a reason for why they haven't left, I've considered that the captain intentionally spilled enbriun on deck to delay departure.  Orvlin is busy figuring out how to clean it up.

==============================

A Glassy Bar Filled with Shifting Incense Smoke [Room 326]
This dimly-lit bar is darkened even moreso by the black damask decor.  It
covers the walls, obscures the windows, and drapes over the shelves along the
wall that holds dozens of liquor bottles.  A glassy black bar with gold
inclusions glimmers in the light from long black candles placed along its
length.  The matte-black floor is made of diamond-shaped tiles so tightly
fitted together that the edges are barely discernible in the dim light.
Pungent incense smoke fills the entire bar, emanating in looping wisps from a
blacksteel brazier on one of the shelves in the back.


[Exits: west]
     A row of claw-footed blackwood barstools provide seating at the bar.
Kedi is here.
(Red Aura) A dark, hunched figure is here, seated at the barstool, clawed fingers clenching around a shotglass.
(Red Aura) Zeira Irriseid leans negligently on the bar.


This gaunt dagahasi is short and swathed in a mass of cloaks, robes, hoods,
and other rags.  The left side of his face is covered with gleaming black
pustulent boils.  A small scar on the right side of his scaly black lips
curves his mouth in a perpetual half-snarl, and greasy black dreadlocks spill
out from over his dark eyes.  Making out anything beyond his height about his
build is next-to-impossible owing to the layers and layers of rags he's
covered himself in, but two shrivelled claws hook out from his sleeves.
A dark, hunched figure is in excellent condition.

A dark, hunched figure is using:
<on head>          a dark hood of fraying canvas
<on shoulders>     a tattered cloak of black canvas


A dark, hunched figure huffs quietly, his talons tapping on his shotglass.  There is the glint of eyes from beneath the hood as he glances discreetly at Kedi behind him.

A dark, hunched figure wobbles slightly on his stool and throws out a hand to steady himself.  He hiccups.

Kedi casts a side-eyed glance at a dark, hunched figure as he hastily rummages through a knapsack with a hand. He pulls out a crumbled piece of paper and nods to himself as he reads over it.

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, holding up the crumble sheet of paper, 'You're the demon captain of the Nominom, right?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in dagahasi, a in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Me?  I'm not a fool like him.  Throwing away that boat to men who don't even belive in Dark Lords!'

A dark, hunched figure clenches his fist and slams it on the bar.  The motion threatens to destabilize him as he sits on the stool.

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'You're sad that the boat doesn't take waves anymore? S'it broke? It ain't sink did it?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in dagahasi, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'It was sold.  SOLD for a few pretty trinkets!  Look at me now, the boatswain gets no say in it, does he?'

A dark, hunched figure hiccups.

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in dagahasi, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'He says, "We don't need the boat anymore.  The city's abandoned!  The Coterie doesn't need us for smuggling treasure anymore!"'

The discordant knells of Darkwater Basilica toll the midnight hour.

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, as he leans against the bar, 'Ah. The Cooterie was your last business. Makes sense since nobody wants to get ate by demon wolves an flyin' demons an stuff.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in dagahasi, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'The captain, he says to me, "That dumb fox out there wants the boat, and you know what he told me?"'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Naw, I wasn't there. What'd he tell ya?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in dagahasi, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'The captain says, "The fox's got the Lynx the Coterie wants!  We'll sell the boat and then tell the Coterie to get in on their good graces!"'

A dark, hunched figure buys a crystalline shot glass from Zeira.

A dark, hunched figure quickly downs a crystalline shot glass of dark chocolate liqueur.

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'You're gonna sell the boat an attack the Cootery with dragons?!'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'No!  The fool captain sold the boat!'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'I told him no, this boat is our last tie to the old Cranezmore.  We can't just throw it to the dumb fox out there.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Oh...the captain did. To buy dragons an attack the Cootery. I figured that one'd be able to just steall all their souls since he was pretty strong in all sortsa demonry.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'He says, "You're just a boatswain, what do you know?  I'm selling the fox out to the Coterie, and I'll probably get my boat back anyways."'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'The fox didn't have the thing on him, the captain said.  He'd tell the Coterie who had it and let them find the rock.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'The fox wants to buy the boat with rocks? Good rocks? How many rocks are we talkin' here?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'The fox bought the boat with exotic treasures or something.  I didn't get any.  The captain threw me out the side of the Nomicon 'cause I didn't want him selling.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'The captain marched off to tell the Coterie who had their artifact.  He's hoping he gets on the Coterie's good side, maybe net himself a cush insider position and still get his boat after this.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, with a look of clarity, 'Oh. The captain sold the boat to the fox to get all the treasure, but he ain't have the treasure that the Cootery was lookin' for, so the captain s gonna tell 'em where the fox is...so they can get the real treasure.'

Kedi says in common, in a loud voice, 'An the captain keeps the treasure an the boat.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Yep, you got it, cat.  And he cut me, the boatswain out of the deal... so I'll get him, believe you me.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'The fox's group has the Lynx artifact the Coterie's been hunting for.  It's hidden or something, and the captain figures the Coterie can root it out better than him.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'That captains a powerful demon that got powers from gods to steal souls though! Why ain't he just use those powers to do demon stuff an learn?'

Kedi unravels the ball of papers more in attempt to sort through them.

Kedi puts a single sheet of paper in a knapsack of darkly tanned human skin.

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'What?!  The captain's a dagahasi, just like me.  He can summon a couple of demons, but that won't get the location of the artifact out of people.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says in common, grumbling, 'He's a bit stronger than I am.  That's why he's captain and I'm 'swain.'

Kedi says in common, while squinting hard a sheet of paper, 'This might be them, but is says that they ain't dealin' with no dags like you guys.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'The fox didn't like us, but he needed a boat and nobody else had one.  The Nomicon's as sturdy as they come.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Think it'll hold up 'gainst giant waves, magic waves, an sea beasts?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'It holds up against great big demons, and it's no smooth sailing to Cranezmore and back.  Fox thought it would anyways.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Now, you gonna kill that captain for me?  Skin him alive, rip out his horns, feed him his own hide, a necklace of his horns and him alive to watch it all?!'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Well, if it's the group that I think it might be, then they're prolly gonna head to Haphen pretty quick an go back into Lesvideo an vanish into the magic mist.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'I don't give a damn about them.  The captain said they'd take a while because they'd have to change stuff on the Nomicon before they go... probably something like painting it white!'

A dark, hunched figure growls and clenches his fist, which he bangs on the bar.

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Kill the demon captain? You sure he ain't got really strong demon powers? I'm pretty sure that the Dark Lords blessed 'im an then he could eat people's spirit right outta their body.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Either way, the captain's off snitching with his treasure and I'm here with nothing!'

A dark, hunched figure pounds his chest with his fist.

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Souls still here.  He ain't all he's cracked up to be.'

Kedi says to himself in common, in a loud voice, 'It'd prolly make a really good battle story like the one Alarac an Toukaj got. I ain't got no battle stories in books, so I could prolly use some.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'If I go an kill the demon captain...can I keep the ship?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Can kill that fox too if the captain doesn't have it.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Who'se the Fox? That's some other captain, right? Would I be a pirate if I started killin' off nasty captains?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'I'm off to better things... the boat was one thing, but the captain tossing me is what I want him dead for!'

A dark, hunched figure snorts.

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'The fox?  Some foreigner who's been camping around the pier.  Dresses like some pirate from the southern seas, keeps waving his arms and yelling like he's always excited.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Damned annoying canidae.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Oh, so the Fox is a pira-the Fox is a mutt pirate?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Think so, but he's all silver-tongued and says whatever he thinks you wanna hear.  He was praising us the whole time the captain was considering, saying he'd take the Nomicon out to bloody seas.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Ya ain't even gotta tell me no more. I got no problems killin' mutt pirates too.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'You kill them, the treasure's yours.  He doesn't have the Lynx on him, but his group sure does.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'An they're more mutts?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'I saw one that was a human woman.  Mostly it's the dumb fox bouncing on the docks every time we get back there.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Hmm. She look like a sea witch?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Buggered if I know.'

A dark, hunched figure spits on the ground.

Zeira scowls at a dark, hunched figure, but doesn't make a move otherwise.

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Hmm. Alright. Where's the demon captain usually at? That way I know where the treasure prolly is?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Don't know.  Like I said, he didn't put up with me disagreeing and threw me out the boat with a great big magical ball and chain on my leg.'

A dark, hunched figure hiccups.

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'By the time I'd gotten revived, the boat was sold, the dumb fox was hopping around on it, and the captain'd gone, probably to tell the Coterie and reap his reward.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'An you don't want no treasure an no boat for tellin' all this? Just payback on the demon captain?'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'I made a good fortune being 'swain.  No, this is all about the insult.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Coterie paid us well when we were smuggling their white powder out of the city for them.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'The fox is at the pier if he hasn't left.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Ah, the powder that stole magic from magic people. That stuff. Hmm.'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, with several nods, 'Yah, I'll kill 'em for ya.'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'You do it and bring me proof, I'll pay you too!'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'An you'll pay me?!'

[Drunk]A dark, hunched figure says to Kedi in common, in a wet, throaty gurgle, 'Both their heads!'

Kedi says to a dark, hunched figure in common, in a loud voice, 'Welp, it sounds like we gotta deal. I got all kindsa friends that'll help find 'em for bein' paid an gettin' more treasure.'

A dark, hunched figure sways in his seat and slumps at the bar.  In a moment, the sound of snoring can be heard.

l
A Glassy Bar Filled with Shifting Incense Smoke [Room 326]
This dimly-lit bar is darkened even moreso by the black damask decor.  It
covers the walls, obscures the windows, and drapes over the shelves along the
wall that holds dozens of liquor bottles.  A glassy black bar with gold
inclusions glimmers in the light from long black candles placed along its
length.  The matte-black floor is made of diamond-shaped tiles so tightly
fitted together that the edges are barely discernible in the dim light.
Pungent incense smoke fills the entire bar, emanating in looping wisps from a
blacksteel brazier on one of the shelves in the back.


[Exits: (west)]
     A row of claw-footed blackwood barstools provide seating at the bar.
Kedi is here, facing the hunched figure as he leans on the bar.
(Red Aura) A dark, hunched figure is here, slumped at the bar, snoring.
(Red Aura) Zeira Irriseid leans negligently on the bar.

Kedi says to Zeira in common, in a loud voice, 'I'd stay an drink, but I got some work to do.'

Kedi opens the black damask curtain to the west.

Kedi leaves west.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 11:53:35 PM »
Orvlin has retreated to the Nomicon now to scrub silver dust from the deck.
Nomicon room 11376 is connected to the end of the pier room 11373.

The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck. 


[Exits: east south west up]
     A layer of silvery powder coats everything here.
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, bent over, scrubbing the deck.


<5059/5059hp 5060/5060mn 5006/5012mv> raining N Shipyard common 23:52:28 05/28/14 <    11376>
cast
Oprog (1230) echo>You feel your magic drain away from you rapidly even before you focus on the spell.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2014, 03:31:59 PM »
Orvlin is moving on to other parts of the boat.

The Black Sails [Room 11378]
The single mast of this ship is a dark, oily shaft, stretching almost twenty
feet into the air.  A simple array of rigging and yards supports the broad,
black sail.  This huge square of canvas is worn and old, and several holes are
visible across its span.  Still, it seems to catch more than enough wind and
pulls tight againt the lines.  The deck of the Nomicon lies down below,
shadowed by the tattered sail. 


[Exits: down]
     A layer of silvery powder coats everything here.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, hanging from the rigging, scrubbing the silver powder.


However, Ricard has been dispatched since it's been nearly 3 IC months.

The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck. 


[Exits: east south west up]
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
A thin, black-haired human man is here, with hands behind his back, looking up the mast.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2014, 08:20:57 PM »
Today:

  • Alarac and Kedi tried to offer to get the Lynx for the Coterie but want the opportunity to use it to sail into the Bay and get more treasure for themselves and the Coterie.
  • Szaloch is adamant that they don't want any treasure but the Lynx, and they'd rather have the Lynx than the promise of treasure that might turn out to be nothing or stuff the Coterie already has.  He doesn't want the Lynx used for an expedition that might fail and get it lost.
  • Szaloch drops a hint that the Lynx is not easily duplicateable, else they'd have done it already.
  • Szaloch reminds them that their reward for helping the Coterie is the 750 gold and the possibility of viewing their final plan, which is more likely if they continue to stand with the Coterie.
  • Szaloch says the Coterie doesn't care about the boat, but others might.
They then go to question Orvlin on the Nomicon and run into Ricard.

  • Ricard says he's there to try and convince Orvlin in case there's a peaceful solution.
  • Ricard says the captain of the ship isn't there because she doesn't like the silver powder, which was there when he got there.  He says it looks like the enbriun they used to export, and he knows an easy way to get rid of it all.  He says the extra refined stuff could sap magic and suppress powerful artifacts, but what's scattered here is pretty crude.
  • Kedi goes up to talk to Orvlin.  Kedi tells Orvlin that people want to kill him and sink his boat, and he can live by giving the statue to Alarac.  Orvlin declines, saying all they have to do is fix up the boat and leave, even if Ricard refuses to get off and is taken with them.
  • Orvlin emphasizes that the statue is needed to return and help them protect their people at home.  They are unable to return home, and even if they made it into the mists, they can't protect their people from the pirates without it.  Thus, they cannot give up either the boat or the statue.
  • Orvlin offers a deal to Kedi that if he helps them, they can take them to one of the islands for exploring.  Kedi doesn't take the deal.
They go back down to talk to Ricard.

  • Ricard tries to get the statue from Orvlin by claiming it was originally theirs.  Orvlin retorts that they can't give it up because it provides them with security and opportunity.
  • Orvlin says the ring of stones is for leaving the bay, not to enter it.
  • Orvlin asks Kedi if he wants to help again, repeating the offer to drop them off in the bay.  Kedi repeats that the Coterie is going to kill them and take the statue and refuses to help a canidae.  He tells Ricard that it's probably on the boat.
  • Orvlin smashes his bottled storm to blow Kedi off the boat.  He and Ricard fight on the boat, and Ricard is killed.
  • Orvlin tells Kedi to go home and suck up to his Coterie masters, thinking that Kedi is on their side.
Kedi goes back to tell Szaloch.
  • Szaloch says he already knew that Ricard died, and Ricard is loyal and offers his life for their cause.
  • Szaloch says the Lynx isn't on the boat, so they have to find other ways to extract it from them than overt fighting.
  • Kedi offers to help them board the boat if needed.

=========

The Hostel Intent Tavern [Room 4530]
A warm fire crackles in a massive, black stone hearth that takes up most of
the north wall.  Mounted just above the mantle is the grinning visage of a
preserved bloodwolf head, its flinty glass eyes and yellowed teeth glinting in
the firelight.  Adjacent to the hearth is an elliptical bar of polished
blackwood situated against the east wall.  Rows of bottles and jugs, all
filled with various amounts of alcohol, are haphazardly arranged on shelves
behind the bar.  Dents and scuffs marr the blackwood floor and the sheen of
spilled liquor stains the boards beneath the stools.


[Exits: south west]
     (Glowing) Strings of black paper lanterns hang from the walls.
     A dozen blackwood stools sit along the edge of the bar.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Kedi is here.
(Red Aura) An aged male taurlok with broken horns stands behind the bar.
(Red Aura) A gaunt, middle-aged human man nurses a drink at the bar.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'The last Ricardos I talked to were humans though. I think they all are. Not all humans are Ricardos though.'

Kedi says to a gaunt, middle-aged human man in common, in a loud voice, 'I guess we could just ask if you're Ricard insteada talkin' 'bout you. Are you Ricard?'

Alarac says to Kedi in common, murmuring lowly, 'I can show you who I turned the last artifacts in to. Maybe he will know where to find somebody.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Oh, yeah. That'll prolly work better.'

[Drunk]A gaunt, middle-aged human man says to Kedi in common, blearily, 'What?'

Alarac says to a gaunt, middle-aged human man in common 'He said have a nice night!'

Alarac leaves west.
Kedi leaves west.

=======================

The Northern End of the Stained Glass Atrium [Room 4520]
Paper lanterns painted with an open eye motif hang strung across the high
vaulted ceiling of the atrium.  They cast reddish light and slit-pupiled
shadows onto the smooth, shining black floor below.  Tall arches of gray stone
form the walls to the east and west where parallel series of stained glass
windows glare at each other across the room.  Hazy clouds of sandalwood
scented smoke rise from burning sticks of incense tucked in niches along the
walls and hang, oily and thick, in the air.  The atrium stretches to the south
while an arched doorway to the north leads to the basilica's inner chambers.


[Exits: north south]
     A ring of white-cushioned prayer mats rests on the glassy floor.
Kedi is here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Red Aura) Szaloch chants prayers in a low, droning rasp.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'That's not a Ricard. That's a daga.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'Hello! I heard you are still missing your windy statue. Pirates are such trouble!'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Pirates?  What do they have to do with it all?'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, offhandedly, 'Ricard is off on a mission at this time.'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'You ain't know that the pirates bought it off a snake-demon an been usin' to travel in magic mists to fight other pirates?'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'That is not the information we received.  However, the matter is old news.  It was last given to us nearly three months ago, and we will deal with it.'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'Oh. Well, they got a ship now, so they're prolly gonna sail back in the mists with it an then you guys won't see it any more. We had a pretty good idea to get it back for you though.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, with a snort, 'Old news.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We are already in the process of retrieving what is ours.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We learned of the ship nearly three months ago.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The Coterie is not a handful of bounty hunters.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I am unconcerned regarding their magical prowess.  They are not the only ones who are sorcerers.  I feel what we should discuss is where /you/ stand.'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, as he nudges the johgo with an elbow, 'We kinda had an idea that could  prolly get it back pretty easy an get you guys new treasures sometimes.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We are not interested in any treasure except the one we already paid for.  The Coterie does not need wealth.'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'From places that y'all ain't been yet?'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We need the Lynx.  We do not need ambiguous offers of wealth and treasure.'

Kedi turns to Alarac with a pointed look.

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'If we get you the lynx, and spare you potential casualties, would you let us borrow it for an expedition?'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Told you we shoulda killed the pirates an turned the statue in first.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I have no guarantee it will return, so no.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'We have been helpful so far in getting the others. If we wanted to steal from you, we'd have had done so when we were all less acquainted.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'And what if you take it on a fool's errand, wreck your vessel, or die in the sea, sinking it into the deepest ocean within some magic, interdimensional mist?'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, pointedly, 'No.'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'You may think of it like this.  We know where our artifact is and we know how to obtain it.  Why would we give /you/ the task of obtaining it when you would prefer to run off with it?'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The Lynx is needed in Darkwater, and Darkwater does not need exploration and vague promises at this time.'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'Well, we'd really wanna find a way to copy it an give you guys back the real one.'

Alarac thinks in common 'If there is no hope to get it out into the fog, then why would we want to help anyway? Mutually unbeneficial gains.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'If it were so easy to copy it, do you not think we would have done it already?'

Kedi says in common, in a loud voice, 'That way we can go into the magic mists an look for new places.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Our offer to you is this.  We pay for its return, and as long as you continue in our good graces, we are highly likely to show you what we do when all the artifacts are recovered.'

Alarac listens to Szaloch with a twitchy eye, glancing over at Kedi.

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Or, you may decide to play renegade, and if we obtain the artifacts, you will not be a part of oru plan.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The Coterie is not interested in any plan that involves its treasures being taken into a mist where they cannot be recovered.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Well, there's that idea. We can still try an get it back b'fore they do an turn it in for the gold.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'That is an interesting proposal from a man who dislikes vague promises! If we help you get all the artifacts, we should be promised to know what happens with them.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I will make you no promises when you may decide to play renegade before the last artifact is recovered.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'You are not one with our interests in mind.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'My interest is to know what the sum of these artifacts is, and you are the player with a majority of them secured. I think our plans are rather similar.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common, admitting, 'Though, I do wish we could have figured out the mists. Maybe some day.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Yah, some day.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'We will get your artifact. Do you have plans for their boat?'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'Well, if we get the statue back to you guys, can we keep the ship?'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'You can help us obtain the Lynx, or you can stand by and do nothing.  Only if you stand against us will we consider this shaky agreement null and void.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The boat is of no concern to us as the Coterie.  However, I am told that others may have plans for it.'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'That old captain that sold it?'

Szaloch shrugs.

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'But not Cootery?'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The Coterie exists for the interests of its people in Seria, not to sail into magic mists pursuing pretend treasure.'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'Well, it ain't pretend if they bought a ship with it. It's pretty real.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Fancy clothes?  Fancy swords?  That is what the ship was bought with, and we have plenty of those.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'If you have no plans for it, that is all I was asking!'

Kedi says in common, in a loud voice, 'Alright...we'll go back to the statue-returnin' business for now.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'That's 'bout all we can do here?'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'It is always so nice seeing you! Maybe next time I will see you light up with joy when we hand over the lynx.'

Kedi leaves south.
Alarac leaves south.

========

The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck.


[Exits: east south west up]
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
A thin, black-haired human man is here, with hands behind his back, looking up the mast.


Kedi has arrived from the south.
Alarac has arrived from the south.

Kedi looks at a thin, black-haired human man.

Alarac looks at a thin, black-haired human man.

Alarac thinks in common 'Well that is a suspicious casket.'

A thin, black-haired human man says in common, looking around, 'What?'

A thin, black-haired human man peers intently up.

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Hey, uh, where's the captain at?'

The boat creaks loudly.

Kedi peers intently up.

Alarac peers intently up.

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

A thin, black-haired human man says to Kedi in common, gruffly, 'She ain't here.  She don't like all that powder around.'

Alarac thinks in common 'Orvlin!'

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'What powder?'

A thin, black-haired human man looks down at the newly scrubbed deck and wrinkled his nose.

A thin, black-haired human man says in common, jerking his thumb to point upward, 'He cleaned it up around here.  It's still on the other parts of the boat.'

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'S'it purple powder?'

A thin, black-haired human man says to Kedi in common, gruffly, 'Silver stuff.  He said she didn't like how it made her feel.  It don't make me feel nothin' though.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'I think I know that silver stuff.'

A thin, black-haired human man says in common, craning his head up, 'I've been waitin' to talk with him, but he's real busy scrubbin'.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'Oh! You have came in contact with it before? Did you make you feel funny too?'

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Know how all the powder got all over?'

A thin, black-haired human man says to Kedi in common, gruffly, 'Nope.  It was here when I got here.'

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'That how you guys got the ship from the demon capitan that sold it?'

A thin, black-haired human man tilts his head slightly to the side.

Alarac thinks in common 'Is the powder dangerous? Maybe the demon is killing them with it.'

A thin, black-haired human man says to Kedi in common, gruffly, 'I ain't part of the crew here.  Just got a deal for the canidae here.'

A thin, black-haired human man grins unctuously, offering a hand.

A thin, black-haired human man says to Kedi in common, gruffly, 'I'm Ricard.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Ah. Ricard.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Told you that all Ricardos is humans.'

Alarac says to a thin, black-haired human man in common 'Hello! I am Alarac. We are fans of some of your work, you know?'

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Yah. We've, uh, helped you guys b'fore with stuff.'

A thin, black-haired human man hmphs and drops his extended hand before craning his head back again.

A thin, black-haired human man says to Alarac in common, gruffly, 'I'm here to have a proper talk with the gentleman, but he keeps singin' or somethin' and won't come down.'

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'We were gonna try an get the statue back to you guys, but it looks like you're prolly gonna kill the mutt b'fore we do.'

Alarac says to a thin, black-haired human man in common 'Hello! I am Alarac. We are fans of some of your work, you know? I wonder what your offer to him will be.'

Alarac jerks a thumb skyward.

A thin, black-haired human man says in common, laughing, 'Oh, come on, lads, we ain't gonna go stabbin' when there's a PEACeABLE solution.'

Alarac gives a thin, black-haired human man a dubious look.

A thin, black-haired human man says in common, gruffly, 'Sometimes it just takes a bit of convincin'.  Offers 'n consequences, that's what it takes.'

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Oh. I figured that you guys prolly put all the silver powder stuff all over so that the sea witch wouldn't be able to use magic an throw y'all overboard.'

Alarac says to a thin, black-haired human man in common 'We tried articulating your offers and consequences and it didn't work very well. Maybe you are more persuasive!'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a horrible attempt at whispering, 'The Cootery had the silver stuff that sucked up people's magic. That's prolly the same stuff.'

A thin, black-haired human man says to Kedi in common, gruffly, 'Nope, it was here when I got here.  Looks a bit like the enbriun we used to traffic.  If I ain't wrong, this's one of the boats we had gettin' it out from Cranezmore, but we ain't been in that trade for years.'

Kedi peers intently up.

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'Even if it sucked up my magic, you could cleave things up before they kill us anyway.'

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Could prolly throw somethin' up there to knock 'im down. Then we could talk.'

A thin, black-haired human man yells in common, gruffly, 'Hey, you done yet?'

From above, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'No!  There's lots of dust up here!'

Alarac shouts in common 'Hello again!'

Alarac peers intently up.

Kedi says in common, as he looks through a rucksack, 'I used to have rocks for throwin' in here.'

A thin, black-haired human man says in common, leaning his weight on one foot, then the other, 'I could tell him how to get rid of all the dust immediately, but then I can't guarantee he ain't gonna run off.'

Alarac says to a thin, black-haired human man in common 'We told Szaloch we would try to help your cause, and that is still true even if you beat us here!'

Kedi gets a black-roped fishing net from a knapsack of darkly tanned human skin.

Alarac says to a thin, black-haired human man in common 'The dust is keeping the boat from penetrating the mist?'

Kedi hefts the fishing net in one hand while looking up the mast towards the canidae.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'It prolly don't let the statue magic work.'

A thin, black-haired human man says to Alarac in common, gruffly, 'People used to buy the enbriun for its anti-magical uses.  It'd suck the magic out of people and make 'em feel good or somethin'.'

A thin, black-haired human man says in common, gruffly, 'Now, I ain't admitting anythin', but even real powerful stuff like demon claws could be suppressed if it was properly processed.'

A thin, black-haired human man peers intently west.

A thin, black-haired human man peers intently east.

A thin, black-haired human man says in common, gruffly, 'This stuff though is pretty primitive, just slightly above raw material.'

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Leftover stuff from when it was al smuggled outta Crannymore?'

Alarac says to a thin, black-haired human man in common 'Well, that is interesting! I am sure you have plenty enbrium left packed away.'

Alarac thinks in common 'So if we had a box full of it, we could pack artifacts in there and store them safely?'

A thin, black-haired human man says to Alarac in common, gruffly, 'I ain't dealt with it in years.  At least since we got our land for Darkwater.'

Kedi says in common, eyeing the mast, ''Bout how far up, ya think he is? I could prolly hit 'em with this net an maybe knock 'im down.'

A thin, black-haired human man peers intently up.

A thin, black-haired human man says to Kedi in common, gruffly, 'Almost near the top.  Probably can't even hear us chattin' here.'

Kedi says in common, in a loud voice, 'Yeah. I guess that does look farther than I can throw.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Well, I think I'm gonna go up an get that mutt down here.'

A thin, black-haired human man says to Kedi in common, gruffly, 'Try not to hurt him that much... won't really buy into "We just want to talk" if you do.'

With a surge of magic from a protective sash of gold-trimmed ivory scales, Kedi begins to fly.

The boat creaks loudly.

Kedi leaves up.

============

The Black Sails [Room 11378]
The single mast of this ship is a dark, oily shaft, stretching almost twenty
feet into the air.  A simple array of rigging and yards supports the broad,
black sail.  This huge square of canvas is worn and old, and several holes are
visible across its span.  Still, it seems to catch more than enough wind and
pulls tight againt the lines.  The deck of the Nomicon lies down below,
shadowed by the tattered sail.


[Exits: down]
     A layer of silvery powder coats everything here.
Kedi is here.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, hanging from the rigging, scrubbing the silver powder.

Kedi looks at a short, fox-like male canidae.

A short, fox-like male canidae tries to swing out of the way of Kedi, his mouth opening in surprise.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Hey!  I'm working here!  This is my boat now!  Please don't cause trouble!'

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'The Cootery is gonna kill all you guys pretty soon if you don't give it to 'em. Alarac wants to get the statue from you guys so you can keep livin' an splore other places.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I have a better idea!   We clean up the boat and leave and nobody gets cut up at all!'

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'That human down on the deck is one of 'em. They're already here.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, with a sigh, 'Plus, we gotta get back home.  Those pirates'll jump at the opportunity to pillage our island if we're gone much longer.'

A short, fox-like male canidae peers intently down.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I'm not going to give up the statue, you know!  Even if I wanted to believe you while the man's standing there not doing anything!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'There wouldn't even be a point to going home without the statue!'

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'They ain't gonna let the ship sail though. We tried to work out a deal where y'all went back an we brought back the statue, but they'll sink this b'fore the ropes is tossed off the pier.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Then we'll run!  We'll find a new boat!  /We can't give up the statue and go home emptyhanded./'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I didn't even like dealing with the dagahasi, but we needed one and they were the only ones who would sell at short notice!'

Clouds begin rolling in all around.

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'Ya, that old demon captain had this planned the whole time. Take y'alls treasure for the boat, tell the Cootery where the statue was gonna be, get y'all killed, an get the boat back.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'That's why we've got to clean up and go now!  Our people are counting on us!  And everyone here seems to want to murder us!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Look, felis, you won't ever have to even see me again!'

A short, fox-like male canidae flicks his ears and grins a very foxy grin as he swings to another part of the rigging, shaking off the powder.

From below, a thin, black-haired human man yells in common, gruffly, 'Hey, watch it!'

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'I was one of 'em. Killin' mutt pirates sounds like it'd make a great story. But, friend Alarac wants y'all to not get killed, so I'm helpin' out.'

Clouds begin rolling in all around.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We're not pirates!  They're horrible to our people!  We have to go back and see that our people are okay!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'That's why we can't give up the boat /or/ the statue!  If we didn't have the statue, it'd be like before!  Where the pirates stole from us and killed our women and children!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Exploring is just a bonus!  Being able to bring home nice things we've found!  But they're all depending on us!'

The clouds around dissipate, allowing an open view in all directions.

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'Y'alls people need to move somewhere else or start killin' pirates back. There really ain't no way that the Cootery is gonna let you leave though.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We do kill the pirates!  But the entire bay is full of them!'

Clouds begin rolling in all around.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'They're not stopping us now, so we're leaving if we can, even if that man comes with us!  He can't get out by himself!'

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'They gotta buncha people ready to board an prolly put a hole on the waterline. This'll take in water b'fore it could go anywhere.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Why don't you help us, felis?  We've got humans with us too!  They've got human families to worry about!  We can bring you along and let you see some of the places in the bay!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Telling us they're going to board us isn't going to make us give /you/ or any /Alarac/ the treasure!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to himself in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We've come too far to give up like this!  It would be giving up on all our people!'

A short, fox-like male canidae swings forward, blowing off a thick layer of silver powder from a beam.  The dust falls onto the black sail and slides off with the wind.

From below, a thin, black-haired human man yells in common, gruffly, 'Hurry it up!  I just want to talk!'

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'Welp, I tried. Have fun bein' a rug on some daga's floor.'

The clouds around dissipate, allowing an open view in all directions.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'It's okay if you don't want to help!  We're not giving up!  Bye!'

A short, fox-like male canidae shakes off the sail, dislodging the last of the silver powder before he slides down the rope, swinging deftly as he makes his way down.

A short, fox-like male canidae leaves down.

==========

The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck.


[Exits: east south west up]
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here.
A thin, black-haired human man is here, with hands behind his back, looking up the mast.

Kedi has arrived from above.

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Yah, they ain't gonna give up the statue.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Hey!  Let me talk!'

A thin, black-haired human man says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, gruffly, 'Look, we've been after this thing for a while, okay?  We bought it for LOADS AND LOADS of gold, and a bunch of thieves stole it.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I'm sorry!  We didn't steal it though!  And we need to hurry home!  If you can find us something to get us through it /just as fast/, we'll think about it!'

A thin, black-haired human man says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, gruffly, 'I work for a bunch of unpleasant people who ain't gonna hesitate to do unpleasant things to get it back.  You sure you want me to go back with that as your reply?'

A short, fox-like male canidae looks at Kedi.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'You wanna help us, felis?  Or no?'

A thin, black-haired human man crosses his arms and looks rather cross.

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'If y'all could figure out how to use the stones in Lesvideo, you could prolly get back. They prolly take you places in the mist. But...none of us know how they work.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'The stones don't take you in!  They let you out!  Are you going to help me or not?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I told you, we don't care about going home!  We /need/ the statue to go home /and/ protect our people!'

A thin, black-haired human man says in common, gruffly, 'Well?  I'm waiting.'

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'The Cootery is gonna get the statue. Already told ya that. Alarac was just tryin' to keep y'all livin''

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'You're not with us then?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'You help us, we live, and we take /you/ and your /Alarac/ to the islands in the bay!'

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'I ain't sidin' with no mangy, fleabag seamutt.'

A thin, black-haired human man says to Kedi in common, smirking, 'Good.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'You side with him then!'

Kedi says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a loud voice, 'Y'all ain't leavin' so just give up the statue.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Get off my boat!'

Kedi says to a thin, black-haired human man in common, in a loud voice, 'It's prolly on here somewhere.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Kedi in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Get off!'

In a single motion, a short, fox-like male canidae smashes a glass bottle containing a small storm at Kedi's feet!  A furious storm is unleashed!

The End of the Pier [Room 11373]
The wooden dock ends here, a small wooden platform stretched out into the cold
water.  Two heavy pilings loom on either side of the sturdy raft, each worn
smooth from yars and years of ropes being coiled around them.  The planks
along the northern edge of this pier are withered and gray, as if they had
been exposed to far worse than salt water and sun.  An odd, musty scent hangs
in the air apparent even amidst the ocean breezes.  To the south, the dock
extends back to the main mass of the Central Pier.


[Exits: north south]
     (Glowing) A large sign hangs from a one of the pier's wooden support posts.

Kedi arrives from a puff of smoke.

Pecho to Kedi>You are blown off of the boat, flat onto your back.  The hatch is pulled shut.

Kedi yells in common, in a loud voice, 'STUPID MUTT!'

Between the gusts of wind, there is the sounds of a scuffle and yelling on the Nomicon.

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I gave you a chance, felis!  Don't come back, you or your slime!'

Kedi yells in common, in a loud voice, 'We were tryin' to help y'all b'fore!'

The silhouettes on the Nomicon clash against each other, scimitar to dagger.

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'If you wanted to help, you wouldn't have sided with this man!  You wouldn't have conspired to take what was ours!'

Kedi yells in common, in a loud voice, 'Y'all're a buncha filthy pirates! Sea scum scallywags!'

As the wind finally dies out, the canidae figure stabs his blade at his opponent.  There is a clink of knife on the deck, and the other figure slumps out of view.

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Go bugger yourself!  You and your Coterie!'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Coterie lapdog!'

Kedi yells in common, in a loud voice, 'Killin' a Ricard is prolly the stupidest thing ever. Now even more Ricardos'll come an I'm gonna be there with 'em to kill me a buncha mangy pirates.'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'You said they're going to come anyways!  This changes nothing!'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I'm done with you!  You aren't siding with me or Cisse or Karzt!  Go lie at your Coterie's feet!'

Kedi leaves south.

================


The Northern End of the Stained Glass Atrium [Room 4520]
Paper lanterns painted with an open eye motif hang strung across the high
vaulted ceiling of the atrium.  They cast reddish light and slit-pupiled
shadows onto the smooth, shining black floor below.  Tall arches of gray stone
form the walls to the east and west where parallel series of stained glass
windows glare at each other across the room.  Hazy clouds of sandalwood
scented smoke rise from burning sticks of incense tucked in niches along the
walls and hang, oily and thick, in the air.  The atrium stretches to the south
while an arched doorway to the north leads to the basilica's inner chambers.


[Exits: north south]
     A ring of white-cushioned prayer mats rests on the glassy floor.
(Red Aura) A muscular dagahasi male with cropped hair pushes a cart of bricks here.
Kedi is here.
(Red Aura) Szaloch chants prayers in a low, droning rasp.

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'So, the mangy mutt captain used some magic an threw me off the ship...then killed Ricard.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'It is no matter.  I have felt his spirit for some time now.  Ricard is Ricard because he agrees to die if needed for the Coterie.'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Our plans do not change.'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'You guys gonna send some more people to board an fight those pirates?'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'It is not your concern.'

Kedi's half-mask shudders with pale light, shifting into a stylized moon.

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'I was hopin' to go with y'all when it happened.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'They do not have the item on their ship.  It is a waste to fight where there is nothing to be gained.'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'It's gonna make its way to the ship to some point though. Be easier to get if there wasn't nobody onboard. Then whoever's left wouldn't be able to sail off with no crew.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'If we go and start a fight, it will not make its way to the ship.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We have observed that the human woman uses the canidae as the target of her gates.'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'No, we will extract it from them another way.  It is noted that they have declined peaceful negotiations.'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'Well...alright. If y'all do go for a ship battle an want more people, just leave a message at Manhunters' an I'll get it.'

Szaloch says to Kedi in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We have noted that you and the slave creature did not take their side.'

Kedi says to Szaloch in common, in a loud voice, 'I think we're all really curious 'bout what they do when they're all t'gether now.'

Kedi leaves south.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #24 on: June 03, 2014, 09:55:40 PM »
  • A few days ago, Imbria went to talk to Orvlin.  Orvlin was initially suspicious because he suspected Imbria of being someone there to stop them and take the artifact.  He says without being prompted that he's not giving up the Lynx.
  • Imbria says she's not there to steal and she isn't serving the Coterie, just to check on them and offer an apology.
  • Orvlin says Cisse uses her magic to direct the statue's wind so they're not going everywhere.  He also says it's due to her skill that they can sail well.
  • Orvlin invites Imbria to help clean up the boat.  They're out of treasure, but they can drop her at one of the islands in the Bay and she can get her own treasure.  She can get out if she finds stones like the ones on the beach.
  • Orvlin says Karzt is off with Cisse, making sure their supplies and the Lynx are safe.
  • Orvlin is afraid to take on more sailors because he's not sure who he can trust.
  • Alarac interrupts.  Much of the same is said.
  • Orvlin shows them the powder.  The waves splash over the boat and the powder is shown to fizzle when the seawater touches it.
  • Imbria leaves to get barrels.  It starts to rain.  Orvlin emphasizes that rain doesn't wash the powder off; this is shown with echoes that depict the powder as dry even with rain running into it.
  • Imbria, Alarac, and Orvlin use the barrels to wash the powder off with seawater.  * Enbriun is shown to be inactivated by seawater.
  • Orvlin says they should be ready to go and gets ready to call Cisse/Karzt.  On the way off the boat, they find a note from the Coterie saying that Cisse has been captured and they want the Lynx back.
  • Orvlin says to Imbria and Alarac that they should see if they can get to Cisse and see what she wants to do.  He runs off to find Karzt and be sure he's okay.
=====

The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck.


[Exits: east west up]
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here.

/* At this time, the south exit is the hatch and it's closed. */

From the south, Imbria yells in common, aiming her voice mostly at the barge, 'Hello! Is anyone there? I come in peace!'

A short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Nobody's here!  Go way!'

From the south, Imbria yells in common 'Next time, to make it sound real, you should just respond with silence! Hi! I come in peace!'

A short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We don't have anything for sale!  We don't want to buy anything!  Go bugger yourself if you're a Coterie lapdog!'

From the south, Imbria yells in common 'I'm not anyone's lapdog! And I'm not selling or buying anything- maybe services but almost never /things/. I still come in peace!'

A short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What do you want?'

From the south, Imbria yells in common 'To talk to you without yelling, for one! To see how you are for another- maybe offer an apology even!'

A short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'How do I know you weren't sent to kill us all and sink our boat?'

From the south, Imbria yells in common 'What would you want me to do to convince you that I'm not? I'm not! I would never give advance warning if I were about to destroy a good canidae's livelihood!'

A short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Leave your weapons on the pier!'

From the south, Imbria yells in common 'I won't have them out but that's the best I can do! Wait- I overheard that you have that horrible silver powder on your boat right now, right?'

A short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Oh yes, we have lots of that!  So don't try anything if you're a mage!'

From the south, Imbria yells in common 'Well I'm a mage! That's how you know I come in peace, I won't be able to do /anything/ magical when I'm aboard, that's /worse/ than me not having staffs!'

A short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What if you have explosives?  Or an army of men who'll come and sink our ship while you're distracting me?'

From the south, Imbria yells in common, sounding a bit miffed, 'I don't! No self-respecting mage would carry around explosives, that's /unseemly/! I'm one of the best enchanters around and I'm /willing/ to get on your ship.'

A short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Fine!  I'll open the hatch!  Don't make any suspicious moves!'

With a click and a creak, the hatch swings open.

Imbria has arrived from the south.

Imbria looks at a short, fox-like male canidae.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, hefting his scimitar, 'Now what do you want?'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she waves very slowly, holding both hands up to show they're empty, 'Hello! Er- you look.. better?'

A short, fox-like male canidae motions Imbria out of the way so he can close the hatch.

Imbria sidles off to the side, eyes darting around the ship.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, after a short pause, 'Where's the horrid silver powder?'

A short, fox-like male canidae edges toward the hatch, keeping his scimitar pointed toward Imbria.  He leans his weight into the hatch and forces it shut.

l
The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck.

[Exits: east south west up]
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, with scimitar in hand in a defensive pose.


A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I cleaned up most of it!'

The boat rolls gently with the waves.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'You were with the johgo named Alarac!  I'm not giving the statue to him!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, letting out a relieved sigh, 'Oh thank the gods, I absolutely /hate/ that stuff. Sure, in refined form it's useful but man the powdered-'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Even if you come and threaten us again!  It's a "no!"'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, blinking, 'Okay. I didn't come here to tell you to give it to him- er. Alarac came here to threaten you?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'A felis came here with a man named Ricard!  He told us they were going to kill us all and we needed to hand the statue to Alarac to survive!'

Imbria says to herself in common, with a deep sigh, '..Oh, /gods/.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she rubs the back of her neck, 'Right- well. Let's just say I'm not here because they sent me nor am I taking orders from that felis, Alarac or uh, that Ricard.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, jabbing the scimitar in Imbria's direction, 'And you're not here to rob us, kill us, sink our boat, or whatever else they're going to do?'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, shaking her head from side to side, 'I don't rob- that's gross, I'm not a /thief/. And I told you, if I was going to do such dastardly things, the last thing I'd do is let you know in advance.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, cocking his head to the side, easing up a little, 'Well, then what do you want?'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, mirroring the tilt of the canidae's head, 'Like I said- wanted to see how you were. And offer you an apology, definitely.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We can't do anything with apologies!  Our best bet is to clean up quickly and get out of here before more people want to murder us!  And--- people are counting on us too!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, rather awkwardly, 'I know I said I was going to go find you a sturdy ship and stuff, a few months back and then well- I really don't know all that much about ships, okay?'

A wave CRASHES over the bow.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'And then I got caught up in a family emergency and well-'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, thoughtfully, 'Why can't you clean while sailing out of here?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'But I got the boat!  It's okay!  Lots of people tried to give us paper boats!'

A short, fox-like male canidae looks up thoughtfully, the tip of his scimitar wavering as he is distracted.

The boat creaks loudly.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, bobbing her head, 'I'd probably have been one of those people- I just.. float over short distances of water and like- take a ship that someone else captains otherwise.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, carefully, 'Well, Cisse doesn't like to even be near it... and part of the way she gets the statue's winds pointing in the right way instead of everywhere is with her magic.  Combined with her sailing skill, that's how we get the boat moving.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We tried bringing the statue here, but she couldn't muster up her magic and all that happened was we had wind everywhere!'

The boat rolls gently with the waves.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, even more thoughtfully, 'So what would be like- what would be a good apology? I agree, words don't help all so much, even though it does help me feel better.'

A short, fox-like male canidae gingerly steps away from the wet part of the deck.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We just need to get going!  There's only a little more of the powder left!  I thought I did a good job before, but then she came here and said she could still feel it!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We don't have any treasure left, but we can bring you along with us if you want!  Into the bay!  We can drop you off at an island to get your own treasure!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, with a small shudder, 'Yeah- yeah, I can see what she means. That's all you need to get going though? No like- supplies needed or uh..'

The boat rolls gently with the waves.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, waving now with his free hand and the scimitar, 'And you can get out!  The rocks on the beach are connected if you find the other side!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, blinking, 'Really? What do I have to do for /that/ trip-'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, perking up, 'Really really? Wait, seriously what do I have to do to get you to bring me to a fun new island for my very own adventure?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Help us get out of here!  I offered the same thing to the felis, but he was working with the Coterie man Ricard the whole time!  You can fight them or help me clean!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, with a small wince, 'Fight.. Ricard.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I fought him and won!  It was him and the felis against me, and I used that storm I had to knock the felis off so it was one-on-one!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, curiously, 'I thought it would at least be like- two versus two? You and that.. dirty human friend of yours? Against them.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, cocking his head to the side, 'Karzt?  No, he's off somewhere with Cisse, making sure our supplies and the statue are safe.'

Imbria says in common, snapping her fingers, 'Yes! Him- that's his name.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, after a short pause, 'Is it just the three of you as crew?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'It is!  Few men can sail like Cisse does, and combined with her magic and the statue, we sail like the wind!  Like a real wind!'

A short, fox-like male canidae sheaths a gleaming scimitar of damascened irium into a leather scabbard stitched with silver threads.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, sighing, 'I'd like to take on more men, but now I don't know who I can trust!'

Imbria utters the words, 'levitate'.
Imbria rises and floats above the ground.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, laughing, 'Well- don't trust any felis, okay? And actually, you can trust one dagahasi I know, even though I know you'd probably say no..'

A short, fox-like male canidae thinks to Imbria in common 'I'm still watching you.  You might be a spy they sent!  I know you're friends with that Alarac and they're after the statue!'

Imbria says in common, tapping a finger to her lips, '..Well, somewhat trust him. Trust him enough to point him at your enemies.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I could have told you that about the felis!  But these are dire times!  I didn't even want to deal with the dagahasi, but we REALLY needed a boat!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I was hoping the felis would at least have enough of a heart to want to help our non-canidae friends and our families back home!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, solemnly, 'There's another dagahasi you can kind of trust if you-'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, dryly, 'No, felises are really all about wanting to smash canidae heads. To the detriment of everything else, sadly.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, bobbing her head, 'I'm willing to ah- clean. And er- fight. Maybe fight.'

The sails whistle in the wind.

A wave CRASHES over the bow.

Alarac has arrived through a shimmering gate.
A giant, slimy cockroach has arrived through a shimmering gate.

The boat creaks loudly.

A short, fox-like male canidae yelps and jumps back, reaching for his scimitar again.

A short, fox-like male canidae draws a gleaming scimitar of damascened irium from a leather scabbard stitched with silver threads.
A short, fox-like male canidae wields a gleaming scimitar of damascened irium.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I'm not giving you the statue!'

Alarac lifts his hands, beaming at a short, fox-like male canidae.

Imbria thinks in common 'Oh /great/.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I don't care if you're here to threaten us again!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'That is alright! Don't blow me up! I want to talk.'

Alarac pauses, then glances over at Imbria.

Imbria peers intently at Alarac and tries to inconspicuously distance herself from him.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'You are threatening him?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'That Coterie felis told me they were going to kill us all and sink our boat!  And if we gave you the statue, we'd live!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she pouts, '/I'm/ being nice! /Kedi/ was threatening him, apparently. He really shouldn't be left to talk to canidae.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Oh! Oh dear. Wouldn't you live either way? You have a big magical artifact!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I told the felis we just needed to clean the white powder off the boat and leave!  I even invited him to help, but he was with Ricard the whole time!'

The boat rolls gently with the waves.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I shouldn't have expected anything from a felis!  But this is important--we've been gone from home way too long.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, motioning to Alarac with his scimitar, 'Is he with you?'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding, 'You have- you really can drop me off on a fun island adventure-'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, looking consideringly at the johgo, 'Well. Generally he is but it really depends? We're both of the Nexus but individual members can do different things.'

Imbria thinks in common 'Like Kedi.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Say, Orvlin! You didn't happen to speak to that man before you skewered him, did you? The human one loitering around before Kedi was so rude.'

The sails whistle in the wind.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Well, the felis went up and told me the Coterie was going to kill us all, and that they were already there!  I went down to talk then.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Ricard said all this stuff about how they bought it and how I wouldn't want his unpleasant masters to know I wasn't giving it back, see?  But that statue is important to us for exploring and for protecting our island!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'And if they don't have the statue, they won't be able to take /anyone/ to any island adventure!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I asked the felis if he was going to help, and he said no because I'm a canidae, and told me to give it up because we weren't leaving anyways!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'With me against both him and Ricard, I used that storm I had to knock him off so it was one-on-one between me and Ricard.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Oh! Do you think they would? Were you told that already?'

The sails whistle in the wind.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, blinking, 'Do you think they wouldn't? They have the skills and the space.'

Imbria thinks in common 'And the canidae doesn't seem to be able to lie worth anything. Nobody's here, for shame.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Are you with her or with the felis?'

Alarac thinks in common 'I want the Coterie to have it. I think. Because how else will we know what they do with these things?'

The boat rolls gently with the waves.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, with a shrug, 'They will! He says he can take me to an island and drop me off. And so long as I find stones like the one near the marshes in Haphen, I can get back here!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We have to get back home and be sure our people are safe first, but we can drop you off along the way to find your own treasure1.'

Alarac thinks in common 'What an agonizing decision. Will the Coterie be able to get their plan finalized without this lynx? Will they be able to recover it later?'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Portal magic works from the island to here? But not the other way? That is peculiar!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, brightly, 'That's fine- I'm sure your uh, your people are fun to trade- to talk too!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I've heard of stone formations!  Around the bay!  And sometimes people go near them and end up outside!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'It's a magic thing!  Cisse probably knows better!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I would love to see one of those islands!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, sounding somewhat determined, 'So- that cleaning. What do I need to do?'

The boat rolls gently with the waves.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Our island has never been wealthy!  Too many pirates preyed on us!  But then when we fell out of the bay and found the statue, everything changed!'

Alarac thinks in common 'But what if the Coterie knows we helped? They won't let us see anything.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'For once, we were able to acquire goods from around the bay!  We could chase off pirates who couldn't catch us!  That's why we can give up neither the boat nor the statue!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Look!  Over here!'

A short, fox-like male canidae leaves west.

Alarac looks at Imbria.

Imbria says in common, humming, 'That's fine- I'm sure you have new things that I don't see-'

Imbria peers intently west.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, solemnly, 'I want to go on an island adventure. Don't ruin it okay?'

Imbria leaves west.
The Stern of the Nomicon [Room 11377]
A series of poles and wooden arches have been set up at this end of the ship.
This framework has been covered with black silks, hides, and panels to envelop
the Nomicon's tiller.  With the additional shadows from the towering sails,
this space is eerily absent of light.  The scents of dust and decay cling to
everything here, saturating the air.  Everything seems relatively brighter and
cleaner towards the front of the vessel.

[Exits: east]
     A layer of silvery powder coats everything here.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here.


Imbria acks and flails backward, almost falling out of the air before she rights herself. She floats a bit higher up.

Alarac has arrived from the east.

Pecho to Imbria>A slight chill sinks into your bones.
Pecho to Alarac>A slight chill sinks into your bones.

The levitating magic around Alarac and Imbria fizzles and pops, but does not fade entirely.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I tried to push it all over here!  But it wasn't good enough.'

Imbria lowers a polished mask of bone-white maledrite over her head, covering her face.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We've got to get rid of it so Cisse can use her magic to direct the statue's wind!  Otherwise all we'll have is a storm here!'

A wave CRASHES over the bow.

Alarac thinks in common 'An island adventure. Maybe I can see it and the Coterie won't bar me from seeing the other things too.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'All you have to do is help us get this boat going!  You don't ever have to come back if you're afraid of the people after us!'

A wave CRASHES over the bow.

Imbria pulls her robe up more securely over her face, tying a knot behind her neck.

Alarac thinks to Imbria in common '"Don't ruin it." Do you know what else is being offered? I suppose you don't mind if the island is very wealthy.'

The salt water splashes onto the powder, which dissolves in the liquid with a faint glow.

Imbria says to herself in common, her voice somewhat muffled, 'And magic won't work, right? It's all..'
Imbria stares at the salt water.

The boat creaks loudly.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, scratching the back of his head, 'I'm not sure!  I can't even tell what it's supposed to be doing--Cisse's the mage here, and she won't go near it!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, her voice somewhat muffled, 'It sucks away the magic. It- it's /horrible/.'

A wave CRASHES over the bow.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'The dagahasi captain said they'd spilled some stuff here and it was safe!  I couldn't tell before I bought the boat.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, wryly, 'Yeah, that's how they're not trustworthy Orvlin. It's not all that safe for Cisse.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Do you know where that captain is now? Long gone with a lot of gold by now, I suppose!'

Imbria says in common, after a short pause, 'Do you have like- a barrel or something? A mop? ..A broom?'

More of the powder at the edges of the pile washes away.  Again, a faint glow in the retreating wave.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I don't know!  I gave him a lot of the goods we had on board for the boat!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I did!  But I had to throw them at people who were yelling at us from the pier!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she edges east, 'I might have to go back east to gate out and get some supplies then. Like a barrel. And a mop. Can you er- wait a little bit here?'
A short, fox-like male canidae looks at Alarac.

Alarac considers the pile of silvery powder for a moment, before lifting a hand at it. He murmurs an incantation, and a weak breeze kicks up a wisp of the pile.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, shoudlers  slumping, 'Maybe I should come help carry barrels!'

The powder is airborne briefly as the magical breeze fizzles out.

Alarac joins Imbria's group.

Imbria leaves east.
Alarac leaves east.
The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck.

[Exits: east south west up]
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Translucent) (a medium sized woman wearing a polished mask of bone-white maledrite) Imbria is here, floating in the air.


A short, fox-like male canidae has arrived from the west.

A short, fox-like male canidae sheaths a gleaming scimitar of damascened irium into a leather scabbard stitched with silver threads.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, her voice somewhat muffled, 'You stay here though! I don't think I can make a portal to-'

Imbria nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Imbria utters the words, 'locate object'.

Imbria utters the words, 'locate object'.

Imbria utters the words, 'gate'.
Imbria begins to step through a gate.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, pointing eastward, 'There's a little more over there too!'

Alarac peers intently east.

The boat rolls gently with the waves.

The sun rises in the east.

Releasing all their moisture, the dark clouds begin to pour forth.

Alarac's half-mask shudders with golden light, shifting into a stylized sun.

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Oh! Say, if you really will bring us to an island, what sort of dangerous things should we prepare for!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, shaking off the rain, 'Yuck, yuck!  I wish the rain would wash it off, but it doesn't seem to do anything!'

The boat creaks loudly.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'There are hundreds of islands in the bay!  But it's very hard to navigate!  You often run into islands that you didn't know were there!  But there are big sea serpents!  Flying snakes!  Things that hide in sunken ships!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We could drop you off at a safe island if you want!  I know of a couple!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Well that all sounds terrifying! No wonder you don't want to get rid of the artifact.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'And there are pirates at sea!  There was a vicious felis pirate once that we could only chase off but never defeat!  He disappeared one day though!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'And you have no idea where he ended up?'

Alarac says in common 'That sounds like a ghost story.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'He didn't come back!'

The boat creaks loudly.

An iron-banded oak barrel slides in through a shimmering gate.

An iron-banded oak barrel slides in through a shimmering gate.

An iron-banded oak barrel slides in through a shimmering gate.

Imbria has arrived through a shimmering gate.

A short, fox-like male canidae swiftly steps back from the materializing barrels.

Imbria says in common, as she takes a deep breath, 'Okay! Back into the fray.'

Imbria lowers a polished mask of bone-white maledrite over her head, covering her face.

Imbria gets a broom of lashed reeds from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.
Imbria gets a broom of lashed reeds from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.

Imbria gives a broom of lashed reeds to Alarac.

Imbria wields a broom of lashed reeds.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Oh!  It is you!  It is raining now, and that won't do anything but make it harder!  The powder doesn't wash off with rain water!'

Imbria grabs onto an iron-banded oak barrel.

Imbria manages to push an iron-banded oak barrel west.

Imbria grabs onto an iron-banded oak barrel.

Imbria huffs and puffs, but can't push an iron-banded oak barrel west.

Imbria grabs onto an iron-banded oak barrel.

Imbria huffs and puffs, but can't push an iron-banded oak barrel west.

Imbria grabs onto an iron-banded oak barrel.

Imbria manages to push an iron-banded oak barrel west.

Imbria grabs onto an iron-banded oak barrel.

Imbria manages to push an iron-banded oak barrel west.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she does her best to push the barrels west, 'I have an idea about that! Couldn't find a mop but these brooms will probably be okay for moving water around.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Do you think those barrels will do, or do they need to be salty sea water?'

Imbria turns west.

A short, fox-like male canidae leaves west.

Imbria leaves west.
You follow Imbria.
The Stern of the Nomicon [Room 11377]
A series of poles and wooden arches have been set up at this end of the ship.
This framework has been covered with black silks, hides, and panels to envelop
the Nomicon's tiller.  With the additional shadows from the towering sails,
this space is eerily absent of light.  The scents of dust and decay cling to
everything here, saturating the air.  Everything seems relatively brighter and
cleaner towards the front of the vessel.

[Exits: east]
( 3) An oak barrel surrounded by iron bands sits upright here.
     A layer of silvery powder coats everything here.
(Translucent) (a medium sized woman wearing a polished mask of bone-white maledrite) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here.
Alarac has arrived from the east.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, her voice somewhat muffled, 'We're going to /fill it/ with salt water, of course!'

The rain bounces harmlessly off the pile of silver powder.  It looks quite dry.

Alarac moves to the front.

Imbria skirts a wide distance away from a pile of silvery powder as she tugs at an iron-banded oak barrel with both hands. She dunks it into the sea and hefts, getting it back onto the Nomicon brimming with salt water.

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, exclaiming, 'What?  How is that supposed to help?  We have water everywhere already!'

Imbria turns towards a pile of silvery powder and aims, splashing the pile with a somewhat accurate arc of salt water from the barrel.

As the salt water splashes on the white powder, there is a soft sizzle.  Unlike the rain water, the seawater seeps into the powder at the center of the pile.

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, murmuring while watching the powder with wide eyes, 'I think the saltiness from the sea dampens the magic draining it does.'

The powder at the sides of the pile is pushed away, and some of it goes airborne to float a short distance over the deck.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she tries to lean toward the pile without actually leaning forward, 'It's /different/. Salt water counteracts it, somehow..'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'I wish we could pack this up and bring it home!'

Alarac waves a hand at the airborne powder, backing away from the small cloud.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, her voice somewhat muffled, 'No- No thank you.'

The boat rolls gently with the waves.

The day has begun.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What!?  Why didn't I know this before I spent months scrubbing!?'

Imbria chases after the airborne powder with her broom, batting it away from the ship altogether.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, distractedly, 'What? I don't know, but that's why there are /three/ barrels here. You guys should get into it!'

A short, fox-like male canidae kicks a puddle of salt water at the powder.  It sizzles at contact and glows faintly before dissolving.

His belt giving a little pop in protest, Alarac hefts at one of the other barrels and dunks it into the sea.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'This is wonderfully exciting!  What a discovery!  We'll be off in no time!'

A short, fox-like male canidae gets an iron-banded oak barrel.

Alarac soon floats back over the edge of the boat and sloshes some of the water at the pile.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, as an aside, 'I think it would be very useful. What if we could sap magic and take it for ourselves somehow!'

As more and more of the powder is drenched in salt water, the magic around you feels less dulled.  Your flight is less hampered for sure.

Imbria huffs, going back to her barrel and filling it with more salt water without any use of magic. She sidesteps Alarac's splash as she pours more saltwater onto a pile of silvery powder.

A short, fox-like male canidae unties a rope from his belt and ties it around his barrel before tossing it over the side of the boat.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, irritably, 'No. I hate this stuff- there was this pendant and it was /horrible/. I don't care how many cool artifacts you can make out of the refined stuff, it's still horrible.'

A short, fox-like male canidae hefts the barrel up with the rope over his shoulders and sets the barrel down.  He splashes seawater selectively at patches of powder that have been missed.

Alarac gives his half-empty barrel another shake and destroys a patch of powder caking the deck. He beams triumphantly.

Imbria uses her broom to push the now inert powder off the ship. She lets out an almost vindicative cackle as she sees it hit the sea.

The deck is now almost entirely clean.  Much of the powder has dissolved in the salt water.

Alarac shoots Imbria a vaguely worried look and keeps splashing his own saltwater.

A pile of silvery powder crumbles into dust.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, exuberantly waving his hand, 'There's more on the other side!'

A short, fox-like male canidae drags his barrel along the deck.

A short, fox-like male canidae leaves east.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she refills the barrel yet again, 'What? I /hate/-'

Imbria grabs onto an iron-banded oak barrel.

Imbria manages to drag an iron-banded oak barrel east.

Imbria leaves east.
The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck.

[Exits: east south west up]
     An oak barrel surrounded by iron bands sits upright here.
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
(Translucent) (a medium sized woman wearing a polished mask of bone-white maledrite) Imbria is here, floating in the air.


Alarac has arrived from the west.

Imbria drags an iron-banded oak barrel with her.
Imbria peers intently east.

Imbria grabs onto an iron-banded oak barrel.
Imbria manages to drag an iron-banded oak barrel east.
Imbria leaves east.
Alarac leaves east.
The Bow of the Nomicon [Room 11375]
The front of this narrow boat is almost a speartip through the water, barely a
few feet across.  Mounted across the bow of the ship is a huge skeleton,
easily the size of a lodekryn, which seems to serve as a ghoulish figurehead.
Two curling horns sweep up on either side of the prow, attatched to a huge,
somewhat ursine skull with massive tusks.  Sweeping back along the length of
the hull, a series of fine bones outline a set of bat-like wings.  The main
body of the Nomicon stretches out towards the stern.

[Exits: west]
( 2) An oak barrel surrounded by iron bands sits upright here.
     A layer of silvery powder coats everything here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Translucent) (a medium sized woman wearing a polished mask of bone-white maledrite) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here.

Imbria drags an iron-banded oak barrel with her.

Imbria cringes.

A short, fox-like male canidae gleefully splashes salt water from the barrel onto the silver powder.  He hops around, almost dancing.

Alarac leaves west.

Alarac wields an iron-banded oak barrel and flits about, washing and scuffing at patches of silver with his heel.

The powder fizzes as before, dissolving with just a faint glow.

Imbria shudders then kicks the barrel over, letting the rest of the salt water spill out to cover a large patch of the bow.

A short, fox-like male canidae yelps and leaps out of the way of the spilling water.  It catches him in the leg nonetheless, and he laughs with a wide, toothy grin.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'This is wonderful!  We'll be gone soon!'

Alarac thinks in common 'That is too bad. Orvlin seems like a nice adventurer. I wonder if they'll ever come back.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, sounding not sorry at all, 'Ah- my bad. I just.. needed to clear a patch so I didn't want to jump into the sea myself.'

The sails whistle in the wind.

Imbria says in common, thoughtfully, '..Though, not a bad idea overall. Worth contemplating after this cleanup bit.'

A short, fox-like male canidae hops into the puddles of seawater over the deck, chasing after patches of silver powder.

Alarac watches a short, fox-like male canidae with a grin, retiring his own barrel for the moment.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, her voice somewhat muffled, 'I've blocked most of it out of my memory- just too horrible to let it fester inside my mind, you know?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, nodding sadly, 'Like when I was assaulted by Silerado's dangly parts.'

A short, fox-like male canidae spins around, with a wide, foxy grin.  He stomps on a last patch of silver dust with his wet boots.

Alarac artfully splashes a clump of the powder with the remnants of saltwater in his container, and then it's empty.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, letting out a relieved sigh, 'There! Much better, right? /I/ feel like it's a lot better.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, washing off the bottom of his boot in a puddle, 'You have one sparkling deck now, Orvlin!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Now I just have to contact Cisse and Karzt!  We should be ready to go soon!'

Oprog (205) echo>Imbria pulls back a polished mask of bone-white maledrite, revealing her face.

The Bow of the Nomicon [Room 11375]
The front of this narrow boat is almost a speartip through the water, barely a
few feet across.  Mounted across the bow of the ship is a huge skeleton,
easily the size of a lodekryn, which seems to serve as a ghoulish figurehead.
Two curling horns sweep up on either side of the prow, attatched to a huge,
somewhat ursine skull with massive tusks.  Sweeping back along the length of
the hull, a series of fine bones outline a set of bat-like wings.  The main
body of the Nomicon stretches out towards the stern.

[Exits: west]
( 2) An oak barrel surrounded by iron bands sits upright here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, gleefully splashing salt water from the barrel onto the silver powder.


A short, fox-like male canidae pats himself.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I guess I should go on shore!  To have the note sent!'

A short, fox-like male canidae leaves west.

Imbria leaves west.
The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck.

[Exits: east south west up]
     A sheet of black parchment is here with writing on it in silver.
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here.


ex par
A sheet of black parchment is here with writing on it in silver.
It is a medium item of unremarkable quality.
It is used for written material.
It has writing on both sides in common.

Areas of Interest:

 1. A Neatly Written Note


ex note
We have your friend Cisse.  Do not look for her.  She will be kept safe unless
our demands are not met. 
 
You will return the Lynx statue to us.  It is ours by right.  We will even be
generous enough to pay for it at a greatly reduced rate since you refused our
initial offers and murdered our man. 
 
Do not keep us waiting.  We do not think your friend Cisse is enjoying our
company. 
 
* There is the faint image of a peacock feather with a staring eye, visible as
a glossy pattern against the matte of the paper when it is tilted at an angle.
*


Alarac has arrived from the east.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, bobbing her head, 'You'll contact me and Alarac when you do, right? I want an island adventure! A /fun/ one with treasure!'

Imbria tilts her head slightly to the side.

A short, fox-like male canidae peers at a sheet of black parchment on the floor.  He gasps.

Imbria says in common, her voice somewhat muffled, '..Ah.'

A short, fox-like male canidae gets a sheet of black parchment.

A short, fox-like male canidae holds a sheet of black parchment close, reading it and reading it again.  He gasps again in an almost comical way as his fur bristles.

Alarac pulls his tricorn up and rakes at the hair shoved into a nest there.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she sighs, 'Well- does this mean no island adventure?'

Alarac thinks to himself in common 'I wonder if I offended the gods somehow.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We'll have to get her back!  I hope Karzt wasn't captured as well!'

Alarac thinks in common 'I can't possibly continue without the Coterie knowing I was here helping Orvlin.'

A short, fox-like male canidae shoves a sheet of black parchment at Imbria.

A short, fox-like male canidae silently gives a sheet of black parchment to Imbria.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, rather dejectedly, 'That's what I thought. Cisse is the one that sails, right?'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'How do you intend to get her back?'

A wave CRASHES over the bow.
A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We can sort of sail without her!  But that'd be depending on Karzt to steer!  And you remember the whale... still, she is one of us!  And I abandoned her once already!'

The boat creaks loudly.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, quickly, 'No- no thank you. I want to go on an island adventure, not an adventure where I just get lost a lot.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I think it might be a good idea to consider negotiation! I am unsure how you could get her back forcefully and keep both your ship and artifact.'

The sails whistle in the wind.

A bright white streak of lightning roars across the sky; the sea is in a state of unrest!

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We should find out what she wants!  We've been gone so long, and she may want us to leave her again!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'How would you find her? Doesn't the Coterie have- wait. Doesn't /Cisse/ have the statue?'

The boat rolls gently with the waves.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We won't get lost!  It's almost a straight line!  Err-- I don't think so!  Karzt was watching it.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'How could she hold it? Remember when we tried to hold the others?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'She could sail with it, she could hold it probably!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, slowly, 'Then.. how do you find her? Is she wearing like- any kind of distinctive gear?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, counting on his fingers, 'Hm... she had a really plain iron staff!  And she was wearing stuff out of sailcloth!'

Imbria utters the words, 'locate object'.

Imbria utters the words, 'locate object'.

Imbria says in common, as she murmurs spells under her breath, 'Mm- do either of you know where alchemy labs are in Darkwater- oh wait, maybe it's the Tower?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I need to be sure Karzt is safe too!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Wait- how will Cisse know that we're there to help her if you're not with us?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'There are alchemy labs in the tower, I think, yes! There is a visardi there usually.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'But if I go with you, then all of you will be implicated!  Are you planning to leave forever and not return?'

A short, fox-like male canidae digs in his pockets.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, with a shudder, 'No- /no/. You're right, I forgot- I can't be on my island adventure forever.'

A short, fox-like male canidae pulls out a golden doubloon imprinted with a crest.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'If you find here, show her this!'

A short, fox-like male canidae gives a golden doubloon imprinted with a crest to Imbria.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, bobbing her head, 'And you want her.. freed? You want her back here on the Nomicon?'

The sails whistle in the wind.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'If she wants us to go, we'll go!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I'm going to go find Karzt!  Maybe the Coterie will let you talk to her if you pretend you're on their side!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Then I'll just talk to her for now! See what she wants to do and then maybe tell you-'

Imbria beams a bright smile to a short, fox-like male canidae.

Imbria waves.

A short, fox-like male canidae shoves his weight into the hatch, forcing it open.

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Bye for now!'

A short, fox-like male canidae leaves south.

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'I'm going to go swim in the sea okay? For a /long, long/ time.'
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #25 on: June 04, 2014, 12:35:29 AM »

Re: A missive is distributed.
------------------------------------
THAT NONE MIGHT QUESTION THE LARGESSE OF THE COTERIE

HAVING BEEN blessed with a guest, fine of figure and flight of foot and good
and strong in all ways save one,

BUT HAVING BEEN vexed by our Esteemed Guest's single ailment, i.e. the
taciturn tongue of a titmouse w/r/t a matter amicable and amenable to our
combined interests,

WE THEREFORE must needs procure the cure for our Esteemed Guest's ailment,
with, should your coinpurse be wanting, your aid.

ERGO:
He or she who brings the following items to the Basilica and delivers them
unto the hands of the Coterie will be rewarded as handsomely as the tales say
we reward those who aid us.

One (1) peacock feather, dyed white.
One (1) liar's tongue, preferably plucked during the act of a lie.
Five (5) bars of soap, sandalwood preferred, castile or ginger in a pinch.

IN BRIEF:
Bring the above reagents to the Basilica and receive a reward.

Scribed on behalf of Szaloch of the Coterie.

* stamped with the image of a peacock feather with a staring eye *

------------------------------------


Re: * Notes written on torn book pages, posted in gathering places. *
------------------------------------
Seeking!  I am seeking!  It is very important!  Surely you have seen Mr.
Szaloch's Most Important Quest!  Where he is requesting all manner of Rare and
Elusive and Probably Very Expensive things, most of which are parts of people!
 
I am seeking a group of like-minded people who are planning to find all those
Very Expensive Things!  We should work together for great success! 
 
If you are interested, leave a message with Gerlaz of Manhunters' Bar for
Norvli.  He'll know where to send you! 
 
* written in smaller print at the bottom * And definitely NO artifact hunters.
We are not after wild goose chases and certainly none of us will ever touch
one of those rare, rare artifacts anyways! 

------------------------------------
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #26 on: June 09, 2014, 12:55:09 AM »
Some attempts were made to gather items.  I'm being particular with the bleached peacock feather and not allowing it to be created by 1) dipping it in frost giant blood or 2) dipping it in a white potion of recall or cure poison.  Looking for some actual bleaching action.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #27 on: June 09, 2014, 08:48:32 PM »
Claire talked to the barkeep, Harban in the Gutted Fish Tavern.  She learns:
  • Only Orvlin has been seen going on the Nomicon.  He's been getting many visitors and turns most of them away.  He often yells about Coterie felis.  You have to yell to get his attention.
  • Cisse went on the boat once, left, and hasn't been seen since.
  • Harban has noticed that Orvlin doesn't drink the alcohol he buys, but it disappears somewhere that isn't on the floor.
  • Orvlin has told Harban that he became a seaman out of necessity and he's not a bad guy.
She then went to talk to Orvlin, who was initially reluctant but let her on on the condition that she puts her weapons away.  He is agitated throughout the conversation, but tells her:
  • A recap that a Coterie felis (he doesn't know Kedi's name) and Ricard were threatening him on his boat and he had to kick the felis off and kill Ricard.
  • That there's 3 of them, and the Coterie got Cisse and they're going to do something horrible to her.
  • That he asked Alarac and Imbria to try and ask Cisse if she wants them to go without her, but they haven't gotten back.
  • Again, that they need the artifact to go into the mist because there's no easy way in.  Karzt has no family, Cisse has an elderly mother, and Orvlin has brothers/sisters.  The stones on the beach are a way out if you find one inside the bay, but not a way in.  They probably fell out the first time by running into some stones, but the statue lets them in and out no problem.
  • Orvlin and Karzt have a plan to get Cisse out, but they need people to recon, tell them where she is, and what security measures are around.  Then Karzt will start blasting her out.  Claire is initially against what may damage the city and innocents, but Orvlin says the Coterie deserve it and they've got a bunch of stinking dagahasi anyways.
  • Orvlin's tone is urgent because he's worried about Cisse and being away from their home island so long.
  • Orvlin suggests turning in one of the easy items to the Coterie for a chance to spy.  He says not to turn all of them in or the Coterie's plans will be complete.
  • He offers to Claire that he can drop her off at one of the islands to get her own treasure and insists the stones are not hard to use.
=======




The Gutted Fish Tavern [Room 30005]
The plank walls of this bar have been painted brown and lined with thin strips
of mahogany, an attempt to create a more sophisticated atmosphere for
travellers.  To the immediate right of the entrance stands a small stage,
where travelling entertainers can perform for drinks and food.  On the
opposite wall, behind the bar, are stacked barrels of rum, whiskey, and other
spirits.  To the west, a simple archway of stained wood leads into a lounge
area.  The floor creaks slightly as gentle waves rock this large, floating
establishment.


[Exits: east west]
     A long counter of polished wood divides this room in half.
     A round table, ringed with oak stools, sits in the center of the room.
(Golden Aura) Claire is sitting here, seated at one of the stools of the bar. Though she wears a thought filled expression, she stares quietly at a mug placed in front of her.
Harban, the barkeep, serves drinks from behind the bar.
A drunken sailor stares solemnly out the window, pining for the sea.


Claire says to Harban in common, looking up from the counter, her fingertips splayed out over its surface, 'Have you seen much of the crew of the Nomicon in here?'

Claire says to Harban in common, thoughtfully, 'Since they have claimed the Nomicon I have heard many rumors, but was curious with you close proximity, if you had seen anything.'

Claire tastes the contents of the mug before placing it back on the counter, slipping her hand from its surface to rest comfortably in her lap.

Harban says to Claire in common, raising an eyebrow, '"Crew?"  I've seen one person going onto that boat.  That's hardly a crew.'

Claire says to Harban in common, touches the tip of her tongue to her lips to wet them, speaking after a moment of reflection, 'You've only ever seen one person?'

Harban says to Claire in common, tipping his head to the west, 'Canidae fella what used to hang in here.  Nobody else.'

Harban says to Claire in common 'Course, there've been visitors, but none of 'em go onto that boat regularly.'

Claire says to Harban in common, following the gesture to the west with her eyes, 'Even when that canidae had stayed here I had seen him with anoter. I had thought that would be a common sight, the woman he had been with.'

Harban says to Claire in common, shaking his head, 'Naw, she might've gone on the boat once, but then she left.  Ain't seen her since.'

Claire says to Harban in common, taking another sip from the mug before tapping the counter with a single finger, 'Does he meet with those visitors here in your establishment? He had seemed a pretty friendly fellow when I had encountered him.'

Claire says to Harban in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Looking back over her shoulder toward the entrance to the tavern) Of course with the rumors I hear of late it would be hard to tell. The omicon itself currently appeared to be sealed from the inside.'

Claire says to Harban in common, looking back over her shoulder toward the entrance to the tavern, 'Of course with the rumors I hear of late it would be hard to tell. The omicon itself currently appeared to be sealed from the inside.'

Harban says to Claire in common, frowning, 'Hm..... well, something must've happened, because now all he does is wall himself up in that boat.  "Visitors" come and yell at him and he tells 'em to go away and take their Coterie felis with them.'

Claire says to Harban in common, nodding in agreement, 'The last few times I had visited I had only seen Orvlin, but he was working openly on the ship, and had allowed me to even look about.'

Claire says to Harban in common, shrugging, 'It has been sometime, before the rumors started that is. I went there before here and it was as you said. Sealed up with no obvious sign of life.'

Harban says to Claire in common, with a tilt of the head, 'That the canidae?  Well, he hardly talks to any of the visitors.  You gotta yell to be heard, but he turns most folks away.'

Claire says to Harban in common, nodding, taking another sip from her mug, 'I see, perhaps it would be worth the shot. See if he would take on a single visitor or if he would remain to himself.'

Harban says to Claire in common, looking her over, 'Well, you ain't canidae, so if you say you ain't Coterie and wanna help, he -might- let you in...'

Claire says to Harban in common, looking down at her mug, 'I had purchased a jug of mead for him when I first arrived, could you say if it is something he has enjoyed while passing through here? Or maybe there is something he would enjoy better?'

Harban rubs his chin thoughtfully.

Harban says to Claire in common, finally, 'Fella doesn't actually drink.  He's a good faker and the drink goes -somewhere-, but I didn't figure it out until the third day.'

Claire says to Harban in common, her eyebrows arched in surprise, 'A sailor that doesn't drink. All the stories I had heard growing up would speak to the contrary.'

Claire says to Harban in common, curiously, 'You had figured out that he doesn't actually drink? Had you found pools beneath the tables he sat at?'

Harban says to Claire in common, mildly, 'I asked him a bunch about where he came from, how he got into the business, just figurin' if he was merchant or pirate or deckswabber.'

Harban says to Claire in common 'He told me he got into it out of necessity and not to judge him and his friends as bad guys.  'course, then I looked at his cup and half of it was gone, but it weren't under the table.'

Claire nods slowly with lines of confusion becomming present on her face.

Claire says to Harban in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I myself do not know what to make of his profession. What he truly does, whether it piracy or trading.'

Claire says to Harban in common, shrugging, 'I had not pegged him for magic, maybe trickery. It is hard to explain making liquid disappear unless he managed to steal your attention most completely.'

A weary traveller has arrived from the west.

Harban says to Claire in common 'He's not here anymore.  Like I said, he's shut himself up in that boat.'

Claire says to Harban in common, nodding, 'Yes, well I do appreciate your time and words. I believe I will go see if he answers to call. I will bring him the jug of mead, even if he does not drink.'

Claire reaches into a pouch tied to her belt and withdraws a small coins which she proceeds to stack on top of the counter. After finishing the contents of her mug she slides the empty container next to the coins and dips her head to Harban.

Harban nods.

Claire gives Harban some coins.

Claire pushes herself back from the bar and returns the stool back to its previous position. After gathering her things she moves toward the door.

Claire says to Harban in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Thank you, and I look forward to seeing you next I pass through these ports.'

Claire stands up.

Claire gets a small slab of beef jerky from a satchel of tiny, ice-blue dragon scales.

Claire eats a small slab of beef jerky.

Claire leaves east.

===============

The End of the Pier [Room 11373]
The wooden dock ends here, a small wooden platform stretched out into the cold
water.  Two heavy pilings loom on either side of the sturdy raft, each worn
smooth from yars and years of ropes being coiled around them.  The planks
along the northern edge of this pier are withered and gray, as if they had
been exposed to far worse than salt water and sun.  An odd, musty scent hangs
in the air apparent even amidst the ocean breezes.  To the south, the dock
extends back to the main mass of the Central Pier. 


[Exits: south]
     The NOMICON, a pitch black funeral barge, bobs in the waves here.
     (Glowing) A large sign hangs from a one of the pier's wooden support posts.
Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.


Claire approaches the end of the dock, looking out over the large black ship. She sets down her belongings and withdraws a jug from her backpack before looking quietly out over the boat.

Claire yells in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Orvlin are you there?! It is Claire Alorian of the Crusade! I have come to visit and speak to you!'

From the north, a male voice yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Go away!  Nobody's here!'

Claire yells in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I have brought you a gift and would like to speak to the Captain of the Nomicon! There has been much said of late, I would like to speak to someone!'

From the north, a male voice yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I'm not that dumb to be fooled by a "gift!"  Go away and take your Coterie felis with you!'

From the south, a male voice shouts in common 'The Royal Fisher leaves for the Port of Alandis in a few minutes.'

Claire yells in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'This gift holds no trickery and nor am I in anyway a felis or affiliated with the Coterie! I come on my own accord and as acting voice of the Crusade!'

From the north, a male voice yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'And you're most certainly not here to threaten us like the Coterie man and the Coterie felis, right?  I heard you the first time when you said you were going to kill us all!'

From the south, a voice shouts in common 'The Vargusson leaves for Salty Harbor in a few minutes.'

From the south, a voice shouts in common 'All Aboard.'

Claire yells in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'This day I will deliver nor act on any threats in my interactions with you or your crew! I humbly ask that you let me aboard to talk!'

From the north, a male voice yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Are you with us?'

Claire yells in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'To remain honest, I am only with the Crusade. I can only assure you that I wish only to speak. I can also say again, that I am in not anyway affiliated with the Coterie.'

From the north, a male voice yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Leave your weapons on the pier!  And keep your hands where I can see them!'

From the south, a male voice shouts in common 'The Royal Fisher leaves for the Port of Alandis in a few minutes.'

Claire sheaths her sword and removes the sheath. Placing her shield and scabbard into a bag she places it on the pier and backs away from it after first grabbing a little clay jug.

Claire stops using an irium longsword with an emerald-studded hilt.
Claire stops using a white steel shield emblazoned with a gold sun.
Claire puts an irium longsword with an emerald-studded hilt in a knapsack of dark, scaly dagahasi skin.
Claire puts a white steel shield emblazoned with a gold sun in a knapsack of dark, scaly dagahasi skin.
Claire stops using a leather scabbard stitched with silver threads.
Claire puts a leather scabbard stitched with silver threads in a knapsack of dark, scaly dagahasi skin.

Claire yells in common, her hands held out to her sides, 'I no longer hold my sword nor other lines of defense and ask to speak unarmed.'

With a loud creak, the hatch of the Nomicon swings open.

=====
/* On the Nomicon */

The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck.


[Exits: east south west up]
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, in a defensive stance, scimitar in hand.

A short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Come in!  Slowly!  No sudden movements!'

Claire has arrived from the south.

A short, fox-like male canidae points a gleaming scimitar of damascened irium at Claire.  He shoots a quick glance through the hatch, though he quickly looks back toward Claire.

Claire keeps her hands held out to either side, pointed up in the air. She manages to dip her head forward to a short, fox-like male canidae still keeping a careful surveilance of the area.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What do you want?'

With scimitar still pointed at Claire, a short, fox-like male canidae edges toward the hatch and shoves it with his shoulder so it swings shut.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Greetings Orvlin, my intentions are true. I only had hoped to speak, the last I had you were still looking to acquire a ship. The toher times I came by you were busy restoring this ship to glory.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Well yes!  And you know, while I was up on the mast, a Coterie human and a Coterie felis came and threatened me!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, dipping her head again, 'I had hoped to clear up several rumors I have heard, as well as express my concerns for the future.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'The felis told me they were going to kill us all and we better hand over the artifact to Alarac if we wanted to live!  Of course I said no!  And then he and the human both threatened me more and wouldn't get off my boat!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, narrowing her eyes curiously, 'It had been spoken that you were forced to defend yourself against the threat?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'They were both ganging up on me!  It was just me and two of them!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'The felis was telling the human--I think his name was Ricard-- that the artifact was probably on the boat, and the human was saying I wouldn't want him to go back and report to his masters because his masters would do real unpleasant stuff!'

A short, fox-like male canidae's ears flick in agitation.  His scimitar droops, and he rapidly swings it up to point at Claire.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, looking about the deck, careful not to move too suddenly, 'Where is the rest of your crew? Why is it that you are left alone to maintain this ship and protect your artifact?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I couldn't fight them both, so I smashed that bottled storm I had to get the felis to leave, and I had to kill Ricard since he moved against me!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I told ya last time, there's only three of us!  Karzt has to watch our stuff, and I as here cleaning the boat, and Cisse wouldn't even get on the boat with all the powder here--'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, '... but the Coterie got her, and now they're gonna do something awful, real awful to her!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding her head in agreement, 'The loss of Ricard is not a terrible one, he as I have been told works very closely with the Coterie. I do recall now, my apologies regarding the question of your crew.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, pausing, expelling a deep breath, 'Regrettably I had heard of Cisse's current situation, I intend to approach the Coterie in regards to the negotiations for Cisse and her well being.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I gotta get her out!  We were about to leave and go back home, but then there was a note saying they had her... She's done enough for me that I can't just go off and leave her here!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Part of my reason for coming is to speak of what may yet come to pass. As you know the Coterie is a very dangerous organization, I do not personally believe they will stop with Cisse. There maybe many more hurt before these events settle.'

A short, fox-like male canidae visibly trembles, the motion most evident in the tip of the scimitar.  He takes a deep, calming breath.

The sun rises in the east.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'That's why we've got to go!  I asked some people to try and talk to Cisse, see if she wants us to go home without her since we've been gone for so long, but they never came back!'

Claire remains still, even her breathing having slowed as to not cause surprise. Keeping her eyes on a short, fox-like male canidae she slowly lowers her hands a fraction, still held out to either side.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'But none of you people understand!  It's all "Turn over the artifact or we'll kill you!" or "Turn over the artifact and nobody gets hurt!" or "Turn over the artifact because you wouldn't want more people hurt!"'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, curiously, 'Did the note mention any ransom or what they want?'

The day has begun.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'They wanted the artifact!  But we need that artifact to go home, and we need it for our people!  Karzt doesn't have family, but Cisse's mum is real old, and I've got a bunch of brothers and sisters...'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding slowly, moving a single hand to press her fingertips against her chest, 'I myself believe that people getting hurt during this situation is unavoidable. I do however wnat to see the best possible solution come to pass.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, after a pause, 'How is it that you got here from the mists initially? That was before the artifact came into the picture, before all of these most unfortunate situations came about.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Well, Karzt and I have a plan to save Cisse!  But we need help for it, and we gotta get in before the Coterie gets all those horrid things to do whatever they're gonna do to Cisse!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We fell out somehow!  Cisse said we must've run onto some stones that was a weirdway to here!  But normally, nobody gets out and nobody gets in through just the mist!  You end up turned backward or on the other side of the bay if you try!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'But that statue, it's got some magic and if you use it for speed, it can get us in and out of the mists like it's regular water!  If we give it up, we can't get back in, see?'

The boat creaks loudly.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding, 'Not unless a similar set of stones were found that would drop you back through the mists. Nothing as easy as simply floating through the mists as if itw ere any other normal stretch of water.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'The stones always lead out!  They never lead in!  We tried, the stones only take you back out here.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'There is NO way in except luck or the statue, so we can't give it up!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'If a series of these stones could be found and mastered, it would be a reliable source of transportation no less. I know nothing of them unfortunatly, not to mention they will not help Cisse escape harm.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'There's only one set out here, and they're the exit point!  There is no way to use the stones to go in!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I will take your word on that, for I will not be a good source on the subject. I would like to see what a few individuals I know can make of the stones. First, I must deal with the siutation with Cisse.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Yes!  That's our plan!  Karzt can probably blast her out!  But we need someone to go for reconnaisance!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, with a small shake of her head, her eyes narrowed, 'Blast her out? My goal here would be to try to minimize damage and lives lost, that sounds as if it could destroy the City,'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'It'll just be Coterie what get blasted!  They deserve it for what they've done to us!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'They've got a bunch of stinking dagahasi!  You're going to defend them and call yourself "Crusade?"'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding in agreement, 'As well as for many other deeds I am sure they have committed during their existance I would agree, they would be deserving.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Your temper and worry gets the better of you, I am not affiliated with the Coterie in any fashion, and would not be the least bit upset if they all disappeared in the night.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'It's not just Cisse's life riding on this!  Or even a couple of filthy Coterie!  We've got an island to defend!  Families, children, friends!  And we've been gone for so long, there might not even be anything to return to now!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I want to ensure that the City will not be damaged or its undeserving citizens harmed in this blast. If it is only Coterie then your idea may not be terrible.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'My temper?  You want me to CALM DOWN when all those people's blood could be on my hands?  Cisse and I both said we would be willing to die if it would keep our island village going.'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, pressing her hand into her chest again, 'Your island may not escape danger even if you get back to it with Cisse. The Coterie will not rest until they get what they want, they will be searching for a way to find your island.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'They haven't made it into the bay in this long!'

The boat creaks loudly.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'They have had no reason to before.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Even if they did, the pirates would get them!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, shrugging, 'We can only hope, though I feel they are close in kin to pirates themselves, who knows what their true capabilities are.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, taking a deep breath, 'Now, we have a plan, as I said!  And either you want to help us, or you leave.  I don't want to come up with more "What-if's" to scare us into doing what you want, which involves handing the artifact over to you!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I've had enough people telling me how much we're going to die!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Fair enough, well you have a plan. A plan to blast at the Coterie, what then? Is that just a queue for Cisse to make a run for it?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'No!  You weren't listening to me at all!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I had heard enough that you need help, someone ont he ground to be reconaissance.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Yes!  The Coterie is asking for things!  Weird things!  Evil things!  But someone must be receiving those things, right?'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding after a moment, 'I would iamgine they did put soemone in charge of that.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'So someone could get those things and pretend to hand them in!  Then they could maybe see where Cisse is!  And see what sort of security they have!  And any weaknesses!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'But not all the things!  If you hand over all the things, then the Coterie will do whatever evil thing they're planning to do!  Maybe just one or two of the things!'

Claire shifts her gaze to the deck of the ship. She brushes her hand through her hair to loosely grip the back of her neck while she wears a thought filled expression.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Maybe the easiest thing!  Other people may have turned some in already!  It would be bad to complete their set by giving them the hardest thing!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'That's what Karzt and I need someone to do!  And we need them to do it quick before the Coterie finishes whatever they're doing to Cisse!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding in agreement, 'The faster they get the items they require, the faster Cisse would meet her fate.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'The soap is probably the easiest!  Turn some of that in and use the opportunity to scout!  Then tell us what you learned1.'

A short, fox-like male canidae's lip trembles and he bites it to hide the motion.  He finally lets the tip of a gleaming scimitar of damascened irium drop.

A short, fox-like male canidae sheaths a gleaming scimitar of damascened irium into a leather scabbard stitched with silver threads.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I had intended to be present during the negotiations for Cisse, though that time maybe too late. I would be willing to see what we can accomplish in regards to this mission to survey the situation.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I offered this reward to the felis who turned out to be part of the Coterie!  And Imbria!  And Alarac!  We don't have any more treasure left, but if you help us leave, we can drop you off on an island in the bay to get your own treasure!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'All you have to do is find some stones to get out.  Or you can stay!'

The boat creaks loudly.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, with a small smile, 'I would prefer not to stay, and would ask that you drop me and a handful of others off on this island to get the treasure, if of course I am able to help.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Imbria and Alarac said they'd talk to the Coterie, but they never came back!  I hope they're okay!  They were nice enough to help me clean the powder off the boat!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, curiously, 'The stones are not hard to use are they?'

A short, fox-like male canidae fidgets agitatedly.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'No, no, they're very easy.  All you do is go near a ring and they suck you in and spit you out!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding, 'I had spoken to both Imbria and Alarac, they are well and still intend to speak to the Cotiere.  As had I, but I will make haste ins earching for Cisse by turning in a box of soap and seeing what I can uncover.'

A short, fox-like male canidae begins to speak, then gasps.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Make sure that they don't collect ALL the things!  It would be a catastrophe!  They would be helping the Coterie!'

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, attempting to sound reassuring, 'Only one or two so that they cannot move forward with their plan yet. I will attempt to see what has already been turned in, but that is all I can do.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Yes.  Yes!  And once we have an idea of what we're going into, we'll try and break Cisse out!  And then we'll go!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, urgently, 'But you've got to hurry!  Before the Coterie gets all the things!'

A short, fox-like male canidae wrings his empty hands worriedly.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, nodding, 'I would like to see Cisse returned to you, I will do what I can, as quick as I am able. I truly desire the Coterie to always meet failure.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Don't let them know you're working with us!'

A short, fox-like male canidae digs his fingers into the side of the hatch and pulls it open.

A short, fox-like male canidae sticks his head out cautiously, peering left, right, up, and down.

Claire says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I work rather exclusivly as it is, and I would not share my plans with the Coterie of all parties. I will return Orvlin, I thank you for speaking with me.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Claire in common, dropping his voice, 'The coast is clear!  Good luck!  I'm glad I didn't have to use the rum-bombs on you!'

A short, fox-like male canidae grabs a hold of Claire.
A short, fox-like male canidae manages to push Claire south.

Claire leaves south.
You follow Claire.
The End of the Pier [Room 11373]
The wooden dock ends here, a small wooden platform stretched out into the cold
water.  Two heavy pilings loom on either side of the sturdy raft, each worn
smooth from yars and years of ropes being coiled around them.  The planks
along the northern edge of this pier are withered and gray, as if they had
been exposed to far worse than salt water and sun.  An odd, musty scent hangs
in the air apparent even amidst the ocean breezes.  To the south, the dock
extends back to the main mass of the Central Pier.


[Exits: north south]
     The NOMICON, a pitch black funeral barge, bobs in the waves here.
     (Glowing) A large sign hangs from a one of the pier's wooden support posts.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.

Claire reaches into her bag and withdraws a little clay jug which she acrefully sits down on the deck before walking toward the open hatch carefully. She looks about the deck once more before half-exiting the hatch.

The hatch swings shut abruptly.

Claire drops a little clay jug.

Claire gets a little clay jug.

Claire leaves south.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2014, 12:34:24 AM »
  • Claire, Imbria, and Alarac bring Szaloch a lot of soap and offer to carry it up to where Cisse is.
  • Szaloch says they've been inundated in soap and don't need help to carry 5 up, but will pay for the soap now as a gesture of appreciation for the desire to help.
  • Szaloch adds that their citizens have gotten into farming and they've obtained the earth artifact to make the soil fertile.  This means they are only missing the Lynx.
  • Szaloch says people have given them items that don't fit the requirements except by suspending belief, such as stories written by Deception followers as "liar's tongues".
  • Szaloch says that their guest, Cisse, has silenced herself.
  • Szaloch says a guard will pick up the soap, implying that there are guards.
A guard, Skazzik, was left outside, but he was unnoticed and started his shift.

The three of them head up to the Tower of the Arcane and bleach peacock feathers with lemon juice and amplified sunlight.  They all go blind and then see rainbows for a little while.

  • They then went to ask Gerlaz about Norvli.
  • Gerlaz says Norvli is very suspicious, wants people who are brave enough to save maidens or else they wouldn't be any good for helping him obtain rare materials.
  • Gerlaz is still reluctant to tell them where Norvli is since Imbria says she's good at finding treasure and Norvli has said he doesn't want anyone who'd steal a rare artifact.
  • Gerlaz agrees to tell them if Norvli will speak with them or not if they come back in a few days.
  • Gerlaz drops the hint that he hears a lot in his bar, but the hint wasn't picked up.

If they ask Gerlaz for stuff he's heard about the Coterie specifically, he can tell them about one of the guards having a drinking problem.

Gerlaz will likely tell Orvlin about the three, Orvlin will recognize them, and either give them new info or tell them no need to see him again until they have new info.

By this time, someone should have delivered a liar's tongue to the Coterie.  Have an NPC do it.  Chirondin was originally going to have Iswathi turn it in, but they didn't go and talk to Szaloch afterwards.

Orvlin wants them to get info on the Coterie's defenses, and there are 3 things they should find for success:  1) is the guard schedule.  2) is Cisse's location.  3) is each guard's weakness.  The idea behind the guards is there's 3 guards (room 200) who take 8 hour shifts and rotate slots.  Each has a vice, such as loving gold, loving alcohol, or loving women that the players should optimally try to find for Orvlin and Karzt to succeed in blasting their ways in.


======

The Northern End of the Stained Glass Atrium [Room 4520]
Paper lanterns painted with an open eye motif hang strung across the high
vaulted ceiling of the atrium.  They cast reddish light and slit-pupiled
shadows onto the smooth, shining black floor below.  Tall arches of gray stone
form the walls to the east and west where parallel series of stained glass
windows glare at each other across the room.  Hazy clouds of sandalwood
scented smoke rise from burning sticks of incense tucked in niches along the
walls and hang, oily and thick, in the air.  The atrium stretches to the south
while an arched doorway to the north leads to the basilica's inner chambers.


[Exits: north south]
     A ring of white-cushioned prayer mats rests on the glassy floor.
(Red Aura) A pudgy, green-skinned male imp struggles to fly with a basket of bricks.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.
(Red Aura) A muscular dagahasi male with cropped hair pushes a cart of bricks here.
(Red Aura) Szaloch chants prayers in a low, droning rasp.


A pudgy, green-skinned male imp leaves south.

Claire says to Imbria in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I'm not very sure they are wanting to speak to me, I can't blame them, I am a terrible lie.'

Imbria says to Claire in common, blinking, 'What? Wouldn't that mean that you're /great/ to speak to..'

Claire says to a muscular dagahasi male with cropped black hair in common, turning her attention, 'Well your friend keeps his serpent tongue held within his mouth, might you know where we can find Ricard?'

Szaloch says to Claire in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Why are you seeking him?'

Alarac swings a couple baskets, waggling an elbow at Szaloch.

Claire says to Szaloch in common, shifting back her gaze to Szaloch, 'Well we have a delivery for his esteemed guest, though Szaloch maybe the one we seek? I assumed Ricard has been handling these sort of affairs.'

Szaloch motions toward himself.
Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I am known as Szaloch.'

Szaloch says to Claire in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'No, that is not what the notice reads.'

Claire kneels enough to set the baskets down on the ground, clapping her hands together as if to clean them. She nods once to Szaloch and makes a gesture to the baskets and to Alarac.

Alarac waddles over and drops his baskets near Claire's, remaining behind them.

Alarac drops a wicker basket with ribbon handles.
Alarac drops a wicker basket with ribbon handles.

Claire says to Szaloch in common, nodding, 'Well, then I suppose we can leave him out of this. How is your Esteemed guest fairing?'

Szaloch says to Claire in common, tersely, 'She is fine.'

Claire says to Szaloch in common, looking back at the baskets, 'Well we have brought with us a good deal of soap as requested, we are prepared to deliver it wherever you will be needing it.'

Szaloch says to Claire in common, motioning to the basket, 'We have abundant amount of soap already.  It has been brought to us by every man wanting a little profit or favor... and no, we did not require a "good deal of soap."'

A muscular dagahasi male with cropped black hair leaves north.

Claire says to Alarac in common, looking backward, 'I knew I should have let you read the notice, I just cannot seem to get any of ths right.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'Should we bother looking for a liar's tongue and white feather, still? Have any of those come in from other people?'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We still require the liar's tongue and feather, aye.  We have had a number of things submitted, but they are not suitable.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, slowly, 'Er- how do you test for.. suitability?'

Szaloch says in common, motioning to the baskets, 'I will offer some compensation for the soap.  If anything, it can be put to use.  We are not all like the emperor who purchased the golden bathtub for himself, but we are not shy of bathing either.'

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, blandly, 'A story written by a follower of Deception is stretching the definition of "a liar's tongue."  That is not suitable.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'I guess Seria would be a cleaner place if you ever meant to expand!'

Imbria tilts her head slightly to the side.

Alarac thinks in common 'Maybe they will use the water artifact in conjunction with all that soap to finally wash the stink out of this place.'

Claire looks to Szaloch before nodding, smiling once at Alarac before reaching down to grasp both of her baskets, one in each hand.

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The soap will be in greater need anyhow... some of the citizens have new interest in tilling the soil now that we have made it more fertile.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, waving one hand vaguely, 'I thought it'd be more like.. I don't know, you can't cut it into cubes and burn it to use as.. atmosphere. Or something.'

Claire says to Szaloch in common, in agreement, 'It is a dirty business, tending to a garden or preparing soil for future plans to be sure.'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The humans, in particular, have grown interested in "fruit."  It is most peculiar that trees that take years to grow are growing at an accelerated rate now that we have the third artifact.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, blinking, 'Are you guys trying to make.. a garden or something?'

Claire says to Imbria in common, making an attempt to gesture to herself with a basket filled hand, 'I do not know about your tastes, but I for one happen to very much enjoy fruit.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'That is peculiar! I hope it only speeds up fruit trees.'

Szaloch grins with a mouthful of sharp teeth at Alarac.

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'That's to be seen, hm?'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'I think the dagahasi are the only race from whom a smile is never reassuring! I hope it is to be seen. By ALL the interested parties!'

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'It is simply a consequence of the effect on the soil.  I am sure there will be other consequences.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, after a short pause, 'Right. I'm sure the ah, acceleration of tree growth is only an unintended consequence.'

Imbria thinks in common 'Or something.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common '..So er- what small compensation for the soap?'

Claire says to Szaloch in common, displaying a plain, empty expression, 'I hope the fruit it bears has no unforseen consequences on those humans that would enjoy it.'

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We hold three of the artifacts and the original cat.  That is why we are anxious to retrieve the last one, and our guest will be assisting us with that.'

Szaloch says to Claire in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'They ARE our people after all.  We do not poison our citizens with fetid sewage water like Seria does with the central fountain.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, carefully picking out her words, 'I would have thought that you'd have been able to er- get the assistance of anyone you wanted.'

Imbria thinks in common 'I guess threats of bodily harm and stuff are less useful when you've already died multiple, multiple times?'

Szaloch says to Imbria in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Our guest has, most unfortunately, silenced her own voice.'

Imbria looks blank for a moment before shuddering.

Szaloch says to Claire in common, motioning to the held baskets, 'Do you intend to take your soap or leave it with us?  I will not pay for them if you are taking them.'

Claire presses her lips into a thin line before looking over to Imbria . She adjusts her grip on the basket handles and looks back to Szaloch.

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, after an audible swallow, '..Right, well I guess that's /one/ way to do it. And I guess why you need the tongue, huh.'

Claire says to Szaloch in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I had intended to do you the courtesy of carrying it to its final destination. After all you are compensating us for delivering the soap.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'It is too bad we don't associate closely with liars! Especially bully liars.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common '..Yes, just too bad.'

Szaloch says to Claire in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I am not sure what missive you read, but we do not need assistance to carry five bars of soap.'

Claire says to Szaloch in common, gesturing with her head to the baskets, 'We have brought you four baskets of soap, you only need to compensate for the five you would require, but if you will make use of it the rest can be an added bonus?'

Szaloch says to Claire in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'As I said, I will pay for it all.  But we have already satisfied the soap requirement.  You may leave it here until one of the guards fetches it for distribution.'

Alarac says to Claire in common 'I am afraid all of our practice carrying this soap has been for naught! We'll have to put our talents to use elsewhere. Maybe an inn needs soap carriers.'

Alarac backs away from his dropped baskets, standing over by Imbria instead.

Imbria turns to look down at Alarac. She palms a bar of soap from her packs and tosses it into one of the baskets.

Claire says to Alarac in common, nods to Alarac and drops her baskets next to the others, 'It would seem so, at least we got the practice I suppose.'

Imbria gets a square bar of sandalwood soap from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.

Claire drops a wicker basket with ribbon handles.

Claire drops a wicker basket with ribbon handles.

Imbria drops a square bar of sandalwood soap.

Szaloch says in common, clasping his hands together, 'Now, this is... fourty bars of soap?  Fourty one?'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common, beaming up at him, 'Looks like it! Roughly enough to buy admission to see what you all do with the artifacts, right?'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We must have an ocean of soap now.  Bring us the white feather and that would be a ticket in, hm?'

Alarac's eye twitches.

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I will give you one piece of gold for each bar of soap.'

A pudgy, green-skinned male imp leaves north.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'You are in the wrong business as an enchantress. You should become a soap merchant.'

Szaloch gives Imbria some coins.

Alarac thinks in common 'Just the feather? And then I can see? How difficult.'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We will accept no more soap.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she stares at the johgo, '..No. No thank you, no.'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The payment is for as much the intent to assist us as it is for actual materials.'

Claire says to Imbria in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'It would seem we will need to find us a feather, at least we won't need to fill a basket full of them.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common, appreciatively, 'The Coterie is very kind to its allies! And constituents.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, with a wave, 'Right! Well uh- thanks for the enlightening conversation!'

Alarac looks at Imbria.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Enlightening indeed. That soap was -heavy-.'

Szaloch nods.

Imbria leaves south.
Alarac leaves south.
Claire leaves south.

/* I dropped Skazzik the guard south in case they noticed and talked to him, but they didn't.  So Skazzik started his shift. */

Skazzik has arrived from the south.

Skazzik leaves north.



/* At this point, they decided to try and bleach a peacock feather. */

A Dangling Water Lens at the Tower's Precipice [Room 638]
Twin spires of seamless ivory stone rise a hundred feet into the air on either
side of the octagonal area atop the precipice here.  A ring of sorcerous
golden writing hovers in the air, rotating languidly around the spires.  Rain
gutters run beneath the ivory barriers that encircle the area and end in
gryphon gargoyles with extended claws at each corner of the tower.  A dull,
bass thrum pulses rhythmically through the air, and despite the howling wind,
the area within the ring of words remains completely undisturbed.  In the
middle of the precipice, a flight of ivory stairs spirals down into the tower.


[Exits: down]
     A giant water droplet hangs between the spires, forming a lens.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.
(Translucent) Imbria is here.
Thareli, Mistress of Illusions, takes measurements at the base of a spire.


Alarac says to Imbria in common 'You are a mind reader!'

Alarac peers intently up.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, brightly, pointing to the lens, 'You can use that to concentrate-'

Imbria tilts her head slightly to the side.

Imbria says in common 'Actually, maybe also..'

Imbria says in common 'I'll return, okay?'

Alarac nods his head twice in rapid succession.

Claire moves a hand up to hold her head and shakes it slightly.

Imbria utters the words, 'gate'.
Imbria begins to step through a gate.

Alarac says to Claire in common 'What is the matter?'

Imbria has arrived through a gate.

Claire says to Alarac in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'It is just a good idea, the fact that using magic and then the lens. I wish I could offer more than to trim the feather to look pretty.'

Imbria says in common, as she stumbles out of her gate, 'There we go- I read /somewhere/ that lemon juice is also supposed to bleach colour out.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, mournfully, 'I had to go into the library and /read/ for this.'

Alarac gasps at Imbria.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'I am glad you survived the ordeal! How much do you have?'

Claire says to Imbria in common, peering intently, 'You do noy enjoy reading? I would have guessed it a favored hobby of yours.'

Imbria looks up at the sky.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, hopefully, 'You can make it not-rain first?'

Alarac utters the words, 'control weather'.
Alarac raises his arms palm upwards towards the sky and begins a calming chant.

Alarac shouts in common 'RAIN. Go away!'

Alarac utters the words, 'control weather'.
Alarac raises his arms palm upwards towards the sky and begins a calming chant.

Alarac utters the words, 'control weather'.
Alarac raises his arms palm upwards towards the sky and begins a calming chant.

Alarac utters the words, 'control weather'.
Alarac raises his arms palm upwards towards the sky and begins a calming chant.

Alarac utters the words, 'control weather'.
Alarac raises his arms palm upwards towards the sky and begins a calming chant.
The drumbeats of rain on rooftops dies down.

Alarac chants a lot, pacing away from the human women.

Alarac utters the words, 'control weather'.
Alarac raises his arms palm upwards towards the sky and begins a calming chant.

Alarac utters the words, 'control weather'.
Alarac raises his arms palm upwards towards the sky and begins a calming chant.

Alarac utters the words, 'control weather'.
Alarac raises his arms palm upwards towards the sky and begins a calming chant.

Alarac utters the words, 'control weather'.
Alarac raises his arms palm upwards towards the sky and begins a calming chant.
The clouds break up over the city.

Imbria beams delightedly.

Alarac yells in common 'Thank you!'

Smugly smiling, Alarac paces back to the lens.

Imbria takes a small wrapped package out of her packs and spreads out some emerald peacock feathers on the floor.

Imbria drops some emerald peacock feathers.

Imbria gives a yellow lemon to Claire.

Imbria gives a yellow lemon to Alarac.

Imbria says in common 'You can cut it up and soak the feathers with the juice too? If you want to help!'

Clouds begin rolling in above the rooftops.

Claire says to Imbria in common, nodding, 'Yes, I can certainly do that.'

Alarac says to Claire in common, conversationally while fishing into his satchel, 'We are lucky onions don't help make things white. It is always sad to see one's hero cry, and I do not want you thinking less of me.'

Imbria gets a curved dragon tooth dagger from a rucksack made from the hide of a large yeti with white fur.

Alarac gets an amber-studded kris with a fiery blade from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.

Imbria wields a curved dragon tooth dagger.

Alarac drops a bell-shaped glass jar.

Claire draws a small dagger from a sheath worn on her arm and eyes it and the lemon carefully. She casts a glance down to the peacock feathers.

Claire gets an armsheath embroidered with red and purple poppies from a bloodstained leather backpack.

Claire stops using a filigreed gold armband embellished with crystal.

Claire wears an armsheath embroidered with red and purple poppies on her arms.

Claire stops using an irium longsword with an emerald-studded hilt.

Claire draws a braun misericorde set with vivid red ibha from an armsheath embroidered with red and purple poppies.

Claire wields a braun misericorde set with vivid red ibha.

Imbria pokes holes into a yellow lemon and crouches, dripping the juice directly on some emerald peacock feathers.

Alarac sets the jar down, then proceeds to cut and squish the lemon to ooze juice into the container.

Claire says to Alarac in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'It would be unfortunate, seeing as you are so brave to tackle a legion of orcs, to see you cry at the mere sight and smell of an onion may tarnish that.'

Alarac sets the jar down, then proceeds to cut and squish the lemon to ooze juice into the container.

Claire spears the lemon before carefully beginning to cut it into several circular slices. She kneels on the ground and slides over a few feathers, laying the lemon slices along the feathers length.

Alarac says to Imbria in common, musing aside while squishing, 'It is too bad Harzi vanished. I think she would know how to speedily bleach feathers.'

Claire presses on the backs of the lemon slices in an effort to ooze some of the juices onto the feathers length, allowing it to set while she seats herself more comfortably on the ground.

Alarac thinks in common 'Harzi and Toukaj. Of all of the Nexus friends that have come and gone, I miss them the most. I hope they come back some day with a lot of good stories.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, with a sigh, '/Probably/ yeah. I only know how to make things into gold.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Some gold is white, isn't it?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'Not the gold /I/ like. It looks all soaked now- your turn?'

Alarac gets a good collection of lemon juice in the jar and tosses the ragged pieces of lemon skin aside.

Chirondin appears abruptly.

Imbria says in common, as she stares at the jar, '..Oh. Er- maybe after you use those.'

Alarac simply sprinkles his lemony juice on the feathers and then wipes his hands off, hopping back to his feet.

Alarac says in common 'Shield your eyes! I shall perform MAGIC!'

Claire says to Imbria in common, smiling, 'Well one of these feathers are bound to work the way we would want, anything else you found in the book you read regarding fruits and interesting applications?'

Imbria says to Claire in common, as she keeps her eyes on the feathers, 'I have another idea to try but uh- only if this one doesn't work.'

Imbria utters the words, 'deflection'.
A reflective shield surrounds Imbria.

Imbria takes a step back from Alarac and obligingly shields her eyes.

The clouds break up over the city.

Claire looks to Alarac at his announcement and immeadiatly places her face into her two awaiting hands. Her words are muffled but she nods once.

Thareli regards the proceedings out of the corner of her eye. An impish smile sneaks onto her face.

Alarac thrusts his hands at the sky and begins a chant. The area around the tower brightens and a shaft of intense sunlight hits the floating lens!

Clouds begin rolling in above the rooftops.

The shaft glitters and is magnified by the water droplet. The room is briefly illuminated by a rainbow of color before the sunlight is snuffed by a passing cloud.

The clouds break up over the city.

Alarac heaves a sigh and, arms still outstretched, he starts waving them frantically.

Alarac yells in common 'Go away! Yes! KEEP GOING AWAY!'

A streak of sunbleached paleness mars the gold eye-spot of one of the feathers.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, excitedly, 'More, cast it some more!'

As the clouds pass, the light from above intensifies, becoming a blinding glare. The same rainbow of color bombared lightds the room.

Claire peeks out between her fingers at Alarac , She then tilts her head to the side before hiding behind her hands again.

The sun slowly disappears in the west.

Clouds begin rolling in above the rooftops.

Alarac's half-mask shudders with pale light, shifting into a stylized moon.

Imbria squints as she tries to keep looking at some emerald peacock feathers.

Alarac's eyes squint against the sky. He repeats the previous incantation. He pauses when the rainbow light engulfs the tower...

The lens captures and refracts the mystical sunlight, reflecting off of the walls. Thareli covers her eyes as the light grows blindingly bright.

/* The players were flagged with blindness and schizophrenia (rainbows everywhere!) */

The clouds break up over the city.

Alarac lifts a hand to shield his eyes. For good measure, he turns away entirely, lids squeezed shut.

Imbria says in common, slowly, 'Did- did it work?'

Imbria says in common, starting to sound panicked, 'Wait- I can't see anything- did it work!?'

Clouds begin rolling in above the rooftops.

Claire begins to muffle words into her hands. She leans forward and rests her hands and head against her knees.

Imbria opens her eyes then hastily squeezes them shut again.

Imbria says in common 'There are colours everywhere- /everywhere/- my /eyes/.'

Alarac waivers on his feet when he opens his eyes again.

Alarac says in common 'This must be how siriyu see the world! Ack...'

Alarac looks toward the feathers. He near them and kneels down, reaching to gingerly pick one up.

Claire says in common, placing her hands to the ground at her side, beginning to look around as she speaks, 'I would say it is quite pretty but I can't seem to make sense of anything, the colors are random.'

Imbria presses the heels of her hands to her eyes.

Imbria says in common 'Go /away/ I can't appreciate the pretty colours of gold like this.'

Thareli says in common, grimacing, 'You could warn me, you know, before you do something like that.'

Alarac shakes his head, staring down at the feather. His eyes water while he studies the thing...

Alarac says in common, huffing before he looks up, 'I can't even tell if it worked!'

Imbria says to Thareli in common, sounding completely apologetic, 'I didn't realize it'd be like this! We just thought it'd be aimed at the feathers, not at /everyone/.'

Alarac says to Thareli in common 'Oh. I am sorry! Is this how you siriyu usually see?'

Imbria gingerly opens her eyes and peers at some white peacock feathers. She crouches and starts to pick them up one by one.

Imbria gets some white peacock feathers.

Claire says to Thareli in common, squinting her eyes as if trying to make something out, 'Yes, I do not believe the intention was to bathe the room in light, I am glad you at least still appear to have your vision.'

Alarac rubs at his eyes some more, and they seem to focus on the collection of feathers in Imbria's hands.

Thareli says to Alarac in common, with syrupy sweetness, 'No. Siriyu eyes see more colors, it's true, but that's just because siriyu -appreciate- more colors.'

Imbria says in common, slowly, 'They.. It worked! It /WORKED/!'

Thareli says to Alarac in common, raising her nose just so, 'It's why our artwork is so much better than everyone else's.'

Thareli thinks in common 'Among other reasons.'

Alarac says to Thareli in common 'Agh! Well all we needed to see is WHITE! Sorry about your eyes!'

Claire turns back to Imbria with an excited expression, still batting her eyes open and shut. After shifting to a position she can easily stand back up she does and walks over near Imbria to examine the feathers.

Alarac hops a lap around Imbria and then beams, inspecting the bleached peacock feathers.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Let's go - er - do that THING we needed to do now?'

Claire says to Imbria in common, smiling wide, 'I must follow you to the library on your next epedition.'

Imbria says to Thareli in common, with a wave of her hands, 'Right! Er- well, sorry again! I do agree that you guys make the best artwork, probably!'

Imbria says to Claire in common, marvelling, 'I can't believe it worked!'

Imbria nods her head twice in rapid succession at Alarac.

Imbria leaves down.
Alarac leaves down.
Claire leaves down.


/* They decide to ask Gerlaz about Norvli. */

The Battered Bar of the Manhunters [Room 814]
This cramped and stuffy bar is dimly-lit by the wide fireplace against the
southern wall.  Oaken floorboards covered in dents and scrapes form lines of
alternating dark and light wood across the floor.  Fading red paint that
borders on the brown of dried human blood covers the pitted and damaged walls
of the establishment.  Antique weapons, animal skins, and trophy heads clutter
the walls, adding an animal smell to that of stale ale.  A narrow staircase in
the northeast corner leads upward to the second floor, while the entrance of
the shop opens to South Street to the west.


[Exits: (west) (up) (down)]
     A crudely fashioned arrow lies here.
     A pile of furs and skins lies against the north wall.
     Rickety wooden tables provide seating throughout the bar.
     The matted hide of a large brown bear stretches across the floor here.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
(Translucent) Imbria is here.
(Red Aura) Terka perches atop the pile of furs here.
Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters', polishes mugs at the counter.


Imbria says to Claire in common, blinking, 'Don't we need to leave a message to be able to talk to uh- Norvli?'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, in a loud wheeze, 'That 'un, he's real particular who he speaks to.  No dags now, no felis, definitely nobody shady at all...'

Alarac eyes Claire.

Claire looks silently from Imbria to Alarac before lifting her hand to hang it from the back of her neck comfortably.

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, bobbing her head, 'Of course- I'd do the same if I was him, in his kind of situation. What can I do to prove that it will be worth his while to speak to us?'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, rubbing his chin, 'Well, he said he was looking for brave, heroic sorts, the kind that'd go rescue maidens out of absolute danger.'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, in a loud wheeze, 'He said people who're afraid of danger aren't any good comrades for finding rare and valuable materials.'

Alarac puffs out his chest, planting a fist on his hip.

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, as she lifts her hand up to her heart, 'Well, I am /definitely/ not afraid of danger! And I love rare and valuable materials.'

Claire shifts her hand to form a closed fist over her chest, her other hand dropping from her neck to rest on the hilt of her sword.

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, frowning, 'I think that's a bad thing... he said definitely nobody who might look like they'd steal something valuable for themselves.'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, affronted, 'I don't /steal/. I'm not a /thief/- I don't steal!'

Claire says to Gerlaz in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I am someone who would rescue maidens from absolute danger, and close in bravery to my little johgo friend here.'

Gerlaz says in common, looking from one person to the next, 'Well, you guys got any references?  Maidens you've rescued and treasure you've found and definitely not stolen?'

Claire says to Gerlaz in common, after looking at Imbria, 'I can provide my own observations, she is no theif, just has an eye to appreciate gold and other rare valuables.'

Alarac gets a carved quartz crab from a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.

Alarac says to Gerlaz in common, producing the quartz piece, 'This is a gift from the academy faculty! I helped save the students from a RAMPAGING ATROCITY of NATURE for it!'

Claire reaches down to grasp her belt between her fingers. She gives it a small tug while nodding in response to Gerlaz.

Gerlaz says to himself in common, peering at the crab, 'How do I know you didn't run off with some hard-earned treasure?'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, with a pout, 'How do you know that he did! There's no way- how about you tell Norvli our descriptions and let him be the judge?'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, in a loud wheeze, 'I could do that.  Come back in a day or two.'

Gerlaz nods.

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, with a sigh, 'It'll have to be at least a day or two no matter what, huh? There's nothing we can say to convince you to er- let us meet with him in a neutral location right now?'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Nope, you all are quite suspicious.  Don't think I haven't heard you guys talking up there.'

Gerlaz points upward with a thumb.

Alarac looks at Imbria.

Alarac says to Gerlaz in common 'But we've helped decorate your bar with such nice skins! A lot of them not even those gross, oozy ogre types!'

Claire looks upward and opens her mouth to speak but decides to close it instead. She passes a glance between both Imbria and Alarac.

Gerlaz says to Alarac in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Don't think you're bribing me... I hear plenty of chatter from folks who come in and I don't talk unless there's good reason to.'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, with another pout, 'I /guess/ we can look suspicious.. We'll come back in a day or two, you'll see, Norvli /will/ want to talk to us!'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'A couple days is not so long I guess!'

Claire says to Gerlaz in common, nodding in agreement with Imbria, 'I do believe we fit Norvli's qualifications for what he is looking for, he will not be disappointed.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, with a dramatic flop onto one of the tables, 'We're just too suspicious looking.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Do you think it's my shoddy boots? I hope I do not look like a cutthroat.'

Alarac goes to take a seat and then taps his heel against the floor.

Claire remains standing and moves to cross her arms at her chest.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, mournfully, 'It's all the treasure I wear. Or the gold. Or /something/.'

Imbria says to Claire in common, as she waves, 'Anyway- we'll meet to continue this another time, yeah? Since there's nothing to be done now.'

Claire says to Imbria in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Any fearless individual willing to risk themselves on a dangerous request cannot be expected to look like a harmless librarian.'

Alarac says to Claire in common 'Lerath looked like a librarian, with all his folds! He was quite brave. There is even a book about him and Toukaj and I and Asyrious.'

Claire says to Imbria in common, nodding, 'We are in a bind, so yes, I believe that will have to be made to work.'

Alarac says in common 'His folds were quite mighty.'

Alarac puts a carved quartz crab in a white suede satchel stitched with gold feathers.

Imbria pushes herself off the table and waves wildly at Alarac and Claire.

Imbria says in common 'In that case, I'm going to go rest!'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Good bye for now!'
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #29 on: June 14, 2014, 02:10:34 PM »
Here's the set up right now.

Cisse is seated in a chair surrounded by enbriun to drain the silencing spell from her.  Xillia is a shifter asked to try and read her mind, but she's mad because enbriun makes it damned impossible.

A Brightly-Lit Alchemy Lab with Cluttered Shelves [Room 4558]
Iron shelves crammed with bottles of powdered reagents and preserved specimens
line the walls of this large, airy room.  White paper lanterns strung across
the ceiling add bright, diffuse lighting to the glow from wide windows that
interrupt the shelving on the eastern wall.  The glassy onyx floor gleams with
a high polish where it has been scrubbed pristinely clean though a few pitted
drips mar its smooth surface.  A faintly acrid scent lingers in the air,
drifting from the rows of long wooden tables that fill the room.  To the west,
an ebonwood door opens onto a narrow hallway. 


[Exits: (west)]
     A layer of silvery powder coats the floor here.
     (Magical) A simple wooden chair has been placed in the center of the room.
     Glass vials of opaque liquid simmer atop metal burners on the tables here.
A wiry, brown-haired human woman is here, seated in the chair quietly, looking ahead.
Xillia stands here with arms folded, looking indignant.


Korvil guards the door outside.

A Narrow Corridor Lit By Hanging Paper Lanterns [Room 4557]
The hallway's bare walls rise to a vaulted ceiling where square paper lanterns
hang to provide bright lighting.  Stylized eyes adorn the lanterns, drawn on
the white paper with translucent, creamy paint.  A red fringed rug covers most
of the floor, warding off some of the stone's chill save for the inches left
exposed between it and the walls.  To the west, an open archway allows view of
a room filled with books in glass cases while an acrid odor leaks from the
spaces around an ebonwood door to the east.  A stained glass window takes up
the northern wall while the corridor extends to the south. 


[Exits: (east) south (west)]
(Red Aura) Korvil, a stout dagahasi guard, glowers here.


Skazzik guards the west door.

A Corridor Lined With Arching Stained Glass Windows [Room 4519]
Rows of peaked glass windows sit high up on the eastern and western walls and
depict a skeletal knight riding through lushly vegetated locales.  Multihued
rays shine through the stained glass to light the corridor with rainbow hues.
In the center of the passage sits a stone sarcophagus carved from white
marble.  White candles burning with flickering flame dangle from the vaulted
ceiling on blacksteel sconces, shedding a pale glow on the onyx floor.  A trio
of lancet arches leads north to the sanctum while a twisting set of stairs is
visible through a blocked doorway at the southern end of the corridor. 


[Exits: north (south)]
     A marble sarcophagus sits here with a carved knight sleeping on its lid.
(Red Aura) Skazzik, a muscular dagahasi guard, glowers here.


Nisos guards the east door.

A Hallway of Rainbow-Hued Stained Glass Windows [Room 4521]
The ceiling of this corridor stretches high overhead, the gray stone carved
with delicate fan vaulting.  Squat white candles dangle from the ceiling on
triangular blacksteel holders to shed pale light across the glassy onyx floor.
Tall arches form the eastern and western walls, set with long, peaked stained
glass windows.  The rainbow hues shining through the glass depict a demonic
figure marching through increasingly ruined locales.  A trio of lancet arches
to the north leads to the basilica's sanctum while a tightly spiraling
staircase is visible through the blocked-off archway to the south. 


[Exits: north (south)]
     A marble sarcophagus sits here with a carved knight sleeping on its lid.
(Red Aura) Nisos, a hunchbacked female dagahasi guard, glowers here.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.