Username: Password:

Author Topic: Lythren Thievery Quest  (Read 18200 times)

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #30 on: June 15, 2014, 09:59:21 PM »
Claire, Imbria, and Alarac come to Gerlaz to see if "Norvli" will speak with them.  Orvlin, recognizing the three as people who he has talked to, assumes that they have all shared what he's told them, so he has told Gerlaz that he doesn't need to speak with them.  They are insistent.  Gerlaz drops more about how Norvli said he'd already discussed the plan with them and unless they had info on "weak spots," there wasn't much point to meeting up and talking again.

=================

The Battered Bar of the Manhunters [Room 814]
This cramped and stuffy bar is dimly-lit by the wide fireplace against the
southern wall.  Oaken floorboards covered in dents and scrapes form lines of
alternating dark and light wood across the floor.  Fading red paint that
borders on the brown of dried human blood covers the pitted and damaged walls
of the establishment.  Antique weapons, animal skins, and trophy heads clutter
the walls, adding an animal smell to that of stale ale.  A narrow staircase in
the northeast corner leads upward to the second floor, while the entrance of
the shop opens to South Street to the west.


[Exits: west (up) (down)]
     A crudely fashioned arrow lies here.
     A pile of furs and skins lies against the north wall.
     Rickety wooden tables provide seating throughout the bar.
     The matted hide of a large brown bear stretches across the floor here.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Translucent) Imbria is here.
(Red Aura) Terka perches atop the pile of furs here.
Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters', polishes mugs at the counter.

l
The Battered Bar of the Manhunters [Room 814]
This cramped and stuffy bar is dimly-lit by the wide fireplace against the
southern wall.  Oaken floorboards covered in dents and scrapes form lines of
alternating dark and light wood across the floor.  Fading red paint that
borders on the brown of dried human blood covers the pitted and damaged walls
of the establishment.  Antique weapons, animal skins, and trophy heads clutter
the walls, adding an animal smell to that of stale ale.  A narrow staircase in
the northeast corner leads upward to the second floor, while the entrance of
the shop opens to South Street to the west.


[Exits: west (up) (down)]
     A crudely fashioned arrow lies here.
     A pile of furs and skins lies against the north wall.
     Rickety wooden tables provide seating throughout the bar.
     The matted hide of a large brown bear stretches across the floor here.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Translucent) Imbria is here.
(Red Aura) Terka perches atop the pile of furs here.
Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters', polishes mugs at the counter.


Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, waving a hand wildly, 'Hello hello! Er- remember me? From before?'

Imbria closes the door to the west.

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, glancing up, 'Mm?  Oh yeah, the lady what hangs about here with the rest of the treasure hunters.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, murmuring at her while floating toward the counter, 'I do not think ghost women are easy to forget.'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, in a loud wheeze, 'He don't wanna talk to you.'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, with a slight cough, 'Yes, that one. We'd still like to speak-'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, blinking, 'Did he give a reason why?'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, in a loud wheeze, 'He says he already did, so unless you got the info on the "weak spots," there's no point wastin' his time.'

Claire drums her fingers quietly over the back of the chair, Her eyes narrow as they inspect Gerlaz more closely, the lines of muscle at her jaw coming to the surface from the pressure of her clenching her teeth.

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, thoughtfully, 'This was more a general reply to say- his missive talking about gathering artifacts. Less about the weak spots.'

Claire says to Gerlaz in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Knowing we meet his criteria, do you think we would just come here with the intent to waste his time? If we were to request audience it must be for a reason.'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, shrugging, 'He says he already talked to you about getting the items.'

Gerlaz says to Claire in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Yup, he told me he already gave instructions and talked about a plan and unless you got what he sent on on, it's a waste of his time.'

Alarac says in common 'Maybe we should review that plan!'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, slowly, '..Right. Well then, I /guess/ thanks on that.'

Claire turns to nod once to Alarac before looking back at Gerlaz . After releasing the back of the chair she moves from behind it to go stand next to Alarac and Imbria.

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, in a loud wheeze, 'I know we see each other a lot, but I'm real faithful to the client's requests, and this guy ain't wanted anyone who might look like they're all treasure hungry... and you lot're covered in treasures with questionable origins.'

Alarac says to Gerlaz in common 'Thank you for playing the messenger! I hope you are being compensated accordingly. I bet you get all sorts of foul mercenary-types through here!'

Gerlaz motions to ... pretty much all of Imbria.

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, as she crosses her arms, 'You know this mask was a /gift/ from my sister. A /lovely/ gift- and I have quite a few things from helping out the Tower /way back when/. too.'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Yup, and you guys talk about not-suspicious stuff upstairs and never ever have grown possible destructive weapons in my basement.'

Gerlaz snorts.

Gerlaz says to Alarac in common, in a loud wheeze, 'If you got info you want me to pass along to him, I can do that.'

Claire says to Alarac in common, her head tilting just slightly to the side, 'This is a matter that we would much rather like to handle in person, correct? Our reasoning for requesting Norvil's audience is valid.'

Alarac says in common 'There's nothing to be done until we have the information he has time for. Or something specific we need to ask him!'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Did you talk to him about the weak points?'

Alarac slants a shifty look from wall to wall of the bar.

Mob echo> The discordant knells of Darkwater Basilica toll the midnight hour.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, blinking, 'You were there the last time I spoke with him- was there a mention of weak points?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'No!'

Imbria thinks in common 'If it's this hard to help him, maybe I should just curry favour with the Coterie and give it all to them. But /island adventure/.'

Alarac says to Claire in common 'Did you speak to him recently at all?'

Claire says to Gerlaz in common, after looking between Alarac and Imbria, 'You are quite good at your job, but it is very likely that these "weak points" will remain weak points unless we can clear some things up.'

Gerlaz says to Claire in common, shaking his head, 'Nope, he said he done talked to ALL THREE of you already and sent you to do something.'

Gerlaz says to Claire in common, in a loud wheeze, 'So unless you're here to deliver, he don't want to talk to you again.'

Imbria says in common, slowly, '..Right. Well then.'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, thoughtfully, 'You're faithful to your clients above.. pretty much everything, right?'

Gerlaz says to Imbria in common, in a loud wheeze, 'It's dishonorable to take pay and then backstab the client.'

Imbria says to Gerlaz in common, bobbing her head, 'Right, right. Thanks- we'll get out of your hai- I mean horns, for now.'

Claire looks back to Alarac and shakers her head lightly to answer his question, looking up to Imbria and shifting a glance to Gerlaz.

Imbria says to Claire in common 'Do you have other things you want to say?'

Claire says to Imbria in common, with a shrug of her shoulders, 'I do not know how Norvil expects to get anything accomplished if this is how he wants to handle the situation.'

Imbria opens the door to the west.

Imbria says in common, after a short pause, 'So.. no. We'll go somewhere else to talk about this.'

Alarac says in common 'Good idea!'

Imbria leaves west.
Claire leaves west.
Alarac leaves west.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #31 on: June 15, 2014, 11:41:10 PM »
A couple of unaccounted for characters:

- Captain of the Nomicon: he sold his boat to Orvlin and snitched to Coterie to curry favor.  He's planning to get his boat back when the explorers are dealt with.
- Boatswain of the Nomicon: holds a grudge on the captain.  He disagreed about the sale and got thrown over, ball and chained, and drowned.

Known chars:
- Cisse: held captive with enbriun
- Orvlin: guarding the Nomicon.  Probably has molotovs since he's been palming booze from the bar.
- Karzt: presumably squirreled away somewhere guarding the Lynx.  Also was mentioned he has no family on the island, so might be willing to turn the Lynx in if Orvlin/Cisse are killed.

Other potential chars:
- Gerlaz: probably knows about the alcoholic guard or what the guard has told him, and will tell if paid.  Some loyalty to the Coterie since they saved his bar a long time ago.
- Various people around the pier: they've seen Orvlin when he sometimes comes off the Nomicon.

Actors at this time
Explorers
Cisse       Mobile #11408  [a wiry, brown-haired human woman]
Orvlin      Mobile #28009  [a short, fox-like male canidae]
Karzt       Uncreated

Coterie
Ricard      Mobile #111    [a thin, black-haired human man]
Szaloch     Mobile #4500   [a hooded dagahasi man with ember red eyes]
Skazzik     Mobile #122    [a muscular, red-eyed dagahasi male with black hair]
Korvil      Mobile #123    [a stout dagahasi male with cropped red hair]
Nisos       Mobile #124    [a hunchbacked dagahasi female with bright yellow eyes]
???         A lot of the Darkwater NPCs.

Nomicon Crew
Captain     Mobile #11355  [a dark, gaunt figure]
Boatswain    Mobile #11356  [a dark, hunched figure]
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Chirondin

  • Quiet as a Mouse
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #32 on: June 16, 2014, 12:20:23 AM »
A brief summary of my evening of interacting with Alarac (a log is forthcoming):

Alarac, dressed in the robes of a beggar, comes upon an imp shouting enchantments in Darkwater. He says he has a package to deliver for the Coterie's "Esteemed Guest" (i.e. Cisse). The imp, being of typical impish loyalty, provides one-time backdoor access into the Basilica on account of his earlier work with the Coterie in setting up the wards, in return for a promise of extremely potent spider venom from Alarac.

Alarac explores a little bit and figures out the general geography of the prison. Invisibly, he spies on Korvil, the dagahasi guard, who is complaining about the loneliness of guard duty. He becomes visible and is questioned at spearpoint by Korvil. He professes to be a pitiful, weak slave with a basket of soap to deliver to the Esteemed Guest. Korvil doesn't buy it, doesn't understand how he got in, and demands that he leave and bring the soap to Szaloch. He does, however, add that leaving the soap with Nisos is a bad idea, because she's usually drunk when she's off duty.

Alarac then departs.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #33 on: June 16, 2014, 01:19:26 AM »
Imbria and Alarac talk to Orvlin to tell him what they learned.

  • Orvlin says some people have come to try and blackmail him for a reward, but most were bluffing and some even had their feathers wrong.
  • Orvlin says there must be gold in the islands if there are golden doubloons like the one he gave to Imbria to show Cisse.  He reiterates that they have a map of some islands they've found and there are some with floating visardi, some with dangers, some with candy.
  • Orvlin wants them to scout out a path by foot.  He says they might have to walk out if there's powder everywhere and Karzt doesn't like portals anyways.
  • Orvlin wants to know if there's a way to get by the guards, how many there are, and how to get past them.  He also offers that Karzt could blast walls if it's easier.
  • Karzt is an impious clod.
  • Orvlin confirms that he has a lot of rum but it's ready to be set on fire and weaponized.
  • They decide they should find out who Nisos, the alcoholic dagahasi, is.
  • Orvlin asks if there's a way to put barrels of salt water around.  Alarac and Imbria say that they could pass it off as aquavit materials for Nisos.
  • Orvlin says they may need a disguise to get in.  Imbria offers to find him a large cloak.  He says Karzt probably won't need one since he looks like he's part troll.
  • Orvlin says he's been seeing a hooded figure outside that looks like the captain.  He's hoping the guy is a real man and not a specter trying to reclaim his boat.
  • The password for next time is "sunny morning day" and they are to pose as selling explosives to make watchers be afraid.  Orvlin says it may be better to write him letters too.

* Orvlin is hinting that the old boatman is trying to get his boat back.  He's probably watching and willing to report things to the Coterie.

=================

The End of the Pier [Room 11373]
The wooden dock ends here, a small wooden platform stretched out into the cold
water.  Two heavy pilings loom on either side of the sturdy raft, each worn
smooth from yars and years of ropes being coiled around them.  The planks
along the northern edge of this pier are withered and gray, as if they had
been exposed to far worse than salt water and sun.  An odd, musty scent hangs
in the air apparent even amidst the ocean breezes.  To the south, the dock
extends back to the main mass of the Central Pier.


[Exits: (north) south]
     The NOMICON, a pitch black funeral barge, bobs in the waves here.
     (Glowing) A large sign hangs from a one of the pier's wooden support posts.
(Translucent) Imbria is here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.


Imbria yells in common 'Hello! We're wishing to speak to someone on the Nomicon!'


Alarac yells in common 'Orvlin! Hello, we have URGENT BUSINESS to discuss!'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What do you want?  I don't want to buy any books about single canidae females!'

Alarac slants Imbria a curious look.

Imbria yells in common 'We're not selling books about single canidae females! Nor do we have single canidae females with us!'

Alarac yells in common 'Er, that is alright! It is about Esteemed Guests!'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What's so urgent then?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Maybe we should have brought some for good measure.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'Do /you/ know where to get some?'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Oh, do you want to work together to get the materials?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Of course not. Do I look like a canidae bachelor? Actually, I do not know any canidae bachelors.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'We have all the materials, though, right? Assuming he has soap!'

Imbria nods her head twice in rapid succession at Alarac.

Imbria says to Alarac in common '/And/ the information!'

Imbria yells in common 'We have those! We're here with information about important things!'

From the south, Brodim shouts in common 'The Royal Fisher leaves for the Port of Alandis in a few minutes.'

From the south, Brodim shouts in common 'All Aboard.'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Well, you better get on soon then!  I hope you aren't planning to turn all those things in!'

The hatch to the north opens.

Alarac looks at Imbria.

You now follow Imbria.

Alarac peers intently north.

Alarac leaves north.
Imbria leaves north.
The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck.


[Exits: east south west up]
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
(Translucent) Imbria is here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, by the hatch, crouched in a defensive stance.

A short, fox-like male canidae closes the hatch to the south.

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Why wouldn't we plan to turn them in!?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common 'Because then they'll do whatever horrible thing to Cisse with them!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, as she holds up both hands to show she's unarmed, 'If I was, I wouldn't be here at all!'

Alarac nods his head twice in rapid succession.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I don't know!  I had some people tell me they had all the things and were here for a better deal!  And if I couldn't give them one, they'd turn them in!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Oh. Did you stab them or blow them into the sea?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'A couple were bluffing, but they DID have the lying tongue!  I saw a white feather too, but it looked like a seagull feather and the poor man didn't know peacock from seagull, so I didn't say anything!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, thoughtfully, 'What better deal were they asking for?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Gold!  Treasure!  I think some were hinting at enslavement or some manner of servitude!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, meekly, 'But we don't have anymore!  We've spent everything we have but the statue.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, bobbing her head, 'They aren't satisfied for a chance at an amazing island adventure?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Well, if someone told you they might sell you out if you didn't give them something, would you give them something?'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, humming, 'Depends. Generally no, I wouldn't.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What if I gave them something and they sold me out anyways to get rewards from both sides?  A man like that isn't trustworthy at all!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Well, we are certainly not going to sell you out! Your offer is very exciting as it is!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Ah- but that's why your reward needs them to be trusting /you/ too!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Anyway, Alarac here has managed to sort of see Cisse! So he can tell you all about it!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We've got a map of some of the islands we've seen with just the Lynx!  There are deadly ones and ones full of candy and even floating visardi!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'If you upset the Coterie helping us, we can whisk you away for sure.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, his ears perking up, 'Oh, oh!  Does she want us to go without her?  Or rescueh er?'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, clapping her hands, 'What about gold? Are there ones filled with gold?'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I didn't get to talk to her! One of the people from Darkwater - the area she is being held in - lead me to a great big tower where I met a guard!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'There must be!  The bay is not flat though!  It is just bits of water somehow connected through mist!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, one eye squinting as he recalls, 'I asked him if I could give their Esteemed Guest something, and he told me to send it through somebody else. That sounds like affirmation that she is there, right?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Didn't I give you a gold coin to show to Cisse?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I don't know!  What if it has to be sent to someone else because she's not there?'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I wasn't /there/ with Alarac!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What?  Where did the gold coin go then?'

A short, fox-like male canidae looks at Alarac.

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'He said he wasn't expecting anything for "his guest". I think he would have pointed me to the right direction if I was far off.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Ah!  Then she's in the tower!  But you couldn't talk to her at all?'

Imbria utters the words, 'locate object'.

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'No! I smelled something very acrid behind the door.'

Imbria gets a golden doubloon imprinted with a crest from a rucksack made from the hide of a large white polar bear.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What?!  That sounds like they are doing something horrible already!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I still have it of course- I'm not going to sell off something like that, you know-'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, pointing excitedly at the coin, 'See?  That came from the bay!  You wanted to know if there was gold!'

Imbria nods her head twice in rapid succession at a short, fox-like male canidae.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'You have to rescue Cisse, don't you? Otherwise who's going to use the statue to direct the winds for sailing?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Karzt could!  He's not as good, but he's aching to go!  He's so bored right now, and unlike us, he doesn't even have family to worry about.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'If we could find a way in to Cisse by foot, in and out, that would be best!  If not, we'll have to start blasting walls!  And that might hit things that Claire lady doesn't want us hitting!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, slowly, 'Do you think we can find a way in by foot?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Karzt isn't about prayer or anything!  He doesn't even like gates, you see.  And I was thinking, if there's that white dust all over the place, we'd have to walk out anyways!'

A short, fox-like male canidae motions to the now clean deck.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'I got in through some magic that is undoubtedly beyond me! I suppose we could beat up a guard, but that place is so densely populated.'

Alarac mulls a bit.

The boat tilts to the left in the tide.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Do you know how many guards?  Could we bribe them?  Do you know when they change shifts and some people aren't watching?  Do you have a less untrustworthy dagahasi to pose as a guard for us?'

Imbria says to Alarac in common '..Was there the silvery powder all around the place?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'No! I don't think so..'

Alarac says in common 'Oh! Yes! The guard who breathed heavily said not to bring my deliver to Noses. Nisos? Nisos! Because she is always drunk. She is one of the guards there, presumably.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'We could try to get her key and maybe Gahr would be helpful in escorting us to Cisse.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What?  How do I know which is Noses?  Should I come with rum?  I got a lot of it from the bar already!  It's all ready to be set on fire though!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Good question. I didn't get a description of her... we would have to ask around first.'

Alarac says in common 'Or look for a very drunk, foul dagahasi guard woman.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Isn't that almost all of them?'

Imbria says in common, after a short pause, '..That /is/ all of them.'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Not all of them, no! Not always. Some stay sober long enough to burn things we love!'

Alarac nods sagely.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Yes, well!  We need a way in to her!  And then we need a way to off or bribe or displace the guards!  Or walls we can blast through!'

Alarac says in common 'Blasting tower walls sounds like a last resort, in case the whole thing comes down.'

Imbria says in common, thoughtfully, 'I can always see if I can charm one of them? But er- male guards better than female, really..'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, thoughtfully looking out the sea, 'Hey, hey!  I had another thought!  Could we find an excuse to leave barrels of salt water nearby?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'If we walk in and get doused in that powder, we could have a lot of trouble walking out!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, slowly, 'We could always say.. that it's going to be used in some kind of alcoholic drink?'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'If the Nisos likes aquavit, then that could be okay.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Ah!  A delivery for her!  That would ferret her out too!'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Can you make any saltwater drinks? That would be convenient, too!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'These are all good ideas!  I am glad you came to see me!  I was glad to hear that Claire met up with you!  I told her to find you and be sure you didn't turn all the things in!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, clasping his hands together, 'I will have to tell Karzt to just wait a little longer!  We have the plan almost set up!'

Imbria nods her head twice in rapid succession at a short, fox-like male canidae.

Imbria says to Alarac in common 'We should go scout out Darkwater some more, to see if there is a foot path. There has to be! And to find out which guard is Nisos and, and-'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'We would all have to get disguises!  Or get in somehow!  We could get past the big mean dagahasi priest, right?'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Disguises? Everybody there looks mostly normal. We could get hoods and wear something on our heads that look like horns poking up.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'We're going to er- try to avoid that guy altogether, I think.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, looking at himself, 'I bet there aren't a lot of canidae that look like me!  I will need an extra big cloak and hood.'

Imbria nods her head twice in rapid succession at a short, fox-like male canidae.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Karzt could fit right in!  He looks like some of his family was once trolls!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'He won't need much of a disguise!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I'll try to get that for you, if you need it.'

The boat tilts to the left in the tide.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'That would be good!  I keep looking outside and thinking there is a cloaked man like the one that owned this boat!  It's making me nervous about leaving!  I hope he was a real man and not a specter of some sort returned to claim his boat!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I think you can keep ghosts away with a pocket of salt. Or is that witches?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Natlen was very wise regarding ghosts and witches.'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, peering south, '..Right. Disguises for us and information and stuff! We'll come back when we have things!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Alarac in common, in a light, airy tone, 'He was a boat captain though!  He couldn't have been afraid of salt!  The sea is full of it!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Maybe that is why his boat is so sturdy. He never had to touch it!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I'll be here!  Just holler!  We should come up with a secret word!  And all you have to do is say it!'

Imbria says in common, as she tugs at the johgo, 'We'll get out of your hair- fur-'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Oh- good idea!'

Alarac says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'We could shout "ogre" but Kartz might think we want to talk to him specifically.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Karzt is not here!  He is off in the bushes!  He is probably biting the heads off of lizards now.  He is not very smart or civilized!'

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Or we could say that it's a sunny morning day! Even when it isn't!'

Alarac peers intently up.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Imbria in common, in a light, airy tone, 'You could say it's a sunny morning day!  And you're here to sell me explosives!  By the end of this, everyone will think we have tons of explosives!'

Alarac says in common 'Then they definitely won't want to bother you!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'That's all!  If you want, you can drop me a letter instead of talking!  I hope people don't see you here and think we're working together!'

Imbria nods her head twice in rapid succession at a short, fox-like male canidae.

Imbria says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common, holding up a finger, 'We'll be discreet!'

Alarac nods his head twice in rapid succession.

A short, fox-like male canidae opens the hatch to the south.

Alarac says in common 'That is our middle names.'

A short, fox-like male canidae peers out the hatch.

Alarac peers intently south.

A short, fox-like male canidae says in common, in a light, airy tone, 'The ghost man is not there!  You should sneak out!'

Imbria peers intently south.

Imbria leaves south.
The End of the Pier [Room 11373]
The wooden dock ends here, a small wooden platform stretched out into the cold
water.  Two heavy pilings loom on either side of the sturdy raft, each worn
smooth from yars and years of ropes being coiled around them.  The planks
along the northern edge of this pier are withered and gray, as if they had
been exposed to far worse than salt water and sun.  An odd, musty scent hangs
in the air apparent even amidst the ocean breezes.  To the south, the dock
extends back to the main mass of the Central Pier.


[Exits: north south]
     The NOMICON, a pitch black funeral barge, bobs in the waves here.
     (Glowing) A large sign hangs from a one of the pier's wooden support posts.
(Translucent) Imbria is here.
Alarac has arrived from the north.

Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #34 on: June 16, 2014, 06:04:56 PM »
Since I copyovered, I put all the mobs back, flagged them immune summon, and dressed them up.  The guards were randomly switched around a little.



Coin flips and dice rolls must occur in order.  If an action is taken and the scenario changes, then something is done to alert players.  Orvlin alerts all to search for Karzt.  Central pier complains about firefights.  That sort of thing.

Coterie Coin Flips:
1. Gain the tongue.
2. Gain the white feather. (1)
3. Gain the white feather. (2) (Need both in a row to acquire since it is more difficult.)
4. They've unsilenced Cisse.  Go to roll #2.

Coterie Early Action:
1. Roll 1d10, 10 = flip a coin for alternative #1 or alternative #2.

Alternative 1:
1. Enbriun drains Cisse's silencing spell and they learn the location of the Lynx.

Alternative 2:
1. They release Cisse and decide to stalk her back.

2. Roll 1d3, 3 = They go to acquire the Lynx.  Spend a few days with a crew visibly preparing to go and attack, or following Cisse down the road.  Give them 3-5 days of going down the road.
3. Roll 1d5, 3 or more = victory, 2 or less = go back to roll #2.

If Coterie is victorious, they acquire all 4 artifacts and the explorers are either killed or remain to be built into Alandis.  Their island home in Lesd'vha is destroyed by pirates, and they despise anyone who they know was helping the Coterie.



Explorer Coin Flips:
1. Learn Cisse's location. (sort of, Alarac said she was in the bell tower and they should be able to find her)
2. Learn a guard's weakness. (1/3) (Nisos drinks.)
3. Learn a guard's weakness. (2/3) (Korvil likes whores.)
4. Learn a guard's weakness. (3/3) (Skazzik fears cave fishers)
5. They've prepared enough.  Go to roll #2.

Explorer Early Action:
1. Roll 1d10, 10 = Explorers attack with information they know unless necromancer has Orvlin hostage.  Roll 1d5.  Chance of victory = number out of 4 coin flips they got.  Give them 3 days of fire and explosions in Seria where players can intervene.
2. If they fail, go back to #1 in 2 days.
3. If they succeed, they leave.

If explorers are victorious, they leave and go home.  Due to either Cisse saying to leave them or Cisse/Orvlin being left behind in some way, one of them will end up being built into Alandis as the leader of the explorer's guild.  The others go back and 50% rescue their island or 50% end up on a boat at sea with no home because it's been destroyed.



Alternate actions:
1. Roll 1d20, 20 = Karzt gets frustrated with waiting and starts to turn the Lynx in to the Coterie.  Give him a few days to dig it up and a few days to walk down the road to Seria.  Contingent on there not being other problems preventing him from digging the item up.  Coterie is victorious, and the explorers all remain in Alandis.  Their island is destroyed.

2. Roll 1d5, the old ship captain, who is a powerful necromancer, makes an attack on Orvlin.  Give them a few days of visible fighting for intervention.
Roll 1d10.  1 = Orvlin dies and Karzt turns the Lynx in.  Coterie wins.
                 2-5 = Orvlin fends him off.
                 6-9 = He chases Orvlin off.
                 10 = Orvlin kills him.
If either chases the other one off, the displaced one tries again from the start to gain the Nomicon.  Nomicon must be in the Explorer's possession to leave - Players can have option to help Orvlin gain it back if the Explorers are fixing to leave.

Ship captain has rolled an early action 7/5/2014.  He will be attacking Orvlin.  Roll for result if players don't intervene.

Ship captain chased Orvlin off on 8/1/2014.  Orvlin will be around the pier, looking for help.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #35 on: June 18, 2014, 10:09:12 PM »
Today:

Coterie fails to flip for the tongue.
Coterie fails to roll for an early action.

Explorers fail to flip for second guard's weakness.
Explorers fail to roll for an early action.

Karzt fails to roll for alternate action.
Ship captain fails to roll for attack on Orvlin.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Chirondin

  • Quiet as a Mouse
  • *
  • Posts: 2
  • Karma: +0
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2014, 08:03:03 AM »
Imbria questioned Nisos about her alcoholism (indirectly). The interrogation revealed that Nisos really wants some mushroom whiskey. She mentioned that her grandfather had a stash of it at their house in Cranezmore, on Escron, in the house marked with the mushroom on the door, but also suggested that a visardi brewer could probably brew up some. (The visardi in the bay straight-up brew mushroom liquor, which'd work if they tell Orvlin about it). Log posted here below the jump.


~~~~~~~~



A Corridor Lined With Arching Stained Glass Windows [Room 4519]
Rows of peaked glass windows sit high up on the eastern and western walls and
depict a skeletal knight riding through lushly vegetated locales. Multihued
rays shine through the stained glass to light the corridor with rainbow hues.
In the center of the passage sits a stone sarcophagus carved from white
marble. White candles burning with flickering flame dangle from the vaulted
ceiling on blacksteel sconces, shedding a pale glow on the onyx floor. A trio
of lancet arches leads north to the sanctum while a twisting set of stairs is
visible through a blocked doorway at the southern end of the corridor.


[Exits: north (south)]
A marble sarcophagus sits here with a carved knight sleeping on its lid.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
Nisos, a hunchbacked female dagahasi guard, glowers here.

Imbria waves a hand wildly at Nisos. She steps closer, skirting a marble sarcophagus.

Imbria says to Nisos in common 'Hello! I was wondering- is this whole guarding bit profitable?'

Nisos eyes Imbria with piggish suspicion. She adjusts her grip on a massive two-handed sword with a serrated edge. After a moment, she nods brusquely.

Imbria says to Nisos in common, cocking her head to the side, 'Like- enough so that you're okay with pretty much standing in front of that door all the time? 'Cause I've been around here a bit and I don't think I've seen a change of guard yet.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, like gravel rattling in a barrel, 'If you're thinking of bribing me, go ahead.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, with a snide smile, 'The Boss'll double whatever serious offer you make. If it's a good enough offer, the bonus'll be if I off you.'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, brightly, 'Whatever would you think that I'd want to bribe you with gold? /I'm/ the one that keeps all the gold- just curious if I should make guarding a side venture.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, chewing something before leaning to the side and spitting it out, 'Pay's good. Solid. Hard work. Long hours.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, getting a distant look in her dim eyes, 'Every once in awhile you get to skewer someone, though. The skewering is good stuff.'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, barely hiding her expression of disgust, 'Right! And have you say, had to skewer anyone lately? I'm more fond of blasting things myself but I don't have that lovely sword you wield, so.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, with a grunt, 'Last blood spilled was that damned imp that let the intruder in through the back. Door's been shut, imp's been dealt with.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, picking at her foetid teeth with a long talon, 'Quiet otherwise, except you. Lots of time alone.'

Nisos regards a brown lump of... something... on her talon. She sniffs it before her long tongue snakes out of her mouth and pulls the lump back into her mouth.

Nisos watches Imbria suspiciously, chewing thoughtfully.

Imbria says to Nisos in common, blinking, 'Ah. Do you like the time alone though? I'm more of a people person myself.. I mean, you seem like you'd be fun to have around in a bar.'

Nisos lets out a chuckle that, halfway through, turns into a hacking cough.

Nisos says to Imbria in common, like gravel rattling around a barrel, 'Ain't much for company, save the Dark Ones.'

Nisos runs her thumb-talon across her note in a reverent gesture, closing her eyes and looking down.

Nisos says to Imbria in common, eyes flicking back up, 'But as for a drink... nah. I don't think about that while I'm on duty.'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, with a shrug, 'I drink regularly with this one dagahasi- he's kind of fun? /Really/ fond of drinking-'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, humming, 'Why not? I mean, what's the point of getting gold if you can't think about how you're going to spend it after?'

Interest sparks briefly in Nisos's eyes before she quickly snuffs it out.

Imbria thinks in common 'Except to just /have/ it but well, dagahasi aren't going to be /that/ enlightened.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, that same look of porcine suspicion pushing out the brief flicker of interest, 'What's it to you what I want to spend my pay on?'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, shaking her head, 'Nono- I just mean that /I'd/ generally think about how I'd spend my gold if I was by myself and guarding a lot. Especially since you said you do kind of lack for company while you're on duty.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, squinting, 'You want to know what I'd spend my money on?'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, bobbing her head, 'I ask the other dagahasi I drink with these things too! It's like- how will I understand other races and have good mm, trades? with them, if I don't know how they spendt heir gold?'

Nisos glances to the north, then the south. She limps over to Imbria, leaning close. Her foul breath makes Imbria's eyes water.

Nisos whispers in Imbria's ear.
Nisos whispers in common to Imbria, like gravel rattling around a barrel, 'Mushroom whiskey. Can't find it. Coterie won't help me get drunk 'coz I'm a guard, but I'd give a month's pay for a goat's bladder filled with good mushroom whiskey.'

Imbria blinks then blinks again. She wrinkles her nose even as she stays still in the wake of Nisos's lack of attention to personal space.

Imbria whispers in Nisos's ear.
Imbria whispers in common to Nisos, lowering her voice, 'And where did you have this lovely drink before? Or was it mm- a home brew?'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, spitting again, this time without leaning off to the side, 'Great-grandfather used to brew it himself, in Cranezmore. Put away a healthy collection, under our old house.'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, with a slight wince, '..Oh, that- right. And did your house happen to be on uh.. Escron? ..Valgor?'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, picking at a loose scale on her arm, 'Escron. Place with the black door. Picture of a mushroom on it - he used to sell the booze, before he insulted Lord Graven..'

Nisos says in common, after a pause, 'Long-may-He-flay.. and it wasn't really an insult so much as..'

Nisos trails off. She seems to lose track of her place in the conversation for a moment before shaking her head briskly.

Nisos says in common, like gravel rattling around a barrel, 'Don't matter. Ishon took the whole city. It'd be suicidal to try to get in there.'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, with a weak laugh, 'Yeah- /suicidal/. Especially since the Nomicon is now- well. It'd certainly be a challenge, to say the least.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, hopefully, 'I hear visardi know how to brew it, though. Once this job is done, I'm going to try to find--'

Nisos cuts off suddenly, suspicion coming back all at once.

Nisos says to Imbria in common, repeating herself, 'And what's it to you, eh? You've loitered here long enough.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, rattling her sword, 'Maybe you should find someone else to bother.'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, perking up, 'Yeah? Well- I am actually really fond of alcohol myself. Would love to try new things, especially something that, from what /you've/ said, sounds amazingly good.'

Imbria makes her way north, again giving a marble sarcophagus a wide berth as she waves at Nisos.

Nisos says in common, like gravel rattling around a barrel, 'Damp and musty. Got a finish that stays with you for weeks.'

Nisos says in common, distantly, 'Never tasted anything with a body like that. I'd give my left arm.'

Nisos says in common, shaking her head quickly, 'Out!'

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #37 on: June 23, 2014, 11:21:30 PM »
Today:

Coterie fails to flip for the tongue.
Coterie fails to roll for an early action.

Explorers learn the second guard's weakness. (Korvil likes whores)
Explorers fail to roll for an early action.

Karzt fails to roll for alternate action.
Ship captain fails to roll for attack on Orvlin.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #38 on: June 28, 2014, 03:46:33 AM »
Talanael asks to talk to Gerlaz.  After some initial difficulties, Gerlaz directs him to Orvlin because he wants to do decent stuff and doesn't look like he's ever stolen a treasure at all.

Talanael then goes to talk to Orvlin on the boat. 
  • Orvlin catches him up on how Cisse is in Coterie hands.  He reiterates that she is in the tower and one of the guards, Nisos, likes drinking.
  • He also gives him the new information earned from coin flip, that the guard named Korvil likes prostitutes.
  • Orvlin says they just need to know the weakness of the third guard and then they will start moving in.
  • He sends Talanael to Imbria, Claire, and Alarac to share his information and tells him they can fill him in on disguises and salt water part of the plot.
  • As with Imbria/Alarac, Talanael was told to pose as an explosives seller next time he comes.
===================


The Battered Bar of the Manhunters [Room 814]
This cramped and stuffy bar is dimly-lit by the wide fireplace against the
southern wall.  Oaken floorboards covered in dents and scrapes form lines of
alternating dark and light wood across the floor.  Fading red paint that
borders on the brown of dried human blood covers the pitted and damaged walls
of the establishment.  Antique weapons, animal skins, and trophy heads clutter
the walls, adding an animal smell to that of stale ale.  A narrow staircase in
the northeast corner leads upward to the second floor, while the entrance of
the shop opens to South Street to the west.


[Exits: (west) (up) (down)]
     A pile of furs and skins lies against the north wall.
     Rickety wooden tables provide seating throughout the bar.
     The matted hide of a large brown bear stretches across the floor here.
(Red Aura) Terka perches atop the pile of furs here.
Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters', polishes mugs at the counter.


Talanael says to Gerlaz in common 'Excuse me goood sir, might I know where to find a....Mr. Gerlaz?'

Talanael checks his nots as he says the name.

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, raising his eyebrows, 'Mmm?  That's me.'

Gerlaz motions toward himself.
Gerlaz says in common, in a loud wheeze, 'I am known as Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters'.'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, giving the mug in his large hands a good polish, 'What can I do for ya?'

Gerlaz sets a mug down on the bar and bends to examine it.  It is quite evidently still very dirty, so he picks it up and continues working on it with a rag.

Talanael says to Gerlaz in common, clapping once, 'Excellent. I have heard on the winds that there is a fellow looking for some items?'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You talkin' about the ones who wanna find some items to force their "guest" to talk?  That's down the street.  They don't need no barkeeps to relay messages for them.'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Now, I do got the guy who was gathering people to gather items for the ones down the street.'

Gerlaz peers down at Talanael expectantly.  He makes the mug in his hands squeak with the polishing.

Talanael says in common, looking slightly confused, 'Which items are they still interested in then?'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Don't know.  The Coterie, that's them folks in Darkwater, probably doing slightly shady things with the items they're after.  I don't speak for them.'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You're in the wrong place if you're looking for Coterie.  If you're looking for "Norvli," the guy who was gathering adventurers to do the Coterie's job, you're in the right place.'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Now which one is it that you're after?'

Talanael says in common 'That's the name, Norvli.'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'So what's it you want with him?  He's a right suspicious guy, wants me screening his future partners and such.'

Talanael says to Gerlaz in common 'Suspicious you say? Is it more like a job you don't think decent folk like myself should be dealing with? I'd like to help, but the nature of this help has me wondering.'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Nope.  He wants people to work with him to find stuff for the Coterie so you can all be rewarded.  Or so he says.'

Gerlaz grunts.

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'So that means he don't want anyone who'll stab him in the back or cut his throat or steal his treasure and leave him with nothing.'

Talanael says in common 'Well if no one gets hurt and the pay is right...'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You still haven't told me what you want with "Norvli."'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, absently, as he peers at his dirty mug with one eye, 'Now, I ain't the sort to say anything bad about the Coterie, but decent folks don't like to work for 'em.'

Talanael says in common, shrugging nonchalantly, 'I just heard some gossip and wondered what the fuss was about. What does anyone else want with Mr. Norvil then?'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'He put out a notice.  Read that 'n then tell me what you want.'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You're a siriyu and I'm taurlok.  You probably read much better'n I do.'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You tell me what you want me to tell "Norvli."'

Talanael says in common 'If it's working for rotten people, could I do anything to mess them up inss.'

Talanael says in common 'Instead?'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You do understand, "Norvli" is looking for people to help him help the Coterie, right?  You want me to tell him "Can I mess up the people you want to help?"'

Talanael chuckoes quietly and shakes his head.

Gerlaz gives Talanael a very dubious look.  He makes the mug squeak, squeak, squeak loudly to fill his silence.

Talanael motions toward himself.
Talanael says in common, gesturing to himself, 'Tell Norvli, that a gentleman named Talanael might be interested in helping him.'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Right, and what sort of person is Talanael?'

Gerlaz peers at Talanael and looks him up and down.

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You like treasure?  You the sort to run off with valuable pieces?'

Talanael says in common 'I would take what I was allowed to, or for the greater good, but not just to be petty rat.'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, snorting, 'I don't think yer much good at running off with valuable pieces anyways, from what you're wearing.'

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'And you wanna be decent, right?  "Norvli," he was real particular that people who worked with him be good folks.'

Talanael glances down at his drags and nods sadly.

Talanael says in common 'Its a work in progress.'

Talanael says to Gerlaz in common 'Honest labor for honest pay, that works for me.'

The dirty mug in Gerlaz's hand is forgotten for a moment as he sticks out his hand toward Talanael.

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'One gold coin.  Then I'll tell ya where to talk to "Norvli" yerself.'

Talanael extends his own hand with a palmed coin, clasping Gerlaz's and leaving the coin with him.

Talanael gives Gerlaz some coins.

Gerlaz palms the coin and shifts his weight to shove it in a pocket before returning to his mug polishing.

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You can find "Norvli" at the Central Pier.  He's got a big black boat whose name begins with No-.  Go stand at the end o' the pier 'n yell for 'im.'

Talanael nods at Gerlaz.

Gerlaz says to Talanael in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Now, I ain't seen ya here for nothin' but a little drink.  Right?'

Gerlaz gives Terka a severe look as well.

Terka fluffs her feathers and looks away.

Talanael says in common 'Indeed, that was a good drink, I think I shall have another.'

Talanael smiles at Gerlaz.

Talanael says in common 'I suppose I will head on out, be well.'

Talanael waves.

Talanael opens the door to the west.

Talanael leaves west.


======================================

l
The End of the Pier [Room 11373]
The wooden dock ends here, a small wooden platform stretched out into the cold
water.  Two heavy pilings loom on either side of the sturdy raft, each worn
smooth from yars and years of ropes being coiled around them.  The planks
along the northern edge of this pier are withered and gray, as if they had
been exposed to far worse than salt water and sun.  An odd, musty scent hangs
in the air apparent even amidst the ocean breezes.  To the south, the dock
extends back to the main mass of the Central Pier.


[Exits: (north) south]
     The NOMICON, a pitch black funeral barge, bobs in the waves here.
     (Glowing) A large sign hangs from a one of the pier's wooden support posts.
(Golden Aura) Talanael is here.


Talanael yells in common 'Oh, Nooorrvlii.'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What is it?'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I have lots and lots of explosives!  I hope you're not that horrible hooded sea captain!  I already bought this boat from you!'

Talanael yells in common 'I'd borrow a minute with you if you have some to spare!'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What do you want?'

Talanael yells in common 'I hear you need some help.'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I do!  But I'm not letting you on with just vague words!  The last time that happened, a bunch of people told me I was going to die for not giving my things to them!'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'So WHAT DO YOU WANT?'

Talanael yells in common 'Well I certainly don't want your things. If you are looking for some honest folks to do some gathering for you, I might be interested.'

The wind kicks up a little over the water as dark clouds roll in from the sea.

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I'm not actually helping those Coterie!  They kidnapped my friend and captain!  Do you still want to help me get her back?'

Talanael yells in common 'Most certainly! That's terrible news indeed.'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'What's your guarantee you're not just saying this to get at me when I let you on my boat?'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I've got explosives, mind you!'

Talanael yells in common 'Well for one, You could most likely kick me ass left and right! For another well, you'll just have to trust me if you want my aid, right? I can list all my good deads but so could any lieing fellow.'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'And nobody's out there hiding under the pier or invisible next to you, right?'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'If there is, I'll have them know, invisible people can die from sword stabbings too!'

Talanael yells in common 'I wouldn't know!'

Talanael laughs.

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Well, stab around you or something so I can see that you're not hitting anyone.'

Talanael grandly thrusts and gashes, swings and parries, spinning about the dock in a display of fine dagger finesse. Surely anyone in the way would be bleeding at least a little bit.

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Right!  I'll open the hatch.  Don't let anyone on with you!'

The hatch to the north opens.

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Hurry up and get on!'


Talanael leaves north.
The Nomicon [Room 11376]
This narrow ship is more of an elaborate funeral barge.  The dark rails and
black deckboards give the entire vessel a somber air.  Somehow the faint
smells of dust and mildew smother the overwhelming scent of the sea.  At the
rear of the ship is a shadowy, covered area.  The threadbare black sail flaps
in the wind above the deck.


[Exits: east south west up]
     (Red Aura) A large coffin of polished braun has been chained before the mast.
(Golden Aura) Talanael is here.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, crouched by the hatch in a defensive pose.


A short, fox-like male canidae shoves the hatch closed behind Talanael.

A short, fox-like male canidae closes the hatch to the south.

Talanael bows deeply.

Talanael says in common, taking a breath after all the yelling, 'Hello.'

A short, fox-like male canidae regards Talanael curiously, then hops a distance away.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Right!  I'll have you know, my name's not Norvli!  I'm actually Orvlin!  And the letter I left with Gerlaz is a decoy!'

Talanael furrows his brow and ponders.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Surely you know why they've taken Cisse!'

Talanael says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Unfortunately not, I have only recently taken up adventuring you see.'

A short, fox-like male canidae scratches the back of his neck and sighs.

Talanael says in common 'Much of the gossip and rumors are yet for me to discover, but you know, that could be a good thing to.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Okay!  It's a long story!  But my band is from the Bay of Lesd'vha.  There's only three of us left now.  I'm Orvlin.  Cisse's the captain and she's been kidnapped by the Coterie.  And Karzt is the other one--he's watching our things elsewhere.'

Talanael nod, listening intently.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Turns out the Coterie got some artifacts stolen, and we ended up with one of them through a merchant!  It's a Lynx statue that generates wind.  The Coterie took Cisse hostage because they want it back!'

The boat tilts to the left in the tide.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'But you see, we can't give it back!  We need the statue to pilot this boat back into the bay!  The statue changed our lives and gave us the means to protect our island from pirates!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Karzt is watching the statue now!  So... our goal is to get Cisse out and then we'll take her, this boat, and the statue and go home!'

A short, fox-like male canidae cocks his head to the side.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Do you understand so far?  It is a very long story!'

Talanael says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I do understand. Do you have any plans so far? That I am mostly unknown around here could be useful, if I could be a sort of spy for you?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Well, this is what I know so far!  I know that they're keeping Cisse up in the bell tower of Darkwater Basilica!  And there are guards!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I think if we could figure out if the guards could be bribed and then find some disguises, we could get in and sneak her out!'

Talanael furrows his brow and ponders.

Talanael nods.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, holding up his fingers, 'One guard, she's named Nisos!  She likes alcohol!  A second guard, and this I just found out recently!  His name is Korvil, and he likes prostitutes!'

The boat rolls gently with the waves.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I think there is a third guard who is not Nisos or Korvil!  I am not sure how to bribe him yet!'

Talanael says in common 'Most men will do anything if the price is right, even a loyal guard.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'They'll recognize me, but if you could find out who the third guard is and if he has a weakness, then we could probably get to Cisse!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I had some other ideas too!  But I already told some other people!  Maybe you could work with them!'

A short, fox-like male canidae perks up.

The boat rolls gently with the waves.

Talanael says in common 'Ok, hmm. I could do that. Could you tell me, a description of who else is helping you?'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'There was a human woman named Imbria!  She was ghosty and had strawberry blond hair!  She was with a johgo named Alarac!  He was chubby and freckled!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'The two of them were very helpful!  They helped me clean all of that horrible magic-sucking powder off of this boat when I first got it!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'There was another human woman named Claire!  She had steel gray eyes and platinum blonde hair!  She joined up with Imbria and Alarac!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'You could probably write them a letter and tell them you want to help!  You can tell them that I already know two of the guards' weaknesses and we need the third guard's weakness!  And then the preparations!'

Talanael can be seen making a few notes while a short, fox-like male canidae speaks.

Talanael nods.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Ask them about the disguises and the salt water too!  It is all part of Preparations!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'If you try to gossip with the guards, you'll have to make up a reason why!  Don't get caught trying to pry!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Do you have any questions?'

Talanael says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Of course, they have enough reasons to be suspicious already.'

Talanael says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'I don't right now, but if you know what you need for some disguises already I could work on that.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Something to cover up!  Probably a hooded cloak!  So we can sneak in and look like worshipers instead of jailbreakers!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Whatever worshipers wear in the basilica!'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'I bet you could ask someone there what is customary dress!'

Talanael says in common 'Ok.'

Talanael nods.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'It'll help if you get in contact with Imbria, Alarac, or Claire!  And tell them what we talked about!  I haven't seen them in a while so I hope they're okay!'

A short, fox-like male canidae opens the hatch to the south.

A short, fox-like male canidae sticks his head out and looks left, right, up, down, and down the pier.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'And next time you come here, yell that you're here to sell me more explosives!  It'll be our "secret word!"'

Talanael says to a short, fox-like male canidae in common 'Don't worry, I am sure we will  get your sister back and get you on your way again.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'She's not my sister!  You weren't listening at all!'

Talanael says in common 'Captain.'

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'She's a human woman!  She's really wiry and weathered looking, like what a captain ought to look like!'

Talanael clears his throat.

A short, fox-like male canidae says to Talanael in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Right!  Come see me if you have an update!  When we're prepared, we'll move in!  We better hurry before Karzt gets impatient and starts blasting things!'

A short, fox-like male canidae grabs a hold of Talanael.
A short, fox-like male canidae manages to push Talanael south.
Talanael leaves south.
The End of the Pier [Room 11373]
The wooden dock ends here, a small wooden platform stretched out into the cold
water.  Two heavy pilings loom on either side of the sturdy raft, each worn
smooth from yars and years of ropes being coiled around them.  The planks
along the northern edge of this pier are withered and gray, as if they had
been exposed to far worse than salt water and sun.  An odd, musty scent hangs
in the air apparent even amidst the ocean breezes.  To the south, the dock
extends back to the main mass of the Central Pier.


[Exits: north south]
     The NOMICON, a pitch black funeral barge, bobs in the waves here.
     (Glowing) A large sign hangs from a one of the pier's wooden support posts.
(Golden Aura) Talanael is here.

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Thanks for the explosives!'

The hatch to the north closes.

Talanael yells in common 'You're welcome!'

Talanael prays for transportation!
Talanael begins to disappear in a whorl of purple light.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #39 on: June 28, 2014, 04:19:45 AM »
------------------------------------
Number: 104
To: Iskvarren
From: Imbria
Date: Sat Jun 28 04:13:18 2014
Re: *a sheet of unbleached paper appears from a swirl of wind*
------------------------------------
Norvli:

Hello! This is Imbria, the human lady with strawberry blonde hair and
maledrite armor. Just as an update- I talked to Nisos, a hunchbacked female
dagahasi that's guarding the western door that probably leads to Cisse. She
does have a drinking problem and most wants some kind of mushroom vodka that
/she/ says can be found in Cranezmore, buried under a house with a mushroom
painted on its door, on Escron.

We'll be trying to find out the details of the vice of Korvil, the guard who
likes prostitutes, as well as somehow getting to the third guard so we can
chat him up too.

------------------------------------


------------------------------------
Number: 105
To: Imbria
From: Iskvarren
Date: Sat Jun 28 04:18:56 2014
Re: *a sheet of paper ripped from a book*
------------------------------------
I am not sure what you are talking about at all and I am CERTAIN THAT NOBODY
INTERCEPTING THIS WOULD UNDERSTAND EITHER. 
 
I most certainly do not know who you are either. 
 
I do know of visardi in a certain foggy Bay that brew a certain type of
mushroom vodka!  It may not be the sort that is in Cranezmore, but we may
still have a bottle or two among our supplies...  K would know. 
 
I heard that stout men with cropped red hair like prostitutes!  I don't know
what kind! 
 
Nobody
Of
Remotely
Villainous or
Lasting
Interest

------------------------------------
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #40 on: June 28, 2014, 09:05:57 PM »
Daslor opts to talk to two citizens in Darkwater.

  • Citizen #1 basically tells him to stay out of Darkwater if he doesn't want to get caught in anything dangerous.
  • Citizen #1 drops that they'd just gotten clean water.  Daslor tells him water is easy to get and he could have gotten it.  Citizen #1 tells him to gtfo then.
  • Daslor smirks and says he's not leaving until he gets what he wants.
  • Citizen #1 tells Daslor being in Darkwater means people have seen him snooping, gets mad, and leaves.
  • Daslor asks Citizen #2 some unrelated things, such as: when Darkwater is going to be completed, the buildings are for, Cranezmore, being interested in Darkwater, visiting shops when they open.
  • Citizen #2 mentions that they match construction with the alignment of the stars for some magic thing, and buildings are shops or dwellings and tents are attractions.
  • Citizen #2 gets impatient a lot.
  • Daslor finally mentions stolen artifacts.  Citizen #2 says he heard some sailors got it.  Daslor tries to get more info, and Citizen #2 says he doesn't know everything because the Coterie are working on it.
  • Citizen #2 mentions the letter by the Coterie and sends Daslor to the basilica.
  • Daslor talks to Szaloch, who asks if he's there to answer the letter asking for items.
  • Daslor says he's there to get the artifact back.
  • Szaloch, knowing it's not that easy to just get it back, says the things he deals with are prayer, healing, or answering the letter, and if he's not after those, he probably shouldn't be there.
  • Daslor shrugs and leaves.
Daslor decides to talk to Gerlaz next.
  • Gerlaz says Daslor's got to work uphill because he's a felis.  Norvli doesn't like felis, dagahasi, treasure hunters, thieves, or bounty hunters.
  • Daslor asks why Norvli wants the things, and Gerlaz lectures him on the concept of bounty hunting.
  • Daslor promises Gerlaz he's not going to hurt Norvli, but tells Gerlaz he likes treasure.  Gerlaz says that's a bad thing because he already said Norvli didn't like treasure hunters.
  • Daslor then says the guest was kidnapped, but is firm that the Coterie did the right thing since the guest's friends stole their artifact.
  • Gerlaz asks if he would ever change his mind given a good reason.  Daslor says no.  Gerlaz says Norvli won't want to meet with him then.
  • Daslor stalks off saying that he doesn't need them and he'll just get the items himself.
Talanael asks Dizan about mushroom liquor.  Dizan says he might have read a book a long time ago and it mentioned it being made on a distant island somewhere.

==============

A Mosaic of Razorvine-Choked River at Darkwater Borough's South Gate [Room 4539]
Red paper lanterns sway from the top of an immense blacksteel gate that marks
the entrance of Darkwater Borough.  The bloody glow gleams off square tiles
inlaid as a mosaic on the ground depicting a murky river choked by swathes of
razorvine coiling around ivory bones.  Golden-paned oil lamps hang from poles
along the sides of the road, shedding flickering light over the gaping maws of
snarling, monstrous faces carved from the wood.  A gray stone wall rises to
the west while the wooden back of a building blocks the east.  Fellbrine Way
stretches north while Southwall Road lies beyond the gate to the south.


[Exits: north south]
Daslor is here.
A tall, sunburned male human walks nervously here.


Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common 'Hello, human.'

Daslor watches a tall, sunburned male human carefully.

A tall, sunburned male human shoots a look at Daslor and moves as if to scoot away from him.

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common 'Hold it.'

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common 'I am not an enemy.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, halting and calling over his shoulder, 'What?  You aren't any peacekeeper either.'

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common 'I know. I've heard rumors of something arrising that could be dangerous. Now, I do not care nor do I wish to try and stop it. I just wish to know what's coming so that I can stay away from it.'

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common 'I was wondering if you have over heard anything.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'Have I heard anything about anything "dangerous?"'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, pointing south, 'I heard it's going to flood.  It's been "going to flood" for years.'

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common 'Any Dangerous that the Coterie may be cooking up. It wouldn't be the first time they've.... been up to something.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'Stay out of Darkwater if you want to stay away from them.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'Snooping around here's a good way to end up in something dangerous.'

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common 'That is not a problem, but they won't keep them dangers within Darkwater.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'Coterie's business is their own.  They're not sharing with the rest of you lot.  We just got clean water that didn't taste like sewer a few months ago.'

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common 'If any would have just asked, I am sure I could have gotten you some water long before that.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'This is the purest water around for hundreds of miles.  It's not some "spring water" you scraped out of a rock.  Don't be a fool.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'Nobody's asking you to appreciate what the Coterie have done for this place.  If you don't like it, get out.'

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common, smirking, 'For a man pacing around so nervously, you are quite a bold one. But, I am not leaving until I get what I have came for.'

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common, glancing around the area, 'I never said I didn't appreciate it. They have built this place as there own. I can respect that.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'You walked into Darkwater, then you've been seen.  The Coterie will know you've been here and snooping around, asking questions you shouldn't've.'

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common 'Well, if I was to snoop around unseen, wouldn't that raise more suspicions?'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'They're always doing dangerous things.  The artifacts that were stolen, they've recovered three of them.  That's how we have pure, clean water, pure fertile soil, and pure, warm fire.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'I'm not going to hang around and argue with a dumb felis who smirks at me like he's better than us.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'Go bugger off if you're going to do that.'

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common 'I am not better then you, nor am I better then any human or any other race in these lands..'

Daslor says in common, looking at nothing inparticular, 'Except the canidae, of course.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'That expression on your face?  It's called a damned "smirk".  It's what people do when they're being assholes thinking they're superior to the person they're talking to.'

Daslor says to a tall, sunburned male human in common 'In your experience maybe. But, that smirk was not intended that way.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'Now, I'm not going to be seen associating with you if you're going to come here asking what sorts of dangerous things the Coterie's done.'

A tall, sunburned male human says to Daslor in common, grumpily, 'ALL smirks are intended that way.  If you've got face cramps, go to the damned temple.'

A tall, sunburned male human leaves south.

===========


Before the Hostel Intent on Blackwood Boardwalk [Room 4507]
A small wooden bridge leads from the boardwalk to the double doors of the
hostel to the south.  The spicy scent of scarlet chrysanthemums drifts from
pots that bracket the doors.  Black paper lanterns strung between two poles
light the entrance and the front step of the hostel.  The silvery iron frames
of the eye-shaped windows stand out in sharp contrast to the smooth blackwood
planks used to make the building.  To the north, brightly colored tents line
the street in front of a manor house, while the boardwalk continues to the
east and west.


[Exits: north east (south) west]
A dark-skinned, red-haired female human walks nervously here.
A black, blue-eyed male human walks nervously here.
Daslor is here.
A brown-haired, brown-eyed male human wanders here.
Mulley capers about with wild abandon.


Daslor has arrived from the east.

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'Hello there.'

A sunburned male human with black hair looks at Daslor briefly, his expression unamused.

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common, glancing around the area, 'I've a question, do you have an idea of when Darkwater's construction will be completed?'

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'I am sure there is a due date for such a task. Or an estimated date for such to be completed.'

A dark-skinned female human with red hair has arrived from the east.

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslorin common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'Probably a while.  They're being really particular that everything's in the right place.  I've heard they even watch the cycles of the stars and moons to be sure they're building things at the right time.'

A dark-skinned female human with red hair leaves east.

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslorin common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'Years down the line.'

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common, questioning, 'Cycles of the stars? What does that have to do with building stuff? I apologize if my knowledge in construction is slim to none. But I always thought there were blueprints and plans they work off of.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslorin common, shrugging, 'It's something to do with cycles of power.  A lot of the buildings here have magic built into them to make them stronger... and some of that magic works better when the stars are aligned for it.  I'm no expert.'

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common, smiling, 'You seem to know more then me on the subject. Perhaps if it isn't any trouble, you can tell me what the buildings are for. Are they going to be shops? Or perhaps a laboratory for others to work in and do magic and stuff?'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'Um.  Some of them are shops.  The big building's a basilica-- that's a place where people worship.'

A sunburned male human with black hair pauses for a moment.

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'I assume Serians were never as pious as Cranezmorians were.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'The tents are attractions and shops.'

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'Oh. I've had the pleasure of visiting where they are building that. And that is not true, I knew a many of Serians whom were the most pious I have met.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'Magic is wed to faith and faith is wed to daily life for us.  You wouldn't understand.'

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'Perhaps not, I am not a magical man.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'Heretical Serians have been trying to break into Cranezmore for hundreds of years before the forest took over.'

A dark-skinned female human with red hair has arrived from the east.

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'Yes, I have heard much about that. Actually, some had trouble breaking through the gate.'

A black-haired, blue-eyed male human has arrived from the east.

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'It is a shame that Cranezmore was overran by the forest. It's a place I would have wanted to visit. I've heard many stories.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'I'm not a tour guide or whatever.  I don't even know you and I don't feel like standing around gossiping with you.'

Gerlaz says incommon, in a fluctuating tenor, 'We're not attractions to gawk at-- not until the tents open shop, at least.'

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'I'd have thought that you would be happy someone is interested in what is coming here.'

A fair-skinned female human with red hair leaves east.

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'No, we don't need you or your "interest."'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'We want you all to leave us alone.  You've given Cranezmore enough attention for centuries.'

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'I wanted to be the first to perhaps visit one of these said shops, perhaps in the near future open one here, if it would be allowed.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, shrugging, 'Sure.  Whatever.  It's not my shop.'

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'Anyhow, I spoke with one other and they mentioned something about stolen artifacts, they've collected three and are still in search of another. Are you any closer to finding that artifact? If not, perhaps I can be of assistance in finding it.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'I heard they've almost retrieved it.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'Buncha sailors or something bought it from a thief and think it's theirs now.'

The sun slowly disappears in the west.

Daslor says to a black-haired, blue-eyed male human in common 'Hrm. You know where they are located? I could try and see if I could find out where they have stashed it. As I am sure they are not holding it in the open.'

Daslor says to a black-haired, blue-eyed male human in common 'They know that you all are looking for it, they don't know I am.'

A black-haired, blue-eyed male human stares at Daslor.

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'They know that you all are looking for it, they don't know I am.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'Probably some pier.  Wherever sailors go.'

Daslor nods.

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'Perhaps, if you don't mind. Could you perhaps tell me what these sailors look like?'

A sunburned male human with black hair shrugs.

Daslor says in common 'Perhaps a specific scar, or tattoo on there person.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'Why do you think I'd be an expert in everything related to who stole the Coterie's stuff?'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'You think the Coterie puts out news letters announcing every little development?'

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'I don't think you are, you so far seem to be one of the only ones around here. I just haven't met anyone who was willing to talk. And you never know what information someone has until you ask.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'Well, if you're just walking around asking people random stuff, then bugger off.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'Last announcement the Coterie put out was asking for a bunch of items.  They've got a guest or something who's mute and they want to cure her mutism.'

Daslor says to a scrawny, maroon-skinned male imp in common 'Am not asking people random stuff, just things that I think perhaps I could help with. Like with opening a shop here, it could help the Darkwater Revenue, and the Artifact.'

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'I am not asking people random stuff, just things that I think perhaps I could help with. Like with opening a shop here, it could help the Darkwater Revenue, and the Artifact.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'We don't want you and your lot opening shops here.'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'You've got the whole rest of Seria.  The Coterie bought this place and it's ours.'

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'Alright, then I can still assist in finding the artifact, perhaps you know of something who can give me more details?'

A sunburned male human with black hair says to Daslor in common, in a fluctuating tenor, 'Probably the basilica.  I'm just a random citizen.'

Daslor nods.

Daslor says to a sunburned male human with black hair in common 'Thank you, sir.'

Daslor leaves east.

=========


The Northern End of the Stained Glass Atrium [Room 4520]
Paper lanterns painted with an open eye motif hang strung across the high
vaulted ceiling of the atrium.  They cast reddish light and slit-pupiled
shadows onto the smooth, shining black floor below.  Tall arches of gray stone
form the walls to the east and west where parallel series of stained glass
windows glare at each other across the room.  Hazy clouds of sandalwood
scented smoke rise from burning sticks of incense tucked in niches along the
walls and hang, oily and thick, in the air.  The atrium stretches to the south
while an arched doorway to the north leads to the basilica's inner chambers.


[Exits: north south]
     A ring of white-cushioned prayer mats rests on the glassy floor.
Daslor is here.
Szaloch chants prayers in a low, droning rasp.

Daslor looks at Szaloch.

Daslor says to Szaloch in common 'Hello.'

Szaloch says to Daslor in common 'Greetings.  Are you here to answer our missive?'

Daslor says to Szaloch in common 'Not exactly, I was speaking with a human, sunburned. He gave me some information and told me to come speak with someone at the Basilica.'

Daslor says to Szaloch in common 'And as you are the first I've seen, I figured I would ask you.'

Szaloch says to Daslor in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I am the priest of this temple at this time.  You are either here to pray, to be healed, or to answer our request for items.'

Daslor says to Szaloch in common 'I am here to help retrieve the last artifact that was stolen from ya'll.'

Szaloch says to Daslor in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'If you do not want one of those things, then I advise that you leave.'

Daslor shrugs.

Daslor leaves north.


==========


The Battered Bar of the Manhunters [Room 814]
This cramped and stuffy bar is dimly-lit by the wide fireplace against the
southern wall.  Oaken floorboards covered in dents and scrapes form lines of
alternating dark and light wood across the floor.  Fading red paint that
borders on the brown of dried human blood covers the pitted and damaged walls
of the establishment.  Antique weapons, animal skins, and trophy heads clutter
the walls, adding an animal smell to that of stale ale.  A narrow staircase in
the northeast corner leads upward to the second floor, while the entrance of
the shop opens to South Street to the west.


[Exits: (west) (up) (down)]
     A pile of furs and skins lies against the north wall.
     Rickety wooden tables provide seating throughout the bar.
     The matted hide of a large brown bear stretches across the floor here.
Daslor is here.
Terka perches atop the pile of furs here.
Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters', polishes mugs at the counter.


Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'Greetings, I've heard that you are looking for the same items that the Coterie are looking for. I've heard there reasonings, perhaps you can enlighten me on yours?'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, blearily, 'What?  No.  I'm not some bounty hunter.'

Gerlaz motions towards himself.
Gerlaz says incommon, in a loud wheeze, 'I am known as Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters'.'

Gerlaz grunts.

Gerlaz says to Daslor in common, in a loud wheeze, 'I'm happy with this shop.  Sure, the Coterie helped me out a bit years ago when I was down on my luck.  I'm not after treasure anymore.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'A letter was sent out saying to come to you. Perhaps you can tell me what it is that I should come to you for. Something about sending me to the right place?'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Well, what'd the letter say?'

Daslor begins to dig through a rucksack made from the hide of a giant warty swamp toad.

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You're the second person in a row who hasn't even read the letter and come here harassin' me about it.'

Gerlaz says incommon, in a loud wheeze, 'If you'd read it, you'd know I ain't the one lookin' for stuff.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, crossly, 'I'm no fella named "Norvli," if it helps.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common, still digging into the rucksack, 'Of course, just give me a moment.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'Ahh, yes. It says to leave a message, well, it is obvious I am interested.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Figured out what you're looking for then?'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Now I gotta tell ya, Norvli ain't interested in a lotta folks.'

Gerlaz says incommon, counting on his fingers, 'Felis.  Dagahasi.  Treasure hunters.  Thieves.  Bounty hunters.  Hmmm... think that's it, I don't got no more fingers.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Seein' as yer felis, you better got something real good to say to 'im.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'That is a shame, but, I wish to tell him that I am working hard on gathering those items. The ones that he claims are very important and expensive. But first, I wish to know why he is in need of these things.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Ain't you read the Coterie notice?  They're asking for items and paying.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'He's gathering items to get paid.  Lookin' for folks to help out.  Preferably decent folks.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, exasperated, 'Ain't ya ever heard of bounty huntin'?  The Coterie wants those things, and they're offerin' a bounty.  Norvli's lookin' fer folks to help him get those items and then y'all split that bounty.'

Daslor nods.

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'And them Coterie spelled out why they want those things already.  They got a guest what can't speak, and they're gonna use those things to cure her.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'A guest? Hrm. That's not exactly true. It wasn't there guest's decision to be there.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'I've got information that the guest was kidnapped. Taken.'

Gerlaz shrugs.

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Ain't my job.  I'm just here to pass on messages to Norvli.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'Alright, well let him know that Daslor is willing to help with this... "bounty".'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'He don't like felises at all.  Said something 'bout the last felis tryin' to kill him and all his men.'

The door to the west opens.

Talanael has arrived from the west.

Talanael looks at Gerlaz.

Gerlaz looks to Talanael and then turns his attention to scrubbing a mug.

Talanael looks at Daslor.

Talanael waves.

Talanael leaves west.

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'I can assure you that I am not here to hurt him.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Shut that door, can ya?'

Daslor closes the door to the west.

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You like treasure?'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common, nodding, 'Not a problem, and yes, I do.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'That's definitely a mark against ya.  He said he don't want no thieves nor folks what might like treasure enough to run off with it.'

From the west, Yukawl yells in common, in a high-pitched screech, 'You frippin' idiot, I'll find my crystal and reverse your damn bearding spell!'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You Coterie?'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'Treasure can be several different things to people. A simple coin can be treasure to some.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'No. I am not.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, snappishly, 'Oh, can it.  I ain't here to discuss what's treasure.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'I apologize if I got off track. but, No, I am not Coterie.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'But you wanna help the Coterie?'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'I want to do what is right. No matter what they've done wrong in the past, they've done nothing wrong now. Something was stolen from them, they need help to get it back. It seems that all the help they need is gathering these items.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'But I thought you said they kidnapped a guest.  You ain't real solid on your grasp of what's "right", are ya?'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'Yes, they did. They kidnapped the guest because it is the captain of the ones who stole the artifact.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'Not helping would in turn be helping the thieves.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'So there ain't no reason it could ever be that the ones with the artifact shouldn't have to give it back, right?'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'That is there choice, I do not justify the Coterie's actions as I don't know if they're telling the whole truth. But at the same time, those with the artifact now, they could tell us lies aswell. It is a decision I am sticking with.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'You ain't answered my question.  I asked if ya'd ever change yer mind for any reason, or if yer convinced the Coterie done right this time since it were injustice against 'em.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'I believe they have done right, my mind likely won't be changed.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, nodding with a huff, 'Right-o then.  I've made my decision.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'They've done within there power what they can do without just killing them and taking the artifact that way.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Norvli ain't gonna wanna see ya.  Yer a felis what likes treasure with such a black 'n white sense of right 'n wrong that you can't be decent folk.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Two sides to every story, lad.  But Norvli told me, he ain't wanna see nobody what can't realize that.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'Two sides to every story. They are exactly that... Stories..'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'That don't mean nothin'.  I ain't afraid o' yer posturin'.'

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'No one truely knows how everything went down, except the parties involved.'

Gerlaz says to Daslor  in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Don't care, I ain't listenin' no more to this.'

Daslor shrugs.

Gerlaz turns and starts wiping his shotglasses, making them squeal loudly.

Daslor opens the door to the west.

Daslor says to Gerlaz in common 'Then obviously you nor Norvli will be of any assistance to me. I will gather the items myself and take all of the earnings.'

Daslor waves.

Daslor leaves west.

The door to the west closes.


========

A Forest of Precariously Stacked Books [Room 1300]
Books pile here in precarious, wobbling pillars.  Books and scrolls cover much
of the floor, concealing the floorboards.  The gray stone walls curve to form
a soft corner as they head upward toward the domed ceiling, revealing views of
South Mang Street and East Street.  Wooden buttresses seared with words in
many languages crisscross high up, providing support.  Blue and gold drapes
frame the tall windows that stretch from floor to ceiling.  A low wooden
barrier separates this area from the foyer to the south, while the bookshelves
of the library proper continue to the east. 


[Exits: east]
     (Glowing) Clusters of white orbs hover high above, illuminating the area.
     A little desk of polished blackwood is buried under books and paper here.
     A small, rectangular book lies here, bound in wrinkled brown leather.
(Golden Aura) Talanael is here.
Dizan, the Head Librarian, sorts through the stacks of books.


Talanael says to Dizan in common, in hushed tones, 'Excuse me, most esteemed and wisest of all visardi...'

Dizan says to Talanael in common, in a hushed voice, 'Ha.  Flatterer.  You looking for a book?'

Talanael says to Dizan in common, in hushed tones, 'Yes, exactly! How did you know? I have.heard about a fantastic drink. I'm a bit of a.conniseur you know...It was something like...mushroom vodka? Very old I'm told. Would you know about it?'

Talanael says to Dizan in common, in hushed tones, 'Maybe...an old recipie book of no longer made mixes?'

Dizan says to Talanael in common, his throat puffing out as he thinks, 'Hmm. I probably have read a book about it.  I don't remember!  It was likely very old and crumbly.'

Talanael shrugs nonchalantly.

Talanael says to Dizan in common, in  hushed tones, 'I see, would such a remarkable memory as yours, recall much about it?'

Dizan says to Talanael in common, in a hushed voice, 'I think they made some on some distant island before!  Sorry, that's all I remember.'

Talanael says to Dizan in common, in hushed tones, 'I see. Well thank you for your time, I much appreciate it.'

Dizan nods and nods, glurping.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #41 on: June 28, 2014, 11:00:00 PM »
Imbria asked Feyza to help her go into Cranezmore for the mushroom liquor.  Escron wasn't a residential zone, so I put them in a house on Valgor one block down.

She was given 13 jugs of the liquor and all but two are rancid.  She didn't notice since the first one was good and then took them all.

She later discovered that there were bad ones when forcing Feyza to drink with her.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #42 on: June 29, 2014, 06:54:39 PM »
Varlo talked to Szaloch about the artifact and the hostage.
  • Szaloch says they want the artifact back since it was stolen from them.  It is probably buried somewhere in Haphen.
  • Szaloch says the hostage knows where the artifact is but has been stricken by one of her own silencing spells.  If they recover the artifact, they will release the guest unharmed.
  • Varlo doesn't trust Szaloch's word.  Szaloch says he'll swear it on the name of any god he wants, but Varlo doesn't require him to.


====


The Northern End of the Stained Glass Atrium [Room 4520]
Paper lanterns painted with an open eye motif hang strung across the high
vaulted ceiling of the atrium.  They cast reddish light and slit-pupiled
shadows onto the smooth, shining black floor below.  Tall arches of gray stone
form the walls to the east and west where parallel series of stained glass
windows glare at each other across the room.  Hazy clouds of sandalwood
scented smoke rise from burning sticks of incense tucked in niches along the
walls and hang, oily and thick, in the air.  The atrium stretches to the south
while an arched doorway to the north leads to the basilica's inner chambers.


[Exits: north south]
     A ring of white-cushioned prayer mats rests on the glassy floor.
(Golden Aura) Varlo, Champion of the Crusade is here.
(Red Aura) Szaloch chants prayers in a low, droning rasp.

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, lifting a hand in greeting, 'Oy there, dagahasi. I be hearin' a rumor that this be a drop off spot for Coterie wares. There be any truths to this?'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, raising a brow, '"Coterie wares?"  No.  Shipments do not come to the basilica unless they were purchased for use here.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, stroking his beard, 'Hrmm.. My mistake then. Don't s'pose ye know where I could find one of those fellas to talk to about the artifact that they be lookin' for?'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The artifact matter is already handled, more or less.  We do not believe others can obtain it any more easily than we can.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'And if it had already been obtained?'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'It has not.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'I be hearin' that the one ye be lookin' for be in Haphen, in that bay that used to be the siriyu city, aye?'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'No.  It has left the bay now and remains in hiding somewhere in the great continent of Haphen.  Presumably buried to hide its powers of wind.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Any ideas on who took it from the Bay?'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We know.  However, it is not useful to capture them.  They are a group, and those of them that remain visible do not have the artifact on their person.'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'However, if you are here to answer our call for materials, it would assist us greatly in its... recovery.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'I figure that the materials be easy enough to obtain, but there be the matter o' payment and unfortunately for the Coterie, I don't be interested in gold. I understand it that they do be in possession o' somethin' I do want, though.'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Oh?'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Aye. It be a thing o' flesh and blood. Captain o' a ship, mute.'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Ah, our guest.  Although she is a mage and not quite "mute".'

Szaloch grins mirthlessly, baring a mouthful of pointed teeth.

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'I be afraid that the information that I have been told is a little off, so I apologize for what must seem ignorant.'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'It seems one of her little silencing spells has gotten the better of her.'

Szaloch says to himself in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I will tell you this then.  If the artifact that was stolen from us is returned, the Coterie has no issue with releasing the guest to be cured by another.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'What do the two have to do with one another?'

Mob echo> The bell atop the Serian Temple chimes the noon hour.

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'She knows where the artifact is being hidden.'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The Coterie would like nothing more than to be done with her and her band.  All we ask is that what is rightfully ours be returned.'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'You recall that they were stolen by lythren after we purchased them.  The faithless things, stealing from the basilica for gold.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'From what I understand of the Coterie, ye lot are a business and extra sort. With this in mind, I would like to propose that I ought to be able to inspect what be comin' to me before makin' a purchase.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'If ye have ever done business with a grothtalian, ye ought to expect this sort o' thing. We don't be the sort to come up short in a business transaction.'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The guest is well and unharmed, save for the voice.  This, I swear as truth.  However, we will not open her chambers to the public.  There have been some incidents.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Incidents?'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The matter has been dealt with.'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Not all who come to the basilica come as friend.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'Do not mistake me own visit as a friendly one. I have no interest in bein' sucked in to the pocket o' the Coterie.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'However.. With that bein' said, ye can trust that I be at least cordial while I be here.'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'And that is why we will not show you the guest.  But once the artifact is back in our possession, she will be released.'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Well, alive, fed, hale, hearty, uninjured, uncursed, without poison or ailment... whatever you want to add except for the voice.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'I s'pose that I am supposed to just take ye word for it as well?'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I will not hesitate to swear that on the name of any deity you wish.  This is a church after all, and Cranezmore is not ignorant of the gods.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'I don't be thinkin' that necessary. I think that be all I be needin' from ye.'

Szaloch says to Varlo in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'The Coterie is working toward the recovery of the artifact.  We would not want to keep our guest longer than she ought to remain.'

Varlo says to Szaloch in common, in a bellowing voice, 'S'pose we will see what the cards have in store for us, aye? Good day.'

Varlo leaves south.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2014, 07:11:55 PM »
Varlo talks to Harban, who fills him in on Orvlin being squirreled away in his boat.  He drops the hint that Orvlin used to sneak drinks for ammunition and that he thinks Orvlin is a good guy.  Varlo didn't pursue further testimony from Harban.

===============================


The Gutted Fish Tavern [Room 30005]
The plank walls of this bar have been painted brown and lined with thin strips
of mahogany, an attempt to create a more sophisticated atmosphere for
travellers.  To the immediate right of the entrance stands a small stage,
where travelling entertainers can perform for drinks and food.  On the
opposite wall, behind the bar, are stacked barrels of rum, whiskey, and other
spirits.  To the west, a simple archway of stained wood leads into a lounge
area.  The floor creaks slightly as gentle waves rock this large, floating
establishment.


[Exits: east west]
     A long counter of polished wood divides this room in half.
     A round table, ringed with oak stools, sits in the center of the room.
(Golden Aura) Varlo, Champion of the Crusade is here.
Harban, the barkeep, serves drinks from behind the bar.
A drunken sailor stares solemnly out the window, pining for the sea.

Harban gives Varlo a nod and a grunt of acknowledgement.

Harban says to Varlo in groth 'Oi, never see any of ours around these parts anymore!'

Varlo says to Harban in common, lifting a hand in greeting, 'Oi there! I be lookin' for a fellow named Orvlin. Heard he made a purchase of the Nomicon recently. Don't s'pose ye know where I could find the lad?'

Harban says to Varlo in groth 'Ha!  Yer one of many lookin' fer 'im.  He's squirreled away in that boat of his.  Don't wanna talk to most folks, so they just yell at 'im 'n he yells back.'

A dock worker has arrived from the east.

Varlo says to Harban in groth, in a bellowing voice, 'Don't rightly see too many of ours anywhere these days. Some in Seria, some scattered elsewhere. Then there be those dark cousins in the tunnels. Don't pay too much mind to them meself.'

Harban says to Varlo in groth, tugging on his beard, 'I were thinkin', mebbe there's some new minin' to be found that's got all the young 'uns underground.  I haven't heard of any prospectin' though.'

Varlo says to Harban in groth, in a bellowing voice, 'Well, don't s'pose ye know what he drinks? I'm sure a tasty groth ale would lure 'em out.'

Harban says to Varlo in groth, laughing, 'Ha!  Haha!  Funny yer askin' that too!'

Harban slaps his belly and chortles.

Varlo chuckles for a moment and nods.

Harban says to Varlo in groth, pointing to the table, 'He used to sit here all day waitin' on buyin' a boat.  Then he got real desperate 'n then he finally bought the Nomicon from that dag.'

Harban says to Varlo in groth 'Now, he 'n I talked a bunch those days.  He'd always buy my drinks, but funny thing is I don't ever recall 'im drinkin' any.  But it disappeared outta his mug nonetheless.'

A weary traveller has arrived from the west.

Varlo says to Harban in groth, in a bellowing voice, 'Don't know the lad, just lookin' to talk to him. Figure any sailor has a drink in mind. Ye remember what he ordered?'

Harban says to Varlo in groth 'Mostly the rum here.  Tried some of the amontillado once, but he said it weren't much good.  Not 'nough spirits or something.'

Varlo says to Harban in groth, in a bellowing voice, 'Well, thank ye for the information, aye?'

Varlo motions toward himself.
Varlo says in groth, in a bellowing voice, 'I be Varlo Kramph, Champion o' the Crusade.'

Varlo says to Harban in groth, in a bellowing voice, 'I be sure to stop in another time and bring ye news from the city.'

Harban says in groth 'Orvlin, he's a good lad.  Real impatient, but the stuff he told me, I felt sorry for the kid.'

Varlo says to Harban in groth, in a bellowing voice, 'Well, if ye can put in a good word of his character, I be sure I can get a good vibe from him as well. Oh and before I forget, I'll be takin' some rum with me to greet 'em well.'

Varlo buys a wooden mug from Harban.

Varlo buys a wooden mug from Harban.

A weary traveller has arrived from the west.

Harban says to Varlo in groth 'O' course, you gotta judge him yerself.'

Varlo says to Harban in groth, in a bellowing voice, 'Take care, aye? Be good and do good things.'

Harban says in groth 'Just head up yonder 'n give a holler.'

Varlo nods once at Harban and gives a wave.

Varlo leaves east.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 804
  • Karma: +79
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2014, 07:42:54 PM »
Imbria bribes Nisos with one of the jugs of mushroom liquor.  She's allowed in for 2 hours to look at the architecture and explore.

She runs into Skazzik, who threatens to kill her for intruding.  She pretends she got in through a misfiring gate.  He mentions that won't happen again due to the enbriun shipment tomorrow.  He's about to kill her, but she promises to get him something.  Skazzik claims his daughter is terrified of cave fishers and wants earmuffs.  He lets Imbria go for the promise that she'll deliver earmuffs to the taurlok barkeep at Hostel Intent.  He slips several times, implying that the "daughter" is actually himself.

Nisos lets Imbria out, stating she'll have to wait to be off duty to try the liquor properly.


================

A Corridor Lined With Arching Stained Glass Windows
Rows of peaked glass windows sit high up on the eastern and western walls and
depict a skeletal knight riding through lushly vegetated locales.  Multihued
rays shine through the stained glass to light the corridor with rainbow hues.
In the center of the passage sits a stone sarcophagus carved from white
marble.  White candles burning with flickering flame dangle from the vaulted
ceiling on blacksteel sconces, shedding a pale glow on the onyx floor.  A trio
of lancet arches leads north to the sanctum while a twisting set of stairs is
visible through a blocked doorway at the southern end of the corridor. 


[Exits: north (south)]
     A marble sarcophagus sits here with a carved knight sleeping on its lid.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.


Nisos looks up at the intrusion, glowering at Imbria.

Imbria pastes on a bright smile as she waves at Nisos.

Nisos says to Imbria in common, voice dripping with suspicion, 'What do you want?'

Imbria says to Nisos in common 'Hello!~ And how is the guarding work today?'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, grimacing as she reaches a hand back and places her palm against her hunch, 'Same as every other day.'

Nisos scowls darkly at Imbria.

Imbria says to Nisos in common, after a short pause, as she edges closer to the dagahasi, 'No change? No other lovely people breaking up the tedium by coming up and talking to you?'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, throatily, 'I hain't heard a thing worth telling nor met a person worth telling it to.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, sourly, 'Doesn't seem liable to change today, either.'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, as she chuckles, 'Right? Somedays it's just like that, tedium all over. Can I interest you in a story though- I guarantee there's a satisfying ending for you.'

Nisos shuffles a little bit in place. She sniffs the air and, picking at her face, grunts in what, charitably, could be called a noise of assent.

Imbria says to Nisos in common, brightly, 'So I was ah- bored? Let's go with the tedium theme here.. I was bored one day and decided, why /not/ go have an adventure beset by bloodwolves, right?'

Imbria says to Nisos in common 'I find other, like-minded people who don't mind getting maybe torn limb from limb.. and we set off into Cranezmore! Where else
can we find too many bloodwolves to escape from?'

Nisos affects an aura of disinterest, regarding a fleck of dead skin with immense interest.

Nisos watches Imbria out of the corner of her eye.

Imbria says to Nisos in common 'Many fights with bloodwolves- /so/ many, but we manage to slash and magic through them /somehow/, resting in abandoned shops when we needed to.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, like gravel rattling in a barrel, 'Can't fight your way through the fallen city anymore. Too rough.'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, as she gestures with her hands, 'Fighting.. more fighting.. and then, just when all hope was lost, we happened upon this house! This house with what looked like a mushroom painted on the door-'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, primly, 'I'm good at fighting bloodwolves.'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, brightly, 'We go into the house and what do we find? It was like- almost like /treasure/.'

Nisos , interest obviously piqued, drops her facade of apathy and fixes her eyes on Imbria. A mottled loop of oozing drool has dribbled out of you' mouth.

Nisos says to Imbria in common, impatiently, 'What? What was it? Did you find --'

Nisos catches herself. Grunts.

Nisos says to Imbria in common, returning her attention to her filthy claws, 'Yeah? What'd you find?'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, beaming, 'Alcohol! The delicious scent of alcohol that couldn't be muffled by the containers it was in. Now, like I said before, I /love/ a good drink..'

Imbria says to Nisos in common 'And I'd never seen nor smelled this kind of alcohol before. Just- a sort of fragrant mushroom smell, you know?'

Nisos begins to pace around Imbria.

A throaty, impatient growl starts rumbling deep in your throat.

Imbria says to Nisos in common, hastily, as she turns around to continue to face the dagahasi, 'So, I was thinking.. who's my new friend that I want to share this alcohol with. And guess who came to mind?'

Imbria looks at Nisos.

Nisos says to Imbria in common, blinking slowly, 'Who?'

Imbria takes a deep breath and steps closer to Nisos, holding a waterskin out with one outstretched arm.

Imbria says to Nisos in common, offering the waterskin to the dagahasi, 'You, of course! I wouldn't just tease with a story and not follow through!'

Nisos , dumbfounded, takes the waterskin with both hands.

Nisos says to Imbria in common, numbly, 'But.. why?'

Imbria gives Nisos a faded, weather-worn waterskin.

Nisos pops open the cork, closing her eyes and inhaling the pungent scent of the mushroom liquor.

Imbria says to Nisos in common, slowly, 'We-ell, you were the one that told me about the alcohol in the first place! Location's important in these things, wouldn't have known to go into the house otherwise.'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, beaming, 'And like I said, alcohol is best shared! Tastes the best that way.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, inhaling deeply and letting out an exultant exhale of pleasure, 'There's gotta be a price. What do you want? What's your...'

Nisos's suspicion seems somewhat disarmed by the liquor.

Imbria says to Nisos in common 'Nono, this much is mm, just a sampling? If you want /more/ though, that'd be hm- another story.'

Nisos doesn't appear to hear Imbria. She tilts the waterskin back, allowing a few drops of the liquor to linger on her tongue.

Tears well at the corners of Nisos's eyes.

Imbria says to Nisos in common, tilting her head to one side, 'Is it up to par? You're the connoisseur here, so..'

Nisos says in common, half to herself, 'Full and smoky, pungent, with an earthiness all of its own. It lingers. Finishes pungent, through the nostrils..'

Nisos swishes the liquor around in her mouth, letting out a sibilant hiss as she allows air to brush over the mushroom liquor in her mouth. She inhales.

Imbria thinks in common '..Well, this looks like a religious experience if I've ever seen one.'

Nisos says in common, like gravel rattling in a barrel, 'And with hints of gretchin manure, notes of nightshade.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, numbly, 'This is the finest-aged mushroom liquor I've tasted.'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, as her expression lightens, 'Yeah? That's good- really good. So aged mushroom vodka tastes better, huh.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, with a low, awed nod, 'Vodka's only a next-best word. The way it's brewed, it needs its own word.. but they don't have one, not anymore.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, slowly, 'And you said you had.. more?'

Imbria says to Nisos in common, tilting her head to the other side, 'I do. But like I said, the rest would not be a free taste, friends only get the first bit free.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common, like gravel rattling in a barrel, 'And.. and what'd the price be? Gold?'

Nisos glances around nervously, as though concerned of being overheard.

Imbria says to Nisos in common, as she makes a scoffing sound, 'Gold. More say, a service I want done.'

Imbria thinks in common 'I'm sorry my love, know that I love you still, my piles and piles of gold and this is just an /act/ for this weird dagahasi here.'

Nisos stumps over to Imbria.

Nisos whispers in Imbria's ear.
Nisos whispers in common to Imbria, her breath foul beyond measure, 'Well? What is it? Be quick about it.'

Imbria whispers in Nisos's ear.
Imbria whispers in common to Nisos 'I have hm, an explorer's heart, you know? 'Swhy I went into Cranezmore, I like to see what's behind locked doors- just to see! I won't mess up anything or even leave a trace of me being there!'

Nisos stares at Imbria for a moment.

Imbria looks steadily back at Nisos.

Nisos whispers in Imbria's ear.
Nisos whispers in common to Imbria, like gravel rattling in a barrel, 'You want me to.. stop being a guard? To let you past?'

Imbria whispers in Nisos's ear.
Imbria whispers in common to Nisos 'To /pretend/ that say, I'm a fellow guard and I need to be behind this door. For just a short while.'

Nisos whispers in Imbria's ear.
Nisos whispers in common to Imbria, like gravel rattling in a barrel, '.. why?'

Imbria whispers in Nisos's ear.
Imbria whispers in common to Nisos 'Like I said, I just want to see what's behind it! Stroll around a little- the Coterie architecture is amazing, isn't it? All sinister yet somehow sophisticated too- I've been pretty much everywhere else but not /here/.'

Nisos whispers in Imbria's ear.
Nisos whispers in common to Imbria, after a long pause, 'And... and how much do you have?'

Imbria whispers in Nisos's ear.
Imbria whispers in common to Nisos 'Say, four times the amount I'd just given you.'

Nisos licks her lips nervously. She slants a glance over at the door to the south.

Nisos whispers in Imbria's ear.
Nisos whispers in common to Imbria, like gravel rattling in a barrel, '.. Two hours. No more.'

Imbria bobs her head quickly at Nisos.

Nisos says in common, like gravel rattling in a barrel, 'Pay first.'

Imbria eyes Nisos over but obligingly takes out a large jug from her packs.

Imbria opens a heavy, painted earthen jug.

Nisos greedily takes the jug.

Nisos wraps her arms around the jug, cooing quietly.

/* The door south is unlocked. */

Imbria thinks in common '...This is seriously like me with gold. I can't imagine any kind of liquor /that/ good.'

Nisos says to Imbria in common 'Go on, then. Quick.'

Nisos opens the door to the south.

Imbria leaves south.

========================


A Narrow Corridor Lit By Hanging Paper Lanterns
The hallway's bare walls rise to a vaulted ceiling where square paper lanterns
hang to provide bright lighting.  Stylized eyes adorn the lanterns, drawn on
the white paper with translucent, creamy paint.  A red fringed rug covers most
of the floor, warding off some of the stone's chill save for the inches left
exposed between it and the walls.  To the west, an open archway allows view of
a room filled with books in glass cases while an acrid odor leaks from the
spaces around an ebonwood door to the east.  A stained glass window takes up
the northern wall while the corridor extends to the south. 

[Exits: (east) south (west)]
(Translucent) Imbria is here.
Skazzik, a muscular dagahasi guard, glowers here.


Imbria wanders perhaps absentmindedly through the corridor, perking up when she sees you.

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, with a little wave, 'Hello! How are things going with the guarding?'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, in a terse growl, 'You there. Halt.'

Skazzik brandishes a massive two-handed sword with a serrated edge at Imbria.

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, as she blinks then blinks again, coming obediently to a stop, 'Okay, I have halted.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, angrily, 'How'd you get in here?'

Imbria says to Skazzik in common 'I was making a portal- I'm a magic user, you know? And /something/ must have malfunctioned on my end? On this end? Because I came into a place I wasn't looking to go to!'

Skazzik says in common, spitting to the side with annoyance, 'Won't happen again. Enbrium shipment comes in tomorrow, and then I won't have to spend nearly so much time cleaning blood off of the steps.'

Skazzik steps towards Imbria menacingly, sword lowered.

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, gesturing vaguely, 'But well, the scent of chrysanthenums and there was this /lovely/ milk bath that was already drawn.. so I
took a bath then went exploring-'

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, blinking quickly, 'Cleaning blood off- what? Why would you have to do that?'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, in a terse growl, 'I'm good at my job.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, in a terse growl, 'Someone gets in, they don't get out alive.'

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, slowly, '..Right- er. Now. Is there something that I'd say.. be able to do to change that? It's an honest mistake on my part,
getting here.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, shaking his head slowly, 'Nothing leaps to mind on my end, no.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, grimly, 'Last words?'

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, as she starts to edge away, 'I mean like- enchanting? Magical portals on call? Obscure foodstuff that you love but can never get here? Surely there must be something- I just went into a malfunctioning portal!'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, in a terse growl, '"Malfunctioning portal," sure. I don't quite buy that.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, in a terse growl, '... tell you what. You give me one good reason not to introduce your neck to Headsplitter here..'

Skazzik pats a massive two-handed sword with a serrated edge affectionately..

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, affecting a desperate tone, 'What about gambling? Gold? Alcohol? Drugs? Promises that I won't come back here- It /was/. And this place was so nice, all floral and a /milk bath/.'

Imbria looks at Skazzik.

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, as she holds her hand up to her heart, her voice solemn, 'I can find you whatever you want, however hard it is to find. It's my stock and trade.'

The bell atop the Serian Temple chimes the noon hour.

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, squinting, '... anything?'

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, bobbing her head, 'Anything. Seriously anything, with my enchantments and my location magic, I'm the best at what I do.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, after a long, considering pause, 'Well.'

Imbria looks up at Skazzik with a rather too hopeful expression.

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, brusquely, 'Earmuffs. I'm -- my daughter -- she's got this.. fear.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, in a terse growl, 'Clacking sounds. From a cave fisher. Ate her baby gretchin when he was just a little one.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, not quite managing to restrain a shudder of terror, 'And now he can't sleep if he hears anything like it. Stays up all night, on account of the clacking of those DAMNED --'

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, with a slow blink, 'Earmuffs. What's her favorite colour? Is your daughter allergic to any type of fur- does she have hm, horns like yours?'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, in a terse growl, 'She?'

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, holding up her hands, 'I'm just asking on account of like- needing to know how I should be making it. In addition to weaving in the charms that'll make the earmuffs soundproof.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, suddenly, 'Oh. Yes. Daughter. Yes. She.. likes things to be.. black. No allergies. Horns just like mine. Identical.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, tersely, 'Look. I just don't want to hear the clattering anymore. That's all it takes, and then.. she.. goes to pieces.'

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, bobbing her head some more, 'I can find those for your daughter, for sure! Where can I hm- give them to you? Obviously I'm never, ever coming back up here again.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, glancing around, 'You leave them with the innkeeper at The Hostel Intent. Owes me a favor, that one does, and'll keep it under his hat that I-'

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, cocking her head to the side, 'Under the care of..?'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, correcting himself, 'That my daughter's afraid of cave fisher noises. You vow to bring them there and I'll let you live.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, abruptly, 'Barkeep, not innkeeper. Just say it's for Zeek.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, regaining a measure of his composure, 'He's old. Broken horns. Used up.'

Imbria says to Skazzik in common, crossing her heart with the aforementioned hand, her voice solemn, 'I'll bring earmuffs there, for sure. It sounds like your daughter needs a good rest- I'm sure earmuffs can help with that.'

Skazzik says to Imbria in common, gruffly, 'And if I ever see -you- again..'

Skazzik waves a massive two-handed sword with a serrated edge at Imbria.

Imbria edges south some more, taking care to hold both empty hands up in the air for you to see.

Imbria says to Skazzik in common 'You won't! I swear!'

Imbria leaves south.

====================

Imbria knocks on the door to the north.

Imbria thinks in common '..Ack, maybe that was too loud.'

Imbria utters the words, 'invisibility'.
Imbria fades out of existence.

/* The door is unlocked.

A Corridor Lined With Arching Stained Glass Windows
Rows of peaked glass windows sit high up on the eastern and western walls and
depict a skeletal knight riding through lushly vegetated locales.  Multihued
rays shine through the stained glass to light the corridor with rainbow hues.
In the center of the passage sits a stone sarcophagus carved from white
marble.  White candles burning with flickering flame dangle from the vaulted
ceiling on blacksteel sconces, shedding a pale glow on the onyx floor.  A trio
of lancet arches leads north to the sanctum while a twisting set of stairs is
visible through a blocked doorway at the southern end of the corridor. 

[Exits: north south]
     A marble sarcophagus sits here with a carved knight sleeping on its lid.
(Invis) (Translucent) Imbria is here.

Nisos unlocks the door to the south.

Nisos opens the door to the south.

Imbria has arrived from the south.

Nisos closes the door to the south.

Nisos quickly locks the door to the south.

Nisos say to herself in common, in a hushed whisper, 'Did anyone see you?'

Imbria whispers in Nisos's ear.
Imbria whispers in common to Nisos 'I was like /this/ the whole time, besides, would I still be here if someone saw me?'

Imbria whispers in Nisos's ear.
Imbria whispers in common to Nisos 'Had to be /very/ quiet when walking, walked slow. But man, those rooms up top are /gorgeous/. And the telescope- /best/ exploring ever.'

Nisos whispers in Imbria's ear.
Nisos whispers in common to Imbria '... well. Yes. It's the finest in the world. No doubt about that. But you've overstayed your welcome. I've got to wait until I get off my shift to taste this.. properly..'

Nisos whispers in Imbria's ear.
Nisos whispers in common to Imbria 'So get you gone!'

Imbria waves wildly, disturbing the air currents in the corridor.

Imbria leaves north.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.