Username: Password:

Author Topic: Lythren Thievery Quest  (Read 7215 times)

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2014, 08:21:58 PM »
All the rooms of the inner basilica are now loaded with obj 1230, the room enbriun item.  It prevents recalling and casting.  It also strips all effects from people as they enter.

Pouring salt water on the enbriun decreases its condition by 5, so 5 pours will clear the room of enbriun.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #46 on: July 05, 2014, 03:33:14 PM »
Today:

Coterie gains the tongue.
Coterie fails to roll for an early action.

Explorers learn the third guard's weakness. (Skazzik fears cave fishers).
Explorers fail to roll for an early action.

Karzt fails to roll for alternate action.
Ship captain rolls for attack on Orvlin.

=======

I loaded mob 11355 outside the ship along with three skull demons.  The demons are aggressive, so people should beware.

The End of the Pier [Room 11373]
The wooden dock ends here, a small wooden platform stretched out into the cold
water.  Two heavy pilings loom on either side of the sturdy raft, each worn
smooth from yars and years of ropes being coiled around them.  The planks
along the northern edge of this pier are withered and gray, as if they had
been exposed to far worse than salt water and sun.  An odd, musty scent hangs
in the air apparent even amidst the ocean breezes.  To the south, the dock
extends back to the main mass of the Central Pier. 


[Exits: (north) south]
     (Glowing) A large sign hangs from a one of the pier's wooden support posts.
     The NOMICON, a pitch black funeral barge, bobs in the waves here.
(Red Aura) A flaming, onyx-skulled demon hovers here, dodging projecties from the boat.
(Red Aura) A flaming, onyx-skulled demon hovers here, dodging projecties from the boat.
(Red Aura) A flaming, onyx-skulled demon hovers here, dodging projecties from the boat.
(Red Aura) A flaming, onyx-skulled demon hovers here, dodging projecties from the boat.
(Red Aura) A dark, gaunt figure is here, commanding the demons, his robes billowing.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #47 on: July 05, 2014, 10:18:19 PM »
Imbria tried to visit Orvlin and ran into the necromancer ship captain, who basically told her to stay out of it.  She tells Orvlin about the third guard's weakness and Orvlin sends her a reply asking for help.  Rumors fill Seria about the demons at the pier.


=====

The End of the Pier [Room 11373]
The wooden dock ends here, a small wooden platform stretched out into the cold
water.  Two heavy pilings loom on either side of the sturdy raft, each worn
smooth from yars and years of ropes being coiled around them.  The planks
along the northern edge of this pier are withered and gray, as if they had
been exposed to far worse than salt water and sun.  An odd, musty scent hangs
in the air apparent even amidst the ocean breezes.  To the south, the dock
extends back to the main mass of the Central Pier. 


[Exits: (north) south]
     A dark, pungent puddle pools here.
     (Glowing) A large sign hangs from a one of the pier's wooden support posts.
(Red Aura) A skull demon is lying here stunned.
(Red Aura) A skull demon is lying here stunned.
(Red Aura) A skull demon is lying here stunned.
(Red Aura) A skull demon is lying here stunned.
(Translucent) Imbria is here.
(Red Aura) A dark, gaunt figure is here, commanding the demons, his robes billowing.


Imbria says to a dark, gaunt figure in common, as she flails, 'What. What are you /doing/.'

A dark, gaunt figure says to Imbria in common, in a gruff, throaty voice, 'Bug off.  This is none of your business.'

A dark, gaunt figure calls upon darkness.
A dark, gaunt figure infests demon band.
A dark, gaunt figure has summoned a skull demon.
A skull demon's feeble claw grazes Imbria.
A dark, gaunt figure has summoned a skull demon.
A skull demon's claw misses Imbria.

Imbria's sear misses a skull demon.
A skull demon's attack dissipates against Imbria's brilliant aura!
A skull demon's claw misses Imbria.
A skull demon's attack dissipates against Imbria's brilliant aura!
A skull demon's claw misses Imbria.

Imbria's strong sear lacerates a skull demon!
Imbria's sear misses a skull demon.
A skull demon's claw misses Imbria.
A skull demon's claw misses Imbria.
A skull demon's attack dissipates against Imbria's brilliant aura!
A skull demon's moderate claw scrapes Imbria!

Imbria's ruthless sear hits a skull demon!
Imbria's heavy sear nicks a skull demon!
A skull demon's claw misses Imbria.
A skull demon's feeble claw scratches Imbria.

Imbria's mighty sear nicks a skull demon!
A skull demon is burned by a thick quarterstaff of fiery quartz.
A skull demon's claw misses Imbria.
A skull demon's claw misses Imbria.
A skull demon's attack dissipates against Imbria's brilliant aura!

Imbria flees from combat!
Imbria leaves south.

A skull demon leaves south.
A skull demon leaves south.

A dark, gaunt figure yells in common, in a gruff, throaty voice, 'It's between me and the canidae!'

A skull demon bleeds all over the ground.
A skull demon bleeds all over the ground.
A skull demon bleeds all over the ground.
A skull demon bleeds all over the ground.
A puddle of black blood dries up.

From the south, Imbria yells in common 'And you're just killing anyone who gets in the way?'

A dark, gaunt figure yells in common, in a gruff, throaty voice, 'I warned you!'

A sudden scream is heard, but it comes to a sharp halt.

A sudden scream is heard, but it comes to a sharp halt.

From the south, Imbria yells in common 'No you didn't, you /summoned demons on me!/'

A dark, gaunt figure yells in common, in a gruff, throaty voice, 'This isn't your business!  Stay out!'

From the south, Imbria yells in common 'It's my business when people summon demons on me! Who wouldn't retaliate after /that/.'

A dark, gaunt figure yells in common, in a gruff, throaty voice, 'Don't come back!'

From the south, Imbria yells in common 'Or what else are you going to do, kill me? With your horrible skull demons and- /ugh/.'

A dark, gaunt figure yells in common, in a gruff, throaty voice, 'You got it!  Stay out of my business and I won't go after you!'




------------------------------------
Number: 129
To: Iskvarren
From: Imbria
Date: Sat Jul  5 21:24:25 2014
Re: *a sheet of unbleached paper appears from a swirl of wind*
------------------------------------
*the sheet of paper is smudged with ichor*

Since there is a most disagreeable necromancer summoning demons right
outside, I suppose this will suffice. With the help of a... you know what,
that's not important, we found mushroom vodka and I managed to get to the
third guard by bribing the alcoholic guard with it. The area upstairs from
the front guards is very big- has a telescope, guest rooms with baths and
everything! And it all smells of chrysanthenums, very nice. I believe Cisse
is held on the top floor, in one of the rooms in the center of the floor.

When I encountered the guard outside the rooms, he was threatening and
aggressive at me on sight. Through some clever thinking, I was able to
discern his weakness- he goes into a dreadful fright whenever he hears the
clacking sounds of a cave fisher! He was shuddering just on the memory of it
so I bet if we have a cave fisher on hand, he'll cower and not be able to do
anything.

Oh, I also have a disguise for you all prepared- a hood and robes and
everything. You're to be one of those cultists you see in the sewers
underneath Seria!

The one with all the maledrite

------------------------------------


------------------------------------
Number: 130
To: Imbria
From: Iskvarren
Date: Sat Jul  5 21:32:48 2014
Re: * a hurriedly-written note *
------------------------------------
Help, help!  It's the boat captain!  I knew he was there!  I've been awake for
a week now!  They'll get me soon! 
 
Already knew about cave fishers -- just before demons came! 
 
save me please I'm running out of alcohol

------------------------------------


Finally, a mail to all was sent so people don't walk in on the ship captain and die horribly.

------------------------------------
Number: 131
To: Seria
From: Iskvarren
Date: Sat Jul  5 22:15:29 2014
Re: * Rumors fill the city from the central pier *
------------------------------------
Murmured in the streets:
 
"Did you hear?  There's a man summoning demons at the pier -- and lots of
them!" 
 
"I heard he was a ship captain and he's been acting oddly.  What's got him so
mad?" 
 
"Watch out!  I heard someone walked too far down the pier and that was the
last of him!" 
 
"I heard all the ale is gone.  But nobody drinks there, right?" 

------------------------------------
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #48 on: July 11, 2014, 10:17:02 PM »
Alarac asks for some demon info from Gerlaz.  Gerlaz says he hasn't heard anything from Norvli lately, but they don't chat like bff's anyways.

Alarac finds the necromancer and tons of demons.  Orvlin yells for yelp and says Karzt is in the rainforest.

======

The Battered Bar of the Manhunters [Room 814]
This cramped and stuffy bar is dimly-lit by the wide fireplace against the
southern wall.  Oaken floorboards covered in dents and scrapes form lines of
alternating dark and light wood across the floor.  Fading red paint that
borders on the brown of dried human blood covers the pitted and damaged walls
of the establishment.  Antique weapons, animal skins, and trophy heads clutter
the walls, adding an animal smell to that of stale ale.  A narrow staircase in
the northeast corner leads upward to the second floor, while the entrance of
the shop opens to South Street to the west.


[Exits: west (up) (down)]
     A pile of furs and skins lies against the north wall.
     Rickety wooden tables provide seating throughout the bar.
     The matted hide of a large brown bear stretches across the floor here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Red Aura) Terka perches atop the pile of furs here.
Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters', polishes mugs at the counter.


Alarac flies in through the bar door, leaving it flung open. He trails rain on his way toward Gerlaz.

Gerlaz says to Alarac in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Hey, yer makin' a mess.  'snot like you don't know how I like it here.'

Alarac says to Gerlaz in common 'I know! I am sorry, but I need to know! Is Norvil alright? Is he still looking for help with his collecting business? I heard awful rumors and am most worried for his well being!'

Alarac thinks in common 'I would go straight to the peer, but I have no idea what kind of demons are being summoned.'

Gerlaz says to Alarac in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Ain't heard anything specifically, just that there's been a lotta demon activity at the pier.'

Gerlaz says to Alarac in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Of course, news in Seria don't last long.  I figured everyone's forgotten about the events of a month ago.'

Alarac says to Gerlaz in common 'I hope I wasn't the last to know! Maybe the demons are gone by now. I can only imagine who was summoning them down there.'

Alarac says to Gerlaz in common 'If you haven't had any contact with Norvil, that can't be good at all.'

Alarac thinks in common 'Or he set sail and didn't write us.'

Gerlaz says to Alarac in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Well, ain't like we're good buddies chattin' all the time.  Only if there's business, and nobody's been askin' fer him, and he ain't been askin' fer anyone.'

Alarac says to Gerlaz in common 'I just wanted to ask, in case you heard something tragic. Thank you! With no ale down at the pier, maybe you will have to start exporting your goods!'

Gerlaz says to Alarac in common, in a loud wheeze, 'What?  Plenty o' ale's made in Seria, 'n some of it even comes from the eastern harbor.'

Alarac thinks in common 'No news from the pier. I could go look around myself, I suppose! But if people are getting torn up...'

Gerlaz says to Alarac in common, in a loud wheeze, 'I had some torn up folks in here, but they were all too dazed to say much.  You watch out if ya go there.'

Gerlaz grunts and looks toward a spot on the floor.

Alarac says to Gerlaz in common, nodding, tone lowering as he glances about the bar, 'I will watch out! I need to find Norvil, and I don't know of any safe areas he meant to fall back to.'

Gerlaz says to Alarac in common, in a loud wheeze, 'It's necromancers or something.  I don't know what necromancers look like these days, but you'd best watch out 'bout approaching one without warning if it's aggressive.'

Alarac says to Gerlaz in common 'I will keep that in mind! I am most stealthy. May I have some ale for the road?'

Gerlaz says to Alarac in common, in a loud wheeze, 'Sure, you can buy it.'

Gerlaz sets a mug a little too hard on the counter, making everything on it rattle.

Alarac says to Gerlaz in common 'Of course! Good bye! If you hear howling ,do not be alarmed.'

Alarac buys a dirty mug[3].

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

Alarac opens the door to the west.

Alarac leaves west.

The door to the west closes.


=================


The Northeastern Pier of the Docks [Room 11309]
A long wooden platform runs off toward the south from the end of the docks.
The pier extends through the water surrounding the docks, and would seem to be
large enough to serve as a slip for a smaller boat.  A great deal of noise and
bustle can be heard from the docks to the south.  Sailors, travellers, and all
other sorts of people traverse back and forth.  The people push crates and
carts of merchandise along the wide docks, some to the ports and others to
peddle to passersby.  A small wooden sign has been posted along the side of
the pier.


[Exits: north south]
     (Magical) A pair of leg protectors made of black scale mail lies here.
     (Magical) (Humming) (Tarnished) A white ivory ring inlaid with stylized naceril eyes lies here.
     A brown cotton bedroll lies unfurled here.
     A hunting knife has been left on the ground.
     (Red Aura) (Glowing) (Tarnished) An exquisitely-crafted sword with a crystal blade lies here.
     (Red Aura) (Magical) (Humming) A huge shield made of overlapping sheets of bone lies here.
     (Red Aura) (Magical) (Tarnished) A sturdy gauntlet covered with jagged razors lies here.
( 2) A feather collar lies crumpled on the ground.
     (Glowing) (Tarnished) A soot-covered lantern with purple glass panes sits here.
     (Tarnished) Two black chain boots lie here with leather straps hanging loose.
     A cloak sewn of elk hide lies here, clasped with metal.
     (Magical) (Humming) (Tarnished) A ring carved from sparkling black stone lies here.
     (Tarnished) A pair of filigreed dragonscale armguards lies here.
     Several pieces of stitched leather have been dropped here.
     (Tarnished) Several pieces of stitched leather have been dropped here.
     (Magical) (Tarnished) A silver scabbard etched with daemonic runes rest here.
     A pair of crescent-shaped iron spies lies here.
     A pynium war mask lies here, set in a perpetual scowl.
     (Tarnished) A knee-length tunic made of coarse, marbled leather lies here.
     (Red Aura) (Humming) (Tarnished) A heavy warhelm with dragonscale embossing lies here.
     (Red Aura) (Magical) A sturdy gauntlet covered with jagged razors lies here.
     (Magical) A large, thick belt fashioned from a deep emerald hide lies here.
     A long-sleeved scale mail garment lies here in a pile.
     A brown suede bag has been left here.
     A pile of silver coins lies here.
     (Glowing) A large sign hangs from a one of the pier's wooden support posts.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.


Alarac shouts in common 'Hello! Don't assault me! I have come to help you!'

Alarac peers intently north.

From the north, a dark, gaunt figure yells in common, in a gruff, throaty voice, 'This isn't your business!  Stay out!'

Fire and brimstone light up the boat to the north as the figures of demons emerge from the void.

Alarac peers intently north.

Alarac shouts in common 'Ah! Point taken! Are you sure you can get your boat back like that?'

Alarac thinks in common 'I'm not sure exactly what he's doing, but as long as he gives an answer, it is something.'

From the north, a dark, gaunt figure yells in common, in a gruff, throaty voice, 'Yes!  Now go away or I'll toss you out like that taurlok!'

A skull demon has arrived from the north.
/* Basically a demon attacks Alarac and is stunned. */
A skull demon is stunned but will probably recover.
A skull demon gently lands on the ground.

Alarac shouts in common 'Alright! Fine! But don't you mean canidae?  I thought one of those had your ship!'

A skull demon bleeds all over the ground.
Alarac thrusts his weapon at a skull demon!
Alarac's vicious pierce hits a skull demon!
A skull demon shudders from the toxin on a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass.
Alarac drives his weapon in deep and pulls it out, spilling blood everywhere!
You hear a skull demon's death cry.

Alarac chants slowly, and a large white seagull answers the call!

From the north, a dark, gaunt figure yells in common, in a gruff, throaty voice, 'I know a taurlok when I see a taurlok!  He was meddling!  Now stay out of our business!'

A skull demon has arrived from the north.
/* etc */

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Help me!  I can't hold him off anymore!'

Alarac peers intently north.

Alarac thinks in common 'Help him!? Through all those demons!?'

Alarac yells in common 'How! Do you see the -size- of those claws!?'

From the north, a dark, gaunt figure yells in common, in a gruff, throaty voice, 'Just give up now!  I might even let you live!'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'Yes!  I've felt them too!  But I've used up all my alcohol and food!'

Alarac peers intently north.

Alarac thinks in common 'Do I attack them? I couldn't hope to kill so many demons!'

Alarac peers intently north.

Alarac yells in common 'I do not suppose you have any powder left on the boat!'

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy tone, 'No!  There are always new demons-ow!'

Alarac peers intently north.

From the north, a dark, gaunt figure yells in common, in a gruff, throaty voice, 'Ha!  Get him!'

Alarac peers intently north.

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy voice, 'Help!  HELP!  Go get help!'

Alarac yells in common 'Where is your ogre friend!? He will know what to do!'

Alarac thinks in common 'Kartz. He could blast trees, right? He can help me blast demons.'

A skull demon has arrived from the north.
/* etc */
A skull demon is stunned but will probably recover.

From the north, a short, fox-like male canidae yells in common, in a light, airy voice, 'In the rainforest somewhere!  Go find him!'

Alarac peers intently north.

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

Alarac leaves south.
A large white seagull leaves south.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #49 on: July 11, 2014, 10:23:53 PM »
Alarac finds Karzt lounging in the trees and tells him Orvlin's in trouble.  Karzt isn't too excited about saving Orvlin, saying that their quest to go home and save the island is holding on to slim hopes.  Karzt has no family on the island and believes they've been gone so long that Orvlin and Cisse's families are dead too.  He says in the past, the pirates attacked every week and they'd win half the time.  The two of them agree to turn in the Lynx and save Cisse.  Alarac asks Karzt to help save Orvlin too, but Karzt thinks the necromancers will stop if they have the rock.  Karzt says he might help fight the necromancer, but he won't fight for revenge because that's making enemies for no reason.

They go to find the lynx and Karzt reveals it's buried in the sand (room 12016), 30-40 feet down, because he had to hide it from magic-sniffing dogs.

Alarac says he'll find people to help dig.  Karzt finds another tree to watch things in.

======

Approaching the Upper Branches [Room 43]
The branches are a bit thinner here than can be seen below, opening up to the
sky in places.  Twisted, gnarled branches jut up and arc downward as they come
off of the wide trunk of the tree.  Some newer lobed leaves at the tips of the
branches have begun unfurling here, testing the gentle breezes.  Scaly bark
covers the trunk where it is visible beyond the dense leaf cover.  The way up
is easier than the way down as the branches are even thinner in that
direction.


[Exits: up down]
A burly, disfigured human man is here, lounging in the branches, picking his teeth with a twig.

Alarac has arrived from below.

Alarac looks at a burly, disfigured human man.

A burly, disfigured human man grunts, then pushes himself up, hefting an irium broadsword with a leather hilt.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, flying up through the branches, 'Agh! KARTZ!? You are alive!'

A burly, disfigured human man chews on the twig as he studies Alarac and then spits it out to the distant forest floor.

A burly, disfigured human man utters the words, 'levitate'.
A burly, disfigured human man rises and floats above the ground.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'WHAT.  DO.  YOU.  WANT?'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'There are demons attacking Orvlin! He's in most grave danger! I wanted to help but there are too many for me alone!'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'HM!  MAYBE.  QUEST.  OVER.  THEN!'

A burly, disfigured human man leaves down.

========

Before a Massive Tree at the Center of the Glade [Room 7454]
A massive tree rises from the ground, its branches sprawling out over the
entirety of the glade to create a dense canopy.  Small, smooth gray stones
have been set in a wide circle around the base of the tree.  Quiet, rustling
sounds echo through the glade, as if whispering promises of peace and
prosperity to those who come to this place for meditation.  The dark green of
the overhead canopy casts a thin shadow upon the soft earthen ground, with
tiny beams of light falling through the foliage above in both sun and
moonlight.


[Exits: north east south west up]
     The wide base of the giant tree rises from the ground.
A burly, disfigured human man with spiky red hair is here.
(Charmed) A black bear lumbers about restlessly here.

Alarac has arrived from above.

A burly, disfigured human man looks at a stocky black bear.

Alarac flies after a burly, disfigured human man, pausing to note the bear.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'You two look alike. She can help with our demon situation! I am a friend, by the way! Alarac.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'THEY.  SAY.  WAIT.  WAIT MORE.  WAIT LONG TIME.  I WAITED.  NOW ONE.  CAPTURED.  OTHER.  NEAR.  DEAD.'

The raindrops falling on the forest make a soothing sound.

A burly, disfigured human man grunts loudly.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'I know! But now you can help and maybe go home!'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'I.  HAVE.  NO.  HOME.  THERE.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'But Orvlin is your friend anyway, right? And you want to go places and adventure with him!'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'IT IS.  LOST CAUSE.  I WAITED.  ALMOST.  YEAR NOW.  HIS.  HOME.  IS.  GONE.  I.  WILL.  NOT.  FIGHT.  ALL.  OF.  HIS.  ENEMIES.  FOR.  NOTHING.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'So you will just stay here forever and let Orvlin die? Don't you want your share of whatever is left on the boat?'

A stocky black bear suddenly vanishes.

A burly, disfigured human man laughs.

Alarac thinks in common 'I do not think they are the friends I thought they were...'

Alarac shuffles his feet nervously when a burly, disfigured human man laughs.

Alarac gently lands on the ground.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'I.  HAVE.  ALL.  OF.  IT.  HE.  TOLD.  ME.  TO.  WATCH.  IT.  BUT.  THEY.  WASTE.  TIME.  GETTING .CAPTURED.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'EVEN.  IF.  I.  SAVE.  THEM.  WHERE.  WILL.  THEY.  GO?  THE.  ISLAND.  IS.  GONE.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'How do you know it is gone?!'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'BACK.  WHEN.  WE.  WERE.  THERE.  PIRATES.  ATTACK.  EVERY.  WEEK.  HALF.  WIN.  HALF.  LOSE.  THEN.  I.  BOUGHT.  ROCK.  WE.  ALWAYS.  WIN.  WITH.  ROCK.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, holding out all the fingers of his free hand, 'MANY.  WEEKS.  MANY.  ATTACKS.  HALF.  WIN.  THEY.  ARE.  DEAD.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, rubbing at the back of his neck, 'But what if there are survivors! You could go pick them up and form a whole new crew!'

Alarac thinks in common 'He doesn't care. He isn't an altruist. He can turn in the figurine for more money than he can spend.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'GRANDMAS.  AND.  GRANDPAS.  ARE.  BAD.  CREW.  THEY.  ARE.  DEAD.  IF.  LUCKY.  ALL.  OF.  THIS.  WE.  SHOULD.  HAVE.  STOPPED.  MONTHS.  AGO.  ALL.  THREE.  OF.  US.  WOULD.  BE.  ALIVE.  STILL.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'AND.  WELL.  WITHOUT.  MANY.  ENEMIES.'

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'ORVLIN.  CISSE.  THEY.  CLING.  TO.  SLIM.  HOPES.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'So don't go back with them. But you can't just let them die to the Coterie! You have the artifact. You could save them and then turn it in and solve all your problems!'

The day has begun.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'DON'T.  GO.  BACK?  THEN.  IF.  I.  DO.  WHAT.  YOU.  SAY.  I.  SAVE.  THEM.  THEY.  LEAVE.  I.  FIGHT.  ALL.  THEIR.  ENEMIES.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'But you would have the artifact! You can turn it in. The Coterie would have what they've wanted the whole time!'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'HA!  YOU.  WITH.  ME.  NOW.  THIS.  IS.  THE.  MOST.  WE.  CAN.  GAIN.  FROM.  THIS.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'But you can save them while doing it, you know! Your friends.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'TURNING.  IN.  ROCK.  WILL.  NOT.  SAVE.  THEM?'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'ORVLIN.  SAID.  ROCK.  FOR.  CISSE.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'I guess it would! But we have to make sure, is all I mean. Do you have the rock with you?'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, guardedly, 'IT.  IS.  BURIED.  IN.  FOREST.  NOT.  YOURS.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'I don't want it! Are you going to hand it in to the Coterie now? I think Orvlin is in a lot of trouble as we speak!'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'ARE.  YOU.  WITH.  ME?'

A burly, disfigured human man's grip clenches around the hilt of an irium broadsword with a leather hilt, which he holds in one hand despite its size.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'Yes! I will help you if we save Orvlin and Cisse and I get to go with you to turn in the rock!'

Alarac prays to the gods in common: 'Please don't let Imbria kill me. How else will the explorers survive?'

Alarac's eye twitches and he stands a bit taller, nodding up at a burly, disfigured human man. He needs to crane his neck.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'THEY.  SAY.  ROCK.  FOR.  CISSE.  WE.  RELEASE.  HER.  MAYBE.  STOP.  ATTACKING.  ORVLIN.  TOO.  THEY.  ARE.  HOSTAGES.  WE.  WILL.  HAVE.  TO.  PLAY.  THEIR.  GAME.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'Why don't we take the rock and blow away the necromancer keeping Orvlin? Then we can go turn the rock in for Cisse!'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'IT.  IS.  NOT.  A.  WEAPON.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'IT.  IS.  TO.  PUSH.  SHIP.  THAT.  WE.  DON'T.  HAVE.'

Raihan prays to the gods in common: 'To the powers that are, if it be thy will, grant me understanding of the possibility and change inherent to Chaos.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'Alright! Let's go see if they will call the necromancer back once they have their rock. Will you help me beat up the necromancer if they don't help us?'

Raihan prays to the gods in common: 'That with this understanding I might be of some benefit to the progress of this world.'

Alarac thinks in common 'Orvlin is not a bad person. He shouldn't get mauled to death for wanting to go home to see his friends!'

Alarac thinks in common 'It is too bad he won't be doing that anyway. Even if they are alive.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'MAYBE.  IF.  ORVLIN.  IS.  STILL.  ALIVE.  NO.  SENSE.  FIGHTING.  FOR.  REVENGE.  ONLY.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'Fine! Then I am with you, yes. I can see about bringing others if you think we could use backup!'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'THEN.  COME.  IT.  IS.  BY.  THE.  BEACH.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'YOU.  STEAL.  AND.  I'LL.  KILL.  YOU.'

A burly, disfigured human man leaves south.
Alarac leaves south.

==========

The Forest Intersection [Room 9021]
The path coming from the west reaches the crest of a small hill here and
arrives to intersect a much broader path running north and south.  The path
itself is cleanly kept and is easily recognized as no simple game trail.  No
mist inhibits the view here, and neither do any other forms of vine, broken
branches, or other debris that one would expect to see in such a place.  The
path is large enough for two to walk abreast and with extreme ease.  Despite
the cleanliness of it all, it dosen't appear to have been used very often.
There are no visible tracks in the soft earth that make up the trail.  The
trail runs north and south, but the smaller forest trail can be taken which
leads east.


[Exits: north east west down]
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
A burly, disfigured human man with spiky red hair is here.
(Golden Aura) A gray wolf prowls around here through the underbrush.
A felis scout moves slightly in the shadows.

A burly, disfigured human man lands and begins to count paces as he walks.  Each step is almost as long as Alarac's height.

A burly, disfigured human man leaves west.
Alarac leaves west.

======

Inside A Rainforest [Room 12012]
Dark brown soil, soft with the moisture that is preserved beneath the tree's
cover, is seen making a slowly widening path towards the east.  The soil seems
flawless, with the exception of a single pawed print along the edge of the
large, green foliage.  Long leafed bushes grow extensive stems that harbor
partially open red and yellow flowers.  Long thin vines drape from the
branches, of the high limbs, reaching only part way down to the forest floor
below.  The hard shells of the satago fruit dot the area, the inside of the
rinds cleaned out.  The familiar sounds of nature come from all directions.
The rainforest extends in all directions.


[Exits: north east south west]
     The large, empty husk of a satago fruit lies here in the dirt.
     A branch from a satago tree lies on the ground here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
A burly, disfigured human man with spiky red hair is here.
A golden-crested red parrot chatters among the trees here.

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'ONE.  TWO.  THREE.  FOUR.  FIVE.  SIX.'

A burly, disfigured human man turns sharply.

A burly, disfigured human man leaves south.
Alarac leaves south.
Along the Blood Cliffs [Room 12004]
This section of the cliffs creates a complete overhang, as the blood-colored
rock face pushes inwards from years of sea erosion.  Clumps of muddy roots
dangle over the edge, as if nature were trying to reclaim the footing that,
long ago, crumbled out into the ocean below.  Trees of enormous proportions
can be seen to the north, with wide leaves and untamed vines dangling from
their branches.  While the blood cliffs jut out at the pinnacle to the west,
the ocean breeze is actually stronger here, whistling with a mournful sound.


[Exits: north east west]
     A branch from a satago tree lies on the ground here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
A burly, disfigured human man with spiky red hair is here.
A golden-crested red parrot chatters among the trees here.

Alarac looks all around.

A burly, disfigured human man's brow furrows as he looks down the side of the cliff.

Alarac's tiny feet whir to keep up with a burly, disfigured human man. He skids to a stop by the cliff.

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'IS.  CLOSE.  MAYBE.  STEPS.  TOO.  BIG.'

A burly, disfigured human man turns again and continues counting.

A burly, disfigured human man leaves west.
Alarac leaves west.

/* Walking this whole time. */

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'SEVEN.  EIGHT.  NINE.'

/* Walking this whole time. */

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'TEN.  ELEVEN.  TWELVE.'

/* Walking this whole time. */

Along the Beach [Room 12016]
Offering a path in all directions, the beach moves along a western and
southern route.  Though no clear-cut trail has been made into the rainforest,
and the vegetation is a bit lighter in this particular section of the beach.
The sand is littered with various small shells and pebbles, otherwise it is
rather soft underfoot.  A strong breeze flows in from the west, bringing a
heavy salt scent with it.


[Exits: north east south west]
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
A burly, disfigured human man with spiky red hair is here.

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'THIRTEEN.  FOURTEEN.  SHOULD.  BE.  HERE.'

The waves crash upon the beach.

A burly, disfigured human man points to a rather nondescript patch of wet sand just within the reach of the waves.

Alarac hops on over too the designated patch, peering at the sand.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'I didn't bring a spade! How deep did you bury it?'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'THIRTY.  FEET.'

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'ENOUGH.  FOR.  TEN.  SHALLOW.  GRAVES.'

Alarac regards a burly, disfigured human man with wide eyes.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'THIRTY FEET. How are we supposed to get down there?'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'COTERIE.  WITH.  MAGIC.  SNIFFING.  DOGS.  CAME.  I.  HAD.  TO.  GO.  DEEP.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, rubbing at his brow, 'Well... alright. That is fine! Let me get some help for the digging, alright? My friend is most trustworthy!'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'I.  WILL.  WAIT.  HERE.  WATCHING.  I.  WILL.  HELP.  LOTS.  MORE.  SAND.  PILED.  BY.  WAVES.  MAYBE.  FOURTY.  FEET.  NOW.'

A burly, disfigured human man points up into the trees.

A burly, disfigured human man grunts.

A burly, disfigured human man leaves north.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #50 on: July 28, 2014, 10:40:38 PM »
Kedi spoke to Karzt and found out that what's stopping them is there are "toebiters."  Karzt gives him a dead specimen.  They burrow through the sand and into people's clothes.  The creature is like a lamprey mixed with a crawfish.

Kedi and Alarac try to talk to the lizardmen to ask them to eat leeches, but they don't speak common.

They throw a deer into the pit.  It stands there safe for a while.  Then it's revealed that the leeches come out when the sun rises.  They use a net to catch a fat leech and put it in a bell jar.  It is revealed that the leeches' slime makes your skin go numb, presumably to lessen the pain of their bite.


==================

Approaching the Upper Branches [Room 43]
The branches are a bit thinner here than can be seen below, opening up to the
sky in places.  Twisted, gnarled branches jut up and arc downward as they come
off of the wide trunk of the tree.  Some newer lobed leaves at the tips of the
branches have begun unfurling here, testing the gentle breezes.  Scaly bark
covers the trunk where it is visible beyond the dense leaf cover.  The way up
is easier than the way down as the branches are even thinner in that
direction.


[Exits: up down]
Kedi is here, floating in the air.
A burly, disfigured human man with spiky red hair is here.

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, as he taps a shovel against a thin branch, 'Heya. Heard you was in need of some muscle for diggin'?'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'NOPE.  NOT.  REALLY.  BUT.  GAME.  IS.  UP.  ANYWAYS.'

The night has begun.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'IT.  IS.  LONG.  TIME.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Oh, you dug up the treasure an turned it over to the Cootery?'

A burly, disfigured human man grunts and snorts.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'NOPE.  I.  AM.  NOT.  NEEDING.  MUSCLE.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'You're leavin' it buried then?'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'NOPE.  IT.  WILL.  BE.  DUG.  UP.  I.  AM.  JUST.  NOT.  -NEEDING-.  MUSCLE.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Well, you gotta have muscles to dig up stuff that's been buried deep.'

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, holding his hand low to signify someone very short, 'JOHGO.  HE.  CAME.  SAID.  HE.  WOULD.  HELP.  DIG.  ORVLIN.  AND.  CISSE.  PROBABLY.  DEAD.  NOW.  FAMILIES.  PROBABLY.  DEAD.  TOO.  YEARS.  AWAY.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Oh, yeah. Alarac. I'm here since he said he'd help dig it up.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, pointing to himself, 'I.  GOT.  PLENTY.  OF.  MUSCLE.  YOU.  WANT.  SPLIT.  WITH.  ME.  AND.  HIM?  WE.  ALL.  GET.  PEANUTS.'

Kedi thinks in common 'Well, I can prolly just get Alarac's share an give it to 'im.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Well, Alarac aint here to help right now, but I am. An that demon captains still on the pier, so I guess all the other guys are still on the ship.'

Kedi says in common, in a loud voice, 'An I don't like eatin' peanuts, so I prolly don't want them.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'JUST.  ORVLIN.  OR.  HE.  IS.  DEAD.  ALARAC.  SAID.  SAVE.  HIM.  I.  SAID.  THINK.  ABOUT.  IT.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'YOU.  CAN.  DIG.  FOURTY.  FEET.  WET.  SAND?'

Kedi brandishes an iron shovel with a squared head at a burly, disfigured human man.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, pointing to himself, 'KARZT.  TRIED.  LOTS.  EVEN.  WITH.  MAGIC.  AND.  BLASTING.  WET.  SAND.  FALLS.  BACK.  IN.  AND.  WATER.  AND.  TOEBITERS.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Oh. Hmm. Maybe we gotta dig a bigger hole then? Or dry out the sand? Prolly both.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'IT.  IS.  MAYBE.  THIRTY.  FEET.  NOW.  BEEN.  MOVING.  LOTS.  BUT.  TOEBITERS.'

A burly, disfigured human man's features contort even more so and he looks down at his fur-lined chain boots.

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'What're the toebiters?'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'What if I stab all the toebiters while you dig?'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'LIKE.  CRABS.  AND.  SNAKES.  IN.  ONE.  WRIGGLE.  IN.  CLOTHES.  AND.  BITE.  PRIVATE.  PARTS.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, with a nod, 'That sounds like you gotta crabs problem.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'I can prolly keep 'em of you while you dig.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'THEY.  ARE.  WRIGGLY.  LIKE.  OCTOPUS.  TENTACLES!'

Rain begins forming all around and falling to the the ground.

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'I ain't ever seen no stuff like that, but I'd like to.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'YOU.  DIG.  AND.  SEE.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'So, Ill dig an you chop the ten ickles 'til there aren't any more left?'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'NOT.  THAT.  EASY.  IT.  IS.  LIKE.  LEECHES.  STICK.  TO.  YOU.  AND.  SLIPPERY.  TO.  PULL.  OFF.  AND.  NO.  CHOPPING.  UNLESS.  YOU.  GIVE.  UP.  LEG.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'YOU.  DIG.  AND.  SEE.  THEN.  WE.  BOTH.  RUN.  AWAY.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'NOT.  MUSCLE.  PROBLEM.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'How 'bout fire? I ain't a big fan of wavin' torches all over, but I ain't big on crabs leechin' my breeches.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'I.  TRIED.  THEY.  ARE.  VERY.  FAST.  AND.  LOTS.  OF.  WATER.  BOILED.  SELF.  ALMOST.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Hmm. If you make the hole bigger, then there shouldn't be as much water in there, then it wont boil an burn us. Right?'

A burly, disfigured human man's forehead crinkles in thought.  It seems to be a great effort on his part.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'THEN.  LOTS.  MORE.  SAND.  AND.  WAVES.  UNDO.  SOME.  WORK.  EVERY.  DAY.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Like if you pour a shot in a shotglass, it'll be full, but it you pour it'll look empty if you pour it in a cup.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'THIS.  ISN'T.  SOMETHING.  TO.  BE.  DONE.  IN.  ONE.  AFTERNOON.  NOW.  YOU.  SAY.  DIG.  MANY.  MORE.  TIMES.  AS.  MUCH.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'What if you get a buncha things that can dig an prolly ain't worried 'bout crabs an water an can prolly dig fast? That demon captain can prolly make a buncha demons dig it all up.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, crossly, 'I.  MAKE.  NO.  DEALS.  WITH.  DEMONS.  AND.  NO.  HURRY.  ORVLIN.  AND.  CISSE.  PROBABLY.  DEAD.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'IF.  YOU.  GOT.  LOTSA.  THINGS.  NOT.  AFRAID.  OF.  TOEBITERS.  AND.  OKAY.  NOT.  SPLITTING.  BRING.  THEM.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Okay...maybe we can get a buncha beasts to put in the hole to chew on the ickles? It's only...five more feet you said?'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'THIRTY MORE.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'MAYBE.  I.  SHOW.  YOU.  ONE.  YOU.  SHOW.  ALARAC.  FIGURE.  OUT.  WHAT.  EATS.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'BITE.  PRIVATE.  PARTS.  SUCK.  OUT.  INSIDES!'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Sounds nasty. We should get these crabs so we can do spearmints on 'em.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'I.  GOT.  DEAD.  ONE.  IN.  BUSH.  YOU.  TAKE.  AWAY.'

A burly, disfigured human man utters the words, 'levitate'.
Kedi rises and floats above the ground.

A burly, disfigured human man leaves down.

Kedi leaves down.

/* etc */

Within the Deep Forest [Room 7472]
The forest canopy blocks all but a small bit of light from the forest floor.
Little grows upon the floor other than the massive trees themselves, with only
the occasional patch of grass or fern.  A small, thick bush grows at the base
of one tree, however, standing out from the remainder of the vast forest.
Tiny blooms of small, blood-red flowers dot the dark green leaves of the bush,
making it an extremely mysterious curiosity among the mostly colorless,
mazelike forest floor.


[Exits: north west (down)]
     A thick bush grows at the base of the tree, covered in tiny red blooms.
A burly, disfigured human man is here, floating in the air, digging through the bush.
A small, young male hebur nibbles on a stray patch of grass.


l leech
This off-white creature has a long, slimy tail coated in a generous layer of
gray mucus.  Its body is wider at the front, almost like that of a lobster,
and heavy armored in chitinous plates.  A round mouth full of teeth lies
beneath a pointed head with slimy, curled whiskers.  Some of the appendages
around the mouth have been adapted into claws, presumably to improve its hold
on its prey.

A burly, disfigured human man yells in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'HERE.'

Kedi has arrived from the west.

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'How longs it been dead?'

A burly, disfigured human man grunts and pushes himself to his full height, holding out a dead armored leech to Kedi.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'MAYBE.  THIS.  MORNING.'

A burly, disfigured human man gives a dead armored leech to Kedi.

Kedi places a dead armored leech on the blade of an iron shovel before holding it up to examine it.

Kedi says in common, while eyeing the leech, 'We'd prolly need somethin' tough to chew on these or a buncha hammers.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'SQUIRM.  REAL.  FAST.  EVEN.  OUT.  OF.  WATER.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Oh. We could prolly give them animals to eat insteada us then.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'BIG.  NESTS.  ALL.  TANGLED.  TOGETHER.  FALLING.  IN.  IS.  NIGHTMARE!'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Did they all die when you boiled 'em?'

A brown cemath leaves north.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'NOT.  SURE.  TOO.  MUCH.  STEAM.  FROTHY.  SMELLED.  BAD.  NOT.  DELICIOUS.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Well, we don't have to eat 'em, but that might be the way to kill em.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'CAN'T.  BOIL.  THEM.  WHEN.  ON.  YOU.  THOUGH.  FIND.  WAY.  TO.  KILL.  TOEBITERS.  THEN.  WE.  TALK.  MORE.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Where's the hole at? We might have to try an catch some more.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'DIG.  ANYWHERE.  ON.  BEACH.  IN.  SOUTHWEST.  GET.  MORE.  THAT.  WAY.'

A brown cemath has arrived from the north.

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Oh, so not near the Lesvideo bay an the mists? I was hopin' these were some mist beasts.'

Prog echo> A low, rumbling growl echoes through the forest.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'NOPE.  HAPHEN.  BEACH.'

Kedi says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a loud voice, 'Alrighty. The hole's on the beaches to the southwest. I'll try an see if we can lower in some animals to lure them out.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Kedi in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'GOODBYE.  DON'T.  LET.  TOEBITERS.  BITE.'

A burly, disfigured human man leaves west.

======================================

Along the Beach [Room 12016]
Offering a path in all directions, the beach moves along a western and
southern route.  Though no clear-cut trail has been made into the rainforest,
and the vegetation is a bit lighter in this particular section of the beach.
The sand is littered with various small shells and pebbles, otherwise it is
rather soft underfoot.  A strong breeze flows in from the west, bringing a
heavy salt scent with it.


[Exits: north east south west]
     A crater filled with murky water is slowly being filled in by the waves.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
(Charmed) A shy brown deer sniffs the dirt, looking for food.
Kedi is here.

Something splashes from deep within a water-filled crater in the sand.

Kedi moves to a few feet away from the crater's edge and peers down into it.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'I think they're in there.'

Pecho to Kedi>Murky water fills the crater.  Debris and sand have been washed down the sides by the waves.

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'How ominous! I hope the one you caught wasn't just a child leech-creature.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Well, well see now?'

Alarac nods at Kedi and then gives a brown deer a pitiful look.

Alarac says to a brown deer in common 'Your sacrifice is honorable! You will be remembered for your contributions to the artifact recovery effort!'

Kedi drops into a crouch and motions a brown deer towards him. He reaches out, placing a strong grasp on its neck and leads it towards the crater.

Alarac takes a single step away from the pit and then bows his head, one eye on Kedi.

Kedi wrestles with a brown deer as it struggles the closer it gets to the hole.

Alarac says to Kedi in common, blurting at him, 'Don't fall in! Imagine the mess!'

A brown deer kicks wildly, trying to escape Kedi's grasp.

A brown deer stomps on Kedi's armored feet.

Kedi lets out a yelp then digs his claws into a brown deer as he attempts to throw it towards the crater's edge.

A brown deer's feet slip at the edges of the crater. The sand begins to cave in and it starts to fall in, dragging Kedi with it.

Kedi releases his hold on a brown deer as he falls, scrambling to move away from the edge of the crater.

Alarac starts forward, but when Kedi lets go of the deer he digs his feet into the sand.

A brown deer falls into a water-filled crater in the sand with a loud splash.  From deep down, there is the sound of sniffing, snorting, and loose sand being knocked around.

Kedi shouts in common, frantically, 'Alarac! See what's down there!'

Alarac inches toward the crater. He gets down on all fours where it starts to dip down and carefully peers downward.

Pecho to Alarac>In the dim light, the deer seems to be standing in the water, submerged up to its neck.

Kedi stops flailing as he his his hands and feet into the sand, managing to pull himself several feet away from the crater.

Alarac says to Kedi in common, slowly, 'It looks... fine. Like it's just standing there.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, huffing, 'Just. Standin'?'

There are more sounds of loose sand being knocked into water as a brown deer tries to escape its watery prison.

The sun rises in the east.
Alarac's half-mask shudders with golden light, shifting into a stylized sun.
Kedi's half-mask shudders with golden light, shifting into a stylized sun.

Alarac says to Kedi in common, eyes still cast toward the pit, 'Yes! It's just stomping around, trying to get out.'

As the sunlight streams through the trees and into a water-filled crater in the sand, there is a sudden flurry of activity!  Water splashes out as a brown deer gives a panicked cry.

Kedi taps at his gold-trimmed sash as he stands.

With a surge of magic from a protective sash of gold-trimmed ivory scales, Kedi begins to fly.

The waves crash upon the beach.

Kedi hovers near the edge of the crater and peers into its depth.

The sand around the edges of the crater starts to cave inward with activity.  The advancing wave knocks more into the hole.

Alarac flinches back, startled, when the water is disturbed in the pit. He scurries back on his hands.

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

Pecho to Kedi>The deer is now struggling in a bloody pool of filthy water.  Occasionally, it manages to get its head or limbs out of the water, and they are all covered in slimy armored leeches.

Pecho to Alarac>The deer is now struggling in a bloody pool of filthy water.  Occasionally, it manages to get its head or limbs out of the water, and they are all covered in slimy armored leeches.

Alarac says to Kedi in common, floating back for good measure, 'When the sun came out, I think that woke them up!'

Pecho to Kedi>As the deer manages to pull its head out of the water, an armored leech pops out of the sandy sidewalls and lands on its eye.  In a flash, it burrows in, leaving only its slimy tail hanging with a trail of blood.

The noises in a water-filled crater in the sand start to die down.  There are still a few feeble splashes, and the deer is nowhere to be seen.  The water is quite bloody now.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Maybe its safe to dig at nigh-JEYNE'S HORNS! DID YOU SEE THAT!?'

The day has begun.

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'What? When it got all covered in them?'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'It jumped in its eye an ate its brain!'

Alarac stares at Kedi and then rubs at his own eye with a balled fist.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Maybe now you could boil the water?'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'That is gross! I think they respond to the light with activity. Do you remember what time of day you found this one at?'

Alarac digs a dead armored leech out of a pocket.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Nah, I got it from that one human.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'If we could catch a live leech, we could safely test their responsiveness to light. I am unwilling to dive down there in the dark based on questionable observation.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Yah, they're quick.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'Do you have any bits of meat on you right now? Or a container of some sort?'

Kedi moves away from the crater as he rummages around in a rucksack.

Kedi gently lands on the ground.

Kedi drops a cup of wriggling mealworms.

Alarac considers a cup of wriggling mealworms for a moment.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'We could catch some more animals?'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'Wait here a moment? I can get something to fish them out with and a good container!'

The mealworms wriggle on the sand, spilled from the cup.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'You got some fishin' poles? I only got a net. We could prolly put a monkey in the net an pull it out after they bite it.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'Maybe just kick those worms in and net them up?'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'I guess?'

Kedi gets a black-roped fishing net from a rucksack made from the hide of a gray shark.

Kedi holds a black-roped fishing net in his hand.

Alarac nods and grabs at some of the worms. He lobs them (and some sand) right into the crater.

Plop!  Plop!  The mealworms disappear into the water.  A few ripples appear from the leeches swimming under the surface.

Kedi holds onto a thick rope as he tosses the bulk of the net into the crater, waits for it to settle a moment, then begins drawing it back out.

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'I wonder if they can live outside of water. I don't have a jar on me!'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'I left a jar near Sathis!'

Alarac prays for transportation!
Alarac begins to disappear in a whorl of purple light.

The leeches wriggle inside the net.  Most of them find their ways through the holes and slip back into the water.

Alarac has arrived through a shimmering gate.

Kedi drags the net a good bit away from the crater before he starts to examine his catch.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'See if you can catch one in the jar!'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'I think there's a couple in there still.'

Alarac waves about a bell-shaped glass jar. He flies over to gather some water from along the beach and then rejoins Kedi, water sloshing about.

One of the plumper leeches fails to fall through the net.  It wriggles, its slime coating the net in a sticky ooze.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, pointing, 'Ew! Grab it!'

Alarac makes a face and holds the jar under the leech. He taps at it with the end of a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass to knock it off the net.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Are there any more?'

A dead armored leech rolls off the net and onto the sand.  It seems disoriented for a moment and then tries to burrow into the wet sand.

Kedi tugs on the net, attempting to shake more leeches free.

There are no more leeches.  They were all thin enough to fall through the holes.

Wielding his jar, Alarac bends down and swipes at the fat leech to try and scoop it up!

The waves crash upon the beach.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'S'it look angrier than the dead ones?'

Most of the leech lands in the jar along with a generous scoop of sand.  Its tail flops out wetly, dribbling foul slime down the side.

Alarac peers at the tail for a second, keeping the jar at arm's length.

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'Oh no... uh, oh! It is probably angry now, yes.'

The slime dribbles down the side of the jar and onto Alarac's hand.

Pecho to Alarac>Where the slime touches you, your hand goes numb.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Put a lid on it b'fore it jumps out an digs in your eye!'

The fat leech wriggles more, landing itself inside the jar.  Its chitinous mouthparts clinkclink against the glass.

Alarac blinks and sets the jar down, pressing it firmly into the sand.

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'The slime... it makes your skin numb! Come here and see if it works through your fur!'

Kedi shakes his net out one last time before balling it up and storing it.

Kedi stops using a black-roped fishing net.

The leech writhes inside its confines.  Its shell clinks against the glass.

Kedi puts a black-roped fishing net in a rucksack made from the hide of a gray shark.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, holding out his hand, 'Uh, okay. Wipe some on me.'

Alarac simply spreads some of the goo on Kedi's forearm, leaving a smear. He sets a gloved hand over the jar's top.

Kedi raises his forearm up to his nose, taking a light sniff before grimacing and turning his head.

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'I hope it doesn't die without the tail! We can use this one to test their sensitivity to light back home! Their numbing ability might be most useful.'

Pecho to Kedi>The slime smells very, very foul.  Where it seeps through to your skin, your forearm goes numb.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, while rubbing some sand over his arm, 'Uh, yah...sure. It's nasty.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'And it made you all numb?'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Yah. I don't like it. We should burn all of 'em.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'In due time! If this set of experiments with the one we caught goes well, we might avoid dealing with them all together by diving at night!'

You reward Alarac with 1% rewardpool.

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'Or maybe freeze all of it. It'l prolly make it harder to dig, but I don't think slugs like bein' froze.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'Probably not!'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'Anyway! I will put this in the cellar! If you can catch more at some point with others, that would be wonderful. But I think one should suffice.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'I can try. I'll prolly just try an burn 'em next time.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'That is a good plan! If we know they can be boiled, it may be a good alternative to night digging too.'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'I'll write stuff if I get some barrels fulla oil an do it.'

Alarac says to Kedi in common 'Alright! Do you want a portal somewhere, then?'

Kedi says in common, in a loud voice, 'I gotta go drink a buncha ale right now. Dealin' with slimy crabs means more ale than usual.'

Alarac gives a dirty mug to Kedi.

Kedi nods.

Alarac says in common 'It is fairly old. Does ale improve with age?'

Kedi says to Alarac in common, in a loud voice, 'That'll do for now!'

Alarac sips a dirty mug.

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

Kedi drinks dark ale from a dirty mug.

Kedi leaves north.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #51 on: August 01, 2014, 08:42:33 PM »
Today:

Coterie fails to flip for the feather.
Coterie fails to roll for an early action.

Explorers fail to flip for second guard's weakness.
Explorers fail to roll for an early action.

Karzt fails to roll for alternate action.
Ship captain rolls a 1d10 and gets 9, so he chases Orvlin off.  Orvlin is now in the inn, resting.


A Room in the Inn of the Flying Whale [Room 30019]
Set in the southwest corner of the inn, this room has a very wooded feel as
all the walls are constructed with boards of dark oak and the floor is lined
in wooden planks.  Offsetting this dark, earthy look is a large window upon
the western wall that gives view to the vast sea outside and the endless
travels of the boats coming in and out of the docks.  A chest of drawers
stands in the northern corner of the room just below the window.  It gives
guests a place to store their belongings and a kerosene lamp set on top to
give light.  A bed covered in a blue velvet blanket has been placed at the
center of the room along with two soft pillows that sit at its head.  A
painting of the platform itself along with its docks and shops has been set on
the northern wall.  An excellent work of art, the painting captures the
bustling traffic of the platform but also portrays the solitude of the center
of the world as it is placed in the middle of endless sea.  On the southern
wall is another painting but this one focuses on the Inn of the Flying Whale
from the outside as if one was looking at it from the walkway.  A door leads
in and out of the room to the east. 


[Exits: (east)]
     An oak chair rests by the small window.
A short, fox-like male canidae is here, lying in bed, looking quite worn and beaten.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #52 on: August 12, 2014, 08:29:29 PM »
Daslor finds out some background information about Orvlin fighting the necromancer ship captain for a month.

=======

The Center Of The Wooden Boardwalk [Room 30020]
The rafts here are joined on either side where thick wooden posts have been
lashed and bound together.  A few extra boards have been nailed in place over
the seam as well.  Constant traffic has worn the planks near the center of the
walkway smooth and glossy.  Heavy ropes have been strung along the sides of
the boardwalk to save the unobservant or clumsy from an accidental bath.  The
floating path extends north and south, with large, floating structures in both
directions.


[Exits: north south]
     A small, weathered fishing boat has been tied to the raft's edge.
Daslor is here.
A surly, young dock worker is here, minding his duties.

Daslor says to a dock worker in common 'Working hard?'

A dock worker says in common, looking around quickly, 'What?  No, I ain't slackin'-- of course I'm workin' hard!'

Daslor says to a dock worker in common, nodding, 'Of course, of course. Anyhow, I want to get straight to the point. You work these docks so I figured you would be the best to answer these questions.'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'Yeah?  Well, I'm on the job as you said, and time is money.  Hurry it up before the boss finds us chit-chattin'.'

Daslor says to a dock worker in common 'Have you heard any rumors about what it is the dark figure summoning the demons wanted?'

Daslor says to a dock worker in common 'Any information is appreciated, and perhaps you had noticed that that dark figure has left the docks.'

A dock worker hurriedly picks up a board from inside an old fishing boat and pretends to look over it with immense interest.

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'Rumors?  Ain't nobody needs rumors.  Their fight's been yelled all over the pier for months.  That necromancer used to own the Nomicon.'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'Y'know, back before I heard he sold 'n quit sailin'.'

The wind kicks up a little over the water as dark clouds roll in from the sea.

Daslor says to a dock worker in common 'Ahh. Fight's? About what?.. if you don't mind me asking.'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'Boat ownership.  The canidae fella bought it from him months ago, and for some reason,.'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'He came back wantin' his boat back.'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'So they fought.  Canidae says he bought it fair and square, old ship captain--he's a dagahasi-- just says hand it over and keep yer life.'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, with a nod toward the pier, 'Figure if he's gone now, the fight's over.'

Daslor says in common 'Perhaps, or the real fight has just begun.'

A dock worker pulls out a pair of pliers from his belt and tries to look extremely focused on pulling out some nails from the board.

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'You wanna speculate, do that on your own time.  I'm just tellin' ya hard facts.'

Daslor says to a dock worker in common 'Hear anything about where the Nomicon has left too? And I appreciate the facts you are telling me. Perhaps a bit of compensation is in order.'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'I didn't get into this business so I could get all namby-pamby sayin' stuff like "Ya never know" or "Everything happens for a reason" or "There's always a way."  Girl chat.'

A dock worker spits into the water.

Daslor nods his head twice in rapid succession.

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'Nomicon ain't left the pier for months.  It's right there where it used to dock, just hasn't been sailin' since the canidae bougt it.'

With a PLUNK, a dock worker pulls one of the nails free of the board.  It ricochets off of the boardwalk before plopping into the water.

Daslor says to a dock worker in common 'Perhaps you know what it is the canidae wants with the ship...'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'You still don't know?  Guy's been hanging' 'round for years now.  Said he's a lost sailor who got wrecked here and needed a boat to get home.  Then once he got the boat, his crew got kidnapped or bailed or something.'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'He used to hang out at the tavern 'til he got the boat, and then all he did was hide in the boat.  Only folks that came to see him said they were sellin' explosives.'

Daslor says to a dock worker in common 'Explosives you say, do you know if any explosives were bought?'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, with a whistle, 'There sure were at least some.  Exploded demon bits all over the pier.  Probably how he held out for so long against that dagahasi captain.  That fella's a bona fide, Cranezmore-trained necromancer.'

Daslor says to a dock worker in common 'Thank you for your time sir, I will return with a gift for your cooperation.'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, in a surly manner, 'You got any more questions?'

Daslor says to a dock worker in common 'Oh, no... that will be it for now. Thank you.'

A dock worker says to Daslor in common, looking up and down the pier, 'Right then.  I'd best get to work... and I wasn't loafin' at all if anyone asks.'

A dock worker gives Daslor a severe look.

A dock worker drops the board in an old fishing boat and promptly walks off.

A dock worker leaves north.

Daslor leaves south.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #53 on: August 12, 2014, 08:39:53 PM »
Claire, Melrakki, Daslor, and Ellie come upon the pit.  They throw a monkey corpse in and nothing happens until the sun rises (they're also fortunate it's morning).  They then rig a net with meat chunks and pieces of fire ant and capture several leeches, which they put in a barrel of salt water.  The leeches are not interested in the ant bits at all.  Again, the numbing effect of their slime is demonstrated on Claire and Daslor.

=======


Along the Beach [Room 12016]
Offering a path in all directions, the beach moves along a western and
southern route.  Though no clear-cut trail has been made into the rainforest,
and the vegetation is a bit lighter in this particular section of the beach.
The sand is littered with various small shells and pebbles, otherwise it is
rather soft underfoot.  A strong breeze flows in from the west, bringing a
heavy salt scent with it.


[Exits: north east south west]
     (Glowing) The flames of a blazing campfire burn brightly here.
     A crater filled with murky water is slowly being filled in by the waves.
Daslor is here, floating in the air.
(Red Aura) Ellie is here, floating in the air, over the crater looking down at it warrily.
(Golden Aura) Claire, Paladin of the Crusade is here.
Melrakki is here, crouched by the campfire, keeping his distance from the crater of water.

Claire says to Daslor in common, shaking her head, 'I feel one will not do. We need to distract them enough to where a level of comfort is reached.'

Claire eats a seasoned, pan-seared swordfish steak.

Daslor says to Claire in common 'I will enter with you if that is what you're saying.'

Daslor shrugs.

Claire says to Daslor in common, smiling with a firm nod, 'I had hoped you'd say that.'

Daslor glances back toward Ellie and Melrakki.

Daslor says in common, glancing between the two, 'You two are staying, then?'

Ellie says to Daslor in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Noooope.. I aint crazy.'

Claire says to Ellie in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'We should aim to get a live animal, and maybe a dead one or two to act as a distraction.'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'This seems most unwise.'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'We can get a animal or something..'

Ellie peers intently east.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'How about a monkey?'

Daslor peers intently east.

Melrakki shrugs.

Melrakki says in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'At least lob a rock in there first.'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I will be right back with a monkey.. don't be dead.'

Ellie leaves east.

Melrakki utters the words, 'detect hidden'.

Melrakki utters the words, 'detect magic'.

Claire says to Melrakki in common, nodding slowly, 'It does feel a bit unwise, if I am to be completely honest.'

Ellie has arrived from the east.

Ellie leaves east.

Melrakki says to Claire in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'There are things called "nets."  Fishermen use them.  I hope you do not intend to put your hands within range of them until we have seen them.'

Melrakki utters the words, 'detect hidden'.

The corpse of a sable nalvesu monkey slides in from the east.

Ellie has arrived from the east.

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Big n burly.. you get to toss it in!'

Ellie grins.

Claire says to Melrakki in common, shaking her head, 'No, I do not plan to do such a thing. I'd like to see how they respond to Ellie's gift. Gauge their size.'

Daslor looks from the corpse of a sable nalvesu monkey to Ellie, laughing slightly.

Daslor looks at Melrakki.

Melrakki looks to the corpse of a sable nalvesu monkey with distaste and gives it a kick into a water-filled crater in the sand.

Claire attempts to move closer to the crater and peers down into it, standing only where she feels her footing can be secured.

The corpse of a sable nalvesu monkey disappears into the darkness of the pit.  Far below, there is a a splash.

Pecho to Claire>From what you can see, the water quickly becomes calm again in the wake of the fallen corpse.  There seems to be no additional activity.

The sun rises in the east.

A log falls inside the fire, sending embers into the air.

Ellie looks down at the pit with a disappointed look.

Claire says to Ellie in common, watching the water for a moment before looking up, 'Well, that is one heavy monkey.'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Well.. that was... lacking..'

Daslor nods his head twice in rapid succession.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Think it has ta be alive?'

As the sun rises, there is suddenly a flurry of activity from inside the pit!  Water splashes everywhere, some of it coming up out of the hole.

A blazing campfire crumbles into dust.

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Ellie begins to fly.

Claire says to Daslor in common, curiously, 'How do you feel about the hobby of fishing?'

Pecho to Claire>As you watch, chitinous, slimy leeches emerge from the sand, pouncing on the submerged corpse.  The water rapidly turns red.

Pecho to Ellie>As you watch, chitinous, slimy leeches emerge from the sand, pouncing on the submerged corpse.  The water rapidly turns red.

Ellie darts up into the world as her eyes grow wide.

Daslor says to Claire in common 'Well, I am not a -great- fisherman. But, fish are delicious.'

Melrakki takes one step closer to a water-filled crater in the sand and peers into it.

Daslor floats a bit further into the air, glancing down towards a water-filled crater in the sand.

Pecho to Melrakki>As you watch, chitinous, slimy leeches emerge from the sand, pouncing on the submerged corpse.  The water rapidly turns red.

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'What happened?  I did not see--.'

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Welp!! they don't need it living..'

Pecho to Daslor>As you watch, chitinous, slimy leeches emerge from the sand, pouncing on the submerged corpse.  The water rapidly turns red.

Claire scrunches her face as if smelling something foul but continues to watch the water. Her fingers move to cover her mouth as she watches silently.

A foul smell comes out of a water-filled crater in the sand.  Some of the water splashing out is red as well.

Daslor grins to himself, his gaze still on a water-filled crater in the sand.

Melrakki says in common, after a moment, 'I am most certainly not going in.'

Claire says in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'They seem to like the meat, I wonder if the sun spurred them into the action. Quite voracious these beasts are.'

Ellie thinks in common 'If daslor was nearer the edge.. I may jus kick him in..'

Daslor says to Claire in common 'If I am going to there, I am going to need a bigger knife.'

Daslor coughs loudly.

After a while, the activity in a water-filled crater in the sand starts to calm.  The water's surface grows eerily smooth again, save for the occasional ripple from the oncoming waves.

Ellie laughs.

Daslor says in common 'Going in there, rather.'

Ellie gives a gleaming scimitar of polished irium to Daslor.

Claire says in common, taking a step back from the crater, 'They make quick work of their prey, in this case that monkey which did at one time seem big.'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Seriously... why not dragons?...'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Dragons are easy.. But nooooo.. you want slugs.'

Ellie mutters softly before heading to the north.

Ellie leaves north.

Daslor says to Claire in common 'I guess I will take a peace of that dried up beef stuff.'

Daslor shrugs.

Daslor opens a rucksack made from the hide of a giant warty swamp toad.

Daslor says in common 'Wait!'

Daslor gets a cluster of royal purple grapes from a rucksack made from the hide of a giant warty swamp toad.

Daslor eats a cluster of royal purple grapes.

Daslor nods his head twice in rapid succession.

Daslor says in common 'Never mind!'

Daslor looks all around.

Melrakki says to Claire in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I suppose the next step is to figure out how to dredge this thing up from there.  It might be even further underground than we can tell.'

Claire says to Daslor in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I think we would do best to try to remove several of these leeches before venturing beneath the surface and digging.'

The waves crash upon the beach.

Daslor says to Melrakki in common 'Perhaps kicking one into the crater, and having a spare waiting outside of the crater, A bit further back so that it leaps out for it maybe?'

Daslor nods.

Melrakki says to Daslor in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'There look to be many of them in there.  They were emerging from the sand.'

Daslor says in common 'Then, while it pounces the dead monkey or whatever, we can pounce it.'

Claire says to Daslor in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I was thinking of baiting a hook of sorts that is rigged with meat that can be used to reel them from the hole.'

Daslor says in common 'Yes, that is right.'

Daslor snaps his fingers.

Daslor looks all around.

Daslor peers intently north.

Ellie has arrived from the north.

Ellie drags the corpse of a dog-sized fire ant with her.

Claire says to Melrakki in common, looking back at the crater and wincing as if in pain, 'Of course I do not know that if we pull a hundred out I'd still want to risk going fully into the hole.'

Ellie leaves south.

Ellie has arrived from the south.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Then why don't you hold onto this ant and jus like... dip it in?'

Melrakki says to Claire in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Can we not poison them en masse?'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I would suggest tying it to a rope and fish or something...'

Claire says to Ellie in common, nodding, 'I believe that to be the best course of action, or at least the potentially safest route.'

Melrakki says in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Do any of you have some coins?  I can acquire a pole.'

Daslor says in common 'Hrm. Have a fishing pole that can hold something that big?'

Claire says to Melrakki in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I actually have one, fishing was a hobby of mine until it involved these flesh hungry leeches.'

Melrakki nods.

Melrakki utters the words, 'roam'.
Melrakki roams into the shadows.

Melrakki roams out of the shadows.

Melrakki gives a pouch of bloody meat chunks to Claire.

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Daslor begins to fly.

Claire says to Melrakki in common, mulling at the idea, 'Poisoning them is worth a try, an animal that would act as a host to toxic blood or insides could be used as bait.'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I think a net would be better in all honesty..'

Melrakki utters the words, 'roam'.
Melrakki roams into the shadows.

Claire says to Ellie in common, after a moment she nods, 'We could rig the meat to the sections of net, I will also cut up pieces of this fire ant you have brought us.'

Melrakki roams out of the shadows.

Ellie nods at Claire.

Melrakki says in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I could only find a tattered one for free.'

Melrakki gives a ragged fishing net to Claire.

Ellie counts her money.

The day has begun.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'That properly wont hold...'

Ellie counts her money.

Claire moves over to the corpse of the fire ant and using her sword begins to hack off sections into smaller chunks that she lets lay on the ground.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'You know how much the one at the pier costs?'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Not a clue.'

Melrakki says in common, rubbing the back of his neck, 'I am no fisherman.'

Ellie shakes her head.

Ellie gives Melrakki some coins.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Go to the pier and get the sturdy one..'

Claire says to Melrakki in common, poking at some of the chunks of hacked up ant, 'Maybe the taste of this ant they will not enjoy, I'd like to mix it in with the other meat chunks.'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'That should cover it.'

Melrakki utters the words, 'roam'.
Melrakki roams into the shadows.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'All I have is a tattered fishing pole.. I haven't really needed a GOOD pole.'

Ellie frowns.

Melrakki roams out of the shadows.

Melrakki gives Ellie some coins.

Claire says to Daslor in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'When he returns we can rig these pieces of meat and ant parts to the net.'

Melrakki drops a black-roped fishing net.

Daslor nods his head twice in rapid succession.

Daslor says to Claire in common 'Sounds like a plan.'

Melrakki utters the words, 'roam'.
Melrakki roams into the shadows.

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Yup! this should work!'

Melrakki roams out of the shadows.

Melrakki drops a spool of waxen blue thread.

Claire moves over to the net and stretches it out to capacity before surveying its length and placing the chunks of meat on the ground.

Ellie eats a small slab of beef jerky.

Claire says to Melrakki in common, leaning over to take a section of thread, 'Thank you for using your skillset to aid in this ploy.'

Claire drops a pouch of bloody meat chunks.

Ellie tilts her head curiously before tossing a length of ruddy human skin into the pit.

Ellie drops a length of ruddy human skin.

Melrakki says to Claire in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Here, I have a knife.  It should be better for cutting the thread than your longer blades.'

Claire uses the thread to fasten a chunk of the meat to a section of the net, repeating the process on another section this time with a piece of the butchered fire ant.

Melrakki gets a small onyx throwing knife from a small leather pack adorned with feathers.

Melrakki gives a small onyx throwing knife to Claire.

The waves crash upon the beach.

The skin lands in the water with a plop.  It floats for a while before it jerks around, as if being attacked.  However, the creatures nibbling on it soon loose interest.

Daslor grabs a thread and spreads it out, cutting through it with an amber-studded kris with a fiery blade.

Claire nods at Melrakki and smiles after receiving the knife. She slips the front of the blade against the thread and cuts it before drawing out another length which she cuts.

Claire stops using an irium longsword with an emerald-studded hilt.

Claire wields a small onyx throwing knife.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Welp... they seem to attack anything that enters the pit..'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'They seem to be not very interested in the skin though compared to the monkey.'

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession at Melrakki.

Claire says to Ellie in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Quite violently too from my vantage point with the monkey.'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Properly do to the lack of meat..'

Ellie says to Daslor in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Why don't you get my skin back?'

Ellie says to Daslor in common, grinning, 'Be a good pal.'

Melrakki cracks a grin at that.

Ellie thinks in common 'And get dragged in and devoured...'

Claire says to Ellie in common, looking up while continuing to fasten several more pieces of meat to the net, 'Your skin I'm afraid is a lost cause.'

Melrakki ignites some tinder and starts a blazing campfire.

Melrakki stokes the campfire, making it burn brightly.

Melrakki stokes the campfire, making it burn brightly.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I don't know... I think it is on good authority that they don't like felis blood..'

Daslor nods his head twice in rapid succession.

Ellie says to Daslor in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'You have the best chance..'

Ellie pats Daslor's arm.

Ellie says to Daslor in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Gods speed.'

Daslor says to Ellie in common 'I'd rather not test that theory with me.'

Daslor smiles.

Claire works diligently at the net before stepping backward and looking over it again, nodding first to Daslor. She begins to look for a section to get a good grip at next, as if practicing.

The waves crash upon the beach.

Daslor grabs a chunk of meat, tieing the chunk to a black-roped fishing net, then taking the extra lacing and wrapping it to secure the chunk.

Melrakki says in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Do we have something to put the leeches in when we capture them?'

Ellie blinks.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Uuuuum...'

Daslor grabs some more thread, repeating the process.

Ellie peers intently east.

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Unless we were expecting to carry them around in our bags?'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Uuum.. yes?'

Ellie tilts her head slightly to the side.

Melrakki says in common, distastefully, 'They are slimy.'

Claire says in common, mulling at the idea, 'Well I have a knapsack we can use, but I do agree, the sand may not be best as they could potentially burrow.'

Daslor says to Melrakki in common 'Be a man.'

Daslor chuckles politely.

Melrakki says to Daslor in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'You first.'

Ellie nods at Melrakki.

Daslor says to Melrakki in common, still focusing on the net, 'Once we draw and capture it, I will.'

The waves crash upon the beach.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Alright.. you can hold onto the slimy blood sucking creatures.'

Claire drops a knapsack of pure white wolf fur.

Melrakki says in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Should we aim to have a dead specimen or a live one?'

Claire says to Ellie in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I'll dispose of them further into  the forest once we make some headway.'

Ellie nods at Claire.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Couple of both I think.'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I would like to see if I could make anything out of their skins.'

Claire says to Melrakki in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I think we should keep several alive, which I will take responsibility of. Even feeding them, I'd like to try to find soemthing they are weak against.'

The waves crash upon the beach.

Melrakki says to Claire in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Are you sure you do not want a jar of water to keep them in?'

Claire says to Melrakki in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I had hoped to obtain them once I arrived back to Alandis, do you feel they would survive that long?'

Melrakki says to Claire in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I do not like the thought of touching them for that long.'

Claire says to Ellie in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'They will be fed, but we wouldn't want them to dry out.'

Melrakki utters the words, 'roam'.

Ellie nods at Claire.

Melrakki concentrates on something.

Melrakki utters the words, 'roam'.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'So basically you want a barrel?'

Melrakki utters the words, 'roam'.
Melrakki roams into the shadows.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'And fill it with their water?'

Melrakki roams out of the shadows.

Melrakki drops an iron-banded barrel.

Claire says to Ellie in common, hanging her head, 'That is a treacherous walk carrying a barrel, but not impossible.'

Melrakki leans against the barrel to catch his breath as he lets it fall with a thud, water splashing out the top.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'We have like... three people who can carry it.'

Ellie grins.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Alright. I like him.'

Ellie grins.

Claire says to Ellie in common, wear a surprised grin, 'Oh you had planned to aid in carrying it? Didn't think you would volunteer.'

Ellie snorts.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Hardly!'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'You daslor and melmel here.'

Ellie grins.

Claire says to Melrakki in common, nodding, 'Thank you, we will empty it and fill a section with the water from the ocean here.'

Melrakki gets an iron-banded barrel.

Claire grips the net and looks to Daslor with a nod motioning with her head to the crater.

Melrakki inverts an iron-banded barrel, spilling water all over the ground.

Melrakki concentrates on something.

Melrakki utters the words, 'roam'.
Melrakki roams into the shadows.

Claire says to Daslor in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'You and I are to go fishing, if we synchronize we should be able to pull this off.'

Melrakki roams out of the shadows.

Melrakki drops an iron-banded barrel.

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Daslor grips the other side of the net, shrugging.

Daslor says to Claire in common 'We will see!'

Melrakki drags an iron-banded barrel after him.  This time he slumps on the ground against it, seeming very short of breath.

Daslor joins Claire's group.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Hmmm...'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Don't fall in now.'

Ellie thinks in common 'The cat can..'

Claire says to Daslor in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Lets give it a go.'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I shall endeavor not to.'

Daslor says to Claire in common 'So do we just dive in, or shall we count?'

Claire nods at Daslor and tosses a section of the net into the water, holding onto the edge so she can maintain a good grip.

Daslor stands at the other side, keeping a tight grip on the net. Glancing down toward a water-filled crater in the sand then back to Claire continuously.

As the bloody meat chunks enter the water, the water's surface becomes alive.  Leeches dive into the net, ripping and tearing at the meat chunks but ignoring the chitinous ant parts.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Claire... if you fall in.. I am SO not going in aft-.'

Daslor says in common 'Now!'

Melrakki says in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Quick, pull them in!'

Claire looks patiently down into the crater, keeping her eyes shifting from the net and over to Daslor and nods immeadiatly giving a quick pull on her side of the net.

Daslor pulls on the net, attempting to drag the leech onto the surface, trapping it in.

Most of the meat chunks have been devoured.  A few leeches still remain in the net, trapped and unsure of where to escape into the water.

Daslor says in common 'Quick, put the net into the barrel!'

Ellie says to Daslor in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'The barrel the barrel!'

Daslor quickly scuffles his way over towards an iron-banded barrel, placing his end of the net in, glancing towards Claire.

Claire moves toward daslor to close the net in her approach. Using both hands she tries to keep it closed and ball it up enough to fit into the barrel.

The waves crash upon the beach.

Daslor says in common 'Alright. Who is carrying the barrel?'

The leeches fall into the barrel.  Plop.  Plop.  Plop!

Daslor says to Claire in common 'Me, or you?'

Claire once both Daslor and she are clear of the net she motions for the barrel to be sealed, looking around her actions having become more frantic.

Melrakki says in common, throwing up his hands, 'I suppose I could... drop it off.'

A foul smell comes up from the net.  Slime dribbles from it onto the ground.

Melrakki makes a face.

Claire says to Melrakki in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I would not ask you to shoulder all of that responsibility, we can make our way back by foot, lest you want to drop it off at the Inn at the Central Pier. I will stay there this day.'

Daslor says in common 'Well, we captured it.'

Ellie's nose wrinkles at the slime and takes a step back.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Yip...ee?'

Daslor says in common 'Which one of you wants to seal them things up?'

Daslor motions towards an iron-banded barrel.

Check syntax again, you made an error.

Claire nods at Daslor and does not speak but searches to quickly locate the lid in order to seal it. She presses on the edges to make sure it is secured.

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Not it.'

The waves crash upon the beach.

Claire says in common, placing her hands on top and sighing heavily in relief, 'I will.'

Daslor says in common 'Oh. Looks like Claire has taken care of it.'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Good girl.'

Ellie grins.

Pecho to Claire>Some of the slime slips in the cracks of your gauntlet.  Where it touches your skin, your skin becomes numb.

Daslor grins at Ellie.

Pecho to Daslor>Some of the slime slips in the cracks of your gauntlet.  Where it touches your skin, your skin becomes numb.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'See.. I can deal with the dragons and krakens and sharks.. you will deal with the slimy icky things.'

Melrakki bends over and raps on the side of an iron-banded barrel.

A few clunks come from inside an iron-banded barrel in response to Melrakki.

Claire looks at her hands curiously, beginning to flex her fingers to the best of her ability. Her expression scrunches up further as if tasting something terrible.

Daslor glances down to his hands, shaking them.

Daslor says to Claire in common 'You feeling that too?'

Daslor looks down to his hands curiously.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Now.. I have to say.. this is properly the best turtore device.. ever.'

Ellie grins.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Shove a persons hand in let them gnaw on it for a few.'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Head in first, yeah?'

Claire says to Ellie in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'This slime is not just strange feeling, but I worry over what it may do to my hands and skin.'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Is it numbing?...'

Daslor nods his head twice in rapid succession.

Daslor says in common 'Yes..'

Melrakki says in common, blankly, 'Why are you not washing your hands right now?'

Daslor says in common 'In what? The water filled with the leeches?'

A blazing campfire crumbles into dust.

Daslor grins.

Melrakki says in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'In the ocean which is not full of leeches?'

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Daslor begins to fly.

Daslor leaves north.

Daslor has arrived from the north.

Daslor leaves east.

Melrakki utters the words, 'fount'.
A fount of clean water begins to flow freely in a widening pool.

Melrakki says to Claire in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'That is for you, my lady.'

Claire clinks her gauntleted hands together, still trying to make the best of flexing her fingers. She looks up more alert and nods several times to Melrakki before moving with more ahste to the fount of water.

Claire says to Melrakki in common, dipping her hands beneath the surface and running them together, 'I thank you very much Melrakki.'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Now.. what are you going to do with that barrel... You know you are gonna have to feed them.. And there IS a surplus of beggars. I could thin the herd so to speak.'

Melrakki utters the words, 'detect hidden'.

Claire draws her hands from the water and pulls the gauntlets off by sticking them beneath her arms and begins to work feverishly at her hands inside the fount of water in an attempt to clean them.

Daslor has arrived from the south.

Daslor gives a gleaming scimitar of polished irium to Ellie.

Pecho to Claire>As you wash your hands, the sensation slowly returns.

Claire says to Ellie in common, looking over from the work she performs on her hands, 'They seemed to enjoy the meat chunks just fine, so that is what I will feed them until we can learn more of them.'

Melrakki says to Claire in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'It seems we would have to figure out how to eliminate the whole school of them... and then I am unsure of how far we must dig.'

Ellie sticks out her bottom lip and pouts.

Daslor says in common 'Well, that net trick worked. Perhaps we can do that a few times, putting them in barrels.'

Daslor says in common 'See how many we can fish out of there.'

Claire says to Melrakki in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'With the churning waters it could be quite deep, but I do agree, there are such a large number it maybe our only option.'

Daslor says in common 'For now... I am done fishing.'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I am sure they will live longer with fresher meat..'

For the record, I will not be repeating this rp 23048932424 times until all the leeches are gone.  Come up with something else please!

Melrakki says to Claire in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Shall I drop the barrel off at the inn?'

Claire says to Ellie in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'They need only live long enough for us to learn what they may eat that could kill them.'

Daslor nods.

Melrakki says to Claire in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I think we should gather a race of ant-like people to dig for us.  They seem to be unpalatable to the creatures.'

Claire says to Melrakki in common, nodding, 'Yes, if you could. I will find the room with the barrel in it.'

Claire gives Melrakki some coins.

Melrakki drags an iron-banded barrel with him.

Melrakki gets an iron-banded barrel.

Melrakki concentrates on something.

Melrakki utters the words, 'roam'.
Melrakki roams into the shadows.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'So not doing a breading program?'

Daslor says to Claire in common 'Well, I am happy you brought me onto this adventure, although my hand could have just fell off.'

Claire says in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'Even wearing a full caraprace of insect armor I would worry about diving into the water. Though it is not a bad thought if they proove to have cast iron stomachs.'

Claire says to Daslor in common, waving both hands, 'Well at least we did walk away with both, I feel we have made some progress here.'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Want to stash them in the safe?'

Daslor nods.

Ellie chuckles politely.

Daslor says in common 'I should get some rest, experimenting on these things may take some tedious work.'

The waves crash upon the beach.

Ellie nods at Daslor.

Claire says to Daslor in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I will go to find the room Melrakki chose, and sleep next to these creatures that may eat me while I dream'.'

Claire says to Ellie in common, grinning, 'Care to share a bunk under these conditions?'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Uuuumm.. how bout not..'

Daslor says to Claire in common 'No. Allow me to take them. You are acting as our leader. Those chances I can't take.'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'How about we take them to that underground safe are.. seal them in there.'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'And sleep in there with the nice thick door.'

Claire says to Ellie in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'I'm not moving the barrel anymore than necessary, he took it to the inn.'

The waves crash upon the beach.

Daslor nods.

Daslor says to Claire in common 'WHen I wake I will come and find you, yeah? That way we can conduct our experiments.'

Ellie frowns.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I'm not sleeping next to somethign that will suck my blood.'

Daslor says to Ellie in common 'You are welcome to come too, if you'd like.'

Claire says to Daslor in common, in a flat, direct manner, 'That sounds like a great idea, I will await your presence.'

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Well... som,ething slimy that will suck my blood.'

Daslor nods.

Daslor says to Ellie in common 'I am sure there is a nice bed at the Casino. Though, I usually sleep in the suit. It is way more comfy.'

Claire says to Ellie in common, grinning, 'I'd hoped you would be more specific there, wouldn't want to hurt anyones feelings now would we.'

Daslor says to Claire in common 'Or would you like for me to hold onto that for you?'

Ellie smiles.

Ellie says to Claire in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'You still have this one.'

Ellie raises an eyebrow.

Claire nods at Daslor and quickly retrieves her knapsack and stores it inside of another bag she carries at her back.

Claire gets a knapsack of pure white wolf fur.

The waves crash upon the beach.

Daslor says to Claire in common 'You be well, yeah?'

Claire says to Daslor in common, flourishing a sweeping bow, 'I shall, and you as well, until we meet again soon.'

Daslor says to Ellie in common 'You too. I will be contacting you for some more lessons on our special tongue.'

Ellie waves at Daslor.

Ellie says to Daslor in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Of course.'

Ellie smiles.

Daslor nods slowly, bringing a fist to his chest swiftly.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #54 on: August 17, 2014, 08:40:05 PM »
Haven't been keeping up with my dice rolls due to RL business.

We presume the Coterie have finished their spell and allowed Cisse to speak, but she does not know the information as to where the artifact is or where Karzt is.

Explorers are either indisposed or planning to give the artifact to the Coterie.

Orvlin fails to roll for return attack on Nomicon.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #55 on: August 21, 2014, 01:28:36 AM »
Alarac, Melrakki, and Ellie used a giant goblet and a boulder to make a diving bell.  Karzt showed up to yell at them for trying to steal his artifact, but then offered his brute strength as long as the others made the apparatus.  Ellie emptied a flask of shadowy liquid into the cordial in the goblet and they poured the whole mixture in the leech pit since the leeches are dormant at night.  Then, they tied the boulder to weigh down the open end of the goblet and Alarac floated in it.  He recites a scroll of darkness to be sure the leeches are asleep, and Karzt submerges the goblet with Alarac in it.  Alarac makes a portal at the base of the pit, draining all the leeches and water to Mt. Booars.  They fail a coin flip to obtain the artifact, and Karzt is left to continue digging.

======================

Along the Beach [Room 12016]
Offering a path in all directions, the beach moves along a western and
southern route.  Though no clear-cut trail has been made into the rainforest,
and the vegetation is a bit lighter in this particular section of the beach.
The sand is littered with various small shells and pebbles, otherwise it is
rather soft underfoot.  A strong breeze flows in from the west, bringing a
heavy salt scent with it.


[Exits: north east south west]
     A crater filled with murky water is slowly being filled in by the waves.
Melrakki is here.

Melrakki drops a large obsidian boulder.
Melrakki drops a large obsidian boulder.

The day has begun.

Alarac has arrived through a shimmering gate.

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I obtained some boulders to weight the goblet down.'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'We could consider finding someone burly enough to lower you in.'

Alarac says to Melrakki in common 'Ah! You are a crater compass... and very strong, apparently.'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, grinning in amusement, 'I had to shove them with all my weight to bring them here.'

Alarac says to Melrakki in common 'Kedi probably could! But I think he is off napping like felis always do.'

Melrakki joins Alarac's group.

Alarac says to Melrakki in common 'Let's bug Asyrious or Jhoren!'

Alarac holds a small impish horn in his hand.

Melrakki drops a coil of hemp rope.

Alarac utters the words, 'portal'.

Melrakki says in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'My thought was we ought to lash the boulder to the base of the goblet and then use the remaining rope to lower the thing in with you shoved inside.'

Alarac says to Melrakki in common 'How will I get out if the leeches are going through the portal?'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'We pull you back out, of course.'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Or you can hop in the portal after it is all drained.'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I presume you are making it to somewhere where the water will trickle away, leaving all the leaches stranded.'

Alarac says to Melrakki in common 'I hope you are tough enough! I can't find Asyrious. Where should I make the portal to that won't mind leeche- right!'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'High up on a mountain?'

Alarac says in common 'Maybe Boaars, yes.'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Into the tundra where they will freeze?'

Alarac says to Melrakki in common 'The ogres can gobble them up! There is no water source way up there that I have noticed.'

Melrakki mulls a bit.

Melrakki says in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Where is the goblet?'

Alarac says to Melrakki in common, declaring with a puffed out chest, 'If you kill me down there, I vow to haunt you always! Oh, it is...'

Alarac taps his bag. It's rather limp and empty looking.

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, his expression sinking, 'We lost it already?  How did we lose something large enough to fit a johgo in?'

Melrakki concentrates on his projection.
Melrakki weaves a prophetic image of smoke and shadows.
The smoke twists into an upright crowned woman!
Melrakki is satiated by great bounty.

Alarac says to Melrakki in common 'We must have been cursed by your questionable demon-card magic!'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Peh, that is the empress.  It means something like "You are a girl."'

Melrakki concentrates on something.

Melrakki utters the words, 'roam'.
Melrakki roams into the shadows.

Alarac looks all around.

From the north, a burly, disfigured human man yells in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'ALARAC.'

Alarac peers intently north.

A burly, disfigured human man has arrived from the north.

Alarac looks at a burly, disfigured human man.

Alarac shouts in common 'Kartz!'

A burly, disfigured human man looks at the gathered items and frowns.  His face is inscrutable.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'You are a perfect candidate to throw me - what is wrong?'

Melrakki roams out of the shadows.

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'WHAT.  IS.  GOING.  ON?'

Melrakki looks at a burly, disfigured human man.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'Well, my good Kartz, we are going to retrieve the artifact!'

Ellie has arrived from the west.

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'He is most definitely burly.  Ellie is on the way though-- ah.'

Melrakki points at Ellie.

Ellie looks at a burly, disfigured human man.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I think we should let him lower it...'

Ellie motions to a burly, disfigured human man.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'NAME.  IS.  KARZT.  WHAT.  IS.  THIS.  DRINKING.  PARTY.  WITH.  ONLY.  ONE.  CUP?'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I suppose we can assist with err... "girlier" things.'

Melrakki rubs the back of his neck.

Ellie says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'That is because all the booze is for you!'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I drew the sign of the Empress before this.  I presumed it meant "You are a girl."  Now I must do that sort of work, yeah?'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'No! That is my... diving... apara-... wel it is a cup, but it will ALSO help me get the artifact for us!'

Ellie tilts her head questioningly at Melrakki.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, crossing his arms, a sour expression on his face, 'EXPLAIN!'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'I have no idea what that means..'

Ellie says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Uuum.. if you lower cup into pool with johgo inside you get lots of booze.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Ellie in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'WHO.  ARE.  YOU?  TOO.  MANY.  PEOPLE.  SHARE.  PRIZE.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, motioning at the goblet, 'I am going to go into that! Then be lowered into the pit. Then I will make a portal elsewhere so all the water and leeches leak out.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Melrakki in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'AND.  YOU.  TOO.  ARE.  YOU.  THIEVES?  YOU.  ARE.  THE.  WORST.'

Melrakki says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, throwing up his hands, 'I am merely assisting Alarac in his endeavor.  I do not wish to steal or come within throwing distance of a leech.'

Ellie says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Hey! I am no thief!.. Well he is. but I'm not!'

Ellie gently lands on the ground.

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, stomping his foot, 'THE.  WORST.'

Ellie smiles.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'It is true! He doesn't want the treasure like you or the magic like me! There is no danger from him, I think.'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I brought some rope... so that we could lash a boulder to the goblet to make it sink.  There is enough rope to be used to lower it down.'

Alarac thinks in common 'I suppose he may. But that is a whole other issue for when the artifact is in anybody's hands at all.'

Ellie tilts her head slightly as she looks a burly, disfigured human man up and down and smiles.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'I.  TRUST.  YOU.  THEN.  WHOLE.  CROWDS.  HERE.  LATELY.  I.  AM.  ONE.  MAN.  CAN'T.  WIN.  AGAINST.  ALL.'

Ellie says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, smiling, 'Love, I am only here to watch you use those muscles of yours. Besides you men need a pretty face to look at.'

Alarac says to Ellie in common 'There is no time to bring in such an individual! We must act with what we have.'

A burly, disfigured human man puffs out his chest a little, though his expression remains stoic.

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'YOU.  TIE.  KNOTS.  WOMAN'S.  WORK.'

Melrakki makes a face.

Melrakki utters the words, 'resist poison'.
Melrakki closes his eyes and calls forth a soothing green aura.

Ellie draws a finger across a burly, disfigured human man's bicep.

Ellie says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, smiling, 'Now... how about this. If you help the little johgo.. We can go to a nice bar together?'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'And you heard him.. I can't damage my pretty hands.. go tie some knots.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Ellie in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'KARZT'S.  HANDS.  TOO.  BIG.  NOT.  GOOD.  AT.  KNOTTING.  WOMAN'S.  WORK.'

Alarac glances down at his own hands, and then Melrakki's.

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, grudgingly, 'Help me hold up this boulder then.  The rope will have to go around it.'

Melrakki bends down, scooping up a length of rope and then setting his foot against a large obsidian boulder.

Ellie says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, pouting as she bats her eyes, 'Will you show me then? I don't want to get it wrong..'

Melrakki drops a gemstone-encrusted golden goblet.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Ellie in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'NO.  WOMAN'S.  WORK.'

Alarac floats on over to the boulder designated by Melrakki and wedges his fingers underneath.

Ellie sighs.

Melrakki bends down and shoves the rope at the space beneath the boulder until it slips under.

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, pulling his fingers out of the way, 'There, you can release it.'

Alarac says to Ellie in common, pulling his hands out and dusting them together, 'Do not worry. Batting my lashes doesn't get many results either.'

Melrakki pulls the two ends of the rope up and ties a knot at the top of the boulder.

Alarac says to Melrakki in common 'This is one of the only times I will ever hope you are very good at being knotty.'

From there, Melrakki turns the ends of the rope ninety degrees and tries to encircle the boulder once again.

Alarac examines the rope with a critical eye.

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Still..'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Hold the rock up the other way now.  I may have learned a few tricks in my years.'

Ellie looks at a burly, disfigured human man.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Well at least one of us knows how to tie a knot.. I never learned.'

Ellie shrugs.

Melrakki looks at Ellie's laced boots with somewhat of a skeptical expression before he motions again at the rock and looks toward Alarac.

Ellie grins.

Ellie whispers in Melrakki's ear.
Ellie whispers in common to Melrakki, in a soft spoken voice, 'Or I am jus lazy.'

Melrakki whispers in Ellie's ear.
Melrakki whispers in common to Ellie, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Very well.  Would you find a way to dispose of the cordial in the goblet?'

Alarac looks from the boulder to Melrakki and back. After a brief pause, he plants his palms and turns it over for Melrakki.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, grumbling, 'As I was telling Melrakki. If I die down there, I will be most devoted to haunting your dreams!'

Ellie blinks.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Drink it?'

Melrakki ties the rope at the other end of the boulder, making several knots in a row.  The boulder is now trapped within the knots.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Or pour it out?'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'If it suits you.  We need it empty.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'I.  DO.  NOT.  DREAM.  KARZT.  IS.  NOT.  AFRAID.  HURRY WITH.  WOMEN'S.  WORK.'

Ellie giggles.

Melrakki loops the loose ends of the rope over his elbow as he pulls out several scrolls from his coat pocket and hands them to Alarac.

Melrakki gives a silvery vellum scroll with black writing to Alarac.

Melrakki gives a silvery vellum scroll with black writing to Alarac.

Melrakki gives a silvery vellum scroll with black writing to Alarac.

Ellie says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, smiling, 'I love how you are the boss. Would you like to drink the cordial or shall we jus dump it?'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Ellie in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'NOT.  MY.  BUSINESS.'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I obtained those from the siriyu in Hes'xirtl.  You should review the spells... they will make it dark enough for the leeches to be dormant, but allow you to see still, yeah?'

Alarac rolls his eyes while tucking scrolls in any free pockets on his person. He has pieces of paper sticking out all over.

Alarac utters the words, 'detect magic'.

Ellie nods.

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, holding up his hand, 'Oh, a moment!  I have this.  You could mix it with the cordial and dump it into the pit.  It may drive them to sleep even in the broad daylight.'

Melrakki fumbles and produces a flask of swirling shadowy liquid from his person.

Melrakki gives a flask of swirling shadowy liquid to Ellie.

Ellie raises an eyebrow.

Melrakki nods.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'That may work.'

Melrakki says in common, muttering under his breath, 'Tastes like water anyhow.'

Ellie pours a flask of swirling shadowy liquid into the cup and stirs it in with her arm before nodding once.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Help me turn it over yes?'

The liquid in a gemstone-encrusted golden goblet grows very dark, and shadows begin spilling from it like smoke.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, eyeing a gemstone-encrusted golden goblet, 'Hmm that never happened before..'

Melrakki tosses the ends of the rope attached to a large obsidian boulder tied with rope halfheartedly at Alarac, shrugs, and heads over toward Ellie.

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, setting one hand on the brim of the goblet and the other on its base to hold it, 'On your count then.'

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, grabing hold of the goblet, 'Pour on three. One. Two. Three. Heave!'

Melrakki heaves!

Ellie tips a gemstone-encrusted golden goblet over pouring the liquid into the pit.

The goblet tips over, and the dark liquid spills into the pit.  The inside of the pit grows completely dark, seeming bottomless.  The water remains calm, at least to the ears.

Melrakki catches the brim of a gemstone-encrusted golden goblet before it can fall into the pit and pulls it back to its original position.

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, with a glance into the pit, 'How fortunate you are brave, yeah?'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Want to test? we can throw a monkey in there..'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, dryly, 'We are already throwing a monkey in there.'

Alarac says to Melrakki in common, brow furrowing, 'I think those are not the words I would use! I am ready, though.'

Melrakki points at himself.

Melrakki points at Alarac.

Alarac sighs at Melrakki. He fidgets with a small impish horn.

Melrakki wipes his hands.

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Come, drag the goblet over a little.  We just have to tie the rock to it and then it is our burly friend's job.'

Melrakki says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, with a completely serious expression, 'A real man's job, yeah?'

Ellie sighs.

A burly, disfigured human man scowls.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Jus making me do ALL the work arnt you..'

Ellie sticks out her bottom lip and pouts at Melrakki.

Melrakki hurries over and scoops up the loose ends of the rope around a large obsidian boulder tied with rope.

Ellie rabs hold of a gemstone-encrusted golden goblet at the brim and base and slowly begins to drag it over closer to the rock.

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, holding up the rope, 'I did tie all the knots.  We should tie it fairly close to the brim of the cup, I think.'

Melrakki looks over a gemstone-encrusted golden goblet and then begins tying a large obsidian boulder tied with rope to it.  He makes several passes to the effect that the boulder is attached to the goblet like a stony balloon.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'You have a method to hold the cup so it doesn't tilt?'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, pointing, 'If the cup is held upside down, the rock will keep it in that position.'

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I think it will be tight for you.'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, looking at the contraption dubiously, 'Well.. I'm not going in it.. that is for the men.'

Melrakki offers a bleak grin.

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, faintly, 'May the gods bless you in your endeavors?'

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Well.. not you know.. the more not nice gods.. the nicer ones.'

Alarac says to Melrakki in common 'Thank you! And let's hope we find an artifact at the bottom!'

Ellie says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, smiling, 'You think you will be able to lower it down? Looks heavy..'

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'IT.  IS.  BURIED.  DEEPER.  THAN.  PIT.  BUT.  I.  WILL.  DIG.  IT.  OUT.  THEN.'

Alarac takes a quick lap around the goblet, inspecting, before he gives a burly, disfigured human man a nod.

A burly, disfigured human man grunts and moves toward the goblet-rock contraption, muscling Melrakki and Ellie out of the way.

Melrakki very willingly moves out of the way.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'Would you pick it up so I can wedge myself inside? It will be good exercise for the both of us!'

Ellie moves out of a burly, disfigured human man way a small scowl on her face.

A burly, disfigured human man grasps the remaining ends of rope and pulls the goblet up, and finally the boulder.  He floats higher, over the dark pit.

Ellie whispers in Melrakki's ear.
Ellie whispers in thieves cant to Melrakki, frowning, 'I kinda want to kill him.'

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

Melrakki whispers in Ellie's ear.
Melrakki whispers in common to Ellie, in a soft, measured tenor, 'We need him though.  I ask that you delay your murderous intents until then.'

Melrakki whispers in Ellie's ear.
Melrakki whispers in common to Ellie, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Unless you want to do his job.'

Alarac flies over and, gripping a small impish horn tightly in his hand, tries to curl up into the goblet.

Alarac thinks in common 'The goblet is mostly for protection down there, I suppose.'

Ellie a quiet growl emits from Ellie's throat but nods grudingly.

Alarac recites a silvery vellum scroll with black writing.
Alarac summons a veil of darkness!
The area is consumed in darkness!
Alarac's eyes glow red.

Pecho to Alarac>You fit into the goblet quite snugly.  There is about a foot and a half of empty space between you and the brim if you wedge yourself all the way in.

Melrakki utters the words, 'infravision'.
Melrakki's eyes glow red.

Melrakki utters the words, 'infravision'.

An endless darkness looms in the air.

Slowly, a burly, disfigured human man begins to descend.  Some water splashes as boulder hits it, and he slows his pace.

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'JOHGO.  ARE.  YOU.  STILL.  ALIVE?'

An endless darkness looms in the air.

Ellie whispers in Melrakki's ear.
Ellie whispers in thieves cant to Melrakki, in a soft spoken voice, 'Can we push him in after all this?'

Still held aloft by his quivering, magical belt, Alarac turns about so he faces down into the pit with some room to spare. He raises his voice, muffled...

Melrakki whispers in Ellie's ear.
Melrakki whispers in common to Ellie, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I would rather not.  He still has to dig it all out.'

Alarac shouts in common 'I am still alive!'

An endless darkness looms in the air.

Ellie yells in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'That is very encouraging! I'm not sure how to explain to Claire if you died down there!'

With a final grunt, a burly, disfigured human man descends several more feet.  The goblet disappears into the darkness, but there is a second splash.

Ellie tilts her head slightly to the side.

Pecho to Alarac>The brim of the goblet is now completely underwater, and the air grows stuffy.  Through the dark water, you can see some long, slimy shapes, but none seem to be moving.

An endless darkness looms in the air.

A burly, disfigured human man lowers the goblet and rock several more feet into the pit.  He halts his motion and then hovers there, peering down for any signs of activity.

An endless darkness looms in the air.

Pecho to Alarac>Below you, there is a clunk as the boulder hits the bottom of the pit.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Hmmm well the water is still calm../'

An endless darkness looms in the air.

The looming darkness lifts.

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Maybe they are sleeping?'

Some of the darkness over the pit clears, but the water is still dark and smells vaguely of cordial.

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'That is the plan.'

Melrakki yells in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Alarac?  Are you still alive?  Make the portal!'

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'HURRY.  PLEASE.  KARZT.  IS.  MAN.  NOT.  TREE.'

Alarac backs up into the gold encasing his body, sending a little shiver up the rope when the water begins to clear up. He pulls at a small impish horn on his person, eyeing the bottom of the pit below.

The rope in a burly, disfigured human man's hands trembles with movement from below.  Just once though, and then it calms.

Ellie giggles.

A burly, disfigured human man's face grows redder from the effort.  His position is no longer as steady as before.

A moment's hesitation before Alarac clearly quips an incantation. A flash of the imp's horn, and a portal begins to try and tear through the water at the bottom of the pit!

From the very bottom of the pool, there is a flash of light!

Ellie whispers in Melrakki's ear.
Ellie whispers in common to Melrakki, in a soft spoken voice, 'If we wait he will properly fall into the pool...'

Pecho to Alarac>You catch a glimmer of a distant land as the portal begins to open.

Alarac utters the words, 'portal'.
A shimmering gate rises up from the ground.

Melrakki whispers in Ellie's ear.
Melrakki whispers in common to Ellie, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I do not want him to fall into the pool.  We would have to dig thirty feet of sand.'

Ellie whispers in Melrakki's ear.
Ellie whispers in common to Melrakki, in a soft spoken voice, 'Hmmm is that what hired beggers are for? We would be doing a community service!'

Melrakki whispers in Ellie's ear.
Melrakki whispers in common to Ellie, in a soft, measured tenor, 'With what money?'

With a loud, sucking noise, the water in a water-filled crater in the sand begins to drain out.

A burly, disfigured human man strains and pulls upward!  The goblet rises rapidly from the swirling water, and soon the rock as well.

Pecho to Alarac>You catch a breath of fresh air as the brim of the goblet escapes the water's surface.

Ellie raises an eyebrow at Melrakki.

Ellie whispers in Melrakki's ear.
Ellie whispers in common to Melrakki, in a soft spoken voice, 'We ARE thieves, darlin.'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I do not have money to hire beggars who might run off with what treasure is there.  I will follow the plan rather than giving in to murderous whims at this time, thank you.'

Ellie sticks out her bottom lip and pouts at Melrakki.

Alarac remains firmly wedged in the goblet until it's well out of the water. He then darts out, and skids to a stop a good ten feet from the edge of the watery hole.

Alarac gently lands on the ground.

A burly, disfigured human man drops a gemstone-encrusted golden goblet rather inelegantly onto the beach.  It topples onto its side, the boulder not far away.

Ellie folds her arms and huffs.

Melrakki reaches out for Alarac and pulls him another foot away from the pit just out of reflex. He leans over and looks into the pit.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, appreciatively, a little wet here and there, 'I must say, I appreciate your muscles very much Kartz!'

The darkness and the water in the pit drain away.  There is a light at the bottom, and a few last flopping leeches.

Alarac is easily pulled and now seems content to hunch with his hands on his knees, ignoring the pit.

Ellie peers into the pit curiously, grimcing at the few leeches.

This large crater in the sand looks to have been dug about ten feet deep, and

Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'So... where did you send em?'

Alarac says to Ellie in common 'Boaars! I am hoping they dry out and get trampled by goats and ogres.'

Ellie nods her head twice in rapid succession.


l
Along the Beach [Room 12016]
Offering a path in all directions, the beach moves along a western and
southern route.  Though no clear-cut trail has been made into the rainforest,
and the vegetation is a bit lighter in this particular section of the beach.
The sand is littered with various small shells and pebbles, otherwise it is
rather soft underfoot.  A strong breeze flows in from the west, bringing a
heavy salt scent with it.


[Exits: north east south west]
     A gem-studded golden goblet is here, lashed to a boulder.
     A deep, empty crater in the sand is here, its edges trampled.
     (Magical) A shimmering black gate opens from the bottom of the crater.
     A coil of some tough rope lies here.
     A large obsidian boulder is here, tied with thick rope.
     A large obsidian boulder rests here.
Melrakki is here, his arms folded, standing back from the pit.
Ellie is here.
A burly, disfigured human man is here, floating in the air, floating above the pit, holding an upside-down goblet with a boulder dangling underneath.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.


Ellie says to Alarac in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Good thought! maybe the dragon will roast them as well.'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, pointing in the pit, 'The artifact is not there though.'

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, stretching his arms now, the rope out of his hands, 'NOW.  DIG.  MORE.  ALMOST.  THERE.'

Ellie says to Melrakki in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Did you bring a shovel?'

Melrakki says to Ellie in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'The foul things deserve it a hundredfold.  I appreciate that we did not have to follow Daslor's schemes, which involved people being submerged in pits of leeches.'

Ellie chuckles politely.

A burly, disfigured human man casts a glance into a deep, empty crater in the sand.

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'MUCH.  SAND.  WASHED.  AWAY.  MIGHT.  NOT.  BE.  FAR.'

Ellie sighs.

Ellie says in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Fine fine... let the women go into the pit.. aaaaall alone.. and dig.'

A burly, disfigured human man says to Ellie in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'KARZT.  WILL.  DIG.  IT.  IS.  OUR.  ARTIFACT.  WE.  WILL.  RETURN.  IT.  AND. SAVE.  CISSE.'

Melrakki says in common, relieved, 'I do not want to dig, most certainly.'

Ellie says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, in a soft spoken voice, 'Digging is a mans job not a womens.'

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'I have the upmost faith in your digging capabilities!'

Ellie smiles.

/* Begin OOC coin flip for success.   Heads = obtain artifact, Tails = wait next day. */

At this point, I'm going to flip a coin.  Since there's a whole other group after this... heads means you get it today.  Tails means Karzt digs and someone else might get it if they come and intervene.

Anyone disagree with the coin flip?

You hold an engraved irium coin in your hand.

You flip an engraved irium coin and it lands on:
       Tails!

You flip an engraved irium coin and it lands on:
       Heads!

You flip an engraved irium coin and it lands on:
       Tails!

You say in common, in a listless drawl, 'Okay, this one counts.'

You flip an engraved irium coin and it lands on:
       Tails!

You say in common, in a listless drawl, 'Not today.'

Alarac snaps his fingers.

Melrakki bursts into tears.

/* End OOC rolling. */

A burly, disfigured human man utters the words, 'levitate'.
A burly, disfigured human man rises and floats above the ground.

A burly, disfigured human man heads toward the pit and claps his hands before directing a shockwave into the pit.

A burly, disfigured human man utters the words, 'impact'.
A soundless, concussive impact rattles the area!
Melrakki is jarred by the impact!
Ellie is jarred by the impact!
Alarac is jarred by the impact!

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'MAYBE.  MORE.  THAN.  KARZT.  THOUGHT.  COME.  BACK.  LATER.'

Alarac says to Melrakki in common 'I will have to invest in a sturdy spade, too!'

A burly, disfigured human man descends into the pit.  From inside, there are more concussive impacts.  Sand and dead leeches fly outward.

Alarac flees from the debris!

Alarac prays for transportation!
Alarac begins to disappear in a whorl of purple light.

Ellie says in common, fleeing from the falling leeches and debris, 'Ewewewewew.'

Ellie prays for transportation!
Ellie begins to disappear in a whorl of purple light.

Melrakki utters the words, 'roam'.
Melrakki roams into the shadows.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Iskvarren

  • Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
  • *****
  • Posts: 794
  • Karma: +78
Re: Lythren Thievery Quest
« Reply #56 on: August 21, 2014, 01:42:06 AM »
Imbria, Alarac, and Melrakki approach Karzt and ask him if he's found anything.  They pass a coin flip and obtain the artifact.  The four of them go to see Szaloch, who accepts the Lynx and asks Xillia, a visardi shifter who was tasked with trying to probe Cisse's mind (unsuccessfully due to the copious enbriun), to let her go and give them their payment.  She also shows them the corpse of an artificial demon body, explaining that it petrified because of how there wasn't enough air magic in it to balance the earth.  She mentions that many druids were sacrificed at first during their experiments, but nothing much has been going on as everyone is awaiting the return of the Lynx.

=======


Along the Beach [Room 12016]
Offering a path in all directions, the beach moves along a western and
southern route.  Though no clear-cut trail has been made into the rainforest,
and the vegetation is a bit lighter in this particular section of the beach.
The sand is littered with various small shells and pebbles, otherwise it is
rather soft underfoot.  A strong breeze flows in from the west, bringing a
heavy salt scent with it.


[Exits: north east south west]
     A deep, empty crater in the sand is here, its edges trampled.
     (Magical) A shimmering black gate opens from the bottom of the crater.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
Melrakki is here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
A burly, disfigured human man is here, floating in the air, in the crater, sending concussive impacts at the sand.


Alarac lifts his voice toward the pit again, mustering up a mighty johgo-sized bellow!

Alarac yells in common 'Kartz! Are you alright down there!?'

Imbria says to Melrakki in common '..Oh, so a thief. I see, no wonder I don't remember him.'

A burly, disfigured human man pauses in his work and wipes his forehead with a burly arm.  He looks up and out of the pit, squinting into the darkness.

A burly, disfigured human man yells in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'WHO.  IS.  IT?'

Imbria obligingly floats up to the edge of the crater and peers into it.

Alarac yells in common 'Melrakki and Alarac and a most heroic ally! We came to make sure nobody mugged you down there!'

A burly, disfigured human man yells in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'NOBODY.  HAS.  COME.  KARZT.  DIGGING.  QUIETLY.  PORTAL.  IS.  VERY.  GOOD.  FOR.  DUMPING.  SAND.  AND.  LEECHES.  THAT.  COME.  IN.'

The impacts ceasing, Alarac trails Imbria toward the gaping crater.

The waves crash upon the beach.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, shouting downward, 'I'm glad it's held up so long! Any sight of the figurine? I hope we got the right part of the beach.'

The waves wash a spiny white whelk shell with tan stripes onto the sand.

Melrakki gets a spiny white whelk shell with tan stripes.

Melrakki peers into a spiny white whelk shell with tan stripes and turns it on its side, emptying sand and water onto the beach.


/* Begin OOC coin flips. */

So, the plan here is first team here every day flips a coin.  If you get heads then it's yours.  If you get tails, then everybody else who asks that day doesn't get it either.

You say in common, OOCly, 'Okay, hold it and flip it a few times to show that it's fair.  Then say "When" and flip it for real.'

You give an engraved irium coin to Alarac.

Melrakki utters the words, 'luck'.

Alarac stops using a small impish horn.
Alarac holds an engraved irium coin in his hand.

Alarac flips an engraved irium coin and it lands on:
       Tails!

Melrakki utters the words, 'fortune'.

Alarac flips an engraved irium coin and it lands on:
       Tails!

Alarac flips an engraved irium coin and it lands on:
       Heads!

You nod.

Alarac flips an engraved irium coin and it lands on:
       Heads!

Alarac says to you in common 'When!'

Alarac flips an engraved irium coin and it lands on:
       Heads!

An engraved irium coin is blown away from Alarac!

You get an engraved irium coin.

Wizhide mode on.

/* End OOC coin flip. */

Alarac holds a small impish horn in his hand.

A burly, disfigured human man yells in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'I.  FOUND.  IT.  IT.  IS.  CLOSE.  I.  KEPT.  IT.  BURIED.  STILL.  SO.  IT.  WON'T.  BLOW.  AWAY.  THE.  BEACH.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, aside to her, 'He is most thoughtful, you see.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, dryly, 'Is he. How deep does it need to be buried so it doesn't blow away the beach?'

The sun rises in the east.

Alarac's half-mask shudders with golden light, shifting into a stylized sun.

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, raising his voice again, 'Good thinking! Do you think you could hold it long enough to get it to the Coterie without blowing into bloody parts?'

There is a concussive shock from within the crater.  Sand flies outward.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'I have no idea. He is the brain behind the hiding.'

A burly, disfigured human man yells in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'YOU.  HOLD.  IT.  I.  AM.  VERY.  TIRED.'

Imbria instinctively flinches back from the crater, throwing her arms up to ward off the sand.

Alarac lifts a hand to block the sand but ends up with a pile of it on his hat.

A cyclone of wind sends sand flying out of the crater.  After a moment, it subsides.

Imbria utters the words, 'deflection'.
A reflective shield surrounds Imbria.

Melrakki stows a spiny white whelk shell with tan stripes away and takes several more steps back from the edge of the crater.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'You heard him! You have to hold it until we can deliver the thing.'

Alarac gives Imbria a reassuring smile and then makes like Melrakki, backing from the crater.

After a moment, a burly, disfigured human man's hand is visible, waving from inside a deep, empty crater in the sand.  A moment later, and something comes flying out.

A burly, disfigured human man silently drops a topaz-eyed onyx lynx.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, as she pouts, 'Why do /I/ have to hold-.'

A topaz-eyed onyx lynx plops into the sand with a soft thud.

Alarac utters the words, 'verdant boon'.
Alarac invokes the protective elements of nature.
A barrier of protective elements forms around Alarac.

Melrakki says to Imbria in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I recall that the good captain is an enchantress of some sort, and she was able to direct its winds to good use.'

Melrakki utters the words, 'fortune'.

A topaz-eyed onyx lynx's eyes glow white as it generates furious gusts of wind.
An barrage of stormy winds injures Imbria!
An barrage of stormy winds barely injures Melrakki!
An barrage of stormy winds injures Alarac!

A topaz-eyed onyx lynx's eyes glow white as it generates furious gusts of wind.
An barrage of stormy winds injures Imbria!
An barrage of stormy winds barely wounds Melrakki!
An barrage of stormy winds injures Alarac!

Imbria says in common, as she floats towards where the lynx is, poking at it with a shard of amethyst crystal, 'Ooh- looks /nice/-.'

Imbria utters the words, 'ethereal prism'.
Imbria fractures her energy into its component elements.
A shield of protective elements forms around Imbria.

Melrakki holds up his hands, bracing himself against the furious gusts.

Melrakki utters the words, 'fortune'.
Melrakki utters the words, 'fortune'.

A burly, disfigured human man utters the words, 'levitate'.
A burly, disfigured human man rises and floats above the ground.

Imbria says in common, as she sighs, bending to pick up the lynx statue, '..Right. I remember something like this from the water one. /Man/ that hurts.'

A topaz-eyed onyx lynx's eyes glow white as it generates furious gusts of wind.
An barrage of stormy winds injures Imbria!
An barrage of stormy winds barely hurts Melrakki!
An barrage of stormy winds hurts Alarac!

Alarac says to a burly, disfigured human man in common 'Do you want to come with, or are we delivering the gold back here!?'

Imbria gets a topaz-eyed onyx lynx.

A burly, disfigured human man half climbs, half floats out of the crater.  The winds catch him in the face, almost knocking him back, but he grunts and pulls himself out nonetheless.

A topaz-eyed onyx lynx's eyes glow white as it generates furious gusts of wind.
An barrage of stormy winds injures Imbria!
An barrage of stormy winds barely injures Melrakki!
An barrage of stormy winds hurts Alarac!

Alarac stops using a small impish horn.
Alarac holds a small impish horn in his hand.

Melrakki concentrates on his projection.
Melrakki makes a series of circles in a rhythmic pattern.

Imbria utters the words, 'armor'.
Imbria crosses her arms and makes small circles with her hands.

Melrakki concentrates on his projection.
Melrakki makes a series of circles in a rhythmic pattern.

Melrakki concentrates on his projection.
Melrakki makes a series of circles in a rhythmic pattern.

Alarac utters the words, 'portal'.
A shimmering gate rises up from the ground.

With a surge of magic from a braided white leather belt hung with blue charms, Alarac begins to fly.

Alarac enters a shimmering gate.
A burly, disfigured human man enters a shimmering gate.
Imbria enters a shimmering gate.
Melrakki enters a shimmering gate.

The Battered Bar of the Manhunters [Room 814]
This cramped and stuffy bar is dimly-lit by the wide fireplace against the
southern wall.  Oaken floorboards covered in dents and scrapes form lines of
alternating dark and light wood across the floor.  Fading red paint that
borders on the brown of dried human blood covers the pitted and damaged walls
of the establishment.  Antique weapons, animal skins, and trophy heads clutter
the walls, adding an animal smell to that of stale ale.  A narrow staircase in
the northeast corner leads upward to the second floor, while the entrance of
the shop opens to South Street to the west.


[Exits: (west) (up) (down)]
     A pile of furs and skins lies against the north wall.
     Rickety wooden tables provide seating throughout the bar.
     The matted hide of a large brown bear stretches across the floor here.
Melrakki is here.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
A burly, disfigured human man with spiky red hair is here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Terka perches atop the pile of furs here.
Gerlaz, Proprietor of Manhunters', polishes mugs at the counter.
You enter Nexus territory.

Alarac opens the door to the west.

Alarac hurries out the bar.

/* Walking. */

Alarac thinks in common 'Please don't murder us. Please don't murder us. PLEASE let me see what they do.'

Alarac leaves north.
You follow Alarac.
The Northern End of the Stained Glass Atrium [Room 4520]
Paper lanterns painted with an open eye motif hang strung across the high
vaulted ceiling of the atrium.  They cast reddish light and slit-pupiled
shadows onto the smooth, shining black floor below.  Tall arches of gray stone
form the walls to the east and west where parallel series of stained glass
windows glare at each other across the room.  Hazy clouds of sandalwood
scented smoke rise from burning sticks of incense tucked in niches along the
walls and hang, oily and thick, in the air.  The atrium stretches to the south
while an arched doorway to the north leads to the basilica's inner chambers.


[Exits: north south]
     A ring of white-cushioned prayer mats rests on the glassy floor.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here, floating in the air.
Szaloch chants prayers in a low, droning rasp.
Melrakki has arrived from the south.
Imbria has arrived from the south.
A burly, disfigured human man has arrived from the south.
Szaloch says in common, solemnly, 'The basilica is not yet complete, but that should not stop you from praying to our gods.'


Imbria looks at Szaloch.

Imbria thinks in common '..This guy. Finally it really is this guy.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common, with a grin from ear to ear, 'Hello! We brought you something!'

Melrakki stops a distance away from the group, giving a nod in Szaloch's direction in recognition.

Szaloch looks over the crowd, his expression vaguely annoyed before his gaze falls on Alarac.

Imbria hangs back and waves at Szaloch. She holds both hands behind her back.

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'WE.  HAVE.  THE.  LYNX.  RETURN.  CISSE.  NOW.'

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, his voice almost hesitant, 'You have brought the last piece then?'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'I could have certain people killed for the trouble they have caused us over what was rightfully ours... but I have made certain oaths to certain people.'

Alarac says to Szaloch in common 'Yes! And oaths are important, of course! I am so glad to hear that.'

Melrakki says to Szaloch in common, raising a hand, 'You swore you would release her as I saw her, unharmed and without further consequence.'

Imbria thinks in common '..Hm. So that one negotiated for Cisse's release? I wonder if he's her lover or something. Maybe?'

Szaloch's jaw clenches a moment as he looks toward Melrakki at the back of the crowd.  He finally takes a breath and lets it out.

Szaloch says to Alarac in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'Deliver the artifact.'

Imbria brings a topaz-eyed onyx lynx out in front of her and shuffles to stand beside Alarac.

Setting the lynx down before Szaloch, Imbria quickly goes back to stand just behind Alarac.

Imbria drops a topaz-eyed onyx lynx.

Alarac says to Szaloch in common, voice lowering a tad as he looks to the lynx, 'It is very pretty. I bet they are marvelous together.'

Szaloch bends and scoops up a topaz-eyed onyx lynx in a fluid motion.  He taps his talons on its head, and its eyes dim for a moment.

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, rather curiously, 'How'd you do that? Is there like- a secret catch for that- I got /hurt/ by the winds earlier!'

Szaloch says in common, in a low, droning rasp, 'We possess the tabby.  It is the null totem, a tame cat that calms the wild ones.'

Szaloch says in common, grudgingly, 'I will inform a guard to hand you your gold and release your female.'

Imbria says to Szaloch in common, with a disappointed pout, '..Oh. So it's not some kind of hidden, press the left ear twice and it'll turn off kind of-.'

Szaloch leaves north.

A burly, disfigured human man says in common, peering north, 'BE.  READY.'

Alarac peers intently north.

Alarac wields a two-pronged spear of cracked, murky gray glass.

Melrakki says in common, with a shake of his head, 'He will not break his word.'

Imbria says to Melrakki in common, turning around to face the olive-skinned human, 'Right- so er. How do you know Cisse?'

Alarac thinks in common 'The gold. Cisse. That is no reward.'

Alarac thinks to himself in common 'That is unfair. Cisse's well being is worth the effort. But it isn't everything I had hoped for.'

Alarac peers intently north.

Melrakki says to Imbria in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I came here for assistance when I was dead.  I heard about the prisoner and asked to see her.'

Imbria says to Melrakki in common, tilting her head to the side, 'So it's not like you knew her from before all of this or anything? Why're you helping her out then?'

Melrakki says to Imbria in common, with a benign smile in return, 'It is impolite to keep women hostage.'

Xillia [a rotund visardi female with bright golden eyes] has arrived from the north.
A wiry, brown-haired human woman has arrived from the north.

Imbria says to Melrakki in common, eyeing Melrakki over, '..Are you one of those knight-.'

Xillia gives a wiry, brown-haired human woman a shove and stands there with arms crossed.

Xillia says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, crossly, 'I'm glad to be done with you.  This was a waste of MONTHS.'

Imbria turns around to face the commotion once more.

Imbria looks at a wiry, brown-haired human woman.

Melrakki says to Imbria in common, after a moment, 'No.  Not at all.'

Alarac says to Xillia in common 'Which ended in the acquisition of something great. Hardly a waste!'

Xillia waves her hand, pulling a large bag of coins out of a portal.  She almost falls over from its weight before she tosses it next to a wiry, brown-haired human woman.

Xillia drops some coins.

A burly, disfigured human man says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, speaking loudly, in slow, staggered phrases, 'CISSE!  ARE.  YOU.  WELL?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman rubs her arm and glares at Xillia before hurrying to a burly, disfigured human man's side.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman says to a burly, disfigured human man in common, muttering, 'They broke that spell I put on myself ages ago... but why are you handing it over?'

Alarac says to Xillia in common, lifting a finger, 'Are you involved with the artifact's use or study, here in Darkwater? Or do you mostly manage the guests?'

Imbria visibly perks up as she sees 1000 gold coins, a gleam in her eyes as she considers the size of it.

Xillia says to Alarac in common, pointing up, 'I was asked to PROBE HER MIND while she couldn't speak, but they wanted me to do it through all of that enbriun!'

Melrakki says to a wiry, brown-haired human woman in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'Your canidae has lost his boat.  It was decided that you were more important than a fruitless struggle.'

Imbria crouches beside the pile of gold, poking at it with an amethyst shard.

Alarac says to Xillia in common 'Well! I was told there is a good chance those who help return the constituent artifacts may see how they are put to use here. I fit that description nicely!'

Imbria thinks in common 'It's such a nice pile- but we're giving it /all/ to them? All?'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman's expression grows torn.  Her mouth contorts, and then she leans into a burly, disfigured human man to hide her tears.

Alarac shoots a wiry, brown-haired human woman a rather brief, somber look, lips thinned together.

A burly, disfigured human man says to Alarac in common, clutching a wiry, brown-haired human woman close, 'GIVE.  US.  OUR.  SPLIT.  WE.  WILL.  GO.  BEFORE.  MINDS.  CHANGE.'

A wiry, brown-haired human woman's breathing is ragged from her muffled sobs.

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I do not require a share.  Give mine to them if you wish.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, muttering, 'You can split it between yourselves. I have yet to collect my reward.'

Straightening up, Imbria looks from a wiry, brown-haired human woman to Alarac to Melrakki. She hums but steps slightly away from the gold.

Xillia says to Alarac in common, her thin lips drawing to the side as she considers, 'There isn't any active magic going on.  It was too hard to sustain without continually sacrificing druids.  But now that we have all of them, that will change.  I can show you the remains.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, holding up her hands, 'I wasn't all that helpful in recovering the artifact so while I would /love/ to take some, it wouldn't really be er. Fair? Let's use that word.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, eyeing the johgo, 'Since you don't want any.'

Melrakki says in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I heard about the sacrificing druids.  A substitute had to be used for the lack of one element.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Well you ought to hold onto my share, then, seeing as I am encumbered by vast amounts of horns from the generous Melrakki.'

Alarac gets some coins.

Alarac gives Imbria some coins.

Alarac gets some coins.

Alarac gives a burly, disfigured human man some coins.

Alarac hauls some gold over toward Imbria, Melrakki and he while considering Xillia's words.

A burly, disfigured human man nods and hurries a wiry, brown-haired human woman away.

A wiry, brown-haired human woman leaves south.
A burly, disfigured human man leaves south.

Imbria beams rather brightly as she hugs the pile of coins to herself. Somehow, none fall out of her grasp.

Xillia says in common, grumpily, 'There's not much to see.  All the summoners are in bed at this time of day.'

Alarac says to Xillia in common 'So what are they going to be used for now? Heating homes and clean water?'

Xillia says to Alarac in common, shrugging, 'Sure.  They do that by generating pure elements.  Pure elements can be used to create just about anything.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, cheerfully, 'Is that what you wanted to see? Domestic daily stuff?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'No! But it's what I was told initially. I had suspected it was not the full story.'

Alarac says to Xillia in common 'Certainly you must have plan for them! That immense potential!'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, humming happily, 'Do you think you'll get the full story?'

Alarac thinks in common 'I suppose even if they don't right now, they may eventually. And I want to be a part of it.'

Melrakki says to Xillia in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I was told that they were used to create bodies.  Vessels for powers that did not have bodies suitable for this world.'

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'I -ought- to. I helped get the thing. It would be no harm done to them to allow a most curious pair of eyes in, right?'

Xillia says in common, scowling, 'Like I said, there hasn't been as much since we were missing one artifact.  You can't build LIVING THINGS if they don't have any air, and the guards would notice all the druids missing after a while.'

Imbria says to Alarac in common, wryly, 'Right. And you'd just be watching?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, stating seriously with a nod, 'I would be a most polite and conscientious observer.'

Alarac says to Melrakki in common 'Living things. Like your new body. Crafted straight from the elements!'

Imbria says to Xillia in common, brightly, 'But now there will be? You'll build living things- are you going to build fun protectors to station around this basilica?'

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, nodding, 'Sort of.  Szaloch was unclear, but he was still doing much of the same holy magic here.  Probably due to the missing artifact.'

Xillia says to Imbria in common 'It was a thought!  It was fantastic magic, but incomplete magic.  We thought that nobody would mind a demon's spirit if it were missing...'

Xillia leaves north.

Imbria peers intently north.

Imbria says to Alarac in common, pointing north, 'Maybe you'll finally get an idea of how to build that gold golem you've always wanted!'

From the north, Xillia yells in common 'Are you coming today?'

Alarac says to Imbria in common, peering off northward, 'Maybe so. I will need to see what they end up with. Although it may need to b-.'

Alarac peers intently north.


Alarac leaves north.
Imbria leaves north.
Melrakki leaves north.
Alarac leaves east.
A Candle-Lit Room Sectioned into Alcoves [Room 4518]
Black wicker screens form individual alcoves throughout this sanctum room.  At
the center of each alcove, a single ivory candle stands on an iron holder to
shed flickering light.  White-painted wooden coffins hang suspended from iron
struts on the northern wall, barely visible in the gloom of the high ceiling.
A row of narrow stained glass windows takes up the eastern wall, allowing
vivid hues to shine through the panes.  A screen in the northeast corner of
the room completely blocks a cramped staircase while an ebonwood door sits in
the northern wall opposite three lancet arches to the south.


[Exits: (north) south west]
     Padded prayer mats of soft red cotton provide seating within each alcove.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
Xillia stands here with arms folded, looking indignant.
Melrakki has arrived from the west.
Imbria has arrived from the west.


Xillia lifts up a prayer mat and tosses it against the wall.

Xillia hops on the stones.  There is an eager skip to her step.

Xillia says in common 'One, two, three!'

Xillia bends down and presses her hands to the ground.  She chants and the ground begins to rumble!

Imbria utters the words, 'levitate'.
Imbria rises and floats above the ground.

The stones slide apart with a grating noise, revealing a passageway into the underground.

Xillia leaves down.

Melrakki utters the words, 'infravision'.
Melrakki's eyes glow red.

Alarac waivers on his feet, but remains upright. He stares at the passage before following down.

Melrakki peers intently down.

Alarac utters the words, 'infravision'.
Alarac's eyes glow red.

Melrakki says in common, in a soft, measured tenor, 'I did not know about that part.  I was told it was underground, but that was all.'

Imbria utters the words, 'infravision'.
Imbria's eyes glow red.

Alarac leaves down.
Imbria leaves down.
Melrakki leaves down.
You follow Alarac.
The Northeast Corner of Darkwater Catacombs [Room 4575]
A cramped stairway descends into the shadowy gloom of a vast underground
necropolis here.  Slick, dank walls rise to the north and east where alcoves
roughly hewn from the stone hold stiff corpses wrapped in gauzy white burial
shrouds.  Square paper lanterns hang from the high ceiling in thin clusters
that dimly light the crypts.  Scarlet chrysanthemums poke out of painted urns
lining the sides of a damask-draped marble coffin and overlay a faint scent of
decay drifting in the air with cloyingly sweet fragrance.  To the east and
west, the confines of the catacombs sprawl out into the darkness.


[Exits: south west up]
Melrakki is here.
(Translucent) Imbria is here, floating in the air.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
Xillia stands here with arms folded, looking indignant.

Imbria utters the words, 'detect magic'.

Imbria utters the words, 'detect invis'.

Imbria looks around the catacombs and lets out a low whistle of appreciation.

Imbria says to Xillia in common 'Is this what those dagahasi have been working on?'

Xillia says to Imbria in common, with a shrug, '"Working on?"  Nope.  It's been here since this place was built.'

Alarac says to Xillia in common 'It suits the boardwalk quite well, I think.'

Xillia thumps her staff against the ground impatiently.

Xillia says to Alarac in common 'It was supposed to be a reminder of "Things back home."  Whatever that means.'

Xillia leaves south.

Alarac peers intently south.

Alarac leaves south.
A Smoke-Filled Section of the Catacombs [Room 4578]
Narrow alcoves roughly hewn into the dank rock wall line the east edge of this
section of the crypts.  Still bodies lie supine within the recesses, wrapped
in white burial shrouds.  Melting candles sit wedged into crevices and shed
oily curls of smoke under the weak light of paper lanterns hanging from the
high ceiling.  Beneath the smoke's sandalwood scent, pungent rot mixes with
the acrid tang of preservative fluids.  A searingly bright column of light
toward the west lifts some of the gloom within the poorly-lit cavern while the
catacombs continue into the dimness to the north and south.


[Exits: north south west]
     A stone figure lies shrouded by ivory damask atop a marble sarcophagus.
     The stony corpse of a lupine demon is here, shackled to the boulder.
     A large boulder the height and width of a taurlok stands here.
Alarac, Compass of the Nexus is here.
Xillia stands here with arms folded, looking indignant.
Melrakki has arrived from the north.
Imbria has arrived from the north.


Imbria peers intently south.

Xillia sidesteps out of the way of the crowd and points to the stony corpse of a lupine demon.

l demon
This corpse almost appears to be a statue with its stiff, leaden limbs and
tough, bristly fur.  Each individual hair looks more like a flake of stone
than fur.  The inside of its mouth, however, is still wet, and black ichor
oozes onto the ground.  Its chest is malformed and sunken, and a knife wound
in its chest wall reveals its lungs to be filled with fluid, which is slowly
draining out.

Alarac says to Xillia in common 'A new addition to the place? It is still leaking.'

Xillia says to Alarac in common, crossly, 'If you're going to be clever, I'm leaving.'

Alarac says to Xillia in common, blurting, 'Don't leave!'

Xillia crosses her arms and glares at Alarac expectantly.

Melrakki says to Alarac in common, with a nudge, 'You are sorry.  You only wish to learn, yeah?'

Alarac's eye twitches and he goes back to examining a stone sarcophagus draped in ivory damask.

Alarac says to Melrakki in common, murmuring, 'I am most sorry and I only wish to learn.'

Xillia says to Alarac in common, pointing to the stony corpse of a lupine demon, 'Not that.  Look at this.'

Imbria thinks in common '..Gross.'

Xillia says to Alarac in common, rattling on, 'Demons don't last in this world because their bodies belong to another one.  The summoners built the body for it, and it started off like the usual creature.'

Xillia says to Alarac in common 'Without the air artifact, the most we could do was drag a nervous wreck of a druid down here to contribute some air magic.  He turned out to be a bit of a novice...'

Xillia scowls and her face twists in disgust.

Imbria says to Xillia in common, delicately, as she also looks at the stony corpse of a lupine demon, 'So uh, what happened to the demon spirit?'

Alarac says to Xillia in common, face all twitches and fascination as he takes a couple steps toward the stony thing, 'I am sorry to hear he could not contribute more to the effort. It would have been an awesome sight alive, I am sure.'

Xillia says to Imbria in common 'What you'd expect.  The earth magic overtook it and it petrified.  Some of the summoners cut it to see if its insides had been formed incorrectly, and they found that its lungs were full of blood.'

Xillia says in common 'It's not moving anymore, so I guess it wasn't able to stay attached to the body.  It would have "died" and been pulled back.'

Imbria says to Xillia in common, with a wince, 'Sounds.. painful. Maybe painful- are you off to try it again with all the artifacts present?'

Xillia says to Imbria in common 'Nope.  I just read minds and make one part of space attached to another part.'

Xillia hops and skips.

Xillia says in common, over her shoulder, 'And I'm leaving.  Get out of here before something wakes up.'

Alarac thinks in common 'How familiar.'

Xillia concentrates on her projection.
Xillia begins to glow with a bright light!

Imbria peers intently south.

Imbria peers intently west.

Alarac says to Imbria in common 'Summoning demons. I should have seen it coming.'

Alarac leaves north.
Imbria leaves north.
Melrakki leaves north.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.