Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Blood  (Read 74 times)

Darmian

• Immortal
  • Quiet as a Mouse
New Blood
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:59:59 AM »
Hail, I have just recently stepped into a staff position here. I wanted to take a moment and introduce myself. I have a 31 year old father of 3, and I live my life for my family. That is about all there is to me to be honest.

I am here to help in any way I can. I am still learning the ropes on a lot of the new responsibilities bestowed upon me but I want to try to bring CoM back to life. If there is anything anyone needs just send me a message and I will help. I can't dedicate the time that I would like to CoM as I am a father but I will do my best to be here as often as possible.

Thank you for your time! I hope to see you on the other side.

Lartic

• RP Team
  • Blabs a Bit
Re: New Blood
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2018, 10:23:51 AM »
Hello there. I am glad to have you around. I will be on mostly during the week days. I am a long time veteran player, newbie helper, and RP team off and on.my present character isn't flagged either however. I'm sure that you will see me around and if there is anything I can do to help, let me know. I have also tried a few times to breathe life back into the game.

Gwyn.

Dmitrei Payne

• Chatterbox
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2018, 01:13:48 PM »
Welcome and good luck. I'm always hoping for the game to spark back to life the way it used to be. I've heard of ancient players dropping in from time to time just to see the game still. I too visit the site every couple months just to look at my old addiction. There's a lot of lore, history, and great stories surrounding this game. I feel as though we all wish this world and all its characters and the various stories were made into a permanent book or movie because there is just so much material that has been developed here.

As a game, I don't know if its just people moved on to other aspects of life or moved on to other games, but it would be nice if this genre of game was introduced to more generations. I feel like every high school and college creative writing class should introduce their students to games like this to help teach people how to think creatively.

Iskvarren

• Administrator
  • Sir Spams-a-Lot
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2018, 03:05:46 PM »
As I've said to our two new staff, I'll be available on a limited basis but will be around to provide tech support.  To breathe life into the game, it'll be necessary for users to spread the word and bring people back.  Do you use social media?  Well, I kind of hate it and don't have a lot of time to advertise.  Do it if you can help us out.

I'm happy to restore people's most recent characters if they want to have an old character back.  And well, it's been so long that most people who weren't on good standing should be able to start with a clean slate.  There were a lot of code updates I wanted to do before I got busy with life, but if you can prove that people still want to play, I might be convinced to polish off the code again.
Everything is at the end of the to-do list.  Even the things at the front of the list are at the end.

Darmian

• Immortal
  • Quiet as a Mouse
« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2018, 09:57:08 PM »
I genuinely think we could make a comeback. Text based adventures are on the climb in the play store and sites that are mostly text based adventures and "alt lives" are all the rage again so my 10 year olds tell me. With the right marketing I think we could manage it.