Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ashes to Ashes  (Read 2129 times)

Ayechaela

Ashes to Ashes
« on: February 02, 2010, 09:19:56 PM »
The Point of Contemplation
Atop this large, rocky outcropping, one has an expansive view of the
seemingly endless range of the Naiadian Sea.  Hundreds of feet below, the
sound of the sea washing against the rocky cliff wall echoes up to this lone
resting place.  The air smells of salt and the distant sounds of a sea
bird's call can be heard.  All in all, this point is an extremely tranquil
one, and an aura of peaceful contemplation seems to surround it.  

[Exits: south]
(Translucent) Yshil the Swift, Duke of Belverin is here, floating in the air.
(Golden Aura) Lartic, General of the Triage is here.
A large, ivory-feathered seagull glides about.
(Golden Aura) (White Aura) A serene warrior stands atop the outcropping, staring calmly at the sea.

Rain pours mercilessly down upon you.

Thunder roars and reverberates from the surrounding peaks.

Ayechaela sighs lengthily, pulling her hood carefully forward and pushing back her damp curls, glancing at Keldros the Warrior-priest with an unreadable expression.

Lartic moves to stand beside you, watching her carefully.

You say to Keldros the Warrior-priest in common, in a polished Serian accent devoid of harsh consonants, 'It is time, Keldros. I know you have wondered why I keep coming here.'

Lartic says to you in common, in a clear, confident tone, 'I haven't done this in this particular manner before.. I'll be here for whatever you need me to do, Aye.'

You say to Lartic in common, in a polished Serian accent devoid of harsh consonants, 'I've never laid a child to rest. I hope never to have to do it again.'

Lartic says to you in common, in a clear, confident tone, 'I've only put one in the ground before and it was Kalrayu, my former Captain while I was a guard. I buried my sword with him and took his with me to honour him.'

The booming thunder quiets and dies.

You open a wide-strapped, white leather backpack.

You get a wooden tray of ashes from a wide-strapped, white leather backpack.

You hold a wooden tray of ashes in your hand.

(Golden Aura) Ayechaela is here, floating in the air, holding on to a wooden tray of ashes, her expression drawn and complexion pale.

Thunder roars and reverberates from the surrounding peaks.

The sun rises in the east.

Ayechaela raises her head a degree as the sun rises, watching the pink-red rays begin to break from the clouds, hitting the ocean.

You gently land on the ground.

Ayechaela kneels down, clasping the box between her hands carefully as she closes her eyes.

(Golden Aura) Ayechaela is here, kneeling down, with a wooden tray of ashes held carefully between her hands, eyes closed.

Yshil whispers in Lartic's ear.

Lartic watches you silently as he continues to stand beside her.

The booming thunder quiets and dies.

You pray to Sarma: 'Great Mother, kind and strong. It is time to lay my son to rest, though he was one of your children through me.'

Ayechaela murmurs quietly under her breath, the rain drenching the curls at her temples before running down her face and neck.

You pray to Sarma: 'With a new day, I send his remains to you, in the hope that you will deliver his spirit to a better place, free to wander as he should have. Take him under your wing, show him what is good and precious in this life. He has known little but darkness.'

The day has begun.
The clouds, lightened of their load of rain, stop pouring it upon the land.

Ayechaela opens her eyes slowly, watching the rain stop, glancing to the heavens with a grateful tinge to her smile.

Ayechaela rises once more, taking flight. She looks down at the tray in her hands, scanning the ashes with a clouded gaze. A single teardrop falls into the grey dust.

(Golden Aura) Ayechaela is here, floating in the air, holding a wooden tray filled with ashes in her hands.

Ayechaela moves to the edge of the cliff, simply hovering past the outcropping, keeping a level height as she glides out over the sheer drop, the sea relatively calm beneath her.

You say in common, quietly, 'I am so sorry, Xaelus. This world was never meant for one so beautiful as you. Go now, and find all that is happy in this life, even in death.'

Lartic sighs softly to himself as he watches you.

The clouds having filtered the morning sun to horizontal beams, Ayechaela lets the ashes go slowly, letting the dust swirl away in a cloud, silhouetted against the light.

Ayechaela clenches her jaw, pale brow lined with a frown heavy as she looks down at the empty box, hunching her shoulders over. The wind whips at her hair, hovering as she is several feet past the edge of the cliff.

You stop using a wooden tray of ashes.

Ayechaela lets a wooden tray of ashes go finally, letting it plummet down to the ocean.

You drop a wooden tray of ashes.

You sacrifice a wooden tray of ashes to Sarma.

Lartic says to you in common, in a clear, confident tone, 'It is over now.. Nothing can take him or hurt him ever again.'

Yshil nods lightly, closing his eyes and bowing his head.

Ayechaela wraps her arms around herself, clasping at her sides. She keeps her back to Lartic and Yshil, hiding her tears.

Ayechaela wipes at her face after a while, turning around, with a ghost of a smile. She glides back to solid land, finding her feet again with a somewhat relieved expression.

Rain pours mercilessly down upon you.

Yshil glances to Lartic as he raises a hand to pat you on the shoulder softly.

Ayechaela shivers as the rain begins to pour down again, tightening her cloak about her, looking altogether bedraggled.

Lartic offers a faint smile to you and holds his hand out to her.

Ayechaela takes his hand, glancing back once at the ocean, before tugging gently at his hand as an indication to leave.